Start by marking “Pas de Deux” as Want to Read:
Pas de Deux

Pas de Deux

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  50 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
It was our dance and no one else's.
Published 2018

To ask other readers questions about Pas de Deux, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pas de Deux

Paula
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
A very sweet story, but be warned that there is no HEA (view spoiler) and that just ruined it for me because I read fictional romances because I want the HEA fantasy, otherwise - what is the point???.

UPDATE: To anyone who is interested, I have been kindly informed by Author that this story is not a "Romance". The Author has categorized it under "Women's Fiction" because of the ending. However, I stand by my re
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Gutted....that’s how I’m feeling right now.

I loved the instant connection between Anya and Lawson, which I’m usually not a fan of the insta-love, but Ms. Bates weaved the story that made it work.

But, gah!!!! I’m feeling lost and trying to process everything that I read.

Reviewed by: Dana D.
Nathalie
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Life consists of beautiful perfect moments that when they come together can be absolutely magical. In her new novel, Pas de Deux, author Jordan Bates has been able to capture these moments to perfection and create that magic.

In the blink of an eye life can change. That’s how it is when NASCAR driver Lawson literally runs into ballerina Anya. Their worlds collide. For the better. They fall in love as fast as the cars Law drives. Separated by distance and a longing to be with each other, some dec
Nicole
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Normally, I am NOT a fan of insta anything. It’s too much too soon and too fast. For me, that wasn’t the case with Pas De Deux.

The story is told from Anya’s POV. We really don’t get the POV of the other characters.

Pas De Deux is an insta story about Anya and Lawson Kane. Ballerina and Race car driver.

Once the two meet it’s an instant attraction between the two of them. Lawson Kane is the man wet dreams are made of. He’s the man you make plans and have dreams with and for Anya any sacrifice with
Dyllan Erikson
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a flippin roller coaster of emotions. Anya is relateable and yet sheltered, Lawson is everything you could want and them together is every single heart eyes emoji in the world. HOWEVER, Bates has some tricks up her sleeves, not only did she weave a beautiful tale but it'll rock your damn world with the plot twists. She pulls a full "oh no she did not!" that will keep you guessing until the very last sentence. This was a gorgeously crafted tale and one I will keep close to my heart for a ...more
Natalie Johnson
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I really enjoyed this book. Lawson and Anya’s story was what every girl dreams of. It was filled with love, laughter and unexpected circumstances.

I would highly recommend this story, but make sure you have your tissues handy.
Natasha Carrere
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
I have no words right now. Like I seriously just finished and I have all these mixed feelings. I loved it because Jordan Bates has an amazing way of pulling you into the story and having you fall in love with the characters she created but then she can also tear your heart out and stomp on it. So seriously if you want to read a love story that will make you believe in love and the heartbreak that can also go along with it then I hope you give Lawson and Anya a chance.
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was addicted to this book, it was a fast paced pace turner.
Anya & Lawson's story didn't end the way I thought it was going to.

When Law crashes into Anya's life and with his Southern charm and cheeky ways, she is a goner. But she's not the only one.
Law knows what he wants in life, his sweet ballerina he suddenly can't live without and his NASCAR racing.
These two together, life couldn't get much sweeter.

Until it turns bittersweet
Jasmina
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
5 stars is not enough for this book. Every time i remember the story i feel all the feels when i read it.

I don't even know what to write about this book. It's really hard, because I don't want to say too much, and what is my head i know i can't say.

So I don't know how to write a long post, but I know that I will find something.

Author said that this is one of those book she had to write and i am glad that she did write it. The book is really emotional, tense, but still fun and full of love that i
Zetta Bam
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aurora (Whoo Gives A Hoot)
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
My goodness all I can say right now is that Jordan Bates has certainly done a number on my heart with this emotionally captivating and beautifully gripping tale about a ballerina from the big city who trades in her ballet slippers for cowboy boots and the small town life with a sexy race car driver who will do anything to make her...his forever!

Pas De Deux is the kind of story that will take readers on a emotional rollercoaster full of unexpected t
Nicole Reads
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are stories that will make you come undone with the angsty slowburn between the characters or with how many obstacles these characters have to get through to be together, and there are others where you will come undone but not because of the emotional roller coaster you'll experience, but because of how quickly you will fall for the characters and their unique story. Maybe it was an easy one, with not many obstacles along the way, without the burning question behind your mind of what's goi ...more
Meagan Hunt
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Weeks. It has taken me weeks to come up with a review to this book. Is that fair to authors? No, but I was so blown away by this book that I’ve been at such a loss for words. I think we can all agree that life happens, not always how we plan, but at least we’re still living and hopefully, to be the best we can be. That’s what Lawson and Anya show us, that life throws us unexpected curves. Sometimes we meet people and have such a strong connection to them that we will do anything for them, to see ...more
Harim (The Reader Blog)
Michelle Heron
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
5/5 Checkered Flags

Pas de Duex is an emotional story from beginning to end.

Anya is ballerina who has literally put her heart and soul into dancing, so much so that there hasn't been room for anything or anyone else... that is until the handsome Lawson Kane bumps into her, spilling her tea all over her. Instead of fussing too much over the spill, she's stunned and in awe of him.

Lawson Kane is a NASCAR driver, sporting the number 22. He's the top driver, with some of the best racing stats but as h
Katy Kitchin
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Poetically romantic, this stunningly sweet love story captured my heart from the get go and weeks later it’s still on my mind. That’s right weeks because it took this long for me to process what I was feeling and still I’m trapped in an inescapable book hangover. I love Jordan but honestly I’ve hated on her so much for the level of book funk she’s mercilessly dropped me into. Though I must say, it was so worth it!

Now, this is a complicated book review to write because I don’t want to give anythi
Tanya Turner
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Freaking loved this book

I have loved NASCAR since I was a kid so I just had to check out this book so glad I did!!! When Anya crashes in to Law she feels mixed feelings but is drawn to him as well. Law feels the same pull Anya does to the point it affects their careers. I loved that Anya let her old life go and started the adventure to be with Law. This book had me laughing, cheering, bouncing in my seat with joy, sad tears, happy tears, and out right balling my eyes out, and ended with sad/happ
Astrid Pizarro (Book Lover's Book Reviews)
I am not usually a fan of insta love within romance stories but in the story, it’s delivered to the reader in such a cute and natural way. I instantly loved the chemistry and connection between the two character, it kept me hooked through the story. Jordan Bates is able to reel in the reader with the romance and keep them hooked from beginning to end. Anya and Lawson may seem totally different and from opposite worlds but they seem to fit with each other so well. I’d recommend this book to anyon ...more
Brandie Breaux
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know how to properly describe the gamut of emotions I felt reading this book. This book is by far my favorite from Jordan. Her stories just get better and better. Anya and Lawson and their connection is just amazing. She was a ballerina that gave up everything to follow around the racecar driver that stole her heart suddenly and unexpectedly. The devotion between these characters just leaves your completely wanting more.

This story gripped my heart from the very beginning, and I hon
Ashley Sledge( UnderCoversBookBlog)
This story was an emotional rollercoaster ride.
I laughed, cried, screamed and wanted to throw my Kindle while reading this.
Anya and Lawson meet when Lawson literally runs into Anya. Their world's collided and they started a whirlwind romance.
Life can change in the blink of an eye, these 2 learn that quick.
These characters are going to stay with me for a very long time! I fell in love with each of them immediately!
I highly recommend that everybody one-click's this amazing story about life and
Yatarika Ally
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is about Anya and Lawson. She is a professional dancer and Lawson is a NASCAR race car driver. They meet up in weird circumstances and it turns into a whirlwind romance. You fine yourself cheering them on and hoping for that happily ever after.
While reading this book I kept waiting for the bad to happen, but it didn't happen till way later. I loved the book until the very end and I am very conflicted with how I feel. I'm not going to spoil it, so I recommend that you read it.
Amber Martin
Ughhhh everything about this book made me mad. First, Instalove. Not my thing. But a friend loved it so I stuck with it. I feel like it was very predictable. Law was a jerk in my opinion. He let Anya quit her dream to follow his career. You would think he would’ve wanted her to continue dancing even if in Alabama. Then she didn’t get to plan any of her wedding. A wedding is a girls dream! And then the ending??? No. Wasn’t even an HEA. No thanks. Very disappointed.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Anya has only ever wanted to be be a modern ballerina. She is mostly sheltered but when she bumps into race car driver Lawson Kane spilling tea down her leotard her whole world is rocked.

I would highly recommend this story, but make sure you have your tissues handy."
Ashley Munoz
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Achingly Sweet Read

I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this book. I mean, there isn't even a blurb!!! But, this book was so ridiculously sweet and has every feel imaginable. It helps that Jordan is the kind of writer than every woman should aspire to be. Her characters are witty, sweet, and brave and easy to connect to. I loved this book and can't wait to get my hands on more of her other works.
Annie Reynolds
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Buckle up, you won't forget this ride

I'm not sure I'm prepared enough to leave the right review. My soul has been cracked, letting in all the feels. I loooooved Lawson, their romance was the perfect balance of satin and steel, the delicacy and hard structure of what is ballet and car racing.
This is not your regular romance. Strap in for a wild (but swoon-worthy) ride.
Kristina Bowen
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was surprised how fast this book went in the beginning, but that's how I was hooked. I wasn't expecting things to move that fast for Anya, but she knew what she wanted and went for it. How inspiring. Law...just his name makes me blush. The fact that he felt things move fast too was all the better, guys don't normally move fast so it was nice to see Law want what she wanted.
Julie Moss
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What would you do for love?

This book. All the feels! I was hooked from the beginning with Lawson and Anya's first run in with each other. The way their love and story grows just hit me in the heart! A hot race car driver and a beautiful ballerina stole my heart today, and I'm still book hungover. Jordan got the best poll position with this one!
Tanya
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first read by the author and there isn't a blurb so I really had no idea what to expect. I liked the writing even if the pace felt a bit rushed but the characters were endearing enough that I was glad I read. I really can't say much more without spoiling but it was worth the read.
Lesley Williams
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lawson and Anya was sweet. Insta-loves are a hit and miss for me because some are just so cheesy it’s not funny!
Not this though! It was fantastic. It was sweet and fast. I’m still processing it all. But I would recommend it for sure.
Chrissy Busick
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This is an amazing love story. Everyone should experience a love like this once in their life. When you know you know, don't be afraid to just go for it. That once in a lifetime love is what Lawson and Anya share. They take the risk, and jump in feet first such an amazingly beautiful love story.