Start by marking “Foraging with Kids” as Want to Read:
Foraging with Kids

Foraging with Kids

A fun, informative and practical introduction to safely foraging with kids, from the UK's bestselling foraging author.

In today's world of increasingly sedentary lifestyles and a growing detachment from the food that we eat, it has never been more important to encourage children to put down their screens, get outside and engage with the natural world around them. Foraging w
Published September 18th 2018 by Nourish

To ask other readers questions about Foraging with Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Foraging with Kids

Start your review of Foraging with Kids
Gemma
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for an arc of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I love, love ,love this book. It is packed full of so much information all in one place. it really could take the place of several books.

The recommendation to get to know plants by drawing them and labeling them is brilliant, both for adults and children, to study them with a magnifying glass is also brilliant, a super way to bring you up close and personal with nature .
The calendar is easy to underst
Clare O'Beara
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
While I enjoyed this book, in my e-ARC the photos did not show up properly and some graphics did not either, so I can't comment on their quality and have to drop a star. Pity, as I love looking at nature, but they are just a small portion. I am sure the book will be very useful and a great source of interest and discussion, especially among Scouts and Guides.

Whether making blackberry jam or picking samphire or ramson, scent is a major part of how we interact with plants which are edible. The id
Patti
CoYoTE
Jul 25, 2019
Amanda Osenga
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really want to give this book 5 stars. As a homeschooling family that are foodies, Zero Wasters and love herbalism- there's so much to love about this book. However, as other reviewers have started the illustrations are lacking. I just don't feel they're effective enough to make foraging totally safe- especially for kids.

This would be an EXCELLENT book for use alongside a photographic field guide. It would also be great for a foraging course, nature group, scout troop or teacher looking for a
Lucy
Gillycat
May 03, 2019
Cynthia
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book leads you through the woods to explore what is edible, with simple recipes included. For children and youth who are not into making crafts, foraging for food in nature provides a bit more daring alternative. For youth leaders who regularly take kids on hikes, this book provides a great resource identifying plants and exploring what you can do with them. The book is written for a primarily British audience, but much of it is applicable to the forests of North America.
John Lyle
Da-Niel
Nov 20, 2019
JustHB
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is an interesting book, but has significant let-downs. It is a little confused whether it is aimed at the child or adult market, as it kind of aims for both. Each section is usefully laid out, with the names in different languages, which is great for the multi-cultural society we live in. It has useful recipes to show off the fruits of your foraging labour.

It would be useful to have a map of the UK saying how common each entry is, depending on where you are. There are black line drawings,
Meghan Edwards

• The Familiars
  • We Are the Gardeners
  • The Wonder Garden
  • Migration: Incredible Animal Journeys
  • Release (Off Balance, #3)
  • Execution (Off Balance, #2)
  • Twist (Off Balance, #4)
  • Aunt Dimity and the Wishing Well (Aunt Dimity Mystery #19)
  • The State of Us
  • A Banquet of Consequences (Inspector Lynley, #19)
  • Cheesemaking