Start by marking “Burn the Ashes (Trinity Chronicles Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Burn the Ashes (Trinity Chronicles Book 1)

Burn the Ashes (Trinity Chronicles Book 1)

In the ruins of a place once known as Dallas lies The Republic of Trinity, a collection of hundreds of towns and groups ruled peacefully by The Council. Though the leaders once thrived on change, their descendents have grown comfortable. Whether by mutation or evolution, some children have been able to connect with and control the elements. These Talists, short for element ...more
Published January 2nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Burn the Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burn the Ashes

Start your review of Burn the Ashes (Trinity Chronicles Book 1)
Danni
The problem with reading a book like this is I want to know what happens next, but for now I have to wait. I'll attempt a review instead.

This is exactly the kind of story I love (in fiction). A dystopian world, people who are different and therefore feared, friendships, and at the end, hope. The romance was realistic, not overwhelming and didn't involve a love triangle (why do so many young adult dystopias have love triangles?). The idea of the Talists reminded me a bit of X Men (as did some of
Matt B.
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great introduction

I enjoyed this book thoroughly from beginning to end. A world with rules waiting to be broken and injustice to be corrected. The conflict of black and white for right and wrong is stated simply when it comes to survival. Do we kill to keep our rights, how much is too much before you have to fight back. Is it a right to choose who you are, or is that a fabricated choice by those in power?
Jessalyn
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great premise and intriguing plot.

My only critiques center on the choice of the first person narrative. The characters blurred together a bit to the point I was about five chapters in before realizing the chapters were from different perspectives. But it's possible that's just my lack of perception as opposed to the writing. :) regardless, I hope the future books develop their personalities more.

Look forward to the next one!
Julia
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found the book lovable. I also found it very easy to read (not because it wasn’t something on my reading level, but because it kept me so interested) and finished it in two days. The only real problem is it left me wanting more.

It’s a quick, easy read with relatable characters and my favorite genre. I highly suggest reading it!
Debra Barstad
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Just an okay book for me. I think this book is geared more for the middle age group.
Pam Mitchell
Mar 16, 2018
Debra Pearse
Jan 09, 2018
Heather Shahan
Jan 04, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Erika