Start by marking “The Golden Tower (Magisterium, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Golden Tower (Magisterium, #5)

The Golden Tower

(Magisterium #5)

The excitement and magic continue in book five of Magisterium.
Published September 11th 2018 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about The Golden Tower, please sign up.
Gameknight_99903 People liked the series, so they believe that this book will be a good one.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
An'Dre
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

l
Mar 07, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Even as an adult, I'll still be plagued by waiting for yet another Cassandra Clare book.

*sigh*
chloe ✨
This was a pretty satisfying conclusion but also a little underwhelming. I enjoyed reading it, but it definitely wasn't my favourite in the series. Sad to say goodbye to these characters though!
Cynthia
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm giving this a full 5-star review before it even came out. . . . Cassie, Holly, it better be the best book I will ever touch, understood?
Josu Grilli
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-feb
Un final a la altura.

Desde el primer libro vi a esta saga con potencial. Los primeros dos libros quizá pecaron de introductorios, de inocentes. Con el tercero se vio un cambio a cosas más oscuras, y el cuarto y quinto creo que han conseguido trabajar muy bien los personajes y la trama más política.

En La torre de oro nos enfrentamos al final de la saga Magisterium. Después de casi 5 años siguiendo esta saga he decir que no estoy nada decepcionado. Creo que es un muy buen trabajo en equipo, y Holl
Vanessa
Yeah, no.

This series started out pretty mediocre, but I saw potential, so I continued to read it. At first I thought it would pay off, because I genuinely enjoyed the second and third book... but then The Silver Mask happened, which felt like the authors just wanted to be done with it and wrap the story up. There was still a little bit of potential left for this one, so I was crossing my fingers while simultaneously lowering my expectations.

And I was still let down.

Look, the world building in t
Zero vi Britannia
How does this have a 4.33 rating when it probably won't be out until 2018?
Meaghan
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Stars (Out of 10): 3/10 Stars

I had such high hopes for this book after the redeeming of the series (for me) in book 4. Just in general, there was so much potential for this series, and I had such expectations both from books 1 and 2 and from Clare’s and Black’s prior works.

Now, I get this is a middle grade series. It won’t be as deep as Black’s The Cruel Prince/Tithe/etc. or Clare’s The Infernal Devices/The Dark Artifices/etc. I also get that these books are not necessarily aimed towards me, and
O.R.
Sep 22, 2016 marked it as hell-no  ·  review of another edition
Rowling is finally releasing a book about Voldemort!
Wait, no.
Lerizza Mae (books&teacups)
Finally done with this series!

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed. The whole series seems so rushed. There could have been a lot more world-building for a five-book series. The main characters are somewhat good, a bit shabby, not too great. They are a bit mediocre for me. And the main villain was too petty! A villain who demands all that he wants, may it be a girl, a tower with a TV room and a villain who just wants to sit on his throne just to spite his enemies and do nothing. It gets a bit boring
Sage Elizabeth
1.) The Iron Trial ★★★★★
2.) The Copper Gauntlet ★★★★
3.) The Bronze Key ★★★★★
4.) The Silver Mask ★★★★★

This should probably be a 4 star book but 6th-grade-Sage is making me give it that extra star.
Jamie
I have finally reached the end. Overall satisfied but I still wanted a few things different regarding a couple characters. But most things had a nice ending. Although some things I also felt were a bit rushed in the explanations. I feel like Call has really started to grow into a young adult. Jasper though has grown the most. In comparison Alex continues to act more immature in each scene he is in. Ridiculously so. I don't get how it wasn't picked up on sooner. It was nice to see others finally ...more
ambsreads
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
reading this series it’s important to remember the target audience isn’t my demographic. basically i think would my cousins read this series? the answer is yes

full review to come
Ceilidh
Oct 11, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
The title of this book has changed so many times I don't even know what to call it anymore.
Elif
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Oh.

My.

Oh.

My.

Goodness.

Holly and Cassandra, you are extremely talented.

You two are now my favorite authors and you are the authors of my favorite series and favorite book.

Yes, it did go really fast, but that really fit in with the plot because the plot speeds as fast as a bullet. You two did amazingly in making sure the writing doesn't slow this plot down.

I'm speechless.
tamsbookishsideoflife
Hallo Leute,
es ist vorbei, es ist geschafft.
Die Geschichte rund um Callum Hunt und seinen Freunden hat ein Ende gefunden.
Das Buch bekommt von mir 4,5 von 5 Sternen. Um ganze 5 Sterne zu bekommen oder sogar um ein Jahreshighlight zu werden, haben mir dann doch nochmal so 50 bis 80 Seiten gefehlt 😊
Alles insgesamt eine tolle Reihe mit einer spannenden Idee und vielen guten Überraschungen. Ich habe meine Zeit gern mit den Protagonisten verbracht, lediglich ein paar ständig aufkommende Wiederholunge
Melany
Where do I even start with this book? The first issue is that it was paced at the speed of light. Omg, it was so rushed so that nothing seemed to feel important. The second thing is the addition of another character that felt forced and unnecessary. It bad enough that Jasper, even after 5 books, felt like he didn't belong and unnecessarily forced into every scene that he is, so the fact that the new unnecessary character was his love interest made it worse!

The next was the new "twists". I will a
Claire ✨
Sep 23, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
The Golden Tower, ey?

Interesting...
Rosa Dracos99
Digno final de la serie sobre los alumnos de una escuela de magia.
Se la ha comparado con la serie de Harry Potter, aunque creo que se han de ver desde otro punto de vista. En mi opinión, la de Harry es mucho mejor, porque profundiza mucho más en todos los personajes; mientras que Magisterium me ha recordado más la típica serie de internados de mi infancia, pero con la magia entre medio; donde los protagonistas son siempre los mismos, con muchos secundarios poco definidos.
Pese a lo anterior, he d
Alison♊⚜️✨
4 stars

Huh, well, I actually saw a couple of people who said that this book was the weakest in the whole series, but I think that while it wasn’t the best out of all of them (the 4th book is still my favorite), it wasn’t the weakest either.

The pace of the plot was a mix between book 1-3 & 4 as, though there were less “boring” parts than in the first 3 books, there still more than in the 4th book… However, in terms of plot twists, the first one came out as quite a bit of surprise, in a goo
Sally ☾
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
“Perhaps I am unknowable. But I will burn for your sake all the same.”

That ending was so completely Holly and Cassie that I actually hate it.

These authors will be the death of me.

This series is definitely not targeted toward me anymore, but hey, I enjoyed the ride anyway.

It helps that these books were very quick reads. I definitely think they could have been shorter, but I guess I understand what they were going for with the titles and all.
Lucy Rojas
Mar 29, 2018 marked it as tbr-next  ·  review of another edition
i wish i had a time machine just to see my own face when i saw this cover
ARE YOU SEEING THIS??????????????????????
IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL
I THINK I DIED AND I'M IN HEAVEN
THIS WILL BE THE DEATH TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT NOOOOOOO

Sep.12 update: THIS IS OUT NOW AND I'M CRYING DO YOU HEAR ME I'M CRYING I CAN'T EVEN
Stephanie
This was a big ball of incredibly anticlimactic scenes
Julie
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-readers, own-it
*More of a 3.5*
Well... That's it. That's the end of the Magisterium series. I'm both sad and happy. This book was kind of a mess tbh. There were parts I liked and I did kind of like the ending for the most part, but a lot of it didn't seem right. I don't really like the direction they went with a lot of the characters. Alex was almost an obnoxious caricature of himself and a lot of the dialog was kind of cringey. The whole thing with Maugris was just fucking random and extremely unnecessary. I r
Aria Mia
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A robust and fun ending to a series I’ve followed since the very beginning. A worthy farewell for these characters and this world. Twists and turns are abundant!
↠ dan ↞
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic
AAAA THIS WAS TOO SHORT. I absolutely loved the ending, everything turned out beautiful. My favorite thing about the book though, was the dialogue between Call and Aaron in Call's mind, it was a cool concept, kinda like in The Host.

So yeah... Magisterium is over. I'm gonna miss Call, Aaron and Tamara - and Jasper and Havoc - so much (so, so much I'll probably end up re-reading The Iron Trial)
Cole
Aug 30, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i want to die
Jannika
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5/5 🌟
Das war ein wirklich gelungener letzter Band! Es ist unglaublich viel passiert und ans Licht gekommen, sodass es an keiner Stelle langweilig war.
Wie bei den Bänden zuvor, ging es mir fast schon wieder zu schnell. Für 5 Sterne hätte ich mir etwas mehr Tiefe gewünscht. Vor allem was das Chracter-Building und die Beziehungen untereinander betrifft. Ich hätte über die ein oder andere Nebenfigur echt gerne mehr erfahren.
Alles in allem aber ein toller Abschluss der Reihe! 👍
Fiebre Lectora
3.5
El final de Magisterium ha sido, como todo apuntaba, una historia llena de aventuras, ritmo trepidante y personajes geniales que lo dan todo por aquellos a los que quieren; magia, villanos y reflexiones preciosas en La torre de oro para cerrar de una forma genial la saga.
Reseña completa: http://fiebrelectora.blogspot.com/201...
Samythenerdybeasty
Such an amazing conclusion to an epic series! This trio will stay in my heart the same way the HP trio has. All of the characters are so well done. I loved them all, even the villains. The magic was unique and added so much adventure to the story. I laughed, I cried, and I wanted to throw this book at one point....totally an epic read!
Danny
Sep 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
  • Untitled (The Wicked Powers, #2)
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • The Lily and the Cross (The Ring and the Crown, #2)
  • Unbroken (The Reaper Diaries, #3)
  • Other Worlds
  • Untitled (Nightshade Legacy #3; Nightshade World #9)
  • Water Thief (Universal Companions, #1)
  • Requiem (Books of Faerie, #3)
  • City of Bones (City of Bones: Graphic Novel #2)
  • Curse Workers #4 (Not a real book)
  • Escape from Castle Cant
Holly Black is the author of bestselling contemporary fantasy books for kids and teens. Some of her titles include The Spiderwick Chronicles (with Tony DiTerlizzi), The Modern Faerie Tale series, the Curse Workers series, Doll Bones, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, the Magisterium series (with Cassandra Clare), The Darkest Part of the Forest, and her new series which begins with The Cruel Prince in ...more

Magisterium (5 books)
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium, #1)
  • The Copper Gauntlet (Magisterium, #2)
  • The Bronze Key (Magisterium,  #3)
  • The Silver Mask (Magisterium #4)
“Now, if anyone in the Refectory bothers you, you can chop off their head, Aaron thought cheerfully.” 0 likes
“Grounded and kept home from the Collegium for a whole year for making out with Evil Overlord Alex. Also for joining his evil army of evil.” 0 likes