Start by marking “A Brush With Fame” as Want to Read:
A Brush With Fame

A Brush With Fame

What if by chance you met a famous person? And he wants you.

Makeup artist Rafaella Hamilton accepts a one-day sub position on a Hollywood movie set. When a stranger returns a pen she drops, she doesn’t realize she’s met and mistaken for a member of the crew the lead of the movie, British heartthrob Evan Hutchinson.

As the pair continue to see each throughou
Published January 6th 2018

To ask other readers questions about A Brush With Fame, please sign up.
X At present (early 2018), only the mobi format is available. Because your Kobo doesn't support mobi files, the best way to read is from an alternate…moreAt present (early 2018), only the mobi format is available. Because your Kobo doesn't support mobi files, the best way to read is from an alternate device. The book is readable on any (iOS, Android, Mac, or Windows) device that can run the free Kindle app available from Amazon. For further information in French, please see Amazon.fr. Or for English, go to Amazon.com.(less)

Start your review of A Brush With Fame
Dianne
She knew he looked familiar, heck, he was definitely handsome, but when Rafaella Hamilton first flirted with British heartthrob Evan Hutchinson, she had no idea who he was or what they could become to each other. A makeup artist, Rafaella would soon learn that even the best concealer couldn’t hide what she was beginning to feel for Evan. She was pretty sure he felt the same way towards her, but would the life of a star be too much for Rafaella to accept? Would her personal insecurities and desir ...more
Brooke LeBlanc
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nicole Ortiz
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved Rafaella and Evan's story. I liked the storyline and the characters. This was a Romance novel with some Drama. There was a part in the story that was really emotional to me. I loved the interaction between these two. Both funny and sexy. It was a little slow in the beginning but then it became a page turner I couldn't put it down.
I received an ARC and volunteered to leave a review.
Jackie Manning
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even though Evan is famous, the relationship between him and Rafaella seemed realistic and down-to-Earth. I appreciated that their biggest issues to overcome weren’t due to his celebrity and instead were the type that all new couples must deal with (with the exception of one major issue). It made the story relatable. I enjoyed the couple’s playful relationship!
Lizzy
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice HEA Story

I truly liked the book. I enjoyed the way the author did not use fillers to make it lengthy. The characters were super perfect, almost too perfect but the narrator was great at giving us her feelings in a very normal way.
Good read!
Mokonaa
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-romance
Sweet story that kept me reading late in the night.
miri
May 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Did not finish! When I first started on the book, I just couldn't get used to the writing style. I thought that perhaps I was just not in the mood for this book. I put it aside, and tried again another day. But I just could not get through it.

The book was extremely tedious to read. Perhaps it was overly descriptive, or perhaps it was the way it was written that made it seem like emotionless narration. Every single detail, down to the exact clothes the protagonist wears, is told to the reader, a
Divergal
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While I'm not typically a contemporary romance fan, I found this novel leaving me craving to find out what outcome would occur. There was a fair amount of dramatic events throughout, yet all leading to a quintessential fairytale ending, the kind we may know isn't realistic, yet we all romanticize about regardless. The lead characters are two individuals who cross paths due to their line of work and while they play very different roles, their innately similar upbringing draws them together in a v ...more
Lissa
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this sweet love story between Rafaella and Evan. It was well written and very detailed, which I enjoyed. I think the element I enjoyed most with this story is how realistic the romance is between the two characters. I think we all at some point have wondered what life would be like dating a celebrity. When I see pictures of famous celebrities with a spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend that I don't recognize, I find my self wondering... what's their story? How did they meet? Was there an ...more
Kat J
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
It is definitely one of those feel-good books with a good storyline and developed characters. With a little bit of a Cinderella-like feel, it also has a good dose of realism thrown in so you don't think it is completely a fantasy world.

Some of the conversations seemed a bit stilted/awkward but it really could just be me.
Anika
I found the writing to be boring and overly descriptive. The who set up with the hero and heroine was unrealistic. (view spoiler) Then there was the weirdness with the heroine's long distance boyfriend still living with his parents. The heroine was 28, I'm assuming the boyfriend was of a similar age. The hero (not the boyfriend, yet) was 23. ...more
Kim
2 and 3/4 stars. DNF at 20%. It’s not that it was bad, I actually quite enjoyed the chemistry between the h/H.. I just couldn’t get into it. It didn’t help that the story felt forced, as did the dialogue. The whole dumping her boyfriend to date the H was kind of a non-issue blip, when it could have provided much more depth to the story. Maybe if I wasn’t in a bit of a book funk, I’d have stuck through with this one; as is, I’m just itching too much to move on the greener pastures.
Rochell Schneider
In A Brush with Fame, there is a mixture of romance and unexpected adversity, keeping the reader turning page after page. The dialogue between Rafaella and Evan, the main characters, is both humorous and informative as they get to know each other and through their conversations you will get to know and appreciate them too.
Dania
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed getting to know Rafaella and Evan. Their relationship was fun and sexy! The extreme difficulties they faced together made me root for them even more. Everyone at one point or another has daydreamed of falling in love with a celebrity. In, A Brush With Fame, you got a chance to live vicariously through Rafaella and that was a lot of fun!!
Arynn
Nov 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: famous
Good idea, badly written. Did not finish.
Commendably Yours
X
Jan 15, 2018
Istiak Tridip
Nov 17, 2018
New Adult Book Club: #39/18 ~ A Brush With Fame by Melinda Hazen 14 37 May 29, 2018 01:48AM
Contemporary romance/new adult author of A Brush With Fame.

Habitual latte drinker. It's all about the creamer...

Collector of Betsey Johnson jewelry. Loving LuLaRoe.

Works with students and is a soccer mom—literally.

Enjoys beta male stories and low angst, preferring outside conflicts rather than arguments on every page. I want to fall in love with the couple a