Start by marking “50 Ways to Worry Less Now: Reject Negative Thinking to Find Peace, Clarity, and Connection” as Want to Read:

"Langer’s frank and empathetic tone will comfort readers, as will the practical steps she teaches in this tome.” —Featured Book, Publishers Weekly (BookLife)

Do you want to stop dreading the future or reliving past disappointments?
Thirty years ago, Gigi Langer was a prisoner of her worries who used alcohol, romance, and professional accomplishments to soothe her frayed nerv
Published February 20th 2018 by Possum Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about 50 Ways to Worry Less Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 50 Ways to Worry Less Now

Start your review of 50 Ways to Worry Less Now: Reject Negative Thinking to Find Peace, Clarity, and Connection
Deneale Williams
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was an eye opener, just let me tell you that right now! And if you haven’t read it, don’t even start thinking, “This is just gonna be another self-help book.” Because it isn’t ‘Just another self-help book!’ This book will help you see things that you never even thought about!

I am so impressed that I had the privilege to read this book! I will admit, I started off thinking in the negative, but as I read, I was not just enlightened, I was awakened. So much of what I think, do and see, an
Mary Caliendo
Possum Hill Press, Canton MI 48188
2018
ISBN 978-0-9991220-0-6
ISBN 978-0-999-1220-1-3 (pub)
I had the opportunity to join in reviewing this book from the self-help category. This book is set up into seven chapters that contain four strategies and fifty tools to gain peace, clarity and connection with yourself and be free from your problems. MS Langer is sharing what she
Coleen Travers
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review, “Fifty Ways to Worry Less Now: Reject Negative Thinking to Find Peace, Clarity, and Connection” by Gigi Langer, PhD.

This book is a veritable treasure map of resources and strategies for the reader whose life or relationships have been diminished by worrying. The author, Gigi Langer, is both field guide and a fellow traveler who has skillfully navigated the difficult terrain, thus earning my admiration because she truly “walked the talk.” Langer shares generously from her personal experie
Sharon Kalbfleisch
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sharon Kalbfleisch MSW

Self-help books have been around for decades. The peak came in the 1960’s and 1970’s with each new volume full of advice on life-changing lessons, each delivering more or less the same fistful of homilies. Having overdosed on reading these books most with the underlying message that once you have read this book you’ll solve your problems and you’ll finally be happy, often ending with suggesting a couple of other books that address problems you didn’t know you had, I was fin
Julie
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this audiobook as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by Gigi Langer. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.

I've been on a bit of a self-help audiobooks kick lately. Mostly with podcasts and short interviews in summits, so this book was definitely up my alley. With how crazy life has been I certainly am focusing on a growth mindset.

I have to say I was definitely taken aback by the author's story. Sh
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Book:

This starts off with the raw self-disclosed confessions of Gigi detailing a time in her life most might be embarrassed to share with the world. I was really taken aback by her story at first it was raw and emotional and it fulled her onto the path she now takes. That being said 50 Ways to Worry Less couldn't have come a better time for me. The plights of depression have left me with anxiety and turned me into a worrier.

The audio was accompanied by a companion PDF which I found for me w
Ginger Wakem
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely the book to have on your shelf, by your bed, near your favorite chair or on your desk. There are so many helpful suggestions to curtail or stop worrying that on any one day you could choose from a host of them. Pick the one that works for you today and pick a different one or two that makes sense tomorrow depending on what you are going thru. Gigi's honesty and vulnerability in sharing the circumstances that brought her to sobriety and peacefulness qualifies her to offer the s ...more
Gina Spielman
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great for those seeking assistance for any of life's challenges. It's truly therapeutic! Reading it and following the strategies has the potential to be quite healing for anyone seeking assistance for difficulties such as anxiety/depression, relationship concerns, addictions, and more. This inspiring book is organized, well-written and professionally edited. The author has an engaging writing style, that's both witty and deep at the same time. I also really appreciate how it touches a bit on spi ...more
Liz Audette
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having attended some of Gigi Langers workshops, and I was looking forward to the release of this book. Her wisdom, life experiences and her accomplishments knows no bounds. I was pleasantly surprised by the great detail in this book with step by step ways to actually “Worry Less Now.” The best part about this book is there are many suggested ways to worry less but you don’t have to do them all at once. You can piecemeal what you can handle at the time and implement the rest later once you are re ...more
Tiffany Rose
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*50 Ways to Worry Less Now* by Gigi Langer is a wonderful book to be read again and again. It is ine that I will refer to often. This book doesn't just teach you to worry less it guides you to finding your authentic self and being true to it. This book is filled with gems from both the scientific and spiritual worlds. Being that I tend to be a worrier, I found this book very useful. I enjoyed the practices and ideas to help us worry less and be our best selves. I would recommend this book to any ...more
Robert J.
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
50 Ways to Worry Less might be retitled, 50 ways to be full of life, positivity and well being. Langer’s book reads like a compendium of the world’s wisdom on successful living. One can open practically any page and find concrete ideas to live positivity in the present. These are no set of abstractions found in self-help books; rather they are lessons Langer has learned from painful experience. She is candid and vulnerable in this book that is worth keeping close at hand. Many will find connecti ...more
BethJ
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Worry Less Now is a wonderful book for those who want to make positive changes in their lives. Especially refreshing was that this is not a one size fits all book. It offers a broad pallet of thoughtful ways one can find a path to a less stressful life. You can pick the things that work for you and refer back when needed for other strategies that might be useful later. Interspersed with relatable personal stories I found this book both useful and delightful to read.
Evewilson
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gigi uses her own experiences and tools from some of the top leaders in personal empowerment to create a concise and easy to follow system for overcoming limitation and realizing your potential.
~Eve Wilson Award-Winning Blogger/Author Riding the Wave of Change-Hope, Healing & Spiritual Growth for Our World
Jessica
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book gave me perspective on the "whispered lies" that my mind tells me. It's a gentle push toward living in the solution with a growth mindset instead of living in the problem with a fixed mindset. She effectively distills 12-step principles into anxiety-alleviating tools that can help anyone - addicted or not.
Sophia Belle
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An eye opener. This book really helps you see things in a different way. It helps you find your true self, and helps you in progressing towards a better version of yourself. What more can I say? You need to read this book to find out how the pages of the small book can change your life. Pick up the good things and you will learn to appreciate yourself.
Joe Baldizzone
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent mental health handbook. Well written, well organized, and with enough of the author's personal experience to know it's real, keep it entertaining, and make for a very enjoyable read. Highly recommend.
Kasey Claytor
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The deep inner work, the reflection, as well as great researching compiled the essential wisdom that is found in this book. It is like the author took all the best pieces of strategies, teachings, and self-help therapies out there and honed it all down with her story and others in a beautiful way that guides the reader to the light! Awesome job Ms. Langer.
Paul Noiles
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this transformative book. It was easy to read, made lots of sense and has many great tools and exercises to help one stop the insanity of worrying. I also enjoy the authenticity she brought to the book by using her own personal story of awakening from the pain of worry.
Jess the Audiobookworm
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sponsored
I requested a review copy of 50 Ways to Worry Less Now during a particularly stressful and anxiety ridden time in my life. By the end of the first chapter, I had already recommended it to three people. There aren't many times when I will actually stop a book to call someone and recommend they hear it, but this book was definitely worth it.

In fairness, I haven't heard many personal development/self-help audiobooks, but not for lack of trying. They always put me off for some reason or another. Wit
FallingLeave
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This book does what it promises in the title. The tools that are described are very helpful and I really loved how it was explained.

The only thing that put me off a little is when there was talk about God. I am not a believer myself. But this was only a minor occurrence and definitely not a reason to ignore this beautifully crafted book with so many effective methods to worry less now.
Amy
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found Gigi Langer’s 50 Ways to Worry Less Now: Reject Negative Thinking to Find Peace, Clarity, and Connection to be quite a useful tool for me. I have always to be one that has had anxiety and constantly worrying and I thought this book was helpful. I plan to use it again and again in the future. I have the audio version of the book that will be helpful to hear Robin Waters’s calming voice to help with that anxiety from time to time.
I am giving 50 Ways to Worry Less Now: Reject Negative Think
Janice
Feb 20, 2018
Logan Bennett
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Gigi has written a jewel of a book with sharp insight, an open honest heart, timeless wisdom, and inspiration galore. A healing masterpiece if one chooses to use the tools." -LiRa Bennett President of A Place of Well-Being Inc.
Megan
Sep 18, 2020
Truly Trendy PR
Worry Less Now is a lovely resourceful book that is full of information to help you worry less and enjoy life more. A book full of helpful lessons and suggestions that will help you to stop the worry. Overall a very informative read.
Agnes

• Change: Realizing Your Greatest Potential
  • Life Is in the Transitions: Mastering Change at Any Age
  • The Butterfly's Daughter
  • Cesar Millan's Guide to Audiobooks for Dogs
  • Of Mutts and Men (Chet and Bernie Mystery #10)
  • The Worry-Free Mind: Train Your Brain, Calm the Stress Spin Cycle, and Discover a Happier, More Productive You
  • The Plus: Self-Help for People Who Hate Self-Help
  • The Strangest Secret
  • Own It All: How to Stop Waiting for Change and Start Creating It. Because Your Life Belongs to You. (Entrepreneurs, GirlBoss, Women in Business, for Fans of You Are a Badass)
  • The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success
  • Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives
  • How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
  • The Way of the Quiet Warrior: 90 Days to the Life You Desire
  • The Fortunate Ones
Gigi holds a PhD in Psychological Studies in Education and an MA in Psychology, both from Stanford University. As a professor, she won several awards for her teaching, and (as Georgea M. Langer) wrote four books for educators as well as hundreds of articles on professional growth.

As a person in recovery, Gigi hasn’t had a drug or drink for over 30 years, although she does occasionally overindulge