Start by marking “Power Play” as Want to Read:
Power Play

Power Play

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  655 Ratings  ·  135 Reviews
I was my own worst enemy. For as much as I depended on order and a structured life to easier manage my bipolar disorder, fire was irresistible and indisputably my favorite toy to play with. On the ice, it turned me into a hotheaded hockey player. In the bedroom, my attitude was my last defense, a front I wanted to see tumbling down. But lately, all I got was burned.

Love su
Published January 30th 2018 by Cara Dee

Judith
4.5

Well,Daddy likes it filthy....damn this was hot and pushed all my buttons....

Who would have thought this book would be a total hit for me?

I didn't read the blurb,all I saw was that Cara Dee had a new book out.

BDSM and DD/lb isn't normally my thing at all.I've read a few books about Daddy Kink and it's never really got me going...in fact I've found them quite cringing.

WELL my opinion definitely changed here.I absolutely loved this.I'm definitely not an expert on BDSM but I would say this isn't
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

That's right, it's DADDY KINK, baby!!

I'm a huge, huge lover of daddy kink. I love it in DD (domestic discipline) relationships and I love it in big/little relationships. I've read a number of DD/lg books but fewer DD/lb (more if you count "novellas" on some, uh, story websites *cough, nifty, cough*). I was BEYOND excited to try this one, and a lot of the story worked for me. Unfortunately, some of it didn't.

Some warnings before going into this one:

It's AGE PLAY, folks. If you are un
Renée
I had to look up DD/lb before I started reading this one. And I knew going in it wasn't going to be my cuppa.

So why would I read this, then?

Because Cara Dee.

I read it if she writes it.

And I'm glad I did, because some of it was hot! Some of it wasn't the best. One thing made me cringe.

But I loved the story and the way Dee can make me feel.

My heart was breaking for Abel within the first few chapters. My eyes may have even been leaking.

To be in love with someone for so long, only to have your
Jewel
4.5 Stars

In a perfect world, I'd be your Daddy.

If Cara Dee writes it, I will read it. Full Stop. I admit I was feeling cautious here, being as how that the dynamic is DD/lb, and I was very unfamiliar with it. I had to do a little bit of research so that I would have an idea of what to expect. Honestly, though, I needn't have worried -- Power Play was damn near perfect. I loved it!

They bonded over Nutella and formed a friendship so strong, neither Abel nor Madigan ever thought it would break.
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

I was hesitant to read this book. I am usually not a fan of Daddy kink. But this is Cara Dee we're talking about, so all bets are off.

Turns out I LOVE Daddy kink when it's done right.

Mad isn't Abel's father; Lincoln is, and he's the coolest dad ever. But Mad has looked out for Abel since Abel's biological father died when Abel was 5.

And Abel needs a keeper: he's a professional hockey player plagued by depression and anxiety. Abel is biopolar and doesn't adult well. He forgets to eat. He'
Susan

I loved this! Wonderful wonderful Daddy kink. It was believable and totally fit the characters in every way. This was not just a ‘call me Daddy in the bedroom’ kind of book. No, these guys fully embraced the Daddy/boy dynamics while still being equals in every way and without forgetting about the friendship they already had.

Abel is 5 when his father dies. He and his brother are left in the care of their stepmother, Adeline, who provides a stable home for them. Abel and his brother grow
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
3.5 Stars!

Well, I think it's safe to say DD/lb...

Daddy kink I am apparently okay with, little boy...not so much.

That being said, this wasn't a bad book. The writing was good. Cara Dee is very hit or miss for me. I wouldn't say this was miss levels for me . I think it comes down more to personal preference, and there were parts of this one that made me legit cringe.

I was always invested and there were parts that were hot.

I also agree with Line's review that too many characters from the other s
Line
In this instance I can say with 100% accuracy: "it was definitely me!"
description
Hah, not really "unique" though, but I have found my squeak-limit and it begins with the 'Oreo O's', goes through tickling, giggling, apple juice boxes and ends with a piggy bank for a rich hockey player, where he stashes his allowance *blushes furiously*.

I am all for expanding my horizons, and this was a pre-order as soon as Ms. Dee announced that it was up for grabs.
The writing, the people, the 'town' of Camassia Cove and th
Chris
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, mm
This was Daddy kink with a ton of sweetness and love ❤ Cara did a great job with this book and got into the relationship fast - Abel announced his love for Mad via text, putting every emotion on the line and Mad basically ran away ... for two years ! Mad is best friends with Abel’s parents and while he has loved and protected Abel forever he couldn’t cross the line. However, Abel being the persistent one, thanks to Grey, was relentless. Once he broke Mad there was no going back ! I adored these ...more
River
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
I see a lot of high rating reviews here so apparently I'm going to be in the minority here. It pains me to do this review because I normally I really enjoy Cara's books but I have to stick my guns and I personally didn't like this book.

First of all, when I hear DD/lb I instantly think of the hardcore daddy/little relationships so I was wary going in because I had no idea if it was going to be just mild play or full on diapers, bottles and stuff.
It wasn't as weird as I thought, actually my three
Ele
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*
"I wasn't some hotshot hockey player with a big chip on his shoulder. I was a blubbering little boy getting ravaged by his Daddy."

Cara Dee...I just love you. That's all.
Wendy
Definitely the best "Daddy" kink book I have ever read ;)

review to come
Christelle
Another addition to the Camassia Cove series. I think it can be read as a standalone (I haven’t read the MF books of this series and I think it’s enough to know that previous characters are just part either of Abel’s family or his circle of friends).

So, here, we get the story of Abel, 21, hockey-player, bipolar, who grew up nicely surrounded by his adopted family and Madigan, a friend of his biological father and of his adopted parents. But, see, when Abel was 12, he professed he would spend his
Karen
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well this was not only outside of my comfort zone, I'm pretty sure it was in a totally different neighborhood but I have to admit I enjoyed it a lot more than I would have believed possible...I'm pretty sure it was due at least in part to my awesome buddy read partners, Josy & Christelle and our lovely and official stalker Simone but whatever, it worked for me.

A more full review will appear here one day...hopefully sooner rather than later ;)

Hey look...It's time for that full review...

So
Natalie
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazon, m-m, kindle-loaned
4.5 but I rounded up

Only Cara Dee could make me enjoy a story with Daddy kink. I wasn’t even completely squicked out every time Abel called Mad “Daddy”. Unlike some other books with this theme, Abel doesn’t feel or sound like a little kid and Mad really doesn’t treat him that way, at least not entirely. He does in some aspects but their history, as Abel grew up with a bi-polar condition, accounted for some of it. With the story coming entirely from Abel’s POV, he sounded his age and he sounded l
Josy
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
~ 4.5 stars ~

I think it's no secret that I'm a fan of daddy kink so of course I was really excited about this book. And I'm so glad I read it! It was not only extremely sexy but also very emotional. The struggles Abel faced due to his bipolar conditions tugged at my heartstrings and the hurt he felt when he did not only lose the man he's loved for years but also his best friend and anchor, after Mad's initial rejection, were very painful to read about. At the same time, it made me insanely happy
Ky
That was interesting.... It's not the first time I've read a DBSM book but it's the first time I've read one with Daddy kink and, while I don't see myself reading another one anytime soon, I'm definitely not sorry that I read this one!

I thought the reltionship dynamic was going to make me feel uncomfortable and I was prepared to have to stretch my limits pretty thin in order to finish this. Well, that didn't happen! The way Cara Dee handled the ralationship and the connection between Abel and Ma
Truuss
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, m-m
Yess ✔ yes ✔ yes ✔in all the possible ways. ...more
Katerina
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
For me without real highlights and surprises.

This book belongs to the Camassia Cove series. Although it can be read as a stand alone, the many names confused me. So many friends and relatives. I found it exhausting, because I remembered the first parts only vaguely. I never knew if these names should tell me something. Whether I should know the mentioned persons.

For those who love sweets, it will be a treat.

I'm someone who dislikes Nutella. I'm sorry. It is particularly bad in the summer when th
Bibliophile
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whooo! ::fans herself::

Wow. That was one steamy and emotional read!

I don't even LIKE daddy kink but this book pushed all my buttons. It was HOT! Wow.
I loved Mad and Abel's relationship from beginning to end--and that scene with Grey? ::fans herself again::

Okay, I'm officially incoherent and can't write a proper review. Cara Dee has done it again. She is a magician on the page. Well done! A highly recommended read!
Lelyana
“I wasted two years believing my feelings for you were wrong—until you and your bravery knocked sense into me.”

Whooah, I didn't see it coming!

If there's anything to blame, blame Nutella. How could a six year old boy say no to Nutella, from his Daddy's best friend? Not a chance. I know Mad sounds like a pervert pedo at the time, but no.

No worries, he didn't 'interested in Abel' 'that way', not until at least after Abel nineteen.

But Abel knew he wanted to marry his Mad when he's twelve.

This i
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc, age-gap, m-m
4.25 stars.

He was warm and all comfort and protection. This was my home.

When I read that blurb I wasn't sure how the book was going to be. Because, to be fairly honest, I'm not the biggest fan of DD/lb but I should have never doubted Cara. Because this was actually a pretty great read. There were a few moments that I wasn't the biggest fan off. But aside from that I loved this.

One thing I love about Cara is her ability to make me feel. Abel's story was breaking my heart. The first few ch
Teri

I didn't like this book and I'm so upset about it. I LOVE Cara Dee! but this just did not work for me.
Look, there were things about it that I definitely liked. I think that Abel was realistically drawn in many ways, his bipolar and anxiety. What he craved from this relationship dynamic totally made sense and I got it, I really did. I liked and appreciated that.
I loved Abel and Gray. This was a well done friendship. I wasn't even bothered when (view spoiler)
Al *the serial series skipper*
Finding a good book with daddy kink is like searching for a needle in a haystack, after a while you give up. I had thought I loathed daddy kinks because the few I have read have been crap, this surprisingly, was pretty good.

So if you are searching for a good daddy kink sprinkled with some BDSM, then this is the book for you.
Emily Seelye
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfection!
Stephanie
Yes! Yesssssss

That's how Daddy is done! *claps hands*

Abel is a professional hockey player who suffers from Bipolar disorder.
When his dad had passed away when he was only 6, his dad asked his BFF to always be there for Abel, as he know he was "special".

Mad, being who he is, wouldn't have had it any other way. He is a Dom, and a huge nurturer and took his role pretty seriously.

Mad watched Abel grow up, but he never considered himself an "uncle" figure, but more as a best friend to Abel.

Well, u
♣️ Lynda ♣️
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! As someone with anxiety disorder this resonated with me!!
Jaime
Very mixed feelings about this book, need to let it digest a while & gather my thoughts.
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR LOVE BYTES

This is my first 5 star book of 2018 for a number of reasons not least the fact that I literally couldn’t put it down from the minute it hit my kindle. I will just add that for all that I loved Power Play I can well imagine people having the complete opposite reaction – this book will be like marmite for many – you will either love or hate it. In case you missed it though I loved it!

The prologue packs a punch as we meet a young Abel who is in the process of watching his fa
BR Karen, Josy and Christelle 350 9 Feb 27, 2018 02:05PM

I'm often stoically silent or, if the topic interests me, a chronic rambler. In other words, I can discuss writing forever and ever. Fiction, in particular. The love story—while a huge draw and constantly present—is secondary for me, because there's so much more to writing romance fiction than just making two (or more) people fall in love and have hot sex. There's a world to build, characters to d
More about Cara Dee

“At some point, I’d have to decide if I was writing a love letter or an apology.” 0 likes