Start by marking “Power Play” as Want to Read:
Power Play

Power Play

I was my own worst enemy. For as much as I depended on order and a structured life to easier manage my bipolar disorder, fire was irresistible and indisputably my favorite toy to play with. On the ice, it turned me into a hotheaded hockey player. In the bedroom, my attitude was my last defense, a front I wanted to see tumbling down. But lately, all I got was burned.

Love su
Published January 30th 2018 by Cara Dee

To ask other readers questions about Power Play, please sign up.
Leisha Hi Joyce,

Hi Joyce,

The only indication I could find that this is part of a series is that it is set in the same town as one of Dee's series. Unfortunately, in order to be able to confidently add it, there needs to be a source (author, Amazon) to show that it's part of a series, otherwise librarians are not allowed to add it.

Best wishes,

Leisha(less)

Start your review of Power Play
Judith
4.5

Well,Daddy likes it filthy....damn this was hot and pushed all my buttons....

Who would have thought this book would be a total hit for me?

I didn't read the blurb,all I saw was that Cara Dee had a new book out.

BDSM and DD/lb isn't normally my thing at all.I've read a few books about Daddy Kink and it's never really got me going...in fact I've found them quite cringing.

WELL my opinion definitely changed here.I absolutely loved this.I'm definitely not an expert on BDSM but I would say this isn't
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

That's right, it's DADDY KINK, baby!!

I'm a huge, huge lover of daddy kink. I love it in DD (domestic discipline) relationships and I love it in big/little relationships. I've read a number of DD/lg books but fewer DD/lb (more if you count "novellas" on some, uh, story websites *cough, nifty, cough*). I was BEYOND excited to try this one, and a lot of the story worked for me. Unfortunately, some of it didn't.

Some warnings before going into this one:

It's AGE PLAY, folks. If you are un
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

I was hesitant to read this book. I am usually not a fan of Daddy kink. But this is Cara Dee we're talking about, so all bets are off.

Turns out I LOVE Daddy kink when it's done right.

Mad isn't Abel's father; Lincoln is, and he's the coolest dad ever. But Mad has looked out for Abel since Abel's biological father died when Abel was 5.

And Abel needs a keeper: he's a professional hockey player plagued by depression and anxiety. Abel is biopolar and doesn't adult well. He forgets to eat. He
Renée
I had to look up DD/lb before I started reading this one. And I knew going in it wasn't going to be my cuppa.

So why would I read this, then?

Because Cara Dee.

I read it if she writes it.

And I'm glad I did, because some of it was hot! Some of it wasn't the best. One thing made me cringe.

But I loved the story and the way Dee can make me feel.

My heart was breaking for Abel within the first few chapters. My eyes may have even been leaking.

To be in love with someone for so long, only to have your
Jewel
Every time I read this story (5 times so far), I love it more and more. In fact, there is only one thing in the whole novel that makes me roll my eyes, and that's when (view spoiler) Other than that, Power Play is perfection.

-------Original Review 26 Jan 2018------
In a perfect world, I'd be your Daddy.

If Cara Dee writes it, I will read it. Full Stop. I admit I was feel
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
4.25 Needy-Wanty Obsessive Love Stars!

After reading Cara Dee’s Stranded book, I was still craving more of Cara Dee. I remembered I still had Mad and Abel’s story to read. It’s true that this author’s books can be read as standalones, but a lot of characters from past books are mentioned and make cameo appearances.

My first introduction to Mad and Abel was in the author’s book Path of Destruction. If memory serves me right, Abel was about 13 and had pretty much staked his claim on Mad, who was i
Susan
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this! Wonderful wonderful Daddy kink. It was believable and totally fit the characters in every way. This was not just a ‘call me Daddy in the bedroom’ kind of book. No, these guys fully embraced the Daddy/boy dynamics while still being equals in every way and without forgetting about the friendship they already had. But it wasn't full on age play either.

Abel is 5 when his father dies. He and his brother are left in the care of their stepmother, Adeline, who provides a stable home for th
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

Well, I think it's safe to say DD/lb...

Daddy kink I am apparently okay with, little boy...not so much.

That being said, this wasn't a bad book. The writing was good. Cara Dee is very hit or miss for me. I wouldn't say this was miss levels for me . I think it comes down more to personal preference, and there were parts of this one that made me legit cringe.

I was always invested and there were parts that were hot.

I also agree with Line's review that too many characters from the other s
Line
In this instance I can say with 100% accuracy: "it was definitely me!"
description
Hah, not really "unique" though, but I have found my squeak-limit and it begins with the 'Oreo O's', goes through tickling, giggling, apple juice boxes and ends with a piggy bank for a rich hockey player, where he stashes his allowance *blushes furiously*.

I am all for expanding my horizons, and this was a pre-order as soon as Ms. Dee announced that it was up for grabs.
The writing, the people, the 'town' of Camassia Cove and th
DarienMoya
4.5

~DADDY WILL YOU PLAY WITH ME~

Can I get a Amen and simultaneous call for 911 because Power Play was hot fire 🔥. Like how haven’t I read Care Dee before this? It’s like she reached in my brain and found out my love for dirty talk and put that ish all in a book. Like their were words so many very very good words.

Abel is in love with his bestfriend. Well bestfriend is an understatement because his relationship with Madigan transcends a word or label. Upside he knows he would be perfect for him, d
Chris
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, lgbtq
This was Daddy kink with a ton of sweetness and love ❤️ Cara did a great job with this book and got into the relationship fast - Abel announced his love for Mad via text, putting every emotion on the line and Mad basically ran away ... for two years ! Mad is best friends with Abel’s parents and while he has loved and protected Abel forever he couldn’t cross the line. However, Abel being the persistent one, thanks to Grey, was relentless. Once he broke Mad there was no going back ! I adored these ...more
Ele
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Still as good as the first time.
......................................................
*4.5 stars*
"I wasn't some hotshot hockey player with a big chip on his shoulder. I was a blubbering little boy getting ravaged by his Daddy."

Cara Dee...I just love you. That's all.
Christelle
Another addition to the Camassia Cove series. I think it can be read as a standalone (I haven’t read the MF books of this series and I think it’s enough to know that previous characters are just part either of Abel’s family or his circle of friends).

So, here, we get the story of Abel, 21, hockey-player, bipolar, who grew up nicely surrounded by his adopted family and Madigan, a friend of his biological father and of his adopted parents. But, see, when Abel was 12, he professed he would spend his
River
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
I see a lot of high rating reviews here so apparently I'm going to be in the minority here. It pains me to do this review because I normally I really enjoy Cara's books but I have to stick my guns and I personally didn't like this book.

First of all, when I hear DD/lb I instantly think of the hardcore daddy/little relationships so I was wary going in because I had no idea if it was going to be just mild play or full on diapers, bottles and stuff.
It wasn't as weird as I thought, actually my three
Wendy
Definitely the best "Daddy" kink book I have ever read ;)

review to come
ReadingAllNite
4.5 Stars

4.5 but I rounded up

Only Cara Dee could make me enjoy a story with Daddy kink. I wasn’t even completely squicked out every time Abel called Mad “Daddy”. Unlike some other books with this theme, Abel doesn’t feel or sound like a little kid and Mad really doesn’t treat him that way, at least not entirely. He does in some aspects but their history, as Abel grew up with a bi-polar condition, accounted for some of it. With the story coming entirely from Abel’s POV, he sounded his age and he
Karen
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well this was not only outside of my comfort zone, I'm pretty sure it was in a totally different neighborhood but I have to admit I enjoyed it a lot more than I would have believed possible...I'm pretty sure it was due at least in part to my awesome buddy read partners, Josy & Christelle and our lovely and official stalker Simone but whatever, it worked for me.

A more full review will appear here one day...hopefully sooner rather than later ;)

Hey look...It's time for that full review...

So
Josy
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
~ 4.5 stars ~

I think it's no secret that I'm a fan of daddy kink so of course I was really excited about this book. And I'm so glad I read it! It was not only extremely sexy but also very emotional. The struggles Abel faced due to his bipolar conditions tugged at my heartstrings and the hurt he felt when he did not only lose the man he's loved for years but also his best friend and anchor, after Mad's initial rejection, were very painful to read about. At the same time, it made me insanely happy
Ky
That was interesting.... It's not the first time I've read a DBSM book but it's the first time I've read one with Daddy kink and, while I don't see myself reading another one anytime soon, I'm definitely not sorry that I read this one!

I thought the reltionship dynamic was going to make me feel uncomfortable and I was prepared to have to stretch my limits pretty thin in order to finish this. Well, that didn't happen! The way Cara Dee handled the ralationship and the connection between Abel and Ma
Truuss Loveislovereview
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, lgbtq
Yess ✔️ yes ✔️ yes ✔️in all the possible ways.
Elsbeth
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*

Well... I'll have to admit. This was actually the first "Daddy-kink" book that worked for me. I believed it. I believed the relationship between Abel and Mad (Madigan). Mad was just what Abel needed to coop with his bi-polar disorder and his anxieties because of that. No man understood him like Mad did. Abel had grown up with him.

Their relationship didn't make me cringe once. So color me surprised.

description

Also Abel had this friend-with-benefits relationship with Cray and even what (view spoil
CC

At 21, Abel Novak-Hayes is a professional hockey player who tries to balance his condition with routine and low stress. From a young age, Abel relied on a close friendship with his father’s best friend to keep him grounded, but once Abel started to develop feelings for him, the dynamic changed causing Abel to feel rejected. With some nerve, Abel decides to chase the truth.

“He was warm and all comfort and protection. This was my home.”

Madigan Monroe is a proprietor of a successful tattoo sho
Monica Vidal
Stick a fork in me cause I am done. 😵

First lemme just say: Hells to the yes to the gods of dirt talk, because Cara Dee knows stuff. Some warnings may be necessary: age gap, Daddy/Little relationship and mental issues. I’ll concur that, I’m totally digging the age gap stuff, it’s hot what can I say? BUT this one had some moments that made me feel weird about it. The thing here is that Mad (the super hot Daddy) has known Abel (the super hot Little) since he was a child. Mad was friends with Abel’s
Christine
Great writing. I definitely found a favorite in Cara Dee.
This was my first Daddy read and I’m going to assume it was mild because other than one scene it was more dirty/kink than bdsm. Which is great because I outgrew bdsm a while ago. I learned that Daddy kink is not for me. It wasn’t too horrible until we got to the 90% mark and then the constant use of the word “Daddy” drove me nuts. I also didn’t like Abel dumbing himself down to a child in a few instances. But I’m still in love with Cara a
Katerina
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
For me without real highlights and surprises.

This book belongs to the Camassia Cove series. Although it can be read as a stand alone, the many names confused me. So many friends and relatives. I found it exhausting, because I remembered the first parts only vaguely. I never knew if these names should tell me something. Whether I should know the mentioned persons.

For those who love sweets, it will be a treat.

I'm someone who dislikes Nutella. I'm sorry. It is particularly bad in the summer when th
Bibliophile
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whooo! ::fans herself::

Wow. That was one steamy and emotional read!

I don't even LIKE daddy kink but this book pushed all my buttons. It was HOT! Wow.
I loved Mad and Abel's relationship from beginning to end--and that scene with Grey? ::fans herself again::

Okay, I'm officially incoherent and can't write a proper review. Cara Dee has done it again. She is a magician on the page. Well done! A highly recommended read!
M.I.A
~4.25~

I'm still a bit flabbergasted as I write this review. Probably need some time to digest but alas I am just going to go for it.

I have separate opinions one for the kink and the other for Mad and Abel.

Mad and Abel were both incredibly lovable as characters.

Mad is older, body riddled with tattoos, a Dom and Abel's personal champion and white knight.
Mad has been in Abel's life since he was six years old and is a close friend of the family.

Abel is younger, an athlete, has bipolar disorder
Lelyana
“I wasted two years believing my feelings for you were wrong—until you and your bravery knocked sense into me.”

Whooah, I didn't see it coming!

If there's anything to blame, blame Nutella. How could a six year old boy say no to Nutella, from his Daddy's best friend? Not a chance. I know Mad sounds like a pervert pedo at the time, but no.

No worries, he didn't 'interested in Abel' 'that way', not until at least after Abel nineteen.

But Abel knew he wanted to marry his Mad when he's twelv
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR LOVE BYTES

This is my first 5 star book of 2018 for a number of reasons not least the fact that I literally couldn’t put it down from the minute it hit my kindle. I will just add that for all that I loved Power Play I can well imagine people having the complete opposite reaction – this book will be like marmite for many – you will either love or hate it. In case you missed it though I loved it!

The prologue packs a punch as we meet a young Abel who is in the process of watching his fa
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Finding a good book with daddy kink is like searching for a needle in a haystack, after a while you give up. I had thought I loathed daddy kinks because the few I have read have been crap, this surprisingly, was pretty good.

So if you are searching for a good daddy kink sprinkled with some BDSM, then this is the book for you.
BR Karen, Josy and Christelle 350 15 Feb 27, 2018 02:05PM

• Slow Hand (Perfect Hands, #4)
  • Finding Finley
  • Caring for Little Ollie (Different Hearts, #1)
  • His Accidental Daddy
  • Pretty Baby (Daddy's Boy, #2)
  • The Only Way to Love (The Mechanics of Love #2)
  • Baby Boy (Daddy's Boy, #1)
  • Rules to Live By (The Lodge #1)
  • Healing Hand (Perfect Hands, #5)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Serving Mr. Chamberlain (Different Hearts, #3)
  • Daddy (Kinky Boys #1)
  • Gentle Hand (Perfect Hands #2)
  • Rules for Growing (Davey's Rules, #4)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • His Someone Special
  • Naughty Hand (Perfect Hands #3)
  • End Scene

I'm often stoically silent or, if the topic interests me, a chronic rambler. In other words, I can discuss writing forever and ever. Fiction, in particular. The love story—while a huge draw and constantly present—is secondary for me, because there's so much more to writing romance fiction than just making two (or more) people fall in love and have hot sex. There's a world to build, characters to

News & Interviews

“At some point, I’d have to decide if I was writing a love letter or an apology.” 0 likes