Start by marking “Kate's Dilemma (Kate's Case Files #3)” as Want to Read:
Kate's Dilemma (Kate's Case Files #3)

Kate's Dilemma

(Kate's Case Files #3)

Kate can’t stay with the team any longer. She has worked for too long to keep the walls around her heart and around her past to allow the team to tear them down now. She doesn’t think they can handle what is behind them; she’s not sure she can. Heading to Charleston with the team on one last case, she and Brian go undercover as brother and sister to find out if a young mus ...more
Kindle Edition
Published June 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Kate's Dilemma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kate's Dilemma

Start your review of Kate's Dilemma (Kate's Case Files #3)
Kate Willis
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I missed this series. I am ridiculously excited to have read book three now. I love the characters, setting, inside jokes, and solid Biblical truth so much. It was a little bit like coming home. ;)

While the mystery in this one was interesting, it was less intense than the others and a little more on the talky side. Which I didn’t mind because--character development. I loved getting to know them all a little better, especially Brian. He was so darling and cheerful and helpful and funny, desp
Jan 06, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
I had so much fun exploring a city through my writing, and also more of the back stories for each of the characters. I know that this book will be a springboard for delving even deeper into the characters in #4.
(For those who have been wondering Kate's Case Files will have 12 books if all goes well)
(Due to budget constraints and the fact I haven't sold enough paperback covers to off-set the cost, a paperback will not be released at this time)
Rebekah Morris
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was excited to join Kate, Patrick, and the rest of the team on a new adventure. While Kate and Patrick remained the main characters, it was fun to see Brian featured more and to learn about all of them. The topic of pirated music and movies was handled well and is something that I think many people don't even think about.
Mikayla
Loved this one!! I loved the message, and thought it was very well presented. The humor had me laughing out loud several times. And honestly, I loved that (view spoiler)
Can't wait for the next book!!
Rachelle Cobb
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-read
I had the great privilege of walking through Charleston (one of the settings for this book!) with the author! That was one of my favorite days as I showed Sarah my city! It was so fun reading about Charleston through Kate's eyes; and Sarah beautifully details the story and how Kate's character changes and grows. I recommend this book to those who love light mysteries wrapped up in deep spiritual truths with endearing characters! ...more
Deborah O'Carroll
First posted on my book blog here: https://thepagedreamer.wordpress.com/...

10 Thoughts on Kate’s Dilemma by Sarah Holman

1. I don’t read a lot of modern fiction, and definitely not usually FBI mysteries. But Sarah Holman’s Kate’s Case Files is a special series that has twined itself around my heart. These books are like my candy, or a fun TV show—I’m addicted and I love them. XD So I was really excited for this third installment, and it did not disappoint!

2. In Kate’s Dilemma, Kate is having tro
Esther
I've been trying to figure out how best to review this book, but I'm honestly still discovering the depth of its theme. The message is not an easy one to swallow but one so many need to hear.

I think a lot more of us have been hurt than we initially realize. Everyone puts up such a good masquerade that we get lost in our own hurt. We can't understand why we have to be the one struggling. If we're honest though, we're all hurting.

C.S. Lewis said, "Friendship is born at the moment when one man sai
S.G. Willoughby
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm too tired to write a full review, but:
1. It was lots of fun to get to know Brian better, especially from Kate's POV.
2. Kim is awesome.
3. What is it with authors and heart-breaking backstories?
4. I can't wait for the next book. (At least we don't have to wait as long this time *stares pointedly at Sarah*)
Angie Thompson
Really enjoyed this installment--maybe especially since there are already more books in the series out and I didn't have to worry over what Kate's eventual decision would be. ;) I really liked getting to know Brian better and getting little glimpses into some other people's backstories, although my heart hurt for some of the things they've gone through. :'( Brian under the effects of chloroform was pretty funny, though!

I really liked the message of how our greatest strengths can often be our gre
Amanda Tero
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was good to be able to continue Kate’s series. Being a musician myself, the topic of music piracy is one I feel quite strongly on, so it was interesting to read it in a book.

The Christian content was steady throughout the book and there is absolutely nothing romantic to be concerned over in this book.

There are a few things in this I felt were inaccurate to FBI training. I do realize it is fictionalized, but sometimes the characters seemed too immature to have gone through Quantico. And I real
Rose
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was so much fun reading this book. I love Sarah's honesty, humor, and faith. She puts so much of her heart into her stories.
And I'm proud to call her sister
Tarissa
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kate Mayfield's walls that she's put up around her aren't working so well as of late. She is tiring of her co-workers' antics and having to be in so many tough conversations. She's not wired for such personal relationships, or at least, not ready yet. Pain is holding her down inside. How does one get away from things you don't like? Walk away from working for the FBI, of course.

This time around, Kate and the rest of the FBI team are working on a case in Charleston, South Carolina. (I enjoyed get
Abigail Harris
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Genre: Fiction.

My Rating: 5 Stars.

Recommendation: Anyone over 13.

My favorite character/s: Brian is my favorite character in Kate's Dilemma, I loved how he's encouraging even he's had a rough life. He's a great character, I love how he's kind of a mentor to both Kate and Patrick. I think he's my favorite character in Kate's Dilemma.

My Verse for Brian is Matthew 5:5
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. King James Verison.

I'm not very sorry for Patrick (oh wait, he's still a favor
Esther Filbrun
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve eagerly followed the progression of the stories in the Kate’s Case Files series ever since I saw a short excerpt from the first book sometime before it was published. I’ve enjoyed each one, and Kate’s Dilemma was a delightful continuation.

I love how the author has woven challenging truths in along with the mystery itself. It really helps bring out the story—some are more complicated than others, but the central conflicts in this story are ones that I’ve struggled with myself. Sometimes, I t
Faith Posten
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kate's Decision

Sarah Holman has written another wonderful story that will keep you guessing. You will especially be caught up in some of Kate's internal thought processes. She wants to leave this group of dedicated FBI agents. How can she stay with them without even sharing her past pain, her hopes and her dreams. They have shown her notes but kindness and friendship. Then she hurt all of them! And the case isn't going well at all. There is a lot going wrong. Will it ever get straightened out?
Ellen White
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting story of pirated music, and the profit from it. Kate can’t let go of her pass, and thinks this will be the last case she works on. This let us know more about Brian as he goes undercover with Kate. Good series, good characters. Given audio for my voluntary review and my honest opinion
Olatomi Afilaka
Carrie
Jul 20, 2020
Kelsey Bryant
Jun 12, 2018

• The River Girl's Christmas (Texas Women of Spirit #4)
  • The River Girl's Song (Texas Women of Spirit, #1)
  • The Comanche Girl's Prayer (Texas Women of Spirit #2)
  • Finding Love (Love's Enduring Promise #2)
  • Noble Pursuits
  • The Missing Sister
  • Secrets She Knew (A Secrets and Lies Suspense Novel, #1)
  • Hadley Beckett's Next Dish
  • The Perfect Cast (Love's Enduring Promise #1)
  • A Heartwarming Romance Collection
  • The Neighborly Thing (Washington, #2)
  • Talking for Two (Washington, #3)
  • Clowning Around
  • Just As I Am (Unfailing Love #1)
  • The Water Keeper (Murphy Shepherd #1)
  • Heaven Sent Rain
  • Georgia on Her Mind
Sarah Holman lives in central Texas with her amazing family. When not working on her next novel, she can usually be found hanging out with her siblings, reading, or taking long walks. If there is anything adventuresome about her life, it’s because she serves a God with a destiny bigger than anything she could have imagined. You can find out more about her at her website www.thedestinyofone.com ...more

Kate's Case Files (5 books)
  • Kate's Innocence (Kate's Case Files #1)
  • Kate's Capitol (Kate's Case Files #2)
  • Kate’s Conundrum (Kate's Case Files #4)
  • Kate's Christmas (Kate's Case Files #5)