Start by marking “Dare to Breathe (Maxwell, #6)” as Want to Read:
Dare to Breathe (Maxwell, #6)

Dare to Breathe (Maxwell #6)

4.79  ·  Rating details ·  84 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Eternal love is worth waiting for.

Since Lacey Robinson trekked off to college four years ago, Kade Maxwell has worried non-stop that her blackouts and panic attacks would destroy her independence. But with her graduation on the horizon, he begins to relax, knowing she'll soon be back in his arms. He’s excited to do the one thing he's been longing to do—propose. But when he
Published February 6th 2018 by Raven Wing Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dare to Breathe, please sign up.

S.B. Alexander Yes, Kade and Lacey's book comes out tomorrow 2/6/18 on Amazon. Thank you for reaching out and loving Kade and Lacey.

Siobhan Davis
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Maxwell series is one of my all-time fave series, and while I've enjoyed all the boys' books, I have a special place in my heart for Kade Maxwell because he was the first Maxwell I fell in love with, and the man who most deserved a happy ever after.

Lacey and Kade have already been through their fair share of ups and downs, but fate hasn't finished with them yet. They are dealt a number of curveballs in this book, and there are moments when you wonder if they will make it through.

One of the t
Rukaya Rateb Jaber
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THIS IS THE ENDING OF KADE AND LACEY. THEY HAVE BOTH COME A LONG WAY SINCE MEETING EACH OTHER. THIS BOOK IS ROOTING DEEPLY INTO THEIR LOVE STORY. IT WILL MAKE YOU LAUGH, CRY, AND BE AT THE EDGE OF YOUR SEATS. SO BE PREPARED FOR WHAT S.B ALEXANDER IS THROWING YOUR WAY. YOU WILL SWOON LIKE ITS THE FIRST TIME YOU READ ABOUT THEM AND THEN YOU WILL BE SO UPSET YOU WILL WANT TO BREAK SOMETHING. I HAD SUCH A HARD TIME READING THE BOOK TOWARDS THE END BECAUSE I KNEW AFTER THIS ...more
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book, Dare to Breathe Pick’s up with Kade and Lacey as Lacey is finishing college and deciding on her baseball career.
Susan certainly keeps you glued and full of emotions.
I’ve read this in one sitting as I just couldn’t stop reading and seeing where the story was going to go with Kade and Lacey.
Another brilliant continuation of the Maxwells, and I just hope we have some more as these characters are just enjoyable and your left wanting more.
Well recommended series if you
Wilmaris Lugo-santana
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved kade and lacey from the first time i readed Dare to kiss . an to rwad the end of their stroy was great I love had strong their are with each our and how much love their have for one another. im sad that this is the end of The Maxwell's Series but that ok because i can always readed them again. Thank you S.B. Alexander for write this Wonderful series about the Maxwell's brothers. cant wait to read about Dillon.
Jennifer Richey
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Perfect ending to lacy and kade story and omg I did cry! Wow! I’ve been following Lacey and kade since dare to kiss! These two have so much chemistry! You will laugh,cry and def need some tissues! I love kade and Lacey’s story and how far they have come will they finally get married?
Danielle Pollard
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! I couldn’t put it down. It was the perfect ending to Lacey and Kades story, although I hate to see it end! I’m ready to start the series over again! Well done!
Jennifer Lowe
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dare to Breathe is S.B Alexander’s best book that she has ever written. I knew that after reading a Dare to a Kiss and a Dare to a dream that Kade and Lacey’s story was not over. Their continuing story starts when Kade says that he was going to visit “the Love of his existence” Lacey at college where she is set to graduate from college. I love that description of how much Kade loves Lacey. Kade and Lacey’s life together hasn’t been easy for either of them but because of their unbreakable bond, t ...more
Amy Korbel
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start? First of all, I wanted to read this book so badly, but then I didn't at the same time because I knew this was the end of the Maxwells, even more then end of Kade and Lacey. Kade and Lacey will always have my heart because they were the first couple I read of S.B. Alexander, and I feel in love with them and her work.

This book was done perfectly. It ended the series beautifully. I loved how there was memories from when they first met, or other parts of their relationship. You got
Steph Bardsley
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The way Susan writes this series and the love she puts into her words is truly amazing. The characters in this book series are so well written with such emotion that it has you not able to put the book down.

From the moment I started reading this series I waited for this book to come out and was not disappointed. I was lucky to be gifted this book as a arc reader as well as her last one and the way Susan writes just captivated me.

I had tears non stop thru this book with all the love and emotion
Katy Battisti
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A phenomenal read! Absolutely LOVE!!!! Dare to Breathe was the sixth book in the Maxwell Series. This was a fantastic ending to Kade and Lacey love story. The book was beautifully written and grips at your heart. I was sucked into the book right from the beginning. An emotional storyline with life changing decisions that the couple needs to make. Be sure that you have your tissues ready! Sad to see the Maxwell Series come to an end, but can’t wait for the secondary characters come to life!
Mary Polentini
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow is all i can say ! I loved this book just as much as i loved all of them, but i always had a soft spot for Kade and Lacey. Great storytellers have the ability to make you see the characters , feel what they feel, see what they see, and Susan you can do all of the above. This was a fitting ending too the Maxwell brothers stories.
Melissa  Wright
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fall in love with Kade and Lacey all over again. Kade is probably my favorite brother. His protection of his family and fierce loyalty to the ones he loves makes him so incredibly sexy. Lacey is his perfect match strong and fierce ready to take on a mans world.
This was the perfect end to the series bring all those sexy Maxwells together. I am excited to see what spins off will come next.
Kayleigh henderson
Wow
I just loved this book, it was a perfect way to end. It had me crying and laughing and I just couldn't put it down. I fell in love with Kade and Lacey in dare to kiss and this book made me fall in love with them more. S.B Alexander you are an amazing writer.
Heather Carver
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! I have loved everything about Kade and Lacey since I picked up Dare to Kiss.

I love that we finally get to see Kade and Lacey together. The last couple books they have been separated and we don’t see a lot of them. I love that we get another book with them! Because I’ve been rooting for them to get married and to see if Lacey actually makes it to the big league.

This story has some ups and downs and it will have you cheering on Kade and Lacey. It may even have you crying in
Vicky Packer
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book nearly cried through the book.Magical and wonderful end to the Maxwell series.Susan you are a truly a exceptional author.
Cherie
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this story! I was emotional and really showed the love between them
Secretly Adorkable Readers
I love the crap out of this series! This is Kade & Lacey's final story with the follow up of all the other characters in The Maxwell Series. I didn't know what to expect of this book except maybe a wedding but this book brought out some unexpected plays which of course made it even more awesome! I fell in love with the Maxwell brothers again! Dare to Breathe left me breathless and on the edge of my seat to where I read it within a couple of hours. I could not put it down!
Astrid Rudloff
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily review an ARC.
I loved this book. All members of the Maxwell family feel like family to me and I always want to know more and more about their lifes. Can't wait to read the next part!
It's sad to see Kade and Lacy's story to end, but it was a fantastic ending. Once more there were unexpected struggles and lots of support from family and friends.
Highly recommended.
Terri Lynn
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marvelous!!!! *Clapping* *Cheering* Such an incredible way to wrap up Lacey and Kade's story.
I loved the ending. I am very satisfied with the ending. And I enjoyed the in between.
If you have not read The Maxwell Series, By: S.B. Alexander I highly suggest reading it.
If you enjoyed The Kennedy boys by: Siobhan Davis or Fallen Crest high series by : Tijan , Then you most definitely enjoy this series!
Lacey and Kade is my favorite. And I really enjoyed this book.
The story plot is splendid. Danger
Rosemary McLain
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need to warn readers to take a clue from the title of the book and remember to dare to breathe because as I read every page, it took my breath away. There were so many plot twists that had me on the edge of my seat and I went through so many Kleenex I am convinced that the devious S.B. Alexander has stock in that company and if so is independently wealthy just from me. I have read all the books and like many reviewers I have had a place in my heart for Kade and Lacy and I am glad that we were ...more
Rebecca Leslie
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
What can i say? This was the perfect way to end Kade and Lacey's story. As always Susan did not disappoint, with her unique way of writing and her ability to describe every detail it is hard not to be pulled into the world she has created. The book centres around Lacey's love of baseball and Kade's love of Lacey. I cried, laughed and cheered. I could feel my heart breaking and then healing. I have loved every minute of Kade and Lacey's journey and
Anima
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hot-romance
Kade and Lacey started the series, it was nice to end with them. She's finally out of college, looking forward to a MLB career and she's got Kade. Lots of issues are stressing them out, so many it seemed like too much for anybody. But none of it effects their relationship, at least they won't let it. If you don't want to be lost go back and read the first two books. I've read this entire series and have fallen for every Maxwell brother, sad to see it end. I received an early copy from the author ...more
Kathleen Williams
Loved it so much

Well S. B. Alexander did it again which I'm really not surprised because she's an amazing Author. The way she portrays Kade and Lacey story was absolutely amazing an how she makes me feel how they are feeling through out the book. The panic, loneliness, excitement, disappoint, frustration and most of the love they felt for each other or a situation that was happening. I do wish this was a bit longer and not the last of Kade and Lacey life together. Definitely a must read!
Alexis Quintana
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just when you think you can't love Kade and Lacey more S.B. Alexander finds a way to make you fall even more in love with them. What I really loved about this book was the emotional journey it takes you on and really makes you realize what a love that strong is truly like. You feel like you're experiencing everything the characters are as they face the uncertainty of the future, with the question being if true love can truly conquer it all? From the very first page you're hooked and can't put it ...more
Nicki Holt
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The perfect end to a beautiful series. Reader’s have watched Lacey and Kade’s journey from high school and the start of college, but now Lacey is graduating. Although her PTSD has been managed, her panic attacks start when her past comes back to haunt her. At the same time Kade has his own crisis to deal with. But through it all the two lean on each other and make it to their HEA. I absolutely loved these characters and the story was a great ending, but I am also sad to see this series end.
Kris Harper
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the final (maybe? maybe not? more please!) chapter in the Kade and Lacey/Maxwell brothers story. The story picks up the day before Lacey's graduation. Kade is ready to propose to Lacey, tired of being away from his woman. This was an absolutely perfect ending to the world of all things Maxwell and I couldn't be happier. I won't list any spoilers, but the ups and downs and twists and turns are heartrending with an ending that is so worth the ride.

Thank you for the lovely ending to this s
Anita Chaney
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG absolutely amazing, I was lucky enough to be part of the ARC team again, I have read all of the Maxwell Series and each book just keeps getting better, I was gripped from the beginning, I have cried, laughed,fell in love with all of them and enjoyed the rollercoaster ride, I'm sad that Kade and Lacey story as come to an end. I cannot wait for the next book.
Susan will always be one of my favourite authors there is not one of her books that I haven't enjoyed, they just keep getting better. Th
Ashley Gosvener Swafford
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow where to start??? This whole series is absolutely amazing and my go to books! Kade and Lacey have been my favorites since the very first time reading the series! They both have had a hard past, but together they overcome all the loss, struggles, and have come out stronger and more in love! Kade is so loving devoted stong and protective. Together they make an amazing couple! I am so sad that the book is over ,but could not have asked for a better ending!! Once again Amazing job Susan!!!! You ...more
Michelle Sprester
Amazing, Susan never disappoints. Kade has always been my favorite Maxwell from the beginning and following how his and Lacey story has played out has been a great honor. The story pulls you in from the very beginning and keeps you going till the end. Absolutely beautiful reading how they finally get their happily ever after but not without going through the bumpy roads which only make their love that much stronger. Kade is the man every woman dreams of having.
Dania
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great love story made me cry when Kade had a surgery and had me thinking the worst. But with the power of family’s love a prayers everything turns out ok. Kade and Lacey’s Love for each other is not like everyone else’s they know when something is wrong with each other and know that their love comes first. Lacey doesn’t get what she has always dreams but she knows that when you work hard it pays off.
« previous 1 3 next »
S.B. Alexander’s books are filled with stories that tug at your heart, and are filled with romance, drama, action and suspense. As much as she loves to write, she also loves to read. Some of her favorite authors are Stephen King and Edgar Allen Poe, although in the past three years she's gravitated toward the paranormal and new adult genre, which is when she started her journey to write her first ...more
More about S.B. Alexander...

Maxwell (6 books)
  • Dare to Kiss (Maxwell, #1)
  • Dare to Dream (Maxwell, #2)
  • Dare to Love (Maxwell, #3)
  • Dare to Dance (Maxwell, #4)
  • Dare to Live (Maxwell, #5)
“move. Her hands were all over me, yet nowhere. I lowered my head until our mouths were fused, not breaking our stride. The bed groaned, the headboard banged against the wall, she purred, and I grunted as the room and world around us disappeared. She arched into me, saying my name over and over until she shuddered. One last” 0 likes