Start by marking “The Takedown (The Hookup #2)” as Want to Read:
The Takedown (The Hookup #2)

The Takedown

(The HookUp #2)

What happens when you make a plan for your best friend to fall in love with you?

When secrets emerge that show Janie
Published February 27th 2018

Start your review of The Takedown (The Hookup #2)
Melissa Best
Feb 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
I loved the first book, The Hookup and I was so eager for this book. It was awful..no other word can describe it. There are errors when referencing characters, calling Nate..Dylan and vice versa. The writing is very juvenile sounding and the character are absolutely awful. While I appreciated their faults in book 1, this book makes them even worse. I'm at 80% and I'm not even sure I can finish. ...more
Jamie  Leigh
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sorry. Spoilers.

First....I am a huge fan of Ms. Cooper's. But this book did not do it for me. The heroine was indecisive and the hero. I wish I could have slapped him. & the short stories...I skipped them. Could not get into them. At. All. Sorry.
Samantha
Mar 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
I’ll be honest I skipped most of this book just to get to the end. It was a fucking train wreck.
Sandra
Shelves: arc
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review.

Synopsis:  Janie Ryan has been in love with her best friend Nate Lexington since college. Yet, he is totally clueless and unaware. So she decides to try and make him jealous by flirting with his friend Dylan on a group trip to Belize. Only things don't go as planned.  When secrets emerge that show Janie that she might never have really known the real Nate, she is left wondering what to do next. And she's also wondering why her other best frien
Amanda
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the sequel to The Hookup and the conclusion to Janie and Nate's story.

Janie has been in love with Nate since college, but he only wants to be friends. He also wants to be her hookup person. Janie decides to flirt with other guys to make Nate decide that he loves her and wants a real relationship. If he doesn't step up, then she needs to move on and cut him from her life.

The story was good, but Janie could be very annoying with her ramblings about Nate and what she should or shouldn't d
Lauren
Nov 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-books-read
Mmm 3 Stars might be a bit generous but considering I bought this book and read it I should give it a decent rating. I honestly feel like writing to whatever company edited this series because JHC I don’t get how a book can be published with that many bad edits. They even got one of the characters wrong. I’m glad things worked out for Janie & Nate (this shouldn’t be considered a spoiler because I feel like if you wanna get through this series you need to know this). Definitely not a regular HEA ...more
Candice
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ok so this book is good. But sometimes very confusing. It had stories inside of the story. 3 to exact. They are small and all interesting in there own ways. Nate is such a knob head. I totally get where he is coming from but he has a really bad way for showing it. Janie to me seemed to be a bit of a pushover when it came to Nate. But she loved him.
Teri
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Little Disappointing

I am used to J.S. Coppers' books being great. Loved the Hookup but was disappointed when it stopped when and how it did. This book that I also paid for lacked big time proofreading. Nice ending but writing seemed to be all over the place. Sorry will think twice before purchasing another.
Lilian Padilla
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book by the author and am voluntarily leaving a review. I love it I am glad Nate realize that he was screwing up and could lose the love and that he finally took a step to fix this. I love that there could be another story building here between Anabel and Dylan I can’t wait for their story.
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Takedown (The Hookup Book 2) by J. S. Cooper is a heartfelt and emotional story that kept me on the edge of my seat. The characters and the storyline, and all the drama, jealousy, heartache, and suspense, sucked me in and had me turning the pages to see how the story would unfold.

I volunteered to review an advance reader copy of this book.
Lizzi
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
A crazy journey for Nate & Janie. Deciding to go on holidays together, Janie is using Dylan to make Nate jealous so he can finally realise what he feels for her. But Anabel and Dylan have other ideas!! On OK ending for these two!!
Billy
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: steamy
Quick read, but an interesting change up at thd end

Seemed a pretty straight forward book about hook ups vs relationships and the angst ridden teenage love story, but the end seemed to be a flimsy Alzheimer's reference that explained it all
Bich Nguyen
Sep 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
I love JS Coopers books. But I felt the story lines didn’t match up and the second book was very jumbled with too many short stories that took away from the book instead of helping. Too many ideas for one book.
Pamela Kras
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
the book is about Janie and Nate s long time friendship turning into lovers. Its a cute book not my favorite of Js cooper but it was good
Alicia
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great short story. This is the second book to The Hookup.
Veronica Mostel
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Loved it. They were friends to lovers. She loved him from the start. He was afraid. He almost lost her. Great book
Helen Cuevas-tolentino
It was an ok read...a bit disappointed, character were immature not acting like adults should be....
Carol
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Takedown

The group of 4 head for a much needed vacation to Belize, thoughts to get Nate to make a move. Great heartfelt story, enjoy!
Dianna
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Romantic

Best friends are friends and lovers for life no matter the distance or whatever pushes them apart, will always be connected through love and heart.
Felicia Evans
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
soooo good

i read this all the way through. could not put it down but i want to know what happen to dyln and annable now.
Vivian
Apr 19, 2020 rated it did not like it
Janie has a door mat personality. There were no likable characters in this book.
Christine
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Merged review:

arc review For honest review. This is a story of janie and hate that have been friend a long time and try to find were they belong together . Very cute
Christi
Mar 07, 2018
Robbie
rated it it was ok
May 31, 2019
Carmen Smith guppy
Mar 03, 2018
M. A
rated it did not like it
Mar 21, 2018
Dec 11, 2018
illona de Villiers
Mar 02, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Boyfriend Effect (Frisky Business #1)
  • Penthouse Prince
  • Stealing My Best Friend (Lovers' Lane #1)
  • That Night with My Boss (One Night Stand #2.5)
  • Nathan Wolfe (Wolfe Brothers #2)
  • My Brother's Roommate (Frisky Business, #2)
  • The Christmas Pact
  • The Gone Trilogy (Gone #1-3)
  • Exposed (Hostage Rescue Team #6)
  • Hunted (Hostage Rescue Team #3)
  • Bad Boy Hero
  • Judge Me Not
  • Therapy Ever After (Therapy, #1.5)
  • Queen of First Dates (Canyon Beach #1)
  • The Younger Man
  • Diamond in the Rough (Diamond, #1)
  • Just One Year
  • Start Me Up (Man of the Month, #4)

The HookUp (2 books)