Start by marking “Charon Unguarded” as Want to Read:
Charon Unguarded

Charon Unguarded

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Charon was once the Ferryman of the Underworld. Now he’s the doorman of a disused office block. If only the old Gods hadn’t lost that drunken bet all those centuries ago, things would be very different. For a start, Ragnarök probably wouldn’t be on its way.

Ra is looking for a way of escaping the mortal realm, but there’s something about his plans he isn’t telling everyone
Kindle Edition, 1st, 354 pages
Published January 27th 27 by KDP

To ask other readers questions about Charon Unguarded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charon Unguarded

Eric
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful look at the current status of the old Gods in the modern world.
Charon used to guard the river Styx and now he guards a building lobby. His nice and dull world falls apart when they hold a meeting in his building.

A great read, looking forward to reading the prequel when it comes out.
Gemma Louise
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very much enjoyed this book, I love the humour and the real world references. The use of different areas of mythology, not just keeping to the one area, sets this apart from a lot of books in the genre. Well worth a read, even with the funny looks I received for laughing. Bring on book 2!
Sean Johnstone
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A delightful take on the Greek, Abrahamic and Norse mythologies. Imagine if all the Gods were real. Now imagine that they've managed to get themselves consigned to the mortal realm with an ill-advised bet with Yahweh.

Then comes the end of days. Thoroughly enjoyable world with a quirky sense of humour that keeps you turning the pages!

I cannot wait to read The Bet!
Steve Frost
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this on Friday night and have nearly finished it on Monday afternoon, just a few pages left. This in itself is something of a miracle for me, as it’s rare for a book to engage me so fully. The book is fast-paced, funny in places, and shows the ancient gods and other people and creatures of folklore in a completely different modern 21st-century setting. They are here, because, a millennium before they were all banished from their various realms and made to live in the world of m ...more
Leslie
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic adventure! Johnstone crafts delightful characters and an engaging plot, using bits of lore and legend to weave together a spectacularly-fun urban fantasy fest! Charon makes an excellent sympathetic character, with plenty of wisdom and tenacity, and I particularly enjoyed her take on even the more famous characters, like Odin, Zeus, Ra, and the rest. Fans of Rick Riordan and Neil Gaiman are sure to love this book, and I am definitely looking forward to the next one!
Kristen
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Calling all Mythology lovers - - this book is for you! I had the opportunity to read an advanced copy and loved every minute of it. I particularly enjoyed the portrayal of the gods and their interactions. Full of intrigue, a must read!
Jacobus Merwe
Oct 06, 2018
David Miles
Nov 12, 2018
Mythology 1 1 Feb 08, 2018 06:42AM
When not swinging an axe at Viking re-enactment events, A. H. Johnstone is busy experiencing silent dismay over the lack of honest pillaging in the world. They would dearly like to see an end to poverty and abuse and has wielded their fundraising sword in support of ‘Responsible Charity’ several times.

It is their fond hope that education will become free for all as the opportunities for Viking rai