Start by marking “The Promise (DS Imogen Grey #4)” as Want to Read:
The Promise (DS Imogen Grey #4)

The Promise

(DS Imogen Grey #4)

‘All hail the new Queen of Crime!’ Heat

When troubled teen Connor moves to Exeter from the US to escape his past, he finds himself embroiled in a world of popular kids and easy girls. Everyone wants to be his friend, but they don’t know about what he did…and they don’t know about his father.

As Connor’s life in England begins to unravel, DS Adrian Miles and his partner Imoge
Published September 20th 2018 by Avon (first published 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Promise, please sign up.
Emily You could read this book and start reading the first, second and third, considering most of the consecutive tea and drama is in the second and third…moreYou could read this book and start reading the first, second and third, considering most of the consecutive tea and drama is in the second and third and maybe even first book. However, I would highly recommend you read them in the correct order because certain things that occur in the last book will impact your thoughts on characters in the first and maybe even second.(less)

Pauline
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Katerina Diamond is one of my favourite authors and I was delighted to receive an advanced copy of her latest book The Promise. I have read all her previous books and loved them and this book was excellent. I was hooked from the first page to the last.
I read this book in one day because I could not put it down.The characters are wonderful and we get to know the personalities of the detectives throughout this series. I can't wait for her next book. I would like to thank NetGalley and Avon Books
Helga
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5

“Tonight was the night…”

Exeter is not as peaceful and safe as it seems. A murderer is in town!
Someone, who hunts women, rapes and strangles them in their homes. All these women have just one thing in common. Would the detectives Adrian Miles and Imogen Grey be able to find the connection and stop this psychopath?
This was my first book from Katerina Diamond and I loved it! The story drew me in from the start and didn’t let go till the end. It was well-written and the characters were well-defin
Dash fan
4☆ A Gripping Dark Page Turner

The Promise is the forth book in the series, but my first book I have had the pleasure of reading. Even though this book is part of a series I do believe it can be read as a standalone. Although you do miss out on the characters build up.

This is the first time meeting Detectives Imogen Grey & Adrian Miles, I really liked their chemistry and how focussed and determined they were to catch the latest serial killer. Even going as far as luring them into a Catfish s
Amanda
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I could read Katerina Diamond’s Imogen Grey series all day and would not be bored, these books just get better and better.

There is a murderer targeting vulnerable, lonely women online, he meets them and kills them by strangling them.

Connor and his father Jacob have moved to Exeter to their family home from America. Connor was involved in something bad which is later revealed. They are hoping for a new start but Jacob has his own secrets to keep hidden.

A secret woman is telling her story of how
Jess☺️
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
The promise by Katerina Diamond is the 4th book in the Miles and Grey series.
This wasn't my favourite one I felt something was missing and I'm not really sure what it is.
This book is told by 3 different people a dead mother/wife and teenage boy and Miles and Grey the police, I felt I never read much policing in this one,it all came together in the end but I knew who was doing the murders quite soon into the book which never happens. It took until the last 5 chapters for it to really pick up.
Ther
Stephanie
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Before Reading:

But look at that cover!!! 😍
-----------------------------------
After Reading:

I received a copy of this title via NetGalley. It does not impact my review.

Last year I read and fell in love with the DS Imogen Grey series and The Promise was one of my most anticipated books of 2018. I’m so happy to report that it completely lived up to my expectations.

I just love Diamond’s writing style. The mysteries are always so well done and also really character driven. Even though the book was k
Mandy White
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
This is another series that I am a big fan of... so happy to have Imogen and Adrian back again. This is book 4 in a fantastic series and I urge you all to get on board if you haven't already. It has real characters that are not perfect, great, edgy stories and twists that shock you. What's not to love ?

We have 3 storylines going in this book but it is very easy to follow. You will have a lightbulb moment like I did when you see where it is al going. Teenager Connor has moved from the US to the U
Margaret Mary
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime, thriller
Well impressed with this book

Got to the stage where I was enthralled enough to have my own theories with regards to the plot and couldn’t put the book down cause I wanted to find out whether they coincided with the actual plot.

The format of the book and the storyline was superb. There was the perfect balance of descriptive narrative and natural flow of the plot. I particularly enjoyed how Katrina Diamond combined sub-stories that didn’t seem completely relevant making you as the reader try and s
Elaine's Reviews
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Promise is my first book of Katarina Diamond's and I enjoyed it a lot. An easy read, it tells the story of Conor, a 16 year old starting a new life with his dad in the UK following a major life changing incident in the States. Conor's mother left him and his dad 15 years earlier when Conor was just a baby. Conor has a hard time adjusting to life and school in the UK and his dad's erratic and violent behaviour doesn't help. Thankfully his uncle Joel is around to help Conor and his dad.

In a du
Karen
Oct 15, 2018 added it
Review to follow
Kat Dietrich
The Promise by Katerina Diamond is a thriller, and apparently the 4th in the Imogen Grey Series.

Okay, first, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Avon Books UK, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

My Synopsis:
There is a lot going on in this book.

Connor and his dad move from the US to England for a fresh start, to leave behind the stigma and after-effects of a school shooting. Connor wants to lay low, and
Julie Lacey
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book.
I’ve read the others in the series but you could read this as a stand-alone.
Imogen and Adrian are called to a murder where it looks like a date has gone badly wrong. They soon realise someone is targeting single women and the race is on to catch them.
Alongside this story are two others which really intrigued me as I was desparate to know if they all tied in together - you’ll have to read it to find out...
Imogen sets up a false profile to try and find the killer and whilst
Alexis
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is the fourth book in the Grey & Miles series of detective novels. There is a killer on the loose - he finds his victims on the internet and strangles them. The Police must track him down before he kills again. The book also follows the story of Connor, who is a troubled teen with a dark past and an abusive father.

The story was reasonably good; there were a few character threads that came together in the end. However, I did feel like I was missing out on a lot of relevant back story bec
Donna Maguire

I really enjoyed this one, it had me gripped and I read the book in just over a day – I love this author’s books and I think that this is her best one to date!

I loved the characters in the story and how we got to see more about their different backgrounds, especially Connor’s and what it was that brought him and his father back to the UK from the States.

I enjoyed how the story was told from different view points from main characters and I was guessing how
Sharon Williams
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love this series of books. I love the chemistry between the two lead officers Imogen and Adrian. And once you start the books they keep you gripped from the beginning and don't let go till you finish. Would really recommend this series.
Rosie
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and it reignited my love for this series. It pains me to say that wasn't a fan of the previous book (The Angel) and although The Secret was great, it never matched up to The Teacher for me but The Promise definitely did! I loved Connor's story and despite the fact that I'd figured out who the perpetrator was before the halfway point (which I rarely do) I was still gripped until the end. Also, Adrian is a doll and I've always liked his character and he became more endea ...more
Betsy
Nov 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Glad I came across this book ! A new author for me and I do love the Brits !

Wish I had started with the 1st in the series 🤦♀ I hate it when I start with the latest book !
Debbie lost in a world of books. Book worm Niman
Oh yes was so happy when I finally got the 4th book, oh how i have missed Imogen and Adrian, i love how the story unfolds, this book definitely does not disappoint.... looking forward to the 5th
Angela
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you've been following Katerina Diamond's Grey and Miles series you certainly won't be disappointed in The Promise, fourth in the series. If you haven't read any of the earlier books in the series it's best to start with The Teacher, but The Promise works well as a complete story in itself.

In the opening chapters a young woman, Erica Lawson, is found strangled, sexually assaulted and bleached clean; then it happens again to another woman. When a third body is discovered, Grey and Miles know th
Julie Parks
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
It starts off so promising, much like the title says, but then that voice dies and the real book starts.

Unfortunately, I didn't like any of the characters so it was hard for me to root for them or care about the action unraveling.

I also felt like the story wasn't knit together very successfully.

Sorry, wasn't for me this time. But I think those liking stories with and from detective POV will love it.

Thank you NetGalley for this copy in exchange for my honest review.
Joanne Robertson
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a brilliant addition to one of my favourite police procedural series! I’ve loved Grey and Miles since The Teacher and every book makes me worship them even more! If you’re looking for a dark, disturbing and sometimes rather gory series to follow then Katerina Diamond will deliver time and time again for you!

This time our DS duo have to deal with a terrifying serial killer who meets his potential victims via a dating app. And he very cleverly grooms the women he meets online so that the
Jess
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am a huge fan of Katerina Diamonds Imogen Grey and Adrian Miles detective books.

I have read all four books in the series and grown to really like the characters of Miley and Grey.

Starting this book felt like returning to old friends again. We see Imogen missing her partner Dean and Miley going through deep grief over the traumatic death of his girlfriend. The two detectives are as close as ever or maybe even a bit closer than usual!

We also meet Connor and Selina, a couple of teenagers who li
Michelle Ryles
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-read
I absolutely loved Katarina Diamond's first book in the DS Grey and DS Miles series, The Teacher, but I am guilty of reading The Promise which is book 4 before books 2 and 3. It definitely reads well as a standalone because there are references to earlier events that made me want to find out more, rather than feel as if I had missed something crucial.

With many of us singletons turning to online dating these days, The Promise is very relevant and a little scary. It is very well written and clearl
Mary Thomas
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Netgalley for my copy.

Although this book is part of a series I read it as a stand alone. The plot and the characters are so well developed that I really didn't feel as if I had missed out on the back story to the two detectives. There is a lot happening in this book, a shooting in a US school, abusive relationships including physical and sexual abuse. troubled teens and a serial killer on the loose.

This book packs a wallop and gallops along quickly and convincingly. There are characte
Love
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow.
Michelle
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Having enjoyed the other books in the series i was eager to get started on this one and like the others i enjoyed it a lot, fast paced and lots of story lines woven together. I really like the way the two detectives are developing together as the books go along. The only negative i have is that i wish it was a tiny bit longer as id like to know what happened to Connor and his Dad but hopefully thats addressed in Book 5!
Nic
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 gripping stars!

I loved this book. It hooked me in from the start. Chapters told from different perspectives and one of the perspective I was 70% through the book before the penny dropped and I realised who was who.

It’s has suspense, drama, tragedy, and at the centre, two amazing characters in Connor and Selina who could have a book in their own right.

Recommended!!
Kate Ellis
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-kindle, netgalley
I read the three books in the series a few months ago. I was previously hooked by each one and keen to read The Promise as soon as possible (even though I. have pre-ordered it in paperback). The Promise works well as a stand alone, as do The Teacher, The Secret, and The Angel. Katerina Diamond reitterates enough from previous books to remind readers, or orientate a new reader. So, having read the others I had high expectations. I was not disappointed, not at all. In fact I woud say that The Prom ...more
Alison
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Promise is told through three alternating stories. I haven’t read a book that had such different story lines occurring at the same time with family drama unfolding alongside a police murder investigation and a victim retelling their experience of abuse. I really enjoyed this element, and stayed up late to finish this book. I did not realize that the police characters in this book are featured in Katerina Diamond’s other books because this is the first book I’ve read of hers. This book worked ...more
Book-Lover Book Blog
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book from this author that I've had the pleasure of reading and reviewing. And it was a tremendous read!

I found I more enjoyed Connor and Selina's story over the parts of Imogen and Adrian. I'm not sure why, I just think more effort went into writing their bit than any other part of this story. Imogen and Adrian's, to me, seemed a little rushed and repetitive in places. I absolutely LOVED the twist at the end when everything is unravelled, though I did start getting suspicious
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Egyptian Years
  • Twelfth Night at Eyre Hall (The Eyre Hall Trilogy, #2)
  • House of Shadows
  • The Amulet (The Midnight Eye Files Book 1)
  • The Stranger
  • The Killing House (Paula Maguire, #6)
  • Merciless (DI Kate Fletcher #2)
  • Blood Symmetry (Alice Quentin, #5)
  • The Lake House (Annie Graham, #4)
  • The Shout
  • Hunted (DS Heckenburg, #5)
  • Thicker Than Blood - The Complete Andrew Z. Thomas Series
  • The Seventh Sons (Sycamore Moon #1)
  • The Trouble with Henry and Zoe
  • Skin and Bones
  • Blood Mist (DCI Eve Clay, #1)
  • The Brighton Mermaid
  • The Silent Girls (Detective Anna Gwynne, #1)

DS Imogen Grey (4 books)
  • The Teacher (DS Imogen Grey, #1)
  • The Secret (DS Imogen Grey, #2)
  • The Angel (DS Imogen Grey, #3)