Start by marking “Claris: The Chicest Mouse in Paris” as Want to Read:
Claris: The Chicest Mouse in Paris

Claris: The Chicest Mouse in Paris

(The Claris Collection #1)

An infectious rhyming tale about courage, compassion and a stylish little mouse, from international fashion illustrator Megan Hess.

Claris: The Chicest Mouse in Paris follows an adorable mouse who dreams of moving to Paris to follow her fashion dreams. One day, she bravely takes the leap – only to find a mean little girl with a horrible-looking cat standing in the way of he
Published August 7th 2018 by Hardie Grant Egmont

To ask other readers questions about Claris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claris

Mari
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Très chic :D
Cat
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
"Claris hugged her new friend and she said, "I believe
you should always be brave and help someone in need.
Because nothing's more stylish in life than compassion -
it matches so well with a good dash of fashion!"
Abigail
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Readers Looking for Picture-Books Featuring Fashion and/or Paris
Claris the mouse loves fashion, and dreams of traveling to Paris in order to pursue her passion in this rhyming picture-book romp. Ignoring the indifference of her fellow mice, she hitches a ride on a hot-air balloon piloted by two stylish frogs, and soon finds herself in the fashion capital of the world. Here she discovers the perfect living space, only to find out it is inhabited by a dreadful little girl and her terrible cat. Is it the end of the dream? Or will kindhearted Claris find a way t ...more
Jenna (Bookiemoji)
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful book, inside and out! And that’s the whole purpose of the story, which teaches readers - both young and old - about going for our dreams, having compassion and finding friends in the most unexpected places is always a possibility! (I love telling my customers that there’s a “surprise twist” near the end of the book!) I cannot wait for more about Claris’ adventures in Paris!

Hands down, this is my favorite picture book of 2018.
Sophie Jones
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I knew that I would love this book as soon as I laid eyes on it. Megan Hess's illustrations are breathtakingly beautiful and the story she details is so magical. Hess' protagonist, Claris, is an ambitious mouse who makes her own dresses, adores couture and dreams of moving to Paris to pursue a career in fashion. Along the way she comes into conflict with a spoilt penthouse princess and a menacing cat, but will they stand in the way of her dreams? ☁🎀🗼

Aside from the enchanting story, the main feat
Mary Ann
Love the fashion infused illustrations, but the story had some significant plot holes.
Brooke(worm)
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
This is a really cute rhyming story, and as usual, the illustrations were sublime.

The story is all about Claris, who is a quite little mouse who lives on the outskirts of Paris but always dreams of living in the big city, surrounded by beautiful things. Then one day, two very chic frogs whisk her away to the heart of Paris. Claris quickly has to adapt to all the new aspects of her new life and find a place to live. She befriends a cat who helps her make a life for herself, and even helps her wit
Jessica
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a visually stunning book in a whimsically childish way but the plot and rhyme scheme made me cringe a little bit at the thought of gifting it. I'm a BIG fan of Megan Hess' work so I have had this on my wish list since she posted about it on Instagram. My niece is about to turn 5 so I finally had the perfect reason (read: excuse) to buy it for my unicorn, purse, and tutu loving mini girlfriend. In reading it just now, I'm glad I strictly bought it for the fashion. Some of the rhymes are a ...more
Laura Thomas
This gorgeous picture book caught my eye in the bookstore immediately—a fashionable little mouse named Claris—in Paris, what could be cuter? The illustrations are absolutely stunning from start to finish, coupled with a sweet rhyming tale of a courageous mouse fashionista who shows compassion and kindness to a long-suffering cat. This is acclaimed fashion illustrator Megan Hess' first children's book and will appeal to readers young and old with its attention to detail throughout. Fabulous!
df parizeau
A cute kids book with a lesson that isn't too overwrought or saccharine. Maybe a tad superficial due to the fashion heavy content, but one might expect this coming from an author who is a fashion designer themselves.
Kristina Jean Lareau
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picturebook

Decent illustrations with a clear emphasis on fashion. The rhymes were stilted and the incorporation of French only to suit rhymes and rhythms doesn't work to create a cohesive narrative.
Lynn
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it
A treat for little fashionistas!
Michele
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, paris
So so pretty!!!
S Isa
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kaius
A beautifully illustrated children's book. It definitely brought back all my childhood/teenage dreams of running off to Paris.
Sami Passlow
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely adorable. I love the illustrations and the story. I love the fashion that was involved and the creatures were cute as a button. I’m excited for the sequel to come out.
Diane
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Soooo sweet.
Sara
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read while in London (of all places to read about a mouse in Paris) in the Harrods bookstore. Cute little rhyming storybook.
Ellie
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
So beautiful!!!
Tina
The illustrations, concept, and gold-tipped pages are gorgeous! However, unfortunately, can't award the 5🌟 because the rhyme scheme is forced. Still lovely💖🌹
Vanessa
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful book
J.L. Slipak
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
MY THOUGHTS:

I received this book in exchange for my honest review.

On first glance, this is a gorgeous presentation of a book. It’s hardcover, in white, with pinks and gold accents, gold foil pages and amazing artwork.

I absolutely love Claris. The illustrations throughout the book work wonder for the story, which falls a bit flat at times. But for a first picture book, this isn’t too bad.

Claris is cute and I love all her little outfits, color-coordinated ensembles. The idea of a fashionable mouse
Michelle (FabBookReviews)

Noted fashion illustrator, designer, and art director Megan Hess (who has taken on clients from Versace to Vanity Fair, Bergdorf Goodman to Fendi, and authored and illustrated multiple books), turns to the world of picture books with an utterly charming story told in rhyme, featuring the incredibly chic mouse Claris. When we meet Claris, she is living "in the mountains of France", and dreaming of "moving to Paris". A chance encounter with "a hot air balloon, like a golden soufflé, bearing two st
Clarissa
Mar 15, 2019
Marianne
Jan 24, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Megan Hess was destined to draw.

An initial career in graphic design evolved into art direction for some of the world’s leading design agencies. In 2008 Hess illustrated the New York Times number one selling book Sex And The City - written by Candace Bushnell. She has since illustrated portraits for Vanity Fair and Time, created iconic accessories for Henri Bendel and illustrated the windows of Ber

The Claris Collection (2 books)
  • Claris: Fashion Show Fiasco