Start by marking “The Fourth Summer (Stand Tall, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fourth Summer (Stand Tall, #1)

The Fourth Summer

(Stand Tall #1)

THE ENDLESS SEASON

Freelance graphic artist Caitlin McGraw is living the hipster life in San Francisco when a jury summons brings her home to North Carolina. But doing her civic duty wasn’t supposed to include a reunion with Seth Street, the celebrity Olympic medalist—and Caitlin’s teenage love. She fell hard for Seth at thirteen, only to lose him when he left in the midd
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 250 pages
Published July 24th 2018 by Lyrical Shine

To ask other readers questions about The Fourth Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fourth Summer

Janine Ballard
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-releases
4.2 stars.

My joint review with Jennie at DA can be found here: https://dearauthor.com/book-reviews/o...
Terri
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review also found at https://kristineandterri.blogspot.com...

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

To start with, I feel the need to mention that the cover of this book seems to suggest that the story is much steamier than it actually is. For the most part, this is a pretty clean read. While there is some sex scenes, they are few and far between and they skip the details that you would read in other stories.

The focal
Cathy Geha
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Fourth Summer by Kathleen Gilles-Seidel
Standing Tall #1

Thrilled to see a new book by this author! That said, I think this book is rated on it being a NA genre rather than a contemporary romance. The story flips between the time the H/h were in their teens and their present ages of mid-twenties. So, my feeling is that it should be geared and advertised to that age reader.

Seth is a snowboarder who won the bronze medal at the Olympics in a clean sweep for America. He has been living a public l
Kevin
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where have you been, Kathleen Gilles Seidel, and would you please promise to not stay away so long? As a longtime reader and fan of Seidel's novels -- I remember buying THE SAME LAST NAME when first published during my sophomore year of college -- it's been far too long since her last novel. The fact THE FOURTH SUMMER is billed as the first novel in the "Stand Tall" series gives me hope that another book is on the horizon.

THE FOURTH SUMMER follows Caitlin and Seth through the meeting at a jury s
Heather 123
May 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF 25%

Unfortunately the author lost me with the constant back and forth from past to present. I don't typically mind it, but when you go back to when they're 13/14 and concentrate there you lose me.
Amy (TheSouthernGirlReads)
May 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-s
I will have a full review to come.
Mary
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

The premise of the book is a good one, but the jumping back and forth - from past to present - made the book hard to read. At one point, I started skipping the "past" portions and only reading the current story line.

I think the romance was there between the characters and the trial with the sequestered jury gave them both time to get to know each other again, but at the same time, I think it detracted from the romance of th
Mysterious
It's such a treat to get a new Seidel out of nowhere, after all this time. One of my absolute favorite romance novels is her Summer's End. In a lot of ways, this new book feels like deja vu - from the Olympic athlete (the hero this time), the parent in the Navy, the troublesome sibling, all the way to the "summer" in the title.

This new one doesn't quite reach the heights of Summer's End, for me. Part of it was because Seth is so young - barely out of the selfishness of one's teenaged years. He a
Synergy Quest
Jul 22, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a tolerable second chance romance where our H and h, former childhood friends, find themselves on a jury together.

That being said, I think this book is a lot more about the juror experience than a romance. While we saw the main characters work together, and flirt with intimacy, it’s not actually romantic until the last chapter. Because of this, I wish there had been another chapter to deal with them admitting their feelings for one another, deciding to move forward, and really basking in
Mona Bradley
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m biased. I love Kathy’s books. However I will advise that her books are more often centered on the personal growth of the leads as well as their interpersonal relationships outside the relationship than a romancey romance. And I just don’t care. I would read her grocery list if published.
Amanda
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was asked by the author for an honest review.

This is the first book I've read by Kathleen Gilles Seidel. I would have liked to give it 4.5 stars. I thought the setting was very unique (a sequestered jury) and I liked that the story alternated between the past and present.

I didn't entirely like the characters. They definitely weren't perfect, but that did make them more realistic. Also, I rarely have opinions on book covers, but I was not a fan of this cover. That wasn't how I imagined the mai
Susan P. Brown
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Delighted KGS is writing again!!!!!!

Interesting characters, interesting story, insights about people, the courts, politics, and boarding.

Lovely story that celebrates decent people and relationships.

Please write more and more and more.
Liz Flaherty
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s been far too long since we’ve heard the richness of Kathleen Gilles Seidel’s writing voice, since we’ve fallen in love with the men she’s introduced us to or thought hopefully, “Yes, I could do that,” about the heroines in her books. Since we’ve become invested in every single one of a story’s secondary characters and been fascinated by things we never even thought we’d be interested in but suddenly can’t learn enough about.
The Fourth Summer is about the reunion of Seth Street and Caitlin
Cheri
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle, netgalley
**I received an ARC of this book courtesy of Net Galley and the publisher. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and given freely**

The cover of this book doesn’t go with this story at all. Not that there’s anything wrong with the cover, but it’s just the wrong cover for this story in my mind. This story has way more to do with interpersonal relationships between all ages and backgrounds than a sexy guy laying on a bed.

The flashback to the relationship that Caitlyn and Seth had as youn
Angel Hatfield
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Ben, Seth, and Nate were all hanging out at the chalet they shared on the grounds of the Endless Snow Resort in Oregon. All three were snowboarders and grew up training together. Seth had won a bronze medal in the Winter Olympics. On the mountain three men were disciplined, dedicated, and determined as snowboarding was dangerous. The rest of the time they had fun. Fans expected snowboarders to be the pirates of winter sports: brash, reckless, and a little weird. That came naturally to these men. ...more
Bungluna
Sep 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: category
I was beyond elated when I realized there was a new novel out by this author. I started reading her way back when she wrote category romances. This book reminded me of her vintage novels as well as her more recent WF books.

The book deals with teenage sweethearts who reconnect in their mid-twenties when they are sequestered during jury duty. The author gives a rounded view of their past relationship, the tensions that being "imprisoned" can have on a group of strangers and the way young adults re
Anie
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Received from Silver Dagger Tour

Such a sweet and well-written story. I enjoyed reading every page. :) It's just one of those stories that make you laugh and warms your heart and make you fall in love with characters. :)

Caitlin and Seth just to spend summers together, first as friends and later as a couple, but it all stopped in the third summer. Not faith brought them back together, in the form of jury duty. The path to happiness is not all straight forward - I loved it!

Tracy Sylvester
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Caitlin and Seth's story. They grew up spending summers together as kids and lost touch as they grew up. Years later they meet up at the courthouse when they were summoned for Jury Duty. This is a wonderful friends to lovers romance.
Jody
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways
This book was a fast read. It was okay, but I didn't love it. Kept me entertained enough to keep reading to find out what happened.

I won a copy of this book from Goodreads.
Joan
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading the story of Seth and Caitlin. Recommended reading.
Rachel C.
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it
O frabjous day - a new book by Kathleen Gilles Seidel!
Jackie
May 03, 2019
Edward Hoornaert
Jan 29, 2019
WycEd Reader
Check out our The Fourth Summer post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Mary Jo – ☆☆☆
The premise of the book is a good one, but the jumping back and forth – from past to present – made the book hard to read. At one point, I started skipping the "past" portions and only reading the current storyline.

Janet
Nov 17, 2018
Theresa Brezden
Feb 22, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hard Knocks (Practice Perfect, #2)
  • Badlands (Sawbones #3)
  • The Whisky Laird's Bed (The Rake Patrol, #2)
  • Bed of Flowers (Sweetness and Light #1)
  • Perfect Catch (Boys of Summer, #2)
  • First & Goal (Queen of the League, #1)
  • Royally Wed (The Royals #3)
  • Catching Hell (The Diamond Brides, #2)
  • Tangled Thing Called Love (Life and Love on the Lam, #3)
  • Sackmaster (Necessary Roughness, #1)
  • Wild Hearts (Justiss Alliance, #0.5)
  • The Good Fight (Time Served #3)
  • Driving Her Wild (Wilinski's, #3)
  • Beauty and the Rake  (The Rookery Rogues, #3)
  • Too Much of a Good Thing?
  • Inside Edge: A Revealing Journey into the Secret World of Figure Skating
  • The Devil to Pay
  • Love Game (Love Games, #1)

Stand Tall (3 books)
  • The Last Snowfall (Stand Tall, #2)
  • Autumn's Child (Standing Tall Book 3)