Start by marking “The Cupcake Dilemma (Rock Creek #3)” as Want to Read:
The Cupcake Dilemma (Rock Creek #3)

The Cupcake Dilemma

(Rock Creek #3)

My name is Kirstin Hill. I'm a simple girl trying to figure out life in a small town. There are a few things you should know about me before we begin. I grew up in the city. I'm a teacher--a first year teacher, (some of you understand that significance). And, finally, when it comes to cooking, I'm a disaster. Maybe none of those things seem story-worthy, but trust me, I ha ...more
Published February 14th 2018 by Rooted Publishing (first published February 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Cupcake Dilemma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cupcake Dilemma

Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Oh-so-cute! I loved this light and funny novella with a sweet romance that made me want to read it again as soon as I finished it. (So I did) ;) Kirstin's voice is a perfect blend of humorous and vulnerable that makes her easy to relate to and enjoyable to read. Ian was fun and unexpected, and I loved his reactions to Kirstin. They have a fun friendship with potential for more, but they are both playing it cool. Awesome romantic tension and even better when things get really interesting! This is ...more
Mikal Dawn
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story was so FUN!! I ADORED it!!!!! I can usually take or leave novellas. They sometimes feel too rushed or incomplete. but not this one. It was full of romance, sass, smiles, laughs, and sugar ans spice. with a dash of smoky flavor.

LOVED!!!
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
The Cupcake Dilemma is, in a word, ADORABLE!!!! And I don’t just mean the hunky hero, Ian. (Although he’s quite adorable too) Everything from the first person narrator with a touch of snark to the characters to the kitchen disasters to the romance. It’s all so cute and fun… and, at the risk of sounding like a poet or a burger order, so well done!

Kirstin is a brand new second-grade teacher and a brand new resident of small-town Rock Creek. She’s delightfully witty (with a dusting of snark) as nar
Kathy Jo
The Cupcake Dilemma is a super cute, fun, quick read! Perfect for a Sunday afternoon! But beware... you'll be in a baking mood before the book is over. Now I just have to see if I have all the ingredients I need to bake something... ;) Hehe.
Brittany
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novella was amazingly fun with some seriously swoon-worthy moments! Wow! I haven't read the other books in this series, yet I had no trouble picking this book up through Kindle Unlimited and enjoying it from start to finish.
Iola
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! It is a novella, but longer than some although it's still a quick read.

The only downside ... it didn't come with cupcakes. They sounded delicious.
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short and Sweet!

What a cute novella! Short, yes. But oh so fun. I smiled a lot and now? I need a cupcake!!
Courtney Clark
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Put the words “cupcake” and “Jennifer Rodewald” together, associated with a novella, and you have my undying attention and interest. Throw in a sweet romance, some chocolate, and a quaint (favorite) small town setting, and you have a recipe for a novella that earns a place on my favorites list!

The Cupcake Dilemma is an absolute treat from start to finish! Kirstin and Ian are positively likable and refreshingly awkward — especially when they are “together” on the page. I expected to like this sto
Marylin
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Story

This story was a joy to read. There were many times I found myself laughing out loud. I really felt sorry for Kristin and all her mishaps in the kitchen. I don't know if I've ever met anyone as bad as she is in the kitchen. I'd definitely be careful around her.
I enjoyed how Jennifer Rodewald developed the relationship between Ian and Kristin it was sweet and endearing. The banter between the two was so cute.
I also loved all the food and bakery descriptions. However, it did make me wa
Kara Isaac
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rom-com, novella
I could not adore this sweet and witty romantic comedy any more. This was my first ever book by Jennifer Rodewald but it won't be my last. Highly recommended!
Janet Ferguson
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, fiction
This is adorable! I loved it!
Andrea Boyd
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this sweet romance. A man with dark hair and eyes (my favorite) who will cook for you- what's not to love!
Sarah Monzon
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute Valentine’s Day Novella! It’ll have you grinning ear-to-ear the whole time you’re reading. A must read!
Rebecca
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Note to grandmothers everywhere: do not give kitchen-fail granddaughters your heirloom teacups."

Kristin Hill is a total kitchen failure, so when her elementary school principal assigns her the task of securing desserts for the upcoming Rock Creek Valentine's dance, she panics, right into the Sweet Tooth Bakery. Imagine her surprise when the handsome, gregarious, borderline comedic owner-baker challenges her to a few kitchen lessons, right there in his industrial kitchen. What could possibly go
Fiction Aficionado
This little gem of a novella is so. Much. Fun. To start with, it’s narrated by the main character, Kirstin Hill, in the first person, and she is a very engaging narrator. You might as well be chatting with your best friend. Okay, so it’s a one way conversation, but trust me, you’ll be so invested in the unfolding story that you won’t even notice she’s doing all the talking!

And then there’s Ian Connealy, who gives his cupcakes a run for their money in the ‘yum’ department. But he’s also down-to-e
Cayla
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute!
Kara
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance
This story is super adorable!! Like the sweetest cupcake with sprinkles of laughter on top. :) I wasn't expecting to giggle so much, but Ms. Rodewald's humor was just a lot of fun. The whole story simply feels like a jolly good time, with several swoony moments to make us romantics happy! I love a romance that begins with friendship, and watching these two come together with laughter, a little embarrassment, and loads of chemistry (that they try and deny for all of two seconds...or was it three? ...more
Beth Erin
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story is completely entertaining in every way! I laughed, I cried, I swooned! While this rom-com takes a look at small towns and relationships from an "outsider's" perspective, the awkwardness and kitchen disasters are oddly endearing. Readers will love the encouraging message of community, hope, and love.

I received a complimentary copy of this book and was under no obligation to post a review. The opinions expressed are my own.

First Line Friday feature on Faithfully Bookish
Linda Rainey
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute, Hilarious and Quirky.

I adored this cute, hilarious and Quirky romance.
The storyline had me in stiches and the characters engaging.
This book is recommended for those who love fun romance
Toni Shiloh
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable, laugh-out-loud read.
Longer review to come!
Jaycee Weaver
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A thoroughly perfect novella

The recipe for any great novella is as follows: two lovable main characters, one conflict they must come together to solve, a heaping spoonful of wit, a generous sprinkle of humor, and a handful of small town charmers. Stir in a dash of drama, and season with tension.

The Cupcake Dilemma may star an epic kitchen-fail queen, but this novella nails the recipe to perfection. I laughed, almost cried, and felt everything right along with our heroine. Perfect pace, characte
Chanel
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A charming, lighthearted novella about a kitchen-fail girl tasked with baking cupcakes for a town event. It was literally impossible to stop smiling! The antics, quirks, humor and sweet romance this book has to offer left me giddy and wanting to read the story again and again. Kirstin is the perfect heroine for this first-person tale - endearing, funny and relatable. And Ian is goofy, swoony and fun. Their chemistry and conversation as their unexpected friendship develops into something more was ...more
April
4+ Stars
A humorous and delightful read!
Mandy Boerma
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I loved this quick, quirky, funny first person narrative. I chuckled, sighed and ran the gauntlet of emotions along with Miss Hill. Great Valentine’s Day story.
Carolyn
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Cupcake Dilemma is about 180 degrees different from the other books I've read by Jennifer Rodewald. That's not to say either this or the others are bad (they're not), but they are worlds apart in tone, theme, and voice.

The Cupcake Dilemma is a delightfully short, light, fun read. The narrator's voice is perfect! The wit is contemporary, sharp, and smart. A sweet romance and pleasant distraction sure to brighten your mood.
Christina
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Rodewald has the fantastic ability to completely inhabit the subject of her novel, equally at home in a meaty role and in a light, sweet romance. This one had me smiling from the opening. The first person narrative provided lots of funny moments. Kristin was completely relatable, and the little twist involving a certain cupcake baker was a delight. The ideal Valentine's Day treat. ❤
Erica Eblin
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great novella

Jennifer Rodewald is a "new_to_me" author. I glanced at the cover while searching for another book I was getting through KU. I got what I was looking for and realized I had an open spot. I went back to the same search and found The Cupcake Dilemma. Boom! Stars! It was about cupcakes... I mean, come on, I'm human. Everybody loves cupcakes with their romances. Added benefit - 0 calories!!!

I am always amazed when I read a novella that makes me feel with the same feelings as a book/nove
Barbara
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
On a scale of cotton candy to Brussels sprouts, The Cupcake Dilemma by Jennifer Rodewald is a cookie dough cupcake. Hidden in the center of delicious cake is cookie dough. Sweet all the way through, but it can sometimes seem to take too long to get to the cookie dough.

Kirstin Hill, first-year teacher and kitchen disaster, is told to bring the cupcakes to a school event. With her track record of kitchen explosions, she knows this is not a good idea. When she tries to schedule a cupcake order with
Inspirationalfictionreader
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this funny, sweet, hilarious novella! It is narrated by Kirstin, our heroine, and told in first person. I loved her sense of humor, her hilarious kitchen mishaps that will have you laughing out loud, and her relationship with Ian. And speaking of Ian, what a great hero. Loved his goofiness, his patience with said kitchen mishaps, and his brother (would love his story some day! Jen? Maybe? Please?) And the ending - So. Good.
I am not a rereader per say, but this is one story I wanted to s
Ashley
Oh my goodness! This story! It was an absolute delight! So much fun and so hilarious! I can't tell you how many times I laughed out loud. What a riot! It definitely left a big smile on my face.

Kirstin's likable and super relatable. The first person narration made it feel like I was listening to a close friend telling me her story. Her kitchen-fails... wow... too funny! And Ian! What a guy he is! He's kind and patient, a bit of a goofball, but quite swoonworthy. Pretty much the perfect guy.

The Cu
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Esther Paradigm
  • Love Everlasting (Isle of Hope, #2)
  • Love in Three Quarter Time
  • Then There Was You
  • Timeless Love: Romantic Stories that Span the Ages
  • Like Never Before (Walker Family, #2)
  • The Promise of Rayne
  • Taking a Chance on the Heartbreaker (Taking Chances on Love, #1)
  • Once Upon a Laugh
  • Until I Knew Myself (Bentwood #1)
  • Boo Who
  • Identical Differences
  • Told You Twice (Told You, #2)
  • Until the Mountains Fall (Cities of Refuge, #3)
  • Taking a Chance
  • Fetching Sweetness (Love Unleashed, #2)
  • 'Til Grits Do Us Part (Southern Fried Sushi #3)
  • Hometown Girl
Jennifer Rodewald is passionate about the Word of God and the powerful vehicle of story. Four kids and her own personal superman make her home in southwestern Nebraska delightfully chaotic.

Born in Colorado, she experienced both the seclusion of rugged mountain living and the busy streets of a Denver suburb during her growing up years. Somewhere in the middle of college, she married a Husker and fo

Rock Creek (3 books)
  • Reclaimed (Rock Creek #1)
  • Ordinary Snowflakes (Rock Creek #2)