Start by marking “Imperfect Monster” as Want to Read:
Imperfect Monster

Imperfect Monster

Cold, ruthless, vicious.

I’m Paulo García’s monster, and I’d swallowed that bitter pill whole, learned to deal with it… until she stormed into the house like some avenging Valkyrie.

Brave, stupid, beautiful.

Nicky just wants to save her brother. She showed up with an envelope full of cash and a smart mouth and found herself in a den of monste

Published January 20th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Imperfect Monster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Imperfect Monster

Start your review of Imperfect Monster
Literatures Movies
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 15%

You know, an easy tell for me if a book is good or not – for me at least – is the ability to suck me into the story. Which this book failed horribly to do.

description

When I was reading this book, I was in the subway. And it turned out, I was more interested in what the couple standing beside me was bickering about rather than reading the book. That was when I know this one just isn't for me and me continuing to force the book down my throat just won't work.

As far as I read, there should not be
☽Ari
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 dark and fucked up stars

Read the complete review @Readin' Under Street-Lamps

Holy. Fucking. God.

This book was so fucking dark and so fucking dirty, it’s off the charts people! For the last couple of weeks, I’ve been dying to read a true dark romance- one that will make me fear for the characters and get me all hot and bothered. But let me tell you, when I started this book yesterday on the bus, I did not expect this.

Being a monster for Paulo García comes with a price, and Andre has long sinc
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This book was great! I really liked it.

Andre was a great H. He’s a total alpha, dark, broody and pretty badass. Nicky was amazing too! She’s feisty and sassy. They compliment each other perfectly!

This book is pretty dark and at times violent so if you don’t like this type of romance you might not enjoy this book. I love dark romance and this one was at times a little too much for me but it was still a winner. I really liked that it also had suspense, drama and a good dose of hot sexy times. Th
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
Wow, finally a book labelled as dark that truly is dark. This is the somewhat violent, often twisted and definitely dubious and steamy story of Nicky and Andre. And what a well written, attention holding, mind-blowing story it is. There are parts of this I'm not sure that I should enjoy, and other parts that I read whilst hiding behind a cushion ..... reactions that only a really good dark read will elicit.

Nicky is a strong female, whose naive innocence leads her into a nightmare situation, one
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Today was one of those days that I needed to read. My mind was on over drive and I needed to escape. Well I got that with Imperfect Monster. Apart from making dinner I pretty much inhaled this in one read.

Nicky shows up at Paulo Garcia’s to save her brother. Unfortunately she underestimates how much of a nasty man Paulo is. Andre is one of Paulos men. When he sees Nicky something happens and he wants to protect her. Can he do what he’s gotta do and save Nicky?

I would have liked Nicky to put mor
Dee
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Darkness is Subjective

“Imperfect Monster” is a professionally written, suspenseful novella with enough intrigue to keep it fast paced and the reader highly entertained. The antihero or hero depending upon your proclivity is extremely hot, dominant and demanding. The heroine could be considered bright and intelligent or TSTL depending upon your perception (personally, I think we all have a little Nicky in us). The intimacy is fairly well balanced with story-line and I view the issue of consent as
Kassy Taylor
Shelves: dark, taboo, mafia
I thought I was a fan of Jennifer Bene before this book. But after finishing Imperfect Monster I realized that I’m not JUST a fan, I’m a crazy, obsessed, stalker fan. Super flattering, right?

Dark romance/mob/brooding alphas/hot sex/guns/dubious consent/ is my g spot. And I don’t want to brag or anything, but my g spot was touched by every damn one of those. Good job, Jennifer Bene you’ve done what no man can do.

I’m kidding.

Andre is literally every damn thing. I love the darkness that lives insi
Kira

Andre didn't have enough redeeming qualities.
benevolent bastard
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Siobhan
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sometimes I find myself in need of a dark romance. The kind to show you the darkness of the world, while somehow leaving you with a belief in love. It’s a hard line to toe, and I often find books labelled as ‘dark romance’ aren’t actually all that dark. The hero is a member of a gang, or the heroine has a dark past. Those things are fun, sure, but they do not equate to a truly dark romance. Dark romances need to be gritty – like a good thriller, you need blood, guts, and tears.

Due to my bad luck
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Imperfect Monster by Jennifer Bene is the story of Nicky and Andre.
Nicky's brother Chris owes Paulo García’ money which has placed him in the hospital. Trying to keep him safe she goes to Paulo with $20,000 to pay off his debt. But Chris owes more than that and they decided to keep her to pay off the renaming debt.
Andre tries to stay out of what is going on with Nicky and Paulo but his attraction to her is to strong.
Andre goes to Paulo offering to pay off the remaining debt to 'own' Nicky.
An
SansaReads
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A suspenseful thriller with oh so many hot sexy times and , Imperfect Monster was a five star read.
Gab
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With seductive language you are sucked into the story right from the beginning. A cast of characters that give you the chills in their believability. Hopelessly caught among them a girl on a quest to save her brother. Now she needs saving and there's no help in sight. Or is there? I can't wait for the continuation of this story in 2018 !!

That was my hope when I read Monster in the Heroes Undercover anthology. And here it is, the story from beginning to end.

Ms Bene turned this short into a tight
Ally Vance
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
I inhaled this book in one sitting, an unputdownable new story by Jennifer Bene. Packed with an unrelenting darkness, fear, unexepected turns and some sizzling sex scenes. Hold on to your hair and pack some fresh panties because this is one hell of a book.

This is the first time Jennifer has written characters in the first person and she nailed it, I loved getting the first person view into the characters and their story.

Andre was devilishly sexy, and full of a darkness thst swirled around just b
April Symes
Let me count the ways of how dark this book is…but it is dark and delicious. Its one of those reads where you don’t know who is the good guys and who is the bad ones. It is full of angst, heartbreak, despair, abuse but it also shows hope, sexual tension, and passion. This story has it all during one heck of a roller coaster ride of emotions. The plot is deep, raw, and full of twists and turns that kept me on pins and needles all the way til the very end. I couldn’t read this story with the light ...more
Expresso
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although fiction, this story offers a perfect example of when one should keep their mouth closed. BUT! If Nicky kept her mouth closed, then we wouldn't have a story, would we?

Nicky's temper is as big as Texas. So is her mouth. Of course that particular orifice land her in a heap of trouble. There's only one person who can save her.....Andre.

Bene does an excellent job with creating and shaping Andre's character from page one. He's an onery son of a gun although he has his reasons. He's in no moo
Aղցela W.
This was a dark delicious read that I loved reading. Nicole "Nicky" Harris walked into the lions den when her brother Chris owned money to a mobster by the name of Paulo Garcia she gave 20 grand only she is short Nicky just wants to save her brother. Andre one of Paulo's men wants her so he pays the five grand to have her to keep her safe from the other monsters in the house. This was a really good book turns out Andre is undercover working for years to bring down Paulo and his crew but he strug ...more
Shelli
This was a good, dark romance full of action and suspense. I've read most of this author's books, and enjoyed all of them. My favorite is still Destruction, I think, but this one was good too!
Nicky was a brave, feisty girl, who unfortunately had the bad habit of speaking without thinking at times, which gets her into trouble. Andre is the big, quiet guy that everyone is a little scared of, and nobody ever knows what he's thinking. Seeing the two of them meet, and how their relationship develops
Kim BookJunkie ~ Editor & Proofreader
Things heat up immediately as within just a few pages, female main character Nicky is face-to-face with cartel boss Paulo Garcia and all of his henchmen.

“She shouldn’t have come here. She was innocent in this. A stupid, innocent, honey-skinned girl. But she’d already handed herself over to the devil to try and save her brother — even if she didn’t realize it yet.”

One of Paulo‘s henchmen is Andre who is huge, tattooed and scary as He||. When Andre decides he wants Nicky for himself, everythin
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
When Nicky shows up at Paulo García’s house demanding that the notorious drug dealer leave her brother alone she never expected to be taken prisoner. Dragged into the house and locked in the basement, Nicky starts to second guess her decision to bail her brother out of trouble. When one of Paulo's cohorts tries to force himself on Nicky she is rescued by the least likely of people, Andre.

Andre, one of Paulo's monsters, will beat, maim and kill on command and he has decided he wants Nicky for his
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
"This place was a death sentence, and I was already kneeling for the executioner."

I am huge fan of Jennifer Bene. She is one hell of a talented author and she always surprised me every time with her flow of words and her addictive books that slay me each and every time. She is a dark author who writes some of the most messed up scenes in books ever and I end up reading them and enjoying them. I guess I am messed up and I like it. Jennifer Bene produces an A class of dark and disturbing. Just lik
Courtney
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Fast Paced, Insta-affection, VERY PREDICTABLE, I wouldn't HONESTLY call this dark, more like wannabe dark. HEA.

A Regret Buy for Sure, Very Boring.

Would I read more from Author? Most Likely Not.
Space Cowgirl
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Sweet🍬 Taste of 😱Fear

Adult Romance and Gang Crime🔪🔫 Novel.

Andre🐺🔪🔫 is the enforcer for a Miami based crime gang. The rest of the members are Cubans and their leader, Paulo👹, is a particularly cruel and heartless dude. Andre🐺🔪🔫 wants out but he doesn't have enough money saved to leave.
They are playing cards🃏 and drinking🍸, when a beautiful blonde💃💋 starts banging on the door.
It's Nicky💋💃, and she is there to pay off her brother's $20k debt. She doesn't realize the huge mistake she made by ste
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
This would be a "It's me, not you" review.

There's only so many captive stories you can read before they all blend in. Hands up, I'm a dark romance reader. So, yeah. I've read it all. It seems my favorite genre has died. 😏 Or I'm suffering from Criminal Minds syndrome and nothing surprises me.

I want a fiery connection between the characters. I definitely got that, in the beginning. It was wrong, but so fucking exhilarating. I still feel the same after finishing. Yet, I knew the story surroundin
Amanda Lewis
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Rape and Gives her away

This is not a romance in my opinion.. I have so much that I didn't like about this book. Warning possible spoilers... He rapes her, he gives her away to be raped and very hurt, there's no romance, she loves him only because she's raped, he's an actual cop but does this. To top it off he talks her into accepting to be raped and hurt by someone else and then falls asleep while this is happening to her in another room.
Heidi
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
So wanted to love this

Told from dual POA. Repeating story when the characters change made it difficult to read. Skimmed much of the ending to a predictable HEA!
Renee
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Andre is cold, ruthless, vicious and Paulo Garcia's monster. He had swallowed the bitter pill whole and learned to deal with it until Nicky stormed into the house like some avenging Valkyrie. She was brave, stupid and beautiful. Nickly just wanted to save her brother. She showed up with an envelope full of cash and a smart mouth. She found herself in a den of monsters. Andre wishes he could say he wa
Lisa Roberts
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a dark sexy and so addictive on the edge of your seat full of torment, secrets, and bravery.
Nicky who walks into a whole new world with severe consquences and a whole lot of darkness and hatred to save her brother from the sadistic drug lord Paula Garcia and let me tell you he is scary and unpredictable and a whole lot of intense.
I admired Nicky she was one strong brave woman for what she endured and I was so afraid for her not knowing what was coming next, and the control of her sassy
Erika's Book Blog
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mafia
"It was a challenge I liked. Being momentarily in control of a dangerous killer. My jailor. My Protector."

Andre is a dark hero with demons to spare. His inner conflict was addictive, and I was hypnotized by him almost immediately. Hot as Hades, exhilarating for days, and a sinful pairing that started dubious at best. These two set fire to my kindle, and I couldn't look away for a second. With every "belleza" he uttered, I fell deeper into Andre's hypnotic web of danger, intensity, and off the ch
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Possession
  • Thirty Days of Pain
  • Until You're Mine (Requested Trilogy, #2)
  • Tragic Beauty (Beauty & The Darkness, #1)
  • His Majesty (Rough Royals Book 1)
  • Rules of Bennett (Rules of Bennett, #0.5)
  • Matteo: A Dark Mafia Hate Story
  • Their Captive
  • Sweet Cruelty
  • The Collector (The Cells of Kalashov, #1)
  • My Sweet Songbird (Requested Trilogy, #3)
  • Dolly
  • Broken Hearts (Heartbreaker #2)
  • His  (Dark Romance, #1)
  • You Will Bow
  • Unholy Union
  • Madman's Method (Madman Duet, #1)
  • Hostage
Jennifer Bene is a USA Today bestselling author of dangerously sexy and deviously dark romance. From BDSM, to Suspense, Dark Romance, and Thrillers—she writes it all. Always delivering a twisty, spine-tingling journey with the promise of a happily-ever-after.

Don't miss a release! Sign up for the newsletter to get new book alerts (and a free welcome book) at http://jenniferbene.com/newsletter