Start by marking “The Big Bad Wolf” as Want to Read:
The Big Bad Wolf

The Big Bad Wolf

Slade McAlister has his own family drama. His Alpha father happens to be the most reviled wolf on the eastern seaboard, and it's a stigma he can't escape. So
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 184 pages
Published March 5th 2018 by Entangled: Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Big Bad Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Bad Wolf

Carrie
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The Big Bad Wolf by Jus Accardo is a young adult shifter fantasy read that has a bit of a contemporary romance to it also. The two main characters Kensey Deaton and Slade McAlister alternate their point of view with each chapter.

Kensey’s father is the Alpha of her pack and her family is considered royalty in the werewolf community while Slade is from the more criminal pack in town that don’t follow the rules and take what they want.

When Kensey’s father tells her she needs to chose her mate or he
D.M.
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like my shifter romance to follow the mythical rules and this one reminded me more of a religious family wanting to marry off there daughter. This is probably the first shifter novel that doesn't follow the rules that I didn't hate. The story was engaging and entertaining. The wolf reminded me of a set of outback hillbillies and I liked this quality.

Kensey is the alpha daughter. Her father is the head of a region of wolf packs. It is expected Kensey will find a mate soon. Unfortunately for he
Elaine
This is a very different take on the rich princess and the pauper, shifter style! Kensey Deaton is the daughter of a high ranking Alpha, a leader of the coalition of werewolves. Slade McAlister is the son of the abusive, renegade Alpha, a low life criminal, who is looked down upon by all the other shifter Alphas. They live next door to each other and, as children, were very close. Hierarchy, expectations and parental pressures all drove them apart but now her father is planning on arranging a ma ...more
Richelle Robinson
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a cute shifter read by a new to me author. At first the cover threw me off as the main character doesn’t scream “big bad wolf” but nonetheless Slade did live up to his reputation in this story. Kennsey was a spitfire and I loved how she held her ground especially around all the alpha male wolves. This was my first time reading anything by this author and I enjoyed the story and will most definitely look forward to future books!

*NetGalley Review*
Monique V
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Thank you to netgalley for providing me this ARC

This book was by no means perfect but man did I have a blastvreading it! The romance gave me all the feels and the world was very interesting to read about. There are a lot of pack politics and unfair rules but I feel like if those issues are explored more this could turn into a great series. I want more books in this setting maybe following a different couple. In conclusion I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun quick page turner!

Katherine Paschal
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kensey refuses to roll over for her father and accept the mate he selected for her, instead she wants to be shown the respect that male werewolves get and be able to choose her own path. Slade wants nothing more but to escape the terror that is his abusive father and pack alpha, but is instead tied to a life he wants no part of and a reputation he really didn't earn. When Kensey comes up with a solution to both their problems, Slade is hesitant. But what could go wrong, and it is an easy win-win ...more
books are love
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great twist on the wolf courting concept.

You feel for Slade from the moment you meet him. He has been beaten down his whole life and now believes he deserves the life he has. That he is out of control and isn’t worth taking a chance on. the one thing he wants is freedom. Freedom from his father and his life he has now. ONly one person can help him get it and that is the one person he loves and has pushed away because of his life. that one person is Kensey.

Kensey is the alpha’s daught
Suze Lavender
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kensey is part of a royal werewolf family. She's still in high school, but her father thinks it's time for her to be claimed and that means she'll have to choose a partner. If she doesn't her father will arrange a marriage for her, which is exactly what he wants and he already has a partner in mind, a creepy wolf Kensey doesn't want to marry. Kensey has a plan though. She'll ask her childhood best friend Slade to start a fake relationship with her. This should give both of them the freedom they ...more
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

4 Teenage Angst Stars

Young Adult age-range: 13+ due to kissing & violence.

The Big Bad Wolf is a standalone young adult paranormal novel featuring shifters. However, the paranormal aspects were underlying in the world-building. Not a complaint, just an explanation. Pack politics was the driving force, as well as a hefty dose of good ol' teenage angst.

Kensey & Slade are the children to two rival alphas. As a female, Ken
J.M.
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My 30th book read this year!!! I couldn’t put it down perfect for binge reading. Jus Accardo created another addictive read !!!!
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
I've come to the conclusion that I will probably always like the Entangled Teen romances that I read. They are light, fun, and easy to read. There is always something about them that I end up liking and this one is no exception.

The Big Bad Wolf is a fun paranormal read. It has a friendship turned hatred turned love story that I really enjoyed.

Kensey is part of the Deaton pack. Her father is the alpha and she is expected to find a mate. Females are basically treated as property. They are expected
Lauren
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
I've been on a mission to read more werewolf books this year so when I heard about Jus Accardo's The Big Bad Wolf I needed it and pronto. I mean, elite werewolf lineage, a fake relationship, and a broody, hot next door neighbor? It sounded like things were about to get interesting and dramatic.

The result? The Big Bad Wolf is suspenseful, charming, and romantic. If you love a good enemies-to-lovers romance as much as I do, you're sure to enjoy it!

The Big Bad Wolf introduces Kensey and Slade, fo
A.  Reviewer
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
* I received this novel from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*
Kensey Denton is tired of having her future decided for her just because she is the daughter of an Alpha pack leader. When Kensey's father tries to force her into an arranged marriage to ensure her bloodline, Kensey decides to take matters into her own hands. She makes a deal with Slade McAllister, a notorious bad boy werewolf from another clan. If they can convince everyone they are dating, Kensey's father
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Awww...I heart this story and these characters, Kensey and Slade, so hard. From practically page one, they have great banter and simply ooze chemistry. They have history - they were friends as children and eventually both used to have crushes on each other, but despite living next door to one another, they haven’t spoken in years.

But they live in a world where werewolf traditions dictate the way their live has to be: Kensey is obligated to choose a mate who her Alpha father will approve, and Sl
Andrea Heltsley
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read my first Jus Accardo book back in 2012 and sort of drifted even though it was really good. Then, when Rules of Survival came out, I snagged a copy. It was a 5 star read! Loved it! So I went on to read the first two books in the Infinity series and they rocked. It should come as no surprise that The Big Bad Wolf was another fantastic read by Jus Accardo!
Kensey was scrappy and stubborn. I loved that about her character! Being resilient and trying to buck traditional female rules kept her an
Becky
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
"I promise, I'm 100 percent committed to our fake relationship."--Slade

I always forget how much I enjoy Jus Accardo's writing when I let too long go between reading her books--and The Big Bad Wolf is no exception. I loved the twists she brought to this shifter romance--Kensey definitely wasn't the "good girl" to Slade's bad boy, and the Romeo and Juliet slant to their story (minus the mamby-pamby attitude and the horrible ending, of course)--not to mention Kensey's fabulous t-shirt collection--m
Lovely Loveday
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Big Bad Wolf is a young adult fantasy novel with a hint of contemporary romance. The story is told through alternate point of views by Kensey and Slade with each chapter you get a different perspective of the story.  Kensey’s father is the Alpha of her pack which makes her family royalty in the werewolf community. Slade is from the opposite pack that has more of a criminal background. They refuse to follow the rules and take whatever they want.

When the Kensey’s dad (the Alpha) tells her she
Isha
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5/5

I loved the spin this book had on the classic werewolf story. First off, I liked how Alpha had a specific ability. I wish they had elaborated a lot more on that. The world building was lacking in regards to that. It's stated in the first few pages that Sam has a fire ability, but you never see him use it. We did get to see the McCalisters use their ability. However, that was only probably because it was made and used to move the story along and add an element to the conflict. That was very
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
I love this one! As a hard core romance reader I love a great YA to cleanse my brain...if its a wonderful paranormal..sign me up!

I love the angst, the strength and the fall...the wolf life dynamic is awesome and unique...the blurb sucked me in and I was lost in the story. Friends lost to life...discovered again through a plot to deceive.

Push and pull....growth and just a lot of wow. It was easy to fall in love with this book!
Petula
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kensey Deaton is the daughter of the most important Alpha werewolf in the area, and because of that she is expected to behave a certain way. She has been a good girl up until her father tells her if she doesn't choose a mate, he will choose one for her.
Slade McAlister is the only legitimate son of a particularly vicious alpha. His pack is considered the scum, and the criminals amongst the werewolf community. His father is using his usual tactics to insist that Slade find a mate and bring new bl
Kendal
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The blurb of this book gave me high expectations before I even turned to the first page. It did not let me down.
Kensey and Slade have been next door neighbors for years, and were friends up until a few years ago. Both get an ultimatum from their fathers to claim a mate. Kensey and Slade hatch a plan to fake a relationship to get their fathers off their backs.
I couldn't put this book down. I loved the world and the characters. Kensey and Slade are each trying to be their own person in a world tha
Sascha
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars

Although Kensey and Slade grew up next to each and were best buddies for a long time, the backgrounds of their parents, being so disparate, threw the monkey wrench into their friendship. At least on Slade’s side.

The Big Bad Wolf is a Romeo and Juliet of werewolves with lots of politics thrown in. The unfortunate bit is that it’s a patriarchal society in which women are viewed as possessions. Hmm.

I thought the characters of Kensey and Slade were well-done. Kensey has never fit a mold o
Sandra "Jeanz"
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW
I have read and adored other titles by Jus Accardo so her name drew me to this title and of course, the fact the book is published by Entangled is another plus point. The fact the genre is paranormal shifter, was the main attraction for me as I enjoy the pack politics and ancient rites and laws so I was hoping this one would be right up my street.

The cover has a couple on the front, a long blonde haired male in a suit and a long darker haired girl with her arm around the male and her head
Ornella (Nyx)
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, paranormal
Cute quick read!
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Olivia Farr
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
"The Big Bad Wolf" is a YA fantasy that follows Kensey and Slade, next door neighbors and werewolves in two different packs. Kensey's pack is wealthy and in charge of most of the decisions with a coalition of the packs in town- they are the upscale pack. Slade's pack is the one everyone wishes did not exist- they commit all sorts of crimes and violence. Slade and Kensey are both looking for escape (although different kinds).

Female werewolves tend to not fare well- they are often given to anothe
Adrianna Schuh
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hey lovely readers! Today's post is going to be a review of The Big Bad Wolf by Jus Accardo. I was given an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
"Kensey Deaton comes from an elite werewolf lineage, but just because her family is royalty, doesn't mean she'll fall in line like some perfect little princess. She has plans and they don't include an arranged marriage! Slade McAlister has his own family drama. His Alpha father happens to be the most reviled wolf on the eastern seaboard, a
Angela ReadingCave
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Both Kensey and Slade’s daddies are Alpha’s of their packs. The difference is that Kensey’s daddy is respected in the community they live in and Slade’s daddy is hated. Both are expected to make a good match. Both are expected to have arrange marriages unless love prevails. Both are given ultimatums from their parents. Kensey comes up with a plan, and Slade reluctantly agrees. As long as they stick to the plan no one gets hurts. As long as they stick to the plan no one loses their hearts. They j ...more
WycEd Reader
Check out our The Big Bad Wolf post on Wicked Reads OR our The Big Bad Wolf post on Wicked Reads:YA Edition.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Erica – ☆☆☆☆
4 Teenage Angst Stars

Kensey and Slade are the children
Cynthia
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Ok, so I'm a huge Jus Accardo fan and The Big Bad Wolf was everything I love about her writing!

Kensey is wolf royaly, and the time has come for her to chose a mate. Problem? She doesn't want one.
Slade, her neighbour / old friend / bad boy, has the same problem
The solution? Pretend they are dating until their parents stop pushing them

The Big Bad Wolf introduces us into a shifter community in desperate need of updating their costumes. The Wolf are ruled by men and women are nothing but a comodity.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
JUS ACCARDO spent her childhood reading and learning to cook. Determined to follow in her grandfather’s footsteps as a chef, she applied and was accepted to the Culinary Institute of America. But at the last minute, she realized her true path lay with fiction, not food.

Jus is the bestselling author of the popular Denazen series from Entangled publishing, as well as the Darker Agency series, and th