Start by marking “Ibitsu” as Want to Read:
Ibitsu

Ibitsu

There's an urban legend that says late at night, sometimes a young girl dressed in gothic lolita clothing will appear by garbage dumps to ask a question. Any who answer will, without fail, die a twisted death. And tonight, another young boy will find himself enveloped by this horror...
Published July 24th 2018 by Yen Press

To ask other readers questions about Ibitsu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ibitsu

Rachel (TheShadesofOrange)
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, manga
3.0 Stars
This is a dark and gruesome manga with plenty of body horror. Trigger warnings for self harm. The plot was quite simplistic, which unfortunately affected my overall enjoyment of the story.
Stewart Tame
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super creepy!

Horror comics live or die by their atmosphere, and this one has plenty of it. An urban legend tells of a girl in Gothic Lolita garb who appears by a trash heap in the dead of night. She asks anyone who encounters her, “Would you have a little sister?” But don't answer or your fate is sealed …

Our story revolves around a young man, Kazuki, who encounters the aforementioned girl while taking out the trash. Naturally, he ignores her question and lives happily ever after …

Ha ha, no. This
Lauren
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Nicholas Driscoll
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Elizabeth
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Kazuki walks towards the dumpster by his building one night and encounters a young woman in a dirty lolita style outfit. She asks him if he would have a sister and he says yes, as in he has one. Then this girl follows him and even breaks into his house, insisting she is his little sister and generally freaking everyone out. How far will she go to fulfill this delusion? Why is she doing all this?

Ibitsu is a horror manga centered around an urban legend. A demon lolita asks passersby a question and
Maria João
Well, I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyway...
Lör K.
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5 / 5
Read: February 12th 2019
Read for MAL's Manga Reading Challenge - Read a series with one to five volumes

Recommended on a list of top horror mangas to read, I added Ibitsu to my to read list a short while ago; seeing a challenge to read a manga series that was only 1-5 volumes, I very happily headed over to Ibitsu, settled down and started reading it.

The artwork on the cover was what originally drew me to this; it's unsettling, it looks creepy enough and I was actually prepared for
Jessica
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my introduction to the manga genre, and to be honest, I was skeptical as to how creepy and scary it would be. Oh boy, was I wrong! I always love to get recommendations from my local bookstores and this one hit the nail on the head for me.

“There’s an urban legend that says late at night, sometimes a young girl dressed in gothic lolita clothing will appear by garbage dumps to ask a question. Any who answer will, without fail, die a twisted death. And tonight, another young boy will find h
Collin Henderson
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it
A girl in gothic Lolita attire sits at night asking passerbys if they would have a sister. And this happens to Kazuki one night, and from there things get very bad.

This is a frustrating one, because the urban legend element is very cool and the artwork is super horrific and disturbing, often times passing into sleaze territory. But on a narrative level its not strictly satisfying, but maybe its just me. I tend not to gravitate towards "endless unstoppable cycle of horror" stories because for me
Maddie
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, manga, owned
Creepy and pretty graphic at times...
Never talk to weird looking people hanging by the garbage dump at night!

A Japanese urban legend says that there is a demon lolita hanging by the garbage dump. When a boy goes to take out his garbage, she asks him if he would have a little sister. Whatever his answer is, he will start down a torturous path that is doomed to end in a gruesome death.

This was a creepy, fast-paced and ultimately, fun manga. I really enjoyed the two side stories too. Looking forw
Blake Harris
Between Meh and Bleh

Mediocre and boorish. I have no issue with gore and such, unfortunately this is the sort of work that thinks horror is just blood, guts, and demented behaviour. Characters are bland, villain is bland, and the twists are bland. The concept drew me ( thus 2 stars ) in but the execution is just sloppy. Read a different horror manga, because life is too short to waste on boorish manga that wouldn't make a gerbil's spine tingle.
Vanya Prodanova
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-manga
That was creepy as hell.
Не беше добра идея да чета тази манга в 11 часа вечерта. Ох, как се наказах с нея..
Kristian Dobson
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gruesome, tense, and sufficiently spooky. One of the best horror manga's I've read, easy.

5/5
Piper Winchester
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
creepy and awesome.
love me some Urban Legends.
I don't normally see Lolitas around but if I do, I'm keeping an eye on her
Andreas
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-horror
How do you feel about gore in horror fiction? I think that is an important question to take into consideration for the prospective reader of Ibitsu. Some may prefer purely cosmic dread. Personally, I do not give gore priority, but grisliness does not have to be a dealbreaker. The main question for me is if the gory bits make me feel nauseous rather than scared. When it comes to this manga I am sitting on the fence.

If you prefer cute monsters in gothic lolita garb, like, say, Shalltear Bloodfalle
Ellie Ramirez
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
TW: murder, graphic violence, physical and emotional abuse, captivity, self-harm, mutilation and basically everything under the sun that correlates to works of horror.

This revolves around Kazuki Itou being haunted by the urban legend that is the Demon Lolita. This Lolita appears at garbage drops and asks "Would you have a little sister?" This happens to be a trick question as either way you answer, death will follow.

The plot is pretty simplistic and there was little character development, as it
Abby
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kain
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great art work and very creepy story. Although there have been quite a few reviews saying that this is a weak story I think that you just have to be patient. In a generation of people who are in too much of a hurry of course they would get bored and stop reading or just think it drag's out too much but I think it made the story much more tense and thrilling. Lot's of wonderfully gory scenes for the horror lovers and two very simple but fun short stories included.
Holly
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
3.75??????
I don’t know I have major mixed feelings
Yeah, this was the creepy vibe I wanted out of it but it was also very gross when it came to looking at women? Constant upskirt shots, naked women and skittles breasts, it honestly just grossed me out and took away from the storyline. Maybe this is just me being sensitive but I was not a fan of those things. Other than that it was a decent read. My very first manga, finished in 40 mins!!!
Daijhanna
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great read! The beginning was a little slow, which made me put it down on my first try, but when it picks up later on-- man! I even really liked both side stories, which I thought were strange to have in the middle of a story, but ended up being REALLY awesome, and good breaks from the main plot. Definitely would recommend!
Kat
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This book was a wild ride from start to finish. The ending was a twist I wasn't expecting. While the book is horror-themed, there's a lot of dark humor in a lot of the events. The art style conveys the atmosphere without being overdone to the point of ridiculousness, unlike other horror graphic novels. I would definitely recommend this one to anyone who enjoys horror.
Shell Senseless
A decent enough horror story, but really didn't enjoy how the female characters were sexualised, and was weirded out by the writers inclusion of girls pissing themselves when scared (happened a number of times). The mini doll story was really creepy though, and the other little story was essentially Misery by Stephen King.
Dani (ダニ)
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Well, this was creepy as hell. For me at least haha. It's gory, dark, bloody and pretty graphic. The Urban legend story was pretty interesting and I liked the whole thing a lot. Definitely a 100% horror Manga perfect for this time of the year.
Hailey Kegyulics
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Weird and creepy.
SkeletonJester
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ibitsu was disturbing, gory, and excellent. The art style and character designs were great, especially the Demon Lolita. Overall, a great manga!
Emma
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the first manga book I had read and I thought it was fantastic...weird and creepy but good.
Smileena
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Creepy if over the top. I enjoyed the side story.
Heather Brush
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a deliciously dark and twisted tale! Everyone loves a good urban legend...er, well, I do anyway. Loved the side stories too. Especially the parting shot about the editor. Sweet art throughout!
Kate
Oct 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Typical sexualized violence passed off as horror.
Shawna (BacchusVines)
I do not do horror. This book is exactly the kind of horror I do not like. It's too creepy >_>

So, I say it did it's job for me, being all horror-y.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »