Start by marking “Fling Club (Serendipity, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fling Club (Serendipity, #1)

Fling Club

(Serendipity #1)

It’s revenge—sweet and hot—in the first book of this sexy and wickedly funny series by international bestselling author Tara Brown.

For the young, rich, and beautiful, summertime in the Hamptons means one thing: Fling Club. Only this time, Cherry Kennedy won’t be selecting a boy for a fleeting romance. Nope, this season, Cherry is out for revenge. Her target? The Fling Cl

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 304 pages
Published August 14th 2018 by Skyscape

To ask other readers questions about Fling Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fling Club

Melanie (mells_view)
Ok. So here’s the positive. If you’re looking for an over the top dramatic revenge plot story, that takes place during the summer in the Hampton’s, where a couple who isn’t meant to fall in love does, and where so many secrets and lies between a group of friends are uncovered your head will spin... then Fling Club, is a story you should buy as soon as it’s available! This story is a bit problematic for me for many reasons, but I pushed through and when I got to the end the moral is good. Hurt pe ...more
Nina
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, read-in-2018, ebook
*Thanks again to Skyscape for sending me an ARC of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Every year Cherry spends her summer in the Hamptons and every year her summer revolves around the “Fling Club”. The point of the club is that its female members get to choose a guy for a fleeting romance each summer who will then accompany them to functions and other events of their choice. This year is supposed to be Cherry’s last summer in the club but instead of just finding a guy for
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

"She made my world brighter, and I clearly made hers more real."

I don't usually read reviews before starting a new book, but since this was going to be my first experience with Tara Brown, I decided to read them. There were not what I was expecting, they made me feel unsure whether to read the book or not, but at the end, I decided to give it a try... and OH BOY, it was so GOOD! The perfect mix of funny, sweet, and hawt—with just the right amount of angst to keep me glued to my kindle. I enjo
Grey
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Unfortunately, it was a case of this book wasn't for me. The tag line spelled it out for me... revenge—sweet and hot—in the first book of this sexy and wickedly funny series. I was hoping for a hit out of the park. But for me, it didn't really read that way. The revenge part was definitely there...and well deserved. Not so much sweet. Hot... maybe to some. There was just a lot of over the top drama, slut shaming and
Carvanz
After finding her best friend in bed with her boyfriend, Cheery sets out to plot the perfect revenge. For years this particular friend has ruled the Hamptons as well as the group of girls in the Fling Club. But with the help of her siblings, Cheery sets out to bring her down not realizing how deep the betrayals run.

Ashley needs money to help out his family and is desperate for a summer job. When he responds to a post looking for someone who can turn their back on their moral values in a quest fo
Audri
May 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Originally posted on the blog Fiction and Frosting
I’m not really comfortable writing reviews like this one. But since reviews need to reflect honesty, I’m keeping this short to stop myself from ranting. There were so many things that I tried to look aside, but it did not work.

The first few chapters were full of hate that I actually felt stressed reading it. STRESSED. No one should be allowed to feel that when people read for leisure.

The synopsis really intrigued me. The story itself was a slow
D
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first Tara Brown book. What the heck took me so long?
FLING CLUB was funny, sweet, smart, socially evil and a truly great read. Brown tied in the real life expectations of being young, in college and navigating friendships, the "it" crowd, love and above all else being 'you.'
Amid all the realness of the book, Brown did a fantastic job of making the story swoon worthy, a little angsty and heartfelt. Cherry's character was one that almost every single young woman could relate to on their way to
Amber
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another phenomenal book from Tara Brown. Fling Club is Mean Girls on Spring Break in the Hamptons, College style lol I really loved this story I could see the drama play out in my mind. I think Fling Club would make a good book to movie adaptation because Tara's words were so vivid. Once I started this story, there was no putting it down, there was so much drama unfolding at each turn of the page, I had to know more. The twists and turns it took from the middle to the end, majority I did not see ...more
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

It's a testament of a good book when you're into 55% of it and you message the author to say it's the best thing she's ever written.

I've been a huge fan of Tara for years now and we became friends here on Goodreads many years ago. But despite all that I've never been one to sugarcoat my feelings for a book.

The Fling Club is different from any book I've read. It has a lot of elements I love in books, but the plotline is refreshing and different.
Cheryl
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
In regards to this book, the humor is what kept be engaged and reading this book. It is funny that there was several references to Cruel Intentions as that is the vibes I got from this book. Cherry and her brother are the main leads but they don't sleep with each other. Whereas, Ashley is in the role that Reese Witherspoon played. You can't feel bad for Ashley as he knew from the start what he was getting himself into with offering to play a part.

Yet, as much as I liked the humor, it was the ch
Romance Readers Retreat
From the start of this book I thought I may enjoy it though the description of the Fling Club sounded ridiculous to me. However as the story progressed the eye rolling began.

I'll add now I've always enjoyed this authors work and was looking forward to a new book from her but this just wasn't for me in the subject matter, it is New Adult and I can't fault the writing, I just couldn't relate.

Fling Club is a New Adult read very much in the tone of Mean Girls meets one of those ridiculously wealthy
mybookcraze
I didn't like this book it wasn't for me mostly because it was just super slow for me. If the pace was faster I probably would have liked it better. The plot was weird I thought I would be into it but it didn't happen that way.
Nicole Reads
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, this book was totally unexpected.

To be honest, I based my decision on reading this book just because of the cover at first because seriously,have you seen it? It's fun,gorgeous and simply amazing. But then, I read the blurb, and was intrigued by it.

And you know what? I loved it. It had a little bit of everything, from Mean Girls type of drama, to the most romantic and touching moments, and in between  sexy banter and funny scenes. There were little twists and a few big twists in the stor
Kate (beautifulbookland)
This book is problematic; the slut-shaming is plentiful, there’s a typical mean girl, the love interest is an arsehole, and the main character’s personality is as flat as a pancake.

But to make it even more ridiculous? This ‘Fling Club’. This secret club (THEY LITERALLY BURN A PRINTOUT OF THE RULES SO NOBODY FINDS OUT - which is, incidentally, the only time this book made me laugh because I can legit remember doing this in primary school whenever my friendship group decided to make an uber cool
Melissa ♥ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf
DNF at 8%

I’m going to be honest…I can’t remember why I thought I would enjoy this one!
This is so not my typical read. I think I must have read a review of it somewhere and I was captivated by the reviewers enthusiasm (which is great) but I didn’t really account for the fact that this type of read generally never works for me.

Sadly, Fling Club just didn’t deliver at all for me though this was definitely a case of “it’s not you, it’s me”. I couldn’t even make it to 10% which is my usual cut off po
Rhiannon St. Clair
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
***I received an ebook copy from the publisher at no cost***

This book is packed with drama, and it stars in the opening pages.

I enjoyed this story. There weren't many twists and turns but it reminded me a lot of Mean Girls, and Cait made the perfect Regina George.

Cherry and her girlfriends have been leading the "Fling Club" since they were teenagers. Every summer they'd all head out to the Hamptons with their families, and for a few months, the girls ruled the world—and the boys.

Then Cherry c
Chrissie Gerber
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While this is said to be a new adult read, I'd say that the realness of the story told here is something even young adults might need to hear.  The story itself, while adding some much-needed lightness to an otherwise difficult story, is exactly what young girls will need to know about.  Actions have repercussions and those wronged can break in ways you can never expect or understand.

I must express for younger readers that there are some sex scenes, so if you are not ready for these, maybe keep
My Pink Fairytales
Gossip Girl meets Cruel Intentions.

Imagine the Upper East Side, the Hamptons and the spoiled rich kids of those parts.
Fling Club is created by the young ladies in order to pick their dates for the social events of the summers in Hamptons. It’s much crueler than it sounds, trust me.
When the Queen Bee steals someone else’s boyfriend and that someone’s starts plotting revenge, you’ll get your drama.

It was an interesting read, totally different that what i would normally prefer, but it was a nice
Moon Love
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

Stayed up until 3 AM reading this and couldn't put it down!

As always I can't wait to read more from Tara Brown and more in this series! I'm super curious to know who book 2 will be about!

The story is fascinating and took turns I could've never imagined! Cherry and Ashley are so much more than they appear to be and I loved the sort of reverse Pygmalion theme! Give me a hot intelligent guy any day! Plus the chemistry they had was off the charts!

I loved everything, except for the way some
Boundless Book Reviews
Fling Club is an enjoyable read. While revenge can be fun, It’s not all it’s cracked up to be.

Cherry has lived the luxurious life, huge houses, old money and summers in the Hamptons. One person she didn’t ever think she’d meet was Ashley. The nerdy guy from MIT. There’s a plan for revenge, and they're all in the mix.

I always try to write my reviews with little spoilers as possible. I think what I liked most about this story. Is that Cherry grew as a character. She goes from this Rich girl, who d
Emily (alotabooks13)
Jul 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
**Thanks to Net Galley for sending me a copy to review**

Synopsis: Cherry recently had her heart broken by her cheating boyfriend and friend Cait. She wants revenge and she's going to get it. She hired a man to be Cait's fake boyfriend. They are all part of the Fling Club, that they started when they were younger. Ashley is the hired man who will help the revenge plan go off without a hitch. Will the plan actually work or will it backfire?

Thoughts: I did not enjoy reading this. The summary sounde
Victoria Bunce
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I received a copy of FLING CLUB on NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to the publisher and author.

Five stars and here's why:

FLING CLUB is BRILLIANT. No joke. I laughed. I cried. I even dropped my phone/kindle app several times from laughing so hard some more. Tara Brown delivers an entertaining and original modern-day "Cruel Intentions" love story. Seriously.

I love the premise. One rich girl. One poor guy. And a major payback scheme of epic proportions. What could possibly go
Riley K.
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cherry Kennedy has had enough of her friend taking everything that Cherry has. So she decides to exact her revenge by hiring a guy to break her arch nemesis's heart. I really loved how the story developed at a steady pace. The dialogue was spot on, and the characters were believable. I cannot wait to read the next one.
Cha
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a lot of drama in it. I expected it to have that summery feel since Fling Club was held every summer, but it isn't. Nevertheless, I like and love to hate the characters. It is my first time to have read a book with a character who didn't try to sound like she is a badass bitch. Cherry Kennedy is someone who admits her flaws and tries to change them. Cait Landry. Oh God. I must tell you, there are people in real life that is closely like Cait. Someone who eats revenge for breakfast ...more
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this story. Full review to come
Bree
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

Let me just say, this book was exactly what I was in the mood for when I picked it up. Initially, I thought Fling Club was going to be a cheesy, romantic mess, and to be honest, I was here for it, but it actually ended up being way more than that. The book starts off with Cherry Kennedy discovering her boyfriend cheating on her with her now ex-best friend, and with a little coercion from her siblings, a revenge plot begins to take shape. Enter Ashley Jardine, gorgeous MIT scholarship studen
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic

The women in this book were so shallow. They created a club where they pick their dates that'll accompany them to all the elite social events. The rules for this club called, Fling Club, is crazy. I guess rich people just needs more ways to keep themselves entertained. The only character I really liked is Ashley. He was the only saving factor in this book.
Michelle Monroe
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
**Received an early copy for review purposes via Netgalley.

Oh wow, this is like a college sorority on crack! It takes mean girls to a whole new level! Cait is the queen bee, founder of Fling Club and the biggest witch of them all.
What is Fling Club you ask? Well, it’s an exclusive club that Cait runs and it’s THE club to be in if you want any social life while in the Hamptons.

The Rules? Well, that’s a secret. *wink*. But only those with personal invites can join and attend all the major part
Jeannine
If you like drama with and extra side of drama, then this one is for you. I like me some drama but this was getting a bit too ridiculous. I started skimming some parts because after awhile, I just didn’t care anymore. Which is too bad, I really liked Ashley. That poor guy had to put up with way too much crazy.

*ARC received through Netgalley for an honest review *
  • Season of Second Chances
  • Seize the Night
  • For Love or Money
  • Untitled (Flirting in Italian, #3)
  • The Dirty Secret
  • Forbidden Love (TruLove Collection)
  • A Fling with the Greek Billionaire: Mediterranean Affairs (Mediterranean Affairs #1)
  • Best Fetish Erotica
  • Twist of Fate (Circle of Spies, #3)
  • Cursed (The Crush Saga #8)
  • Close Quarters
  • Spellbound (Bewitched, #2)
  • A Conspiracy of Whispers (Whisper, #1)
  • Bridal Boot Camp
  • 2 Times the Bliss (Dirty Down South)
  • Blood Harvest
  • Traces of Grey (Alexis Stanton Chronicles, #4)
  • Trap (Origin, #5)
I am the mother of two beautiful girls who are growing up so fast, the wife of a cute guy in a uniform (my own personal hero), and a writer.
My family will tell you it doesn't exactly fall into that order. Especially around dinner time when I "Cook" from a takeout menu with my face plastered to my computer.
I also have two cats who I adore more than I should, like more than people I know, and two do

Serendipity (2 books)
  • He Loves You Not (Serendipity, #2)