Start by marking “Ibitsu” as Want to Read:
Ibitsu

Ibitsu

Urban legend has it that a girl in Gothic Lolita garb will sometimes appear at local garbage drops in the middle of the night, putting a question to passersby - "Would you have a little sister?" To reply is to seal one's fate and meet with a diabolical death... at the hands of none other than this twisted sister! And tonight, another man will fall prey to the horror...
Published July 24th 2018 by Yen Press

Start your review of Ibitsu
Stewart Tame
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super creepy!

Horror comics live or die by their atmosphere, and this one has plenty of it. An urban legend tells of a girl in Gothic Lolita garb who appears by a trash heap in the dead of night. She asks anyone who encounters her, “Would you have a little sister?” But don't answer or your fate is sealed …

Our story revolves around a young man, Kazuki, who encounters the aforementioned girl while taking out the trash. Naturally, he ignores her question and lives happily ever after …

Ha ha, no. This
Lauren
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Rachel (TheShadesofOrange)
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, manga
3.0 Stars
This is a dark and gruesome manga with plenty of body horror. Trigger warnings for self harm. The plot was quite simplistic, which unfortunately affected my overall enjoyment of the story.
bookreaderinluv but she's tired too
Wow this was really creepy and gave me goosebumps. Honestly I think I already read this manga when I was thirteen or fourteen, so I wasn't that surprised cause I already remembered how it ended. But still a good story, with a good view of the past of the lolita girl, and a decent drawing of gore scene. Really recommended if you like creepypasta and urban legends.
lexi ✨
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
i just finished reading this & damn i wasn’t expecting that whole backstory with the doctor or anything, i like how there was a bit of depth to this & how pieces of the story were slowly coming together throughout.

this was my first manga as well & i did enjoy it, as i read more hopefully i’ll be better at formulating my thoughts & reviews
Nicholas Driscoll
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Maria João
Well, I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyway...
Lauren
Jul 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, manga
*3.5*

Very creepy and unsettling
Amanda
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was very creepy and disturbing. I enjoyed the ending and thought it was perfect for the story, but can understand why some people might not like it.
Elizabeth
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Kazuki walks towards the dumpster by his building one night and encounters a young woman in a dirty lolita style outfit. She asks him if he would have a sister and he says yes, as in he has one. Then this girl follows him and even breaks into his house, insisting she is his little sister and generally freaking everyone out. How far will she go to fulfill this delusion? Why is she doing all this?

Ibitsu is a horror manga centered around an urban legend. A demon lolita asks passersby a question and
Alexander Engel-Hodgkinson
2.9/5

You know what I hate? When random side characters ask the protagonist if they've heard of the exact legend/news story/whatever that the protagonist has just encountered in the opening chapter/scene, and then go into details about it, not for the protagonist's benefit, but for ours. It's lazy and usually handled with a certain amount of jarring awkwardness, brought up out of the blue in the most random points in conversations. Ibitsu's translation in this omnibus does it twice, and even then
Blake Harris
Between Meh and Bleh

Mediocre and boorish. I have no issue with gore and such, unfortunately this is the sort of work that thinks horror is just blood, guts, and demented behaviour. Characters are bland, villain is bland, and the twists are bland. The concept drew me ( thus 2 stars ) in but the execution is just sloppy. Read a different horror manga, because life is too short to waste on boorish manga that wouldn't make a gerbil's spine tingle.
Jason
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it
There's a decent horror story here, along with some nice artwork. Just nothing really special in my opinion. It was a fun ride, but the ending left me with a big question that I'll never get the answer to. Check it out if you absolutely love horror manga. Otherwise, move along.
Maja Madsen
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
3,5 stars
This was a very gory and gruesome manga, with some very graphic scenes.
TW: Self-harm, child abuse, gore, incest, mutilation.
Lör K.
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5 / 5
Read: February 12th 2019
Read for MAL's Manga Reading Challenge - Read a series with one to five volumes

Recommended on a list of top horror mangas to read, I added Ibitsu to my to read list a short while ago; seeing a challenge to read a manga series that was only 1-5 volumes, I very happily headed over to Ibitsu, settled down and started reading it.

The artwork on the cover was what originally drew me to this; it's unsettling, it looks creepy enough and I was actually prepared for
connie
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror
Jessica
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my introduction to the manga genre, and to be honest, I was skeptical as to how creepy and scary it would be. Oh boy, was I wrong! I always love to get recommendations from my local bookstores and this one hit the nail on the head for me.

“There’s an urban legend that says late at night, sometimes a young girl dressed in gothic lolita clothing will appear by garbage dumps to ask a question. Any who answer will, without fail, die a twisted death. And tonight, another young boy will find h
Collin Henderson
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it
A girl in gothic Lolita attire sits at night asking passerbys if they would have a sister. And this happens to Kazuki one night, and from there things get very bad.

This is a frustrating one, because the urban legend element is very cool and the artwork is super horrific and disturbing, often times passing into sleaze territory. But on a narrative level its not strictly satisfying, but maybe its just me. I tend not to gravitate towards "endless unstoppable cycle of horror" stories because for me
Nelson
May 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
This manga reads like a horror B-movie. If that sounds fun to you, pick this up. As a whole, I'd say the quality is lacking, in both story and art. There were some instances of good horror pacing and paneling, but as a whole the suspense felt lacking. The art is as basic as it gets for a good 75% of the manga, but sometimes it improves dramatically for some of the more gory or stylized scenes. These can look shockingly good, but it's mostly because of how bland the rest of it is. Still, if you'r ...more
Ivy
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
The plot was rather simplistic and in my opinion, really led nowhere in the end. Guaranteed, there were some disturbing parts here and there but the overall incline towards senseless gore and murdering during the last half of the book really left me out of it.

I really did not see the point of the book. I really hated the ending and it did nothing except for making me feel insanely sympathetic towards the main character. Honestly, the concept was interesting. I just think it could’ve been some b
Domini Phillips ~Bookish Friends Reviews~
Not much going on in Ibitsu. The story circles around an urban legend where a girl dressed in a lolita outfit sits near a garbage drop. She will ask a passerby if he would have a sister? Either way he answers it will not work out well in the end. Not much substance or back ground to her story. If you plan on reading this you might want to hit up your library. For the cost of the book you do not get your monies worth. Can't really recommend this to anyone.
daisy
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
over-simplistic storyline, fairly unengaging, but the illustrations are v sinister! all in all an overwhelmingly uncomfortable read, which was exciting, but i was very unsettled afterwards (maybe just because i’m a wuss lmao). scary, yes, but no match for someone like ito!
Kristian Dobson
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Gruesome, tense, and sufficiently spooky. One of the best horror manga's I've read, easy.

5/5
Piper Winchester
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
creepy and awesome.
love me some Urban Legends.
I don't normally see Lolitas around but if I do, I'm keeping an eye on her
Kate
Oct 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Typical sexualized violence passed off as horror.
Ericka
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Extremely twisted and not for the weak of stomach.
Katie Williams
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
I found the story pretty uninteresting, I wasn't a huge fan of the art and the story seemed unnecessary by the end.
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very creepy story of an urban legend. A lot of graphic gore throughout the manga.
Yuiko
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I love horror stories but this one just didn't get it for me I ended up being bored with it
Michael Sorbello
Synopsis: Kazuki, a young college student living in a small apartment building, is taking out his trash one night when he sees a disheveled young woman dressed in lolita-style clothing sitting in the street by the neighborhood trash pile. She asks Kazuki if he wants a little sister, and his answer unknowingly turns his life into a living nightmare. He just made himself a victim of an urban legend.

Review: There were a couple of good scares and the backstory of the evil girl was somewhat intriguin
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Junji Ito's Dissolving Classroom
  • Gyo
  • Zashiki Onna
  • Frankenstein
  • 後遺症ラジオ 1 [Kouishou Radio 1] (PTSD Radio, #1)
  • Uzumaki