Start by marking “Impostors (Impostors, #1)” as Want to Read:
Impostors (Impostors, #1)

Impostors

(Impostors #1)

Frey and Rafi are inseparable . . . but very few people have ever seen them together. This is because Frey is Rafi’s double, raised in the shadows of their rich father’s fortress. While Rafi has been taught to charm, Frey has been taught to kill. Frey only exists to protect her sister. There is no other part of her life. Frey has never been out in the world on her own – un ...more
Published September 11th 2018 by Scholastic Press

Start your review of Impostors (Impostors, #1)
Lena
Feb 02, 2018 marked it as to-read

CAN 2018 GET ANY BETTER?!?! THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL. SCOTT WESTERFELD IS GOING TO WRITE FOUR NEW BOOKS IN THE WORLD OF THE UGLIES SERIES.
COUNT ME THE FUCK IN!!! THIS IS HONESTLY THE BEST NEWS EVER!!! UGLIES WAS ONE OF THE FIRST YA SERIES I READ WHEN I WAS LIKE FOURTEEN YEARS OLD SO STILL A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT AND AAAAAHHHH I LOVED THESE BOOKS TO THE CORE. WOW. JUST WOW. SO EXCITED *-*
jessica
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
the ‘uglies’ series was one of my all time favourites as a teen. so what a treat its been get the chance to re-enter that world 10 years later in a brand new story.

scanning the reviews for this, there has been one word that keeps popping up and that is ‘nonstop.’ i cant think of a better word to describe this book. this hits the ground running from the very first chapter and honestly doesnt slow down. its action packed, full of daring rebellion and planning. the fact that there was always somet
Wren (fablesandwren)
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 02-stars, not-shelved
WrensReads Review:

HERE IT IS I AM SO HAPPY I CAN'T AHHHH MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASE EVER!

Also, I will say when I saw the trailer I thought it was becoming a movie franchise or something... BUT THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER. SO MANY STORIES TO BE TOLD IN THIS WORLD I AM SO BEYOND EXCITED!

WrensReads | Goodreads | Twitter | Instagram
Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader)
UPDATE: THE BLURB IS OUT AND MY GAWDDDDDD WHY IS SEPTEMBER SO FAR AWAY?!?!

OMFG! I remember LOVING the Uglies series. It was such a unique and creepy concept. I'm excited, I'm excited, I'm excited.
description
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
So steadfast!

Q:
Like Beauty and the Beast had daughters, and raised them in the wild. (c)
Q:
Sniper bait in the snow. (c)
Monica
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Once again, Scott Westerfeld does not disappoint! This is another fantastic YA science fiction - set in the Uglies universe - there are mentions of previous characters but you definitely can be a new reader to this world.

I enjoyed the many twists of this book. By the conclusion I was second guessing to figure out if I had the characters right myself! I definitely recommend this book! :)
Miranda Reads
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, ya-series
description

Freedom's easy to lose and hard to get back.
Rafi and Frey are twins - but Rafi is the only "real" one.

Despite being genetically identical, Rafi was born first and their father decided he only wanted one daughter.

So Rafi became that, and Frey was trained as a body-double. It's all those two girls have ever known and...for the most part...they are okay with it.
I wonder if she ever wants to trade lives with me, if only for the chance to punch something.
But then Rafi realizes that she will h
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)

4.5*

Confession time! I didn't love the  Uglies series . I just didn't. I liked the first book, but by the end? I legit one-starred the 4th book, honestly just out of severe boredom. So to say I was skeptical of Impostors is putting it mildly. It was mostly curiousity that led me to pick up the copy that showed up on my doorstep. And the verdict? Holy crap, I am so glad that I am a
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads

This book was a fast-paced, page turner of a read from the start all the way through to the finish.

Personally, I feel that this book may have received a higher rating from me if I would have reread the whole "Uglies" series prior to reading this new installment. I think it may have changed my overall reading experience to refresh myself of the original story, as well as remind myself of what exactly is different within the Ugly universe.

With that being said though, it isn't necessary
Fabi
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap! This man is devious. Set in the world of the Uglies, a super hit series for Scott Westerfield, Impostors starts with wild action and suspense that is non-stop all the way through to the end.

There isn't much world building in this Dystopian spin off. Instead, it relies on the developing plot to drop hints about the setting. The time is a decade or more in the future, in a very different sort of world brought about by the fall of the Pretties' empire. I think anyone could easily read th
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Family, power, control, betrayal, revenge.

Book Review: Impostors by Scott Westerfeld

When I heard about this book I was so excited - I loved the Uglies books growing up. I loved the twisted world, the acerbic take-down of societal conceptions of beauty. And now I'm back in the same world watching a similar take-down of the people in power. and it's excellent.

I loved the changes in the characters, how the Frey from the first page isn't the Frey from the last page, how the truth about Rafi
Phoenix2
Nov 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers YA
Shelves: fantasy
As an old Uglies fan, Impostors was a nice and welcomed surprised. I missed the quick pace, the action packed plot and the twists, along with a smooth character development. And this book did not disappoint in these aspects. However, I do have to admit that I don't remember a lot from the Uglies plot other than some names and the basics. And, fortunately, there weren't many refrences, but I fear that there might be a big twist coming up where the four previous book might come in handy. So, if yo ...more
Katherine
I preordered this book in APRIL. That's how excited I was. Unfortunately, when I got it, I was really worried about not liking it, since I loved the original Uglies series so much, but THIS DIDN'T DISAPPOINT, THANK YOU SCOTT WESTERFELD. I'm gonna get kinda fangirl-y in this review, and I haven't reviewed a book thoroughly in a while.

First off, I loved the characters. It took a little longer to get used to them, especially since they weren't Tally and co, but I still eventually fell in love with
Amanda
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Impostors by Scott Westerfeld Book Review.jpg

You can also find my review here:https://devouringbooks2017.wordpress....

Impostors is the first book in a new spin off series set in the same world as the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. This book follows Frey, the secret twin sister and body double to Rafia, who is the heir to the first family in charge of the city Shreve. Frey’s father send a her instead of Rafia as a hostage to a rival city as the two cities negotiate a trade deal. Frey continues to impersonate Rafia, but as she gets close
Alaina
Okay so after listening to this book, I just realized that this is a spin off series from the uglies. Which is a series I just started.. so this is awkward.

Impostors was still an enjoyable book. In it, you will meet Frey and you get to know about her secret life. She's a twin but the one that stays in the shadows mostly. She knows how to kill while Rafia, is the heir to the family. Seems like a pretty crappy deal if you ask me. For some really stupid reason, their dad sends Frey to a rival city
Justine
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook, 2018-read

I admit to being a tiny bit sceptical before reading this, as I didn't love The Darkest Legacy, another book returning to a series and set 10 years later, but Impostors managed to do this successfully.

Part of that success lies in the fact that instead of returning to characters introduced in the previous books, it begins the start of a whole new story with all new characters. Oh sure there are a few plot holes, and the characters are pretty standard, but it is also a fast paced and enga
Kristen
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5/5

For all you people in the back, can I get an INSTA-LOVE?

Okay enough shenanigans the book was super good and I loved being back in the uglies world. I didn’t know how much I missed the phrase ‘crash bracelets’ until I read this. It was super instalovey but hey UGLIES. Also them Tally references ooooooft. Not to toot my own horn but I finished this in 3 hours, I am a living legend. It was almost too fast paced in some aspects but hey she’ll be right.

“Crash bracelets”.
Amanda (MetalPhantasmReads)
**NOTE: Don't start with this book if you haven't read this series yet. I recommend reading the original trilogy, since there are some references to the original books and it does take place after SPECIALS.**
Review is up on my blog now linked here!

But this was super disappointing for a new series installment! The action was too "stop and go" for me while never feeling intense or that there were any high stakes or the risk of death. Frey is a boring person,
Marie
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
It feels good to get back into the Uglies world. I love the Uglies series so, so much. Impostors was non-stop action, fast-paced, the kind of book you devour very quickly. I really liked the concept and the characters, but I wish it kind of stopped for a little while to explore the rules of this world, how it changed after the Uglies series, and so on. I feel like it didn't stop long enough to properly build the world and that's unfortunately, where it fell short for me.
Still, a very entertainin
Rissa
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Impostors 3.5⭐️

Rafi and Frey are twins but Frey is to be silent and hidden a double to protect her sister. When given the opportunity to spy on a neighboring region by being kidnapped she sees how different they live from how her father rules.

Col is in a world similar to ours whichdrives frey nuts. Thereare no spy dust and fancy monitoring, everything they rely on so heavily and Cols region doesnt use any of it.
Frey is being Rafi and she forms a friendship with Col and a friendship when all yo
Grace K
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I've been a huge Uglies fan since I was a kid, so when this book was announced I was equal parts excited and nervous. I was worried that one of my favorite series would be ruined by an unnecessary addition--but this book turned out fantastic.

Impostors could stand alone apart from the Uglies series, but fans will be delighted to see a bunch of Easter eggs that hearken back to the original series. There was just enough to keep an old fan like myself squealing with the references, but the world was
Rayna
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Westerfeld novel I’ve ever read and it is 100% a 5/5 read for me.
Josiah
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
More than a decade after the release of Extras, book four of the Uglies series, Scott Westerfeld delivers another novel set in Tally Youngblood's world, focusing on society after the Prettytime regime ended. Frey and Rafia (Rafi) are identical twin daughters of the totalitarian leader of the city of Shreve. Rafi's activities dominate the public feeds, providing entertainment for people curious about the city's most prominent daughter, but Frey's existence is kept secret from all but a few truste ...more
may ☆彡
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
im going to be honest- i didn’t think it would be this good.

i mean i didn’t think it would be really bad (it is scott westerfeld after all) but i wasn’t expecting this!

and i’m starting to hate (not really of course) these amazing ya authors because THEY JUST CANT HELP THEMSELVES CAN THEY

DO THEY HAVE TO END THESE BOOKS THIS WAY

really though, is it a mortal sin to end books without the reader wanting to throw the book across the room in frustration?!
grace ⚯͛ (gracelwrites)
HOLY SHIT.
i remember reading the books and being very caught up in them.
AND GUYS.
G U Y S.
I'M VERY EXCITED. i think i'll have to reread the entire series to catch up with everything—not that i'm complaining though!
maybe this will be the year i go back to my dystopian novel roots, since it seems that the science fiction/dystopian genre is making a comeback with sequels to the shatter me trilogy, the darkest minds, and all that.
kenzie
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm such a sucker for these stories you knew it was going to be five stars
Kend
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
For those of us now entering our 30s, Westerfeld's "Uglies" series marks the beginning of a surge of dystopic young adult romances--it predates The Hunger Games by three years, for example, and it beat Divergent to the publishing scene by six years. "Uglies" helped lay the bedrock for an entire generation of books for teens. Like all good series, each new installment helped build interest in the genre as a whole.

And like all good authors, Westerfeld has learned a few things along the way
Bec (becklebooks)
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.
Love me a twisty scifi from an old fave!
Cheryl
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book I have read from this author. When I first saw this book I wanted to read it. Thus I was very excited when I got the chance to pick up a copy of this book. Frey and Rafi could not be more different. However, they are bonded by the fact that they are twins. Frey really is the star of this book. She does not belong in the royal world; thus the reason that she was discovered fairly quickly. She is better as an assassin. Rafi may be the face but she also had a soft and likabl ...more
Ricky
I was pretty surprised when Westerfeld announced that there would be not only this extension to the Uglies series, but that it would be the first of a new four-part sequel/spinoff series. It's for sure the best book Westerfeld wrote in this universe since the original - especially since Specials and especially Extras played out increasingly nonsensically and weirdly, though I'm sure I'd appreciate them better on a second read.

As for this first of the new series, it's not half-bad, but sure as he
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. YA Fiction/Twins/One acts as the other's bodyguard and bodydouble. [s] 4 21 Mar 25, 2020 07:59PM
Impostors 2 7 Mar 01, 2020 03:21PM

• Mascot
  • Deep Water
  • Rated
  • Dry
  • Lifeboat 12
  • Squint
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • Brave New Girl (Brave New Girl, #1)
  • Archenemies (Renegades, #2)
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • Not If I Save You First
  • Stepsister
  • Little White Lies (Debutantes, #1)
  • Strange New World (Brave New Girl, #2)
  • Wildcard (Warcross, #2)
  • The Last Voyage of Poe Blythe
  • The Benefits of Being an Octopus
Scott Westerfeld is a New York Times bestselling author of YA. He was born in the Texas and now lives in Sydney and New York City. In 2001, Westerfeld married fellow author Justine Larbalestier.

He is best known for the Uglies and Leviathan series. His next book, IMPOSTORS, returns to the world of Uglies. It comes out September 11, 2018.

Impostors (4 books)
  • Shatter City (Impostors, #2)
  • Untitled (Impostors, #3)
  • Untitled (Impostors, #4)