Start by marking “The Trouble with Unicorns (Team Unicorn Talia, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Trouble with Unicorns (Team Unicorn Talia, #1)

The Trouble with Unicorns

(Team Unicorn Talia #1)

Part-time demon tracker, full-time optimist …

Talia White does what comes naturally to a unicorn: Balances the scales between light and dark with hefty doses of love and joy.

Faced with a string of high profile demon possessions, Talia is determined to do her job, despite the fact that she finds herself strapped with a brooding dragon warrior as her new guardian.

That’s the
Published April 30th 2018 by Tik Tok Press

To ask other readers questions about The Trouble with Unicorns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trouble with Unicorns

Start your review of The Trouble with Unicorns (Team Unicorn Talia, #1)
Justine
Unicorns? COUNT ME IN!

Talia an optimistic being of a unicorn who tracks demons to balance the scales of light and dark and a dragon named Bryn who’s tasked to kill demons and protect the unicorn. I loved it already. Heck, I requested a review copy of it.

That was then, now… I feel duped! I think it was poorly advertised. Whenever I request or accept a title to review, check them solely based on the description and synopsis of it. The Trouble With Unicorns has the elements of what I was looking fo
Brianna Belbin
This was an awesome start to the Team Unicorn Talia series and I loved it way more than I originally thought I would! Talia is a rare unicorn shifter/ seer that hunts demons who has an extremely colorful, optimistic, and snarky personality. Bryn, a dragon shifter, is her new warrior/ guardian that is tasked to help her on her missions and protect her life at any cost. There’s burning forbidden chemistry between the two, a demon on the loose, children that her magic doesn’t work on, and she’s hav ...more
Toula
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Audio book review
The author wrote a great story . It has everything you ever want in a paranormal story , demons , dragons and a unicorn. What more do you need .

Heroine is Talia , who is a unicorn. Hero is Bryn.
Talia needs to stay alive, since she hunts demons that come into the world . Her guardian assigns Bryn as her new guardian. Bryn is a handsome dragon shifter . Bryn knows what he needs to do but the attraction between Talia and Bryn is instant .
The chemistry is red hot right off the b
Mehsi
I received this book from Xpresso Book Tours.

I dropped this book at 55%. Good, since I had a bit of a stressful/sad/not happy day, I just wanted to write the review now instead of tomorrow. So here goes. I got a ton of disappointment to throw out.

This book. When I first saw the opportunity on Xpresso Book Tours I was in love with the book. It had all the ingredients to become a favourite of mine. That cover for instance, but also a fun MC, maybe some banter between her and her new guardian, som
Dhawal Joshi
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
The blurb made me take the book but the plot was really immature and childish, characters were weird and I think the Idea didn't land off as good as it was thought to be. It's more apt to be like a Wattpad book for sure.

Read the full detailed review on www.dhawaljoshi.in
Giselle
Jun 13, 2018 marked it as to-read
Review copies can be requested here: [closed - other review opportunities found here] ...more
Ally
Jul 31, 2018 marked it as dnf
I received this book from Xpresso Book Tours.

I wanted to try really hard to get through this book, but I ended up DNF’ing at 61%. I was over halfway through and I found nothing about this book that made me want to keep reading. I was tempted to DNF from the first chapter, so I’m pretty surprised I managed to make it this far.

There’s this scene in the show Brooklyn 99, where Terry asks Jake what he liked about Terry’s novel and Jake says something along the lines of “I liked the space between the
Edwin Rydberg
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Dragons and unicorns masquerading as humans. Mermaids, fae, demons, alternate magical dimensions! What else could you need in a paranormal romance?

Before you read further, please be aware that I'm not the target reader of this genre. I agreed to read it expecting a different genre. My bad. Still, I'll try and give a fair, honest review.

Talia is a unicorn that lives in human form. The last of her kind, she's tasked with guarding Earth from demons. As a perk, this job comes with her own anthromorp
Dani Winland
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: mature young adults (sexual content)
Recommended to Dani by: Xpresso Book Tours
Thank you to Xpresso Book Tours and author DT Dyllin for giving me a copy of THE TROUBLE WITH UNICORNS in exchange for my honest opinion.

This review was originally posted on my blog: www.danithebookaholic.com

~~~

The Trouble with Unicorns is a super fun and cheerful read, with not only unicorns, but dragons, mermaids, demons and the Fey realm all making appearances at some point throughout the story. However, it's not a dark magical story like Lord of the Rings. Just like Talia, the unicorn, the
Shayay
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Listened to the story on Audible. Narrator does a good job; she fits the characters well. An enjoyable listen.

Unique, fun, cute story! Love the whole unicorn shifter angle; Talia fits how I'd expect a unicorn shifter to act, she's quirky to the extreme. It can get annoying at times, but overall, she's lots of fun. The romance aspect is really sweet too. Bryn and Talia have good chemistry; there's a bit of a enemies to lovers type thing, which was enjoyable. Bryn isn't too happy about his life be
Ruth B
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Talia is a unicorn, yes that's right a magical and beautiful creature but it's not all rainbows and cupcakes for her. An optimist at heart she has to use her powers to chase demons. And on her thirtieth birthday, her father figure/guardian is leaving her and a new guardian is coming to protect her.

Since Bryn comes into the picture tension is in the air. Imagine a sexy dragon for a guardian for a girl who has to stay a secret in order to survive. Their relationship escalates in a rush and the fir
Paranormal Tendencies
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tallia is a unicorn. For real. She can shift into the majestic creature from myth and lore. In her world it is all rainbows, except when she has to track down the occasional demon, but that’s why she has a dragon protector. Her whole life she had one father figure dragon training her and protecting her, but as she turns 30, her permanent protector will take his place. This transition is not one that Talia is happy with. She begs and pleads, but Daegus leaves and her new dragon arrives. Despite h ...more
Bluepits73
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I listened to the audiobook version of this book.

So, if I'm being entirely honest, this book was significantly better than I thought it would be and I actually finished it in one sitting. I loved the characters and the unique world that this author has built. I don't think I've ever listened to a Unicorn Shifter story and it was a real treat to see how this author put this story together. I also like how she meshed in a little bit of Dragon shifter, mermaid and fae into the mix. It was a fun an
Andy
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
This was a really cute story about a Unicorn, Dragon shifter and a mermaid who team up in order to take down a strange demon infestation. When children around town start acting strangely and developing glowing red eyes, Talia knows she must rid the town of a demon possession. Luckily, she's assigned a new guardian to help her with this task.

I really liked the juxtaposition of Talia and Bryn's personalities. Talia is almost super bubbly, and optimistic which went really well with Bryn's dragon t
Kristin
I had the amazing opportunity to beta read this book. So a lot may change between now and the publication date. :)

However, what I can say is that I thought Talia was hilarious. She's crazy, eccentric, and just all over the place. I loved that we got to see Bryn (from the The P.J. Stone Gates Trilogy) again.

Let's just say that the author definitely has a lot in store for readers with this new series.
Mandy
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have always loved unicorns especially when they become a big part of something hello Legend and Last Unicorn. For me this book did not disappoint Talia is a unicorn that lives in a human body and tasked with hunting demons. She was raised by a dragon guardian who than leaves for her full time one. She has a funny mermaid best friend that thinks she is fey. I loved Talia’s optimism and that she felt real with having a hard time with accepting a new guardian and her emotions. Makes me happy to h ...more
Ruby McDemon
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
I adored Talia throughout the entire book with her rainbows and sparkles attitude. Her inability to stay on topic for more than a few minutes just made it all the better. Once I started listening to this story I don't think I stopped even once until it was done. I enjoyed every moment and everything they go up to was great. I really enjoyed how easy it was to fall into this world and call it home foe awhile. Melissa did an amazing job narrating and helped ring out Talia's sparkle.
Michelle VanDaley
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
My review is based on the audiobook.
Talia is a Unicorn shifter Demon Hunter who acts like a prepubescent teen. She has been sheltered and therefore very immature for her age. I enjoyed the overall story line however the over usage of the word a**hat had me cringing - seriously there are so many adjectives there is no reason to use a single word that many times. The narrator does a great job bringing the story and characters to life. I would consider reading more in this series.
Claire Thake
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
With all the current hype about Unicorns, I had to jump at reading this book, and as usual, DT Dyllin, doesn't disappoint.

This is the story of Talia, who can shift into a unicorn, and is also a demon tracker and she has a new dragon protector assigned to her, who she finds herself attracted to. Sounds crazy but it works so well!

As usual, Dyllin has written a great story which is so unique and well written. If you like a good fantasy story then this is the author to go to!
Jutta
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Melissa Schwairy's narration of this book. I settled in very quickly and forgot about the narrator, just listening to the characters speak.

This book made me chuckle many times throughout, both from the chracters and the situations they got themselves into. And I loved the dynamic between Talia and her dragon. It was great to see the characters and their relationships grow and change as the book progressed. It's a great world with great characters and I'd love to know more.
Amber Niebaum
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author built quite a fascinating world. This unicorn is rare, magical and has ADHD I believe lol The main character was fun and I would be happy to go on any trip with. She is a fighter and seems to protect the world from demons which means she therefore needs a dragon guardian. Personalities clash and fun ensues. The narrator did a great job bringing this unique character to life and told the story at a perfect pace.
#AudiobookObsessionReviewer
Jesstah
May 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned
I wanted to love this, I really did.
But I'm at 80% and after taking multiple breaks, it's still just grating on my nerves and I can't take anymore. I'm sorry I hate leaving bad reviews but this is just tedious to me.
It started out ok and i loved the concept and I thought it would be funny but it's not.
Ginger
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Talia White is a Unicorn Shifter her profession is Demon tracker. Talia is snarky with a whole lot of optimism. Her side kick, protector Bryn is a dragon shifter with a chip on his shoulder.
Talia has two goals eradicate the demons and win the Dragon
Narrator Melissa Schwairy made this story fun and enjoyable.
Reviewed for Audiobook Obsession.
Lekeisha
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
So I didn't quite know what to make of this book. Demon hunting unicorn with a dragon bodyguard. Good concept but it was a little too all over the place for me. I didn't feel a strong connection to the characters or between the characters. This was just an ok read/listen for me with Ok narration.

#AudiobookObesession review
Pernille Olsen
Jun 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
If it hadn't said in the book, that Talia is 30 years old, I would have thought she was in her late teens. This book read like an YA novel. I have read YA novels with more mature MC's though. I choose not to read YA novels, because I like grown up characters, and the hole insta-love is not my cup of tea. I almost gave up on finishing this book a couple of times. I will not read on in this series.
Brooke
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Your head will be spinning with all the twists and turns of information in this book in such a great way you will be hopeless in the chance of putting it down! The ending left you begging for more as well. I really enjoyed listening to this book.
Mandy Sawyer
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This unicorn shifter book is a first that was different from the usual shifter books. It took me a little while to get into but was full of action, adventure and snark! Great narration from Melissa.
Rachel
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The hype for unicorns is wild at the moment and when I saw an audiobook about unicorns I just had to listen to it.
This is the first in a series of Team Unicorn Talia and it is a great start to the series. Talia White is a unicorn shifter and also a demon tracker. She has just been assigned a new dragon protector, Bryn he’s actually a dragon shifter and his job is to protect her life no matter what and kill demons. She isn’t happy about it to start with but it isn’t long before Talia is attracted
Denieal
Mar 04, 2020
Rob Hestar
May 09, 2018

• Shards of Frost (The Mercury Pack #5)
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)
  • The Torn Fairy: An Action Adventure Fantasy Romance
  • The Traveler
  • The Traveler Series: Boxed Set
  • The Survivor - a short story
  • The Saviour
  • Loved by the Bear - Part 5
  • So, That Got Weird (So Far, So Good, #1)
  • Betrothed to the Dragon (Lick of Fire: Dragon Lovers, #1)
  • Descendant: The Revelations of Oriceran (The Kacy Chronicles,  #1)
  • Grave Magic Bounty (Forty Proof, #1)
  • The Last Real Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #3)
  • Combatant: The Revelations of Oriceran (The Kacy Chronicles, #3)
  • Ascendant: The Revelations of Oriceran (The Kacy Chronicles, #2)
  • Transcendent: The Revelations of Oriceran (The Kacy Chronicles, #4)
  • Destined for the Dragon (Ballads of Cadarnle, #3)
D.T. Dyllin is a bestselling author who writes paranormal, sci-fi, and contemporary romance. Basically, anything with a love story is her kryptonite. Her obsession with affairs-of-the-heart is what first drove her to begin twisting her own tales of scorching romance.

D.T. was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Black & Gold for life, baby!) She now lives in Raleigh, North Carolina with h

Team Unicorn Talia (2 books)
  • Gentlemen Prefer Unicorns (Team Unicorn Talia #2)

News & Interviews