Start by marking “Jilted” as Want to Read:

Jilted

Carter’s fiancé is in love with someone else. Link has just been left at the altar. After bonding over mutual heartbreak at the would-be reception’s open bar, Link and Carter pass out in the honeymoon suite—and are mistaken for the happy newlywed couple the next morning. Reluctant to deal with the fallout from their breakups, they embark on an exciting week of fake honeymo ...more
Published November 8th 2018 by Interlude Press

To ask other readers questions about Jilted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jilted

⚔ Silvia ⚓
You've heard of fake dating now get ready for gay fake honeymoon
BWT (Belen)
I'm going to be honest - this did not work for me. I struggled, mightily, with this from chapter 13 on.

I think my notes say it best:
1. Why did the author bother with giving Link a POV in the prologue when they are silenced thereafter?
2. Link is completely one dimensional...I want to know more about them!! Should have had more POV!
3. Link is enby, but my brain isn't dealing well with they/them/their not actually being plural, which makes me mad at myself. Stupid brain.
4. Carter is boring. Paige
iam
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Content warnings include: biphobia, sex on-page, alcohol and weed use and getting black-out drunk (beginning of book links to site of the publisher where some of these content warnings are listed.)

Jilted is a cute story that opens with a fake-dating-ish scheme: On Link's wedding day, their partner elopes with Carter's fiance and boyfriend of seven years, leaving Carter and Link behind stunned and with broken hearts. After getting drunk, the two of them wake up in bed together and get
Abi (The Knights Who Say Book)
*I received an advance reader copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Catch me leaving my fiancé at the altar someday to marry this book instead because I love it. It has second love and fake-married and an absolute nerd of a main character, and Link is the love of my life and the casual nonbinary rep was so good to have. I will never not be emotional about Carter learning that he is a worthwhile person who deserves someone who treats him right and I will DEFINITELY never get over Lin
Elley Murray
Sep 27, 2018 marked it as dnf
I love the premise of this book, and was SO EXCITED to get an ARC. But then, the third person present tense was just TOO PAINFUL to read, I couldn't finish this book. I cringed through the first three chapters and just couldn't read any more. I'm not sure if the writing was just BAD, or if it was just the third person present tense that made it seem that way, but it was awful and just unreadable. DNF. :(
Emily Seelye
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, m-nb
noah
Oct 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
first just judging by what people are shelving this as i feel it necessary to say this is not m/m. the fact that the synopsis doesnt mention that link is non-binary is an unfortunate oversight by the publisher that i feel should be addressed.

i was pretty disappointed with the execution of the whole fake honeymoon thing. i was expecting it to be charming, full of flirting and opportunities to get closer emotionally and physically. instead it felt like i was being told about all the touristy thin
Joyfully Jay
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

3 stars

This book was difficult for me from the first word as it is written in third person present, which is excruciating for me to read. It took me halfway through the book to become even a little settled with the style and then the story itself didn’t prove to be worth the effort. The book opens in Link’s POV, but then quickly switches to Carter’s where we stay for the rest of the book and Link was the more interesting character.

Link is waiting at the altar when Carter’s
Leah
DNF @ 40%

I decided not to finish this because I really didn't like the way the book is written, especially the way it was written more like a grocery list of activities the characters performed instead of showing details to get to know them, so it was affecting any overall enjoyment I may have obtained.

Also, I just really wasn't invested in either of the main characters, especially Link, the one I was most looking forward to, because in the 40% I read, there were only 2 out of 17 chapters from
Kristina
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Carter and Link’s story grabbed me by the hand and I was off to the adventure of feeling like I was back in the French Quarter, a place I adore.

Carter was someone who I would love to just grab by the shoulders as tell him how sweet and how he deserves every piece of happiness that comes his way.

I love how there is so much Genderqueer rep there is MM lately, it has opened my eyes in a lot of ways and I am grateful for that.

Link is a beautiful soul and is so confused once he is left at the altar,
Kirstin
Carter's fiance Matthew decides to take a last minute trip to New Orleans, no explanation. When they arrive and he breaks up a wedding, Carter realizes he's just been dumped. He runs into Link, who was the one actually getting married who was also jilted at the altar. When they decide to go on the honeymoon together, things get interesting.

The writing was fun and there were some really funny parts, but I just couldn't get into it. I found Carter to be super annoying and he was back and forth abo
Jude Sierra
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
review tbd
Heather Martin
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
**Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.**

Jilted is a standalone book written my Lilah Suzanne. This book was nothing that I expected. Obviously, by the title, we know a character is Jilted. In reality, it ends up being two characters and though this starts as Link’s story, that point of view ends after the prologue and we are living Carter’s story.

This is not a romance story. Don’t go into it thinking that bec
Suzey Ingold
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is everything I could want in a romance novel, and everything I'd never realised I wanted until I started reading. I've long been a fan of the author's style and "Jilted" is no exception. From the equal parts hilarious and painful situation that led to the meet-cute to the beautifully evocative backdrop of New Orleans, Carter and Link's story is one I'd come back to again and again.
Sarah/DragonflyReads
3.5 stars - RTC
ida
E-ARC kindly provided by the publisher.

----------------------------------------------

Guys, do you have any tropes that you like extra much? For me, I could list at least 10 of my absolute favorite ones. One of my most liked one is the trope that is fake dating and while that is awesome, I wasn't prepared for this book because this is fake honeymoon. Which is even better, for obvious reasons.

In this book, you're following Carter, who's traveled to New Orleans to attend a wedding with his soon-to-
Jeff
Nov 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
I think the best way to describe this book is: Vague. I expected a heart-warming, gay romantic comedy, of sorts but instead the book reads kind of like a meandering journey through fog-- only getting a slight glimpse of what the author intended to say.

From the very beginning, we meet Carter and Link but don't get a defined picture of who they are-- and by 'they' I mean both Carter and Link, not just Link, in the non-binary sense. This brings me to the second problem I had reading. The non-binary
Tanja
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have to be honest that I struggled to finish this book. I loved the premise. It is not often books come out with nonbinary characters, and I was excited to read it. The first few chapters were very entertaining. The time Link and Charter went on their fake honeymoon was fun and a pleasure to read. I had trouble with the they/their pronouns, though. Obviously, they were used to address Link and rightfully so, but for some reason, it took me out of the story many times. Then, when Link and Carte ...more
Kaeley Scruggs
I think part of what made this book work so much is that it focused on Carter and Link's individual journeys as much as it did on the romance. Sometimes even more so, which I think is something romance struggles with a little. So I really enjoyed that. Someone else said that Paige was a troll and I completely agree with that. I felt like it wasn't so much as "Carter needing to get along with her" as her needing to grow up. There's a difference between honest and mean. Often they go together, but ...more
Elle
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Although I found the author's style of writing a little difficult to follow at times, I did enjoy the premise of this story. It was certainly different to any thing I'd read before. I really enjoyed both of the MCs, they were very different to one another but ultimately seemed well matched. However, told from only Carter's point of view, I did find it difficult to really get a grasp on Link's character, and I'd have loved to get to know him better.

What I did come across, I liked, but would've r
Dorie
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
by Lilah Suzanne
due Nov 2018
Interlude Books

This started slowly. Predictably. But it got better. Much better.
Link and Jamie are at the altar. Jamie's ex, Matt, comes to the wedding to win back Jamie before she is lost forever.
She leaves Link at the altar.
Carter and Matt have had a long relationship, and Carter is upset and is lost. He ends up drunk. Link is lost and drunk. Carter and Link end up in honeymoon suite talking and pass out.
They are mistaken for the newlyweds, and decide to
Joey
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had really high expectations for this book, and part of that is on me. I needed a light and funny read and both MC's just seemed kinda down to me. Things I LOVED - Representation!!!! Representation galore in this one! I loved the correct pronouns. I loved the backdrop of New Orleans. Such an amazing city and the author did a great job of painting that picturesque city very well. All in all, this was a good read and I am looking forward to more from this author.
Naomi Tajedler
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Lilah Suzanne's prose ever since her first story came out.
But Jilted is, for me, an exceptional proof of her talent.
Her description of heartache and new love never ceases to amaze me and I fell in love with the characters, fot their qualities and for their adorable flaws.
Many times, while reading, I found myself thinking "Hm yes this hits all the right buttons" and I think a lot of people will agree!
Let yourself be swooped in this New Orleans romcom !!!
Natalie
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it
This was an ok read for me. Not sure why we didn't get more of Link's POV. i would've loved to see things from their point of view. I feel like that was a missed opportunity. I did like how much Link would swoon when Carter was being his awkward self, but they found it charming as opposed to boring as others did.

I really feel I would've loved it more, had we gotten into Link's head as well!
Sadie
Oct 11, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This might be a case of “it’s not you, it’s me.”

I expected (and really wanted) to like JILTED a lot. And I did like it! But...IDK, not as much as I anticipated, I guess. Something with the pace/rhythm was super off.

Lots of good queer rep, though: non-binary, bisexual, pansexual, and side characters who are (respectively) a trans guy, gay, and WLW.
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~

- Review to come

Review originally posted on my blog with added content Mikku-chan / A world full of words
Qhuay
Nov 11, 2018 added it
Je n'ai pas réussi à le finir. Gros soucis avec le style de l'auteur. J'ai essayé pourtant car je l'ai attendu longtemps. Mais bon...
Emily
Nov 13, 2018
Angel Hatfield
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it
It had seemed important to get the marriage done quickly . Now Link wondered where Jamie was. As Link waited at the altar she thought how they had only been together eight months. Jamie had been such a chameleon : changing jobs, hair, clothing, styles, interests, even friends. Link had found it interesting and exciting. Then Matthew declares his love for Jamie as she appeared in the doorway and Jamie left with Matthew. with Link still at the altar. Carter had been engaged to Matthew/Matt who had ...more
Lilah Suzanne has been writing actively since the sixth grade, when a literary magazine published her essay about an uncle who lost his life to AIDS. A freelance writer, she has also authored a children’s book and has a devoted following in the fan fiction community.