Start by marking “Illegally Wedded (Legally in Love, #6)” as Want to Read:
Illegally Wedded (Legally in Love, #6)

Illegally Wedded

(Legally in Love #6)

He needs a promotion. She needs to stay in the country.
Piper Quinn has a great thing going. She’s young, talented, and the sole chef at Du Jour, San Antonio’s hottest lunch bistro. She and her business partner just have to stay open one year to be eligible for the coveted Texas Star.

Days before eligibility though, Piper gets terrible news: she’s getting deported. To
Published January 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Illegally Wedded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Illegally Wedded

Start your review of Illegally Wedded (Legally in Love, #6)
Kathy Jo
Piper's life is pretty near perfect. She's the sole chef at the up-and-coming restaurant, Du Jour, she's weeks away from receiving the coveted Texas Star Award, she's got crazy parents who love her, amazing friends who adore her, and she's happy. But one little word turns her life upside down and has her dreams coming to a screeching halt. Deportation.

Zach has sacrificed and worked hard to get to where he is in the prestigious law firm he works at. With the higher ups retiring, he is so close
Katie W
I always think of marriages of convenience being back in history, when things were arranged because of hard times or situations, but this modern-day arrangement totally made sense and worked! Oh, my...this one definitely worked. And I think this author is really making a name for herself with these modern-day twists.

I think this one is my favorite Jennifer Griffith novel to date. Piper and Zach are great characters and they each need each other in different ways. Zach...wow...he could sure swoon
Melissa
This book has my all time favorite theme, marriage before you really get to know someone. It is a tough thing to make work. Zach wants a big promotion at work, Piper is going to be deported and lots of people depend on her. She is an amazing Chef and can melt anyone's heart with her kindness and her cooking. He is head over heals the first time he sees her which drives the proposal of a marriage of convenience for both of them.
This had some great characters and a good setting. There were some
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I really loved this story. I had a hard time putting it down. The characters were just so easy to love, the chemistry was super charged and I loved how things turned several times in ways I wasn't expecting. This is one I'd love to read again. (It has kind of put me in another book hangover. I'm having a hard time getting into another book!) I picked this one up on KU.
Jessie
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book kept me up reading until 2 AM, and I loved every minute of it!

I loved how Jennifer Griffith worked a marriage of convenience story into a marriage for citizenship story. Piper is a chef, and is on the cusp of winning a prestigious award when she finds out that she's not a U.S. citizen and is being deported. She has always had a U.S. driver's license, birth certificate, and social security card. How can this be? A chance encounter, and a plea for help at a law office, introduce her to
Sandee
Feb 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ereader
A couple getting married, without knowing each other, to solve problems for each of them.
There were lots of fun ideas in this book that made it an entertaining read. However there were a few problems as well. Too much repetition of the exact same thoughts about each other. By the time I was halfway through the book I was skipping over the paragraphs in which we had to hear the exact same thoughts, again. But I was still enjoying the writing and character interactions.
The other problem was that
Mel
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to really love a book to give the perfect 5 stars but this one deserved it! This is probably my favorite book of hers. The book was a fun read with several unexpected twists and turns. I adore food and the descriptions she had in the book made my mouth water... Well written characters and plot. Would DEFINITELY recommend this book. Received this book as an ARC, all opinions are my own.
Alisa
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked Zach and Piper. I loved the idea of her restaurant (I was just in San Antonio and ate on the Riverwalk, and I wish I had eaten at her restaurant instead of the one I ate at), and I loved how good Zach and Piper were together. But...

While I like quirky characters, this story had too many different kinds of crazy going on in the same story. I felt relieved when I was done with it and leave some of the crazy characters behind (some were fun; some were over the top for me).

Source:
Paula Bothwell
Illegally Wedded (Legally in Love #6) - PG
Violence: none
Language: nothing offensive
Sex: no sex

I read back to back Jennifer Griffith books and she's just making me So Happy! The heroine of this book is surrounded by the quirkiest characters and she takes it all in stride. You can see why the H is so smitten with her. I did Not see the ending coming and Loved it!
Cathy
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-to-z-challenge
I LOVE Jennifer Griffith's books! They're so well written and so much fun! I love the romance aspect, she really does a great job with it. This one was no different, I loved every bit of it!

Zach is such a great character in this one. I love the opening scene in Du Jour with Kinsey. She acts like a boor and he is so annoyed at not being able to eat his lunch that he was looking forward to that he gets rid of her on the spot. I love the way you learn more and more about him as the story goes on.
Cami
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of Jennifer's best books so far! I really enjoyed all of the geeky refrences, and the food descriptions are mouth-watering. Seriously, I might have gained weight just by reading some of those delicious foods. The attraction between the two main characters was done very well. Great job! Five stars. Would read again.
Patricia
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was 3.5 stars rounded up to 4. Just before starting this book, I had read a very classy love story. By comparison, “Illegally Wed” had a premise that would—in non-fiction—be dangerous and unappealing. I would never advocate marriage to anyone within a week. It sometimes had caricatures rather than characters. Also, “Illegally” had such a different “tone” from the other romance that the tone of “Illegally” grated a bit on me until I adjusted from the gracious tone of the last book to a bit ...more
Maria Thomas
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book. The basic plot concept reminded me of a Hallmark movie I saw crossed with a Sandra Bullock movie. What is not to enjoy in that?

I liked Zach and Piper though as is usually the case with these kinds of books, there wasn't enough good communication between them. They could have had a lot less angst if they had just communicated. But then there would have been a lot less story too. Go figure.

I had to wonder how much money Zach had sitting in the bank because he seemed
Pascale
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A vendetta...a nefarious plan...the perfect revenge

-‘Their eyes met, and that pulsation caught him, just like it had in the elevator. This girl was his cold fusion—impossibly explosive energy generated from the tiniest of her particles touching his.’-

A few times things were repeated, things that had already been said or explained previously, so it was a bit off-putting. Also, I found the way the author talked about the Canadian customs officer offensive. As a Canadian myself, it really bothered
Shirelibrary
Heather Green
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would have given this one a 5 rating, but toward the end (and her parents the whole way through), the story got a little crazy. The tempo sped up and it started to feel unrealistic with the trial, the two loser ex's, and the cooking in Hobit land. Plus, the MC's were always all over each other. We get it that they are physically attracted to each other already. I like the clean romance as much as the next person, but it was almost too much. On the whole, however, I loved the book. There was ...more
Shash
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I was engaged the entire time, and didn’t want to stop reading. I also wanted to eat. :) Hearing all of the food descriptions and the way Piper thought about food had me wanting to dive into the pages and head to Du Jour.

I fell in love with the characters immediately. There were so many things to love about them! Piper is genuine and kind. Zach is good and considerate. They’re both hard working and really care about other people. And their chemistry is off the charts!

The
 The Flipped Page (Susan K)
Romance, clean, series
This was a cute turn of marriage of convenience. Definitely a light read, some miscommunication of feelings, some 'bad' characters out to expose their secret and take them down. Piper and Zach were fun characters. Her and his dilemmas made for a cute setting for this fall in love romance. They were genuine, honest characters with sincere hearts. A cute read and fun fall if you like light romance. The restaurant and legal settings were fun. Worth a read if you enjoy light
Elda
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An awesome love story!

Piper and Zach made for an excellent match. Even though it took awhile for them to realize it, they eventually caught on. This story had just the right amount of mystery, romantic angst, heartache, happiness, good friends, loving family, etc. It had me smiling, holding my breath, crying, a whole gambit of feelings. I especially loved the HEA. This could be a stand-alone book even though it’s a part of a series. I liked that it didn’t end with a cliffhanger. Highly enjoyable
Bookconfessions
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars At first I thought the characters of Chad and Mr. and Mrs. Quinn were a little over the top, but Jennifer did an amazing job of using each character development to display different reaction one could have to the events we encounter in life. She put at sassy twist on the marriage of convenience motif, that I loved. There was plenty of chemistry and just enough drama to keep you reading to the end.
Joyce
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love At First Sight

Popper gets a letter from ICE telling her that she has been illegally in the USA. She has 30 days to get the papers proving they are wrong. All these years her parents have kept this secret. She
needs a good lawyer. Zack over hears her story and thinks he can solve her and his trouble. Will their business deal work? Well written story with strong and believable characters. Really enjoyed this book.
Becky Clark
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
FUN! Lovely twist ... really had me going. I love how Jennifer Griffith makes her characters so loveable ... and how easily she can get me to dispise the right characters as well. AND, I can always count on that happy ending. Great read and totally acceptable for teen readers. Nice clean romance!
Tamera Westhoff
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Funny Romance

This was a funny read, because you have two amazing people that would have ended up together that took the short track and were married before dating. Then the craziness ensues. All the more reason for being selective about who you date, because vengeful ex-boyfriends are no fun.
Cindy
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ok I was skeptical about this book, especially when it started exactly the way Legally Wedded had started, except that this time it was the woman who was in a long term relationship. I was wrong though--Griffith wrote characters that made me care about that and a story that was interesting to me, with a sweet happily ever after.
Margo
Feb 27, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Marriage-of-convenience stories are inherently preposterous, but I'm good with that. There were lots of interesting side wrinkles (hobbit colonies among them). The author did a good job of spreading out the plot development, although maybe it was just a tad bit crazy at the end. Clean, despite a great deal of romantic tension. I would be interested in reading more from this author.
Bibliophile
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Legally Illegally Wedded

Piper is an exceptional chef of an up and coming restaurant. Zach is an associate at a local law firm with dreams of becoming a partner. She's facing deportation and he needs a wife. Can a quick marriage solve their problems or will it create more? Great book. Can't wait for the next one!
MoonGarden
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute and fun

This book was cute and fun to read. All of the usual shyness, insecurity, and angst that go along with a marriage of convenience, and of course the happy resolution as they work it out.
Karen
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was cuter than expected. Piper was a fantastic person and Zach was a classy, lovable guy. I read the whole thing because I liked them. Some of the other books in this series have caught my attention, but I haven't picked any up until now. I may need to read all of them now.
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
A cute and easy read. A chef and a hot shot lawyer both need a spouse-and quickly. A simple business arrangement turns into a lot more than they expected. Both of the main characters were too perfect for me to really believe any part of the story, but it was a fun read.
Mandy Boerma
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Great idea

I loved the idea of this story, the characters, especially Grandma Vada. But the story was long. Really long. But the ending was cute. Love how the rice came back into play.

• The Trustworthy Groom (Texas Titan Romance)
  • Narcissistic Tendencies (Dating by Design #3)
  • My Not So Wicked Ex-Fiancé (My Not So Wicked #2)
  • The Brainy Billionaire (Clean Billionaire Beach Club Romance #1)
  • Don't Date Your Brother's Best Friend (Strong Family Romances #1)
  • Her Pretend Billionaire Boyfriend (Clean Billionaire Romance #1)
  • The Protective Warrior
  • Make-Believe Fiancé (Make-Believe Series, #1)
  • Her Dream Date Boss (Steele Family #1)
  • The Dream Groom (Texas Titan Romances)
  • The Fiance's Secret (Secret Billionaire Romance #6)
  • The Brawny Billionaire (Clean Billionaire Beach Club Romance #2)
  • The Sidelined Wife (More Than a Wife, #1)
  • Saved by the Movie Star (Rich and Famous Romance, #2)
  • The Ghost Groom (Texas Titan Romances)
  • My Not So Wicked Stepbrother (My Not So Wicked #1)
  • Emma the Matchmaker
  • Finding Jack (Fairy Tale Flip, #1)
Do you love free e-books? Check out my website to see how to get a free copy of my book ASKED & ANSWERED. http://authorjennifergriffith.com

I love a story that ends with a kiss, whether it's a book or a movie. That's the big payoff! So that's the kind of books I like to write, and I call my style "cotton candy for the soul"-- light, sweet, gone. We all need a little escape from reality for a

Legally in Love (6 books)
  • Legally Wedded (Legally in Love, #1)
  • Attractive Nuisance (Legally in Love #2)
  • Mergers & Acquisitions (Legally in Love #3)
  • Wills & Trust (Legally in Love #4)
  • Asked & Answered (Legally in Love #5)