Start by marking “The Pickup (Imperfect Love #1)” as Want to Read:
The Pickup (Imperfect Love #1)

The Pickup (Imperfect Love #1)

Somebody once said we don’t decide who we love. The world decides for us. But I disagree.

I believe love is a decision. Who we love, how we love. It’s in our control - in our hands.

I grew up having no clue about the true meaning of love. Money. Cars. Houses. Status. Fame. That’s what love means to the people around me.

It wasn’t until the woman I picked up in a bar came back
Published February 7th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about The Pickup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pickup

Tabitha Willbanks
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Welp... Nikki has done it again! She gave me yet another favorite read. Not that I'm surprised. I'd probably read the woman's chore list, and give it 5 stars. Her books just do it for me.
The Pickup is a sweet second chance romance, that will just make your heart happy. Nick's a pro ball player, who's just coming into his own when he meets Olivia in a club. Both know that their chemistry is off the charts, but both give false names to conceal their identities. After a hot as hell one night stand
Andrea
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nikki Ash is my go to author and I am happy to say she delivered another touchdown with this book! I am so in love with this book and characters! Nicholas Shaw will make you fall in love with him, even when you’re mad at him for being a typical guy. He’s a sweet, sexy football player who has had a heartbreaking history with love (in any form of it). And Olivia Harper, our female lead, is a hopeless romantic who refuses to settle for less and who could blame her for that! The chemistry between Ni ...more
Nicole Erard
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A one night stand.
An exchange of names which may or may not be right.
She believes in fairytales and happily ever afters
He believes love is a decision.
Olivia and Nick hook up after meeting in a bar. Unfortunately he left something behind neither one of them expected. An accidental meeting has them coming face to face again, will she make him see fairytales are for everyone, Or will he follow the path of money and fame? Nikki Ash once again captures your attention with this story from page one. Ol
Kara
Feb 07, 2019 added it
DNF.
Not safe, and full of tropes I don't care for. I don't know why I do this to myself, I really don't.

Safety info:
(view spoiler)
Dilek VT
Feb 08, 2019 marked it as nope
I was thinking of reading this book but thanks to Kara, I am saved from an awful torture...

Nikki Ash
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The Pickup is LIVE and FREE in KU! 🏈
One-click this football romance today at a special price ➜

US: https://amzn.to/2RdjhBq
UK: https://amzn.to/2FgjIEF
CA: https://amzn.to/2GZuWz2
AU: https://amzn.to/2HamKMO

I believe love is a decision.
Who we love, how we love.
It’s in our control--in our hands.

Lily Garcia
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another top favorite of 2019! Must-read author!

I recently discovered Nikki Ash and have been obsessed ever since. She’s become one of my favorite authors. Everything she writes is amazeballs and this book was no different!

I FLOVED it so much that I read it in one sitting! I won’t give spoilers, just know it’s not an overly dramatic storyline. 😉I loved Nick and Olivia.😍 I’m sad the book ended, but I’m very excited for Killian & Giselle’s book. I’m also hoping the author writes a book for Cel
Ashely
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book I could not put it down! Oliva and Nick where so great together. It was great baby romance I love them. Nikki Ash is my favorite author it very much worth reading. I cant wait for Killian and Giselle book!
Jennifer Richey
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a sports rom com if you love fairy tales & believe in them pick up this book when two friends make a pact nick might go through with it until the girl he had a one night stand with comes back in his life and all his feelings are there. This book is a must read!
Nicole Erard
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A one night stand
An exchange of names which may or may not be right.
She believes in fairytales and happily ever afters
He thinks love is a decision.
Olivia and Nick hook up after meeting in a bar, unfortunately he left something behind neither one of them expected. An accidental meeting has them coming face to face again, will she make him see fairytales are for everyone or will he follow the path of money and fame?
Nikki Ash once again captures your attention with this story from page one. Olivia
Lynzi Nguyen
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Important information....

ITS A NIKKI ASH BOOK!!!

That's all you really need to know, right?! Nothing else really matters. Plain and simple. Lol

Ok, I guess you want more!! Geez, greedy boogers!!

So this book is about the guy, trying get the girl. Said guy is Nicolas Shaw and said girl is Olivia Harper. Or was the girl Celeste? I WILL NEVER TELL!!!

Either way, no matter who he was chasing, or should I say picking up.. 😉...Nick was clueless the whole damn time. I loved him, he was awesome, when he wa
Meg K
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Pickup is the first in a new series by Nikki Ash and will leave you completely caught up and wanting more. The characters in this story are absolute perfection. This story will have you swooning and praying for fairytales to come true.

Also, with that extended epilogue, I don’t know how I’m going to wait until April for The next stand-alone!
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
I am so in love with this author. Nikki Ash writes another home run with this amazing book!

Once again I am blow away with how much I enjoyed another one of Nikki Ash’s books. I have read many of her books and have never been disappointed. Her writing has every aspect that makes a perfect book for me. From the very beginning I am hooked and her characters have been some of my all time favorites. For me this author has given me the most amount of book boyfriends than any other. Her heroes
Rejane
Feb 13, 2019 marked it as no-way-jose
A lot of high ratings... 😏🤔😱. Go figure

Allyson ☘️
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nikki Ash... oh, Nikki Ash. I do love you.
I love football.
I love one night stands.
I love accidental pregnancies.
This was a win in my book.
I was hooked from the beginning.

One thing that I love about Nikki Ash’s books is that I not only fall in love with the hero and heroine but I fall for the secondary characters. I cannot wait to read more Killian! So. In. Love!
Lynn
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Pickup is another great book by Nikki Ash! Nick and Olivia’s story gives readers all the feels! After a one night stand and a note- that’s all- Nick feels connected to Liv but doesn’t think he will see her again! When they finally meet up again in the most unexpected way- their story begins from there and he wants to create “new chapters” to their story!
Nick is a great character- complex, caring, wanting to make everyone happy but has lost himself along the way! Olivia- I love her- she wants
Dora Koutsoukou
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
3 ❤🧚♀ ❤⭐s

This was an ok read. It didn’t thrill me but also didn’t let me down.
Kori Dicken
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another hit by Nikki Ash!

Perfect combination of drama and secrets to keep you intrigued and entertained!
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Nikki Ash never fails to bring out all my emotions with her writing. And let me tell you, The Pickup brought out A TON of them. My heart hurt, I raged, I cried, my heart melted, I laughed so hard it hurt, I fell madly in love and did I mention raged? Because for a minute there I wanted to throw my kindle across the room. Seriously though, Nikki Ash had me hooked immediately with this one truly hitting me right in the feels almost immediately and her writing kept me hooked all the way to the very ...more
Leeann Van Rensburg
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
TOP READ FOR 2019🙌🙌🙌

Nikki Ash has fast became my favourite Author that I will one click ALL the time.
I binge read her Fighting Series and their kids books. Her book keep you hooked from page one to the end.

Nick and Liv story was raw, emotional and beautiful. Can't wait for more form this Amazing Author.

Can't wait to see what Killen and Gisselle story will bring us.
Elisha
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A modern-day fairy tale with lots of hot steamy scenes and the ending leaving you wanting more. Loved every page.
Mandy Rader
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book!!! Seriously loved Nick and Olivias story, as the first book in a new series this one was unputdownable and I cannot wait for April to read more on our next couple.
NICK 💞😍 He had me Swooning y'all. This hunky football player had a heart of gold and was a true believer in love. His heart had been through the ringer before and to see him continue to try is everything! Olivia's parents had a fairy tale love so she's determined to settle for nothing less! *insert Disney references* so fun
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off this story is effing amazing! I love sport romances and this one kicked it out the park right from the start. Nick and Olivia have this amazing chemistry that will knock you right out your chair.

Nick and Olivia have this one great night together when Olivia ups and disappears which is usually the other way around but not this time. Olivia leaves Nick heart broken so he decides to throw himself into football and move on. So he does move on and while he is out on night he sees Olivia onl
queen_of_the_books_18
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars! A sweet, fun sports read.

This book made my heart happy, Nick and Olivia’s chemistry is HOT. After meeting in a club and having a one night stand they give each other false info. Olivia believes in fairytales, true love and happy ever after. Nick believes love is created by your own decisions.

After bumping into each other again will Olivia convince Nick to chase their HEA or will he be so focused on his career and the fame that things won’t work out? I loved both the hero and the hero
Kelly Denny
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy fing shit Nikki Ash!!! I can't even begin to put into words what The Pickup has done for me. I can't even stop reading it. Sneaking in pages at work, stayed up passed my bed time, anything I can do to get this book in. Oh my Lord was it EVERYTHINGGGGG i needed. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it. This is exactly how I felt about the Fighting Series as well. Oh my gosh. YOU DID IT AGAIN! I think this could easily be my new favorite! I neeeeeeeeeeeeed the next one type of book! Ruined for days from this ...more
Mette
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't quite know how to write this review, I'm kind of lost for words. All I really know is, that I absolutely loved this story, this plot, and especially these characters. Now that I'm finished anyway...

The first 35 % of the story I actually actively hated the guts out of Nick, the main character. He was so weak (him personally, not the writing of him). I didn't want to throw my kindle at the wall, I wanted to crawl into the pages, kick his behind, and shake some sense into him.

Anyway, this
Konny
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Pickup by Nikki Ash is a standalone in her Imperfect Love series.
Meet Nick Shaw. He's a 29 year old NFL player. He's a man whi loves to pleases his family (at high costs). He's very successful, on top of his game, but exhausted at the same time. He longs for something. And then he meets Liv. The have a ons , and months later they meet again and Nick is confronted with some consequences.
I'm a huge sucker for oops baby stories and this is a good one.
I loved the storyline and the characters. Th
Jenny
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! I love the storyline and how I was pulled in so fast and stayed captivated until the end. I love Nick and Liv! This book has drama, romance, and greed. I wasn’t able to put it down. I absolutely love this book and can’t wait to read more books by this author!
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Combine two of the same book 2 12 Jan 20, 2019 06:42AM
Goodreads Librari...: Add cover photo please 3 17 Jan 10, 2019 05:37AM
  • For Emery (For You, #4)
  • Tanner
  • Tears of Ink
  • Kings of Mayhem (Kings of Mayhem, #1)
  • Damaged Heart (The San Diegan, #3)
  • The Italian Kitten Meets the Russian Wolf (Giovanni Family #1)
  • Ruling the Mob
  • Truly Yours (Truly Us, #1)
  • Teach Me Sweetly
  • The Boys Next Door (Next Door, #1)
  • Enjoy the Ride (Winter Games, #3)
  • Truth (Sinful, #1)
  • Trust (Things That Matter #1)
  • Oracle
  • Dirty Flirting: Part One (Gently Broken Series)
  • Suddenly You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #4)
  • Washed Up Royal
  • Death by the River
Nikki Ash resides in South Florida where she is an English teacher and mom by day and a writer by night. When she’s not writing, you can find her with a book in her hand. From the Boxcar Children to Wuthering Heights to the latest Single Parent Romance, she has lived and breathed every type of book.

Reading is like breathing in, writing is like breathing out. - Pam Allyn

While reading and writing ar