Start by marking “Exile (The Extinction Trials #2)” as Want to Read:
Exile (The Extinction Trials #2)

Exile

(The Extinction Trials #2)

Betrayal. Sacrifice. Survival. Welcome to The Extinction Trials.

After surviving on Piloria once, Storm and Lincoln are the obvious candidates to return to the dinosaur continent to test the new virus that should clear the way for human settlement. But they have their own priorities – finding a cure for the plague that’s sweeping Earthasia, and keeping themselves alive.
Published June 1st 2018 by Usborne Publishing Ltd (first published May 31st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Exile, please sign up.
chucklesthescot I got all three as paperbacks through Amazon UK. I know that a few Australian friends have trouble getting some paperbacks that seem to be readily ava…moreI got all three as paperbacks through Amazon UK. I know that a few Australian friends have trouble getting some paperbacks that seem to be readily available elsewhere. Sorry I can't be more help!(less)

Start your review of Exile (The Extinction Trials #2)
Cora Tea Party Princess
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Words: DINOSAURS. Family, friendship, betrayal, survival.

Book Review: Exile by SM Wilson
The Extinction Trials: Exile by SM Wilson, picture from www.teapartyprincess.co.uk

Honestly, I missed this world so much that less that six months after first reading The Extinction Trials, I read it again so I could jump back into the world with it all fresh in my memory. I thought the first book was just as excellent the second time and I loved being able to carry straight on with the story.

We were back with Storm and Lincoln, and again I preferred Storm. I just love her, OK?

Exile was j
Georgina
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
✨3.5 stars✨
Hi, hello, yes, welcome to a real let down of a sequel. I feel like I’m so sick of saying the phrase ‘not bad but also not good’ at this point, but it’s exactly how I feel about this book. It was just average. In the acknowledgements, the author says that when she started writing the book, she didn’t have any real plan as to where it would go and boy does that explain a lot. It felt so on-the-spot and underdeveloped, and honestly, at times it just felt like a slightly altered copy of
Kelly-Marie
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Love these books so much, they are unreal.
Inge
I'm definitely continuing this series because DINOSAURS, but Exile felt a bit lacking. It took nearly half the book to get back to the dinosaur continent in the first place. Once there, I definitely enjoyed the story more, but while there were many dinosaurs, their scenes weren't as grand and exciting as in The Extinction Trials. I liked the returns of several big baddies from book one, but felt they were dealt with too easily. I did love both father-daughter storylines and thought their develop ...more
Kayla
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
This was so fantastic and lived up to the first novel. Now I don't mind if there is a sequel to this cause it could have just left where the ending was in this book but I would like a continuation.
Kirsti
Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it
While I did enjoy some aspects of this book, getting to Piloria took FOREVER and I am here for the dinosaurs. I am not here waiting until the 50% mark for them to even land on the island when the title of this one is 'Exile'. Hmph.

That aside, I loved when they finally got there and the characters could interact while almost getting chomped by a variety of dinosaurs. There is more danger than previously thought, with different predators around that no one had recorded. I do think the virus thing
Ashley
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Star Rating: —> 4.5 Stars [rounded up!]

This was SO much better than the first book!!! I enjoyed it SO much. DINOSAURS, PEOPLE ! This one had SO many. Survival of the fittest!

Recommend!
☣Lynn☣

Even better then the first book! To me it wasn't slow at all. Can't wait till 2019 for book 3
Sabrina
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
[3,75 stars]

This is what I call a wild ride!

Exile definitely was a lot more adventurous and exciting than book one (which was also not bad btw!) but still it was not as good as I would have liked. Unfortunately, the writing style didn't get any better, or at least for me but I study languages so I am constantly surrounded by grammar and know how it works and should work. The writing style felt dull at times, the syntax was just meh. But again, if you have no idea of grammar or like super short s
melissafandomworld
a fun sequel to the Extinction trials.

I have to admit, I expected a bit more I guess. And it's really hard to pinpoint what it is exactly that made me feel this way.

I missed the presence of dinosaurs on a more frequent level I guess. I mean, they ARE present, don't get me wrong. And they are off on a killing spree, as usual, which is 10 different kinds of awesomeness, lol. But I just expected more grandeur I guess? More T-Rex? It felt a bit mellow in comparison to book 1. And most of all: WHERE
Zoe
Apr 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
The Extinction Trials 3 Stars (If I had written a review for it...)

1 Star

I have never read a book that was just.. so full of nothing. It's classic Second Book Syndrome: it hints at a lot of the plot points from Book 1 and the plot points for Book 3, but still nothing happens!?

They thought they were safe. The had done what the "big, generic, evil, corrupt government" had asked, now they could have some peace. Yeah, well guess what sweetheart, the government lied!

Characters I mean, do I have to
Claudia
5 beautiful stars. I loved the second book in this series just as much as the first one. It's filled with action packed scenes, characters that you cannot stop rooting for, plenty of mystery, twisty plot reveals and dinosaurs! Oh, my Lost World inner geek is thriving right now. Going straight to the third book, which I'm so stupidly excited about :)
Alisha Tarran
As you all are probably aware, Jurassic World 2 is going to be hitting the big screens this Summer, unfortunately I didn't get to be involved with the movie to my constant disappointment, BUT I did get to read the sequel to Extinction Trials! If you're a fan of Jurassic Park or eagerly awaiting the next Jurassic World movie...you need to get on this series!

Huge Jurassic Park fan that I am....I freaking love dinosaurs and honestly...this is the only YA book I know of with dinosaurs in it, which
Tilly
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I really enjoyed this! The dinosaurs, the characters, the drama. It was very different to the first book but I still loved it and raced through it in a day.
This series is unlike anything else I've ever read. Brilliant!
Melissa **Just Really Loves Musicals**
*2.5 stars*
Review to come.
Jun
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
gone were the lush forests filled with dangerous man eating reptiles and into the concrete gray jungle where humans are dying in an overpopulated polluted city.

In the beginning it was quite slow, and as the story progress, humans were dying by the minute from a plague, so of course Storm and the gang with some added + 1 are back in the dino land! This time with more terrifying dinosaurs, more forests, and more deaths! Their goal this time around isn't to steal some things, but to spread a dino
chucklesthescot
It is a month after the end of the Trial and Storm is not a popular person. Her relationship with Dell has yet to recover from the strain of her helping others and not helping him and they disagree about the killing of the dinosaurs with the virus that is still being constructed. She is finding living with a huge group of people, her 'claimed family', impossible after the solitude she had before, and isn't coping with the responsibility. She is well aware that Reban Don knows she is lying about ...more
Alessandra Crivelli
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book compared to the previous one is more like 3 stars than 4 but since I should rate the book for itself it is a FOUR rating, definitely.

It just took so much to get back to Piloria and I wanted the dinosaurs. Ok?
I mean I care about the main characters but I am not a fan of dinos to watch them roaring and stop. I want blood and rage, and cleverness. (This sounded really problematic but still.. Dinosaurs are supposed to be dinosaurs)
That is why I LOVED SO MUCH the dilophosaur CHAPTER. It w
Rebecca Murray
This book took 200 pages before it really started to pick up the pace and become interesting. I probably found it slow because I just wanted to be submerged in the dangerous world of Piloria.

Also I’ve found that I can delve deeper into the book when I looked up each dinosaur. I loved being able to picture what our characters were being chased by.

I appreciated the characters development and relationships, although I found a lot of the plots to be predictable.

I wasn’t blown away by this book but
Annabel
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So I just had to finish this book! It kept me on the edge of my seat every minute! now the waiting for book three begins!!!
Bexnbookx
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books
This is a bit of a guilty pleasure read for me! It’s not great... but I sort of want more! RTC
Arkham Reviews
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed-on-blog
Before I begin, I just want to note that I don't think that Exile is a bad book. Not by a long shot. If you liked The Extinction Trials, chances are you'll enjoy this too. My big problem with it is really that it's just more of the same.

The structure of Exile was almost the same as the original. Over half of the story is set back in Ambulus City as the novel builds up a fresh new reason to send Storm, Lincoln and Lief back to Piloria. Then, as with the previous instalments, the second half of t
Kelly
If you read my review of The Extinction Trials back in January you’ll know that I fell head over heels in love with this series. So you could say that my expectations were stacked pretty high before picking up book 2, Exile. You’ll be pleased to know that Exile packs just the same level of punch as the first book does, possibly even more!

Picking up not long after the ending of The Extinction Trials, we find ourselves back on Earthasia with Stormchaser, Lincoln and a few others. Storm and Lincoln
Jenny (Bookbookowl)
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Please note: As Exile is book 2 in The Extinction Trials series, there may be some spoilers in this review for Book 1.

Exile picks up pretty much right where The Extinction Trials left off, not long after the team had returned from Piloria. The help Storm demanded for Lincoln’s sister, and the siblings of the two teammates they lost on Piloria last time, has been granted, but Storm is now living in a house full of people. Something she’s not at all used to.

Lincoln’s sister is becoming increasing
Jackie
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, sci-fi
Just like Jurassic Park before it, ‘The Extinction Trials’ amps up the drama and sends us back to the doomed island with the hopes that this time will be different only to find that it is just as bloody as before.

“The Extinction Trails: Exile” sees the aftermath of the finals where Storm and Lincoln are at odds while suffering from flashbacks to their time on the dinosaur continent and the less than viable conditions at home. When there’s a break in a cure for the plague and Storm’s paternity c
Ellesha
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed-books, 2018
I was very excited for this book as the first one is just incredible, however I have to say that I was slightly disappointed. I do have to say that the writing style seemed more basic and amateur than the first, which did show and did affect the rating of the book for me as it just came off quite simple to read.

Obviously, I love the concept of the book, it follows on from the first one, not directly but a few weeks or so later and is easy to get into. I have to admit that my favourite aspect of
Becca
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so happy that I enjoyed this book as much as the first. It was so good! We return to Storm and Lincoln's story, are introduced to new characters, and get to know old characters better.

After returning from the land of dinosaurs, Storm pretended the dead finalists' siblings were her own and is living in one house with all of them. Some of them have the blistering plague. Lincoln's sister Arta is in hospital, with a scientists daughter who also has it.

The scientists develop viruses for the na
John Naylor
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Possible spoilers ahead.

The first book was great. I had to buy the sequel. This is even better in my mind.

The best fantasy takes real world issues and uses them in the form of metaphors. This book does that extremely well. Environmental issues including climate change are dealt with in a way that a young adult will understand and will hopefully think about.

There is at least one genuinely heart wrenching moment too. You have sympathy for the characters and hope for them throughout. There are deat
Booklepuff
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
The next instalment of the Extinction Trials was very similar to the first - coming in at 3.5 stars! I knew that they would have to return to Piloria and guessed why, however the addition of Reban Don and Jesa was interesting and made a new dynamic. It was interesting seeing the different relationships with fathers - both of which I think could do with more work, hence why Book 3 will be interesting.

The reason it’s a 3.5 and not a 4 like the last book is that in places I found it a little predi
Agnė
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I feel like this book was a bit of a let down for me. I still enjoyed the overall story, I loved family storyline and how it develops as the book go, but it was lacking a bit in action and excitement. As I was reading first half of the book, I was waiting for them to get back on the island. And I was right. After they returned to the island, the story got more exciting and I found myself enjoying it a bit more. Though it was only 2.75-3 star read for me, I'm still going to read the next book as ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Black Moon (The Broken Trilogy, #3)
  • Darkness Follows (The Broken Trilogy, #2)
  • Broken Sky (The Broken Trilogy, #1)
  • Venom (Isles of Storm and Sorrow #2)
  • The Pieces of Ourselves
  • A Throne of Swans (A Throne of Swans, #1)
  • The Territory (The Territory, #1)
  • The Kingdom
  • Escape (The Territory, #2)
  • Viper (Isles of Storm and Sorrow #1)
  • Truth (The Territory #3)
  • Good Girl, Bad Blood (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #2)
  • Hold Back the Tide
  • Slay
  • Olive
  • I Am Not a Number
  • How Hard Can Love Be? (The Spinster Club, #2)
  • All the Lonely People

The Extinction Trials (3 books)
  • The Extinction Trials (The Extinction Trials, #1)
  • Rebel (The Extinction Trials, #3)