Start by marking “Natural Born Learners: Our Incredible Capacity to Learn and How We Can Harness It” as Want to Read:

How will our kids succeed in the coming age of education? Combining anecdote, experience and intelligent research, education insider Alex Beard takes us on a global tour of the future of learning.

Learning is the soul of our species. From our first steps to our last words, we are what we learn. Our education predicts our earnings, our contentment, even how long we'll live.
Published April 5th 2018 by W&N

To ask other readers questions about Natural Born Learners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natural Born Learners

Start your review of Natural Born Learners: Our Incredible Capacity to Learn and How We Can Harness It
Dragos Pătraru
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: educatie
Una dintre cele mai bune cărți despre ideile care aprind încet, dar sigur, revoluția în educație. E clar că educația este soluția tuturor problemelor noastre, iar cartea asta oferă câteva direcții interesante, bine doscumentate și scrise de Beard. Mi-a plăcut cât de mult insistă pe necesitatea gândirii critice, e ceea ce spun și eu aproape la fiecare ediție a emisiunii Starea nației. Gândirea critică ne oferă libertate. De asemenea, de remarcat rolul pe care ar trebui să-l joace stimularea ...more
A Mig
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it
More a list of teaching experiences across the world than a thesis on how to learn. The conclusions are quite obvious but it was interesting to read about teaching in our age of AI and big data. I particularly enjoyed the parts about the French coding school 42 and the King Solomon Academy.
Sophie
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Este una dintre cele mai complexe cărți pentru înțelegerea evoluției educației. Alex Beard, membru al rețelei globale Teach for All prezintă metodele de învățare din întreaga lume (mai puțin Europa de Est, că na...) și oferă strategii de implementare a acestor metode în fiecare școală.

Pe mine m-a inspirat să dau tot ceea ce e mai bun, am avut momentele mele de ,,aha!", care m-au ajutat să îmi schimb percepțiile asupra sistemelor de predare. Apreciez valorizarea eșecului ca spațiu de învățare și
Andrew Carr
May 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
An engaging global tour of education practices. Beard, an english school teacher spends a lot of time in classrooms looking at how some select schools are doing very well by doing things very differently (no rules, no teachers, all technology, no technology, all teachers, all rules). And how some schools, including his own in England are doing very poorly.

Beard doesn't come to any startling new insights or model for what the next form of teaching ought to be. There is no 'silver bullet' for
Lilianad
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With comparisons between the experimental classes in Silicon Valley, public schools in US and South Korea, this book offers a current view of the educational programs our children can benefit or be victim of.
By far, the best book on education I have ever read.
Olivier Llouquet
An introduction to various experiments happening across the world seeking new paths for education for the XIX century
Nicola Whilton
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Serve to Win: The 14-Day Gluten-Free Plan for Physical and Mental Excellence
  • The Perils of Perception: Why We’re Wrong About Nearly Everything
  • What It Takes: Lessons in the Pursuit of Excellence
  • Μιλώντας στην κόρη μου για την οικονομία
  • Mastery: The Keys to Success and Long-Term Fulfillment
  • Docklands: A Ghost Story
  • Loonshots: How to Nurture the Crazy Ideas That Win Wars, Cure Diseases, and Transform Industries
  • The Universe Next Door: The Making of Tomorrow's Science
  • The Conscious Closet: The Revolutionary Guide to Looking Good While Doing Good
  • Inventing Ourselves: The Secret Life of the Teenage Brain
  • Stop Thinking, Start Living Discover Lifelong Happiness
  • Întrebări fără răspuns (sau cu prea multe răspunsuri)
  • Trochu oheň, trochu voda