Start by marking “Snowdrops on Rosemary Lane” as Want to Read:
Snowdrops on Rosemary Lane

Snowdrops on Rosemary Lane

Curl up with this uplifting festive read – perfect for fans of Trisha Ashley and Carole Matthews.

‘This wonderful story put a huge smile on my face’ Lucy Coleman

Last winter she had a plan.

Lucy fell in love with tumbledown Rosemary Cottage as a child. So thirty years on, when she loses her city job and discovers the cottage is for sale, it feels like fate. She’ll raise her
Expected publication: December 26th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Snowdrops on Rosemary Lane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowdrops on Rosemary Lane

Start your review of Snowdrops on Rosemary Lane
Dash fan
5 This Book will Melt your Heart, Capture all your Emotions and leave you Wanting More!

Snowdrops on Rosemary Lane is part of a series which I haven't yet read, but you can most definitely read it as a standalone!

Lucy has always loved Rosemary Cottage in Burley Bridge and wished it was hers from a very young age.
She has just been forced out of her job so Maybe it's come at the right time to embark on a new journey.

After a surprise visit to Burley Bridge, Lucy convinced hubby Ivan that buying
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The cover totally appealed to me when I started reading this book. I loved the colours and the snowflakes screamed “Christmas!” at me. However, if you are not into very Christmassy books, then this will be for you. This novel covers several years and whilst Christmas does feature, the passage of time means you are transported through all of the seasons. As such, I think this is a book you could read all year round.

Stereotypically, Christmas novels are warm and uplifting. Instead, I found this
Lucy Coleman
A sweet, uplifting story that will hug your heart!

Struggling to come to terms with a lot of hurt and disappointment, there are moments when Lucy feels overwhelmed. With two children and their future to secure, she ploughs forward, determined to get things back on track.

When she crosses paths with James, someone she hasn’t seen since she was 13 years old, his kindness, and patience, shatter the walls of the dam holding back her tears. He has a son of his own who lives with him for half of the
booksofallkinds
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily reviewed this book from Netgalley.

Heartwarming, emotional, and with utterly endearing characters, SNOWDROPS ON ROSEMARY LANE by Ellen Berry is a simply wonderful story.

When Lucy was younger she used to love to visit her relatives in Burley Bridge where she had summer friendships and ran wild in the countryside. And there was always Rosemary Cottage which felt special to her, a place where she would love to live one day. Fast-forward and Lucy is an adult, happily married with her
Shalini
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a book of moments. A book which showed me life as it went through the different emotions. And people living that life had to pull themselves together to get back to it.

Lucy had loved Rosemary Cottage from childhood. So when an opportunity turned up to buy it, she snapped it up. But life threw a curveball when she lost her husband to an accident. She soon started to live again after a year. Both Lucy and James's life were well shown.

My first book by author Ellen Berry, this story
Amanda
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Ellen's work for quite a while now. I have read and loved each of her books to date. I was drawn to this book from the cover alone as the cottage on the front cover is exactly how I imagined my dream house as a child! I read the synopsis and I just knew that this would be another delightful read from Ellen Berry. I got a cup of tea in one hand and settled down with the book in the other and began to read. I thoroughly enjoyed reading 'Snowdrops On Rosemary Lane' but more ...more
Jane Hunt
Childhood memories can be powerful, and Lucy’s love of the cottage on Rosemary Lane stayed with her for thirty years. When her career reaches a crossroads, she convinces her husband that living there would be perfect for their family. For a while it is. Then life happens and tragedy strikes and Lucy is left to rebuild her family, but will it be at the cottage on Rosemary Lane?

Whilst this story is not exclusively festive, there are many Christmassy references and touches, which show the best and
Kimberly
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Snowdrops on Rosemary Lane: A heartwarming read to curl up with this winter by [Berry, Ellen]I suppose our recent snow has made me in the mood for wintery books. Ellen Berry, author of Snowdrops on Rosemary Lane, created a fun book to read.

Lucy Riddock enjoyed spending her summers in Burley Bridge. It was while she was here that she found Rosemary Cottage. So for her 10th anniversary she encourages her husband to move here and make Rosemary Cottage a Bed and Breakfast.

As the story continues sh
Gaele
Falling in love with a place (and perhaps a boy) when you are a child leaves a mark, and no-one needed to explore the possibilities more than Lucy. Having dreamed of the little cottage on Rosemary Lane with the walled garden when spending summer weeks with her aunt and uncle, Lucy convinces her husband and children that the cottage, with a little work, will be a perfect home and business opportunity. But when her husband is killed in a car accident, just as Lucy feels she is getting ‘the hang’ ...more
Amber Hyde
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, netgalley
4/5 Stars.

What a beautifully written and heart wrenching story! I honestly had no idea that this Christmas story would be so emotional and often times, sad. I really did enjoy Ellen Berry's writing as she is able to just pull you into the story that you almost feel like you are a part of the characters' lives and you aren't actually just 'reading' at all.

Spoilers Ahead-

(view spoiler)
Susan Page
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A most enjoyable read. As a child Lucy had spent several long summer holidays staying with her aunt and uncle at their cottage in Burley Bridge, deep in the Yorkshire countryside. She hadn’t wanted to go there, but on her very first day she had made some life-long friends, and fallen in love with a cottage in Rosemary Lane, she was determined she would live there one day.

Life moves on, Lucy marries Ivan, and they have two children. Then Lucy is made redundant, and her husband is fed up with his
Joanne D'Arcy
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lucy fell in love with Rosemary Cottage when she was a girl, plundering berries from the garden in fear of the owner catching her and her friends. It was her dream home.

Years later when her life takes an unexpected path, Lucy can buy her dream home and embrace life with her children and husband in the countryside and run a B & B. However, when a tragic accident leads to a completely path again it seems that there is only one more year left at Rosemary Cottage and life in Burley Bridge.

James
Kerry Ford
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I started reading this in quite a difficult time of the year for me. I loved it immediately. The struggle was putting it down to get on with “normal life”.

Lucy has always loved Rosemary Cottage, after spending wonderful holidays in the village and finding the forbidden garden irresistible.
She jumps at the chance of a new start and to make the cottage her family home and business. Her happy ever after.

As life has a habit of doing, things don’t work out as she planned. Tragedy strikes and Lucy is
Mechthild
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When live doesn't go like you want ...
Author of multiple book Ellen berry presents "Snowdrops on Rosemary Lane" which was published by Avon Books UK. As a child Lucy Riddock spent some of her summers in Burley Bridge, had made friends there, and fell in love with Rosemary Cottage. At their tenth year anniversary she show it to her husband Ivan and ultimately convinces him to move there and turn Rosemary Cottage into a Bed-and-Breakfast. But the road is not without struggles and the unexpected
Erin
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fun, sweet book! It seems to be marketed as a holiday book, and there is a short Christmas celebration included, but that's not the true focus of the book.

Lucy was enchanted by Rosemary Cottage when she was a child -- scaling the garden wall, stealing berries from the bushes, having adventures with the local friends she made and only saw once a year -- but she eventually settled with her husband and two children in Manchester and took on a corporate job. After losing her corporate job,
Mandy
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s lovely to be back in Rosemary Lane again! I love Ellen Berry’s books, as well as the books she’s written under her other name.

On this visit to Rosemary Lane, we meet up with Lucy who used to visit relatives in Burley Bridge and stayed in Rosemary Cottage as a child. Happily married, with two young children, Lucy has always harboured a desire to return and when the opportunity arises to buy Rosemary Cottage, Lucy jumps at the chance. They run the cottage as a B&B but her husband gets an
Bethan
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a uplifting and enjoyable read. For a Christmas romance type book, there wasn’t too much Christmas, which can put off some readers - personally I have happy to read about Christmas at any time of the year!
I haven’t read any of the other books in the series and I did not need to really, but now I have 2 new books to look forward to!
I loved Lucy and her children, they were easy to like and to identify with. Lucy’s love for a place that she used to visit as a child, led to change in
Emma
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book takes us back to Burley Bridge, the location of Ellen Berry's previous books. This time a new character Lucy decides to move to Burley Bridge with her family after she is made redundant. She spent a lot of time there as a child, staying with her Aunt and Uncle.
After a tragedy occurs, Lucy doesn't know what to do for the best. She has family pressures, and finds unexpected solace with a childhood friend, who is also experiencing challenges in his life.
This is not your standard Christmas
Mirtha
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Warm and uplifting
A story that will tug at your heartstrings.

Told for the most part from Lucy's point a view Is a lovely story of a young family set on bringing back to life Rosemary Cottage as a B & B in a small rural town filled with interesting characters.. When Lucy finds out that that the cottage on Rosemary Lane , a place filled with childhood memories from 30 years back is up for sale she jumps at the chance to buy it. She quickly finds out that life isn't as easy as it was back then.
Sally Tyrer
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovely uplifting book , perfect to snuggle up with on a cold wet night!
Lucy is such a strong character who is portrayed in a very realistic light.After persuading her husband Ivan to relocate to the country they begin to live the rural idyll along with their two children, unfortunately this is short lived and what follows is the tale of one woman’s struggle, determination and ambition, even though at times she is tired, overwhelmed and struggling with grief! It was hard to put this book down
Michael Cayley
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: general-fiction
A delightful novel.

Lucy, sacked from a job as buyer for a lingerie firm, moves with her husband to a village to set up a B&B. Everything starts well, and then tragedy strikes. We see her gradually coming to terms with what has happened, and growing in confidence. Among the other characters are two lovely but not always perfectly behaved children, an impossible control-freak mother, and two gentle male friends from her past.

The latter part of the book rather lost sight of Lucy’s business
Nicola
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for the free copy to review.
Lovely sweet but also sad story.
Lucy set her heart on Rosemary cottage when she was a young girl visiting Hurley bridge. She remembers an old childhood friend with fondness.
As an adult she returns with her family to run it as a B and B. Tragedy strikes and the families life is upended.

I enjoyed the story and found the main characters believable. I just wanted to know how their lives turned out. Slightly disappointed with the
Karen Farrow
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought from the cover that the book was going to be a romantic Christmas story. Although part of the book is set around Christmas, it isn’t a main feature. The book centres around the lives of Lucy, her husband Ivan and their two children. Life has a way of throwing you off course and this is what happens to Lucy. It is about her struggles as a single parent, the minefield that surrounds that and throwing in a couple of men from her past. Although it wasn’t the book I thought it would be, it ...more
Sandra
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Snowdrops on Rosemary Lane was an enjoyable story with wonderful characters. I felt a deep empathy towards Lucy - one of the strongest characters throughout the whole book. As she navigates her grief with the help of a warm, patient, and understanding childhood friend and a loving and supportive community, the reader is reminded of the true magic surrounding the holiday season: love, family, and friendship. Very well-written and one of those "feel good" stories that stick with you long after you ...more
Andrea (Hammock and Read)
This book is okay, it is not a romance and has a slow burn for the whole story. Also, for a Christmas read it's a little bit of a downer. Its well written I was just not a fan. I’m guessing others might enjoy this book but it wasn’t for me. Lucy also should of talked with someone aka a therapist and it bugged me, that she didn’t, even after she said her friends told her too.
I just couldn’t get into it and made myself finish it. Others might really enjoy it, as it seems to be the case.

Thanks to
Sheri
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: british-novels
Such a sweet, tug on your heartstrings book! Full of love, loss, grief, renewal, friendship and family. It's a beautiful story with wonderfully detailed characters and a rich, deep storyline that is a perfect read for the holiday season. Lucy is a complex character - you can feel yourself relating to her easily. I cried with her losses and was happy with her joys. A satisfying book from start to finish. I totally recommend it.

I would like to thank the author/ publisher/Netgalley for the
Paulette
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Life has come full circle for Lucy. A place where she played as a child with fond memories has become her home. Opening a B&B has always been her dream. But her dream is fought with tragedy and perseverance.A new author for me, I received this book from Netgalley, and it was engaging and very enjoyable. A read for anyone that enjoys a heartwarming story with relatable characters and believes in second chances. These comments and review are my honest opinion.
Jennyh
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a bit of a rollercoaster, with some very happy well constructed moments and some unexpected sadness.
When Lucy moves her family into the cottage of her childhood dreams she believes that she has everything she could ever need. But fate plays cruel tricks and the next two years throw many obstacles in her way. Meeting old friends help, but Lucy has to find a new path for her family.
This family story has an uneven pace with some unfinished threads but overall an entertaining read.
Jacqueline Allan
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I absolutely loved this book. There’s not one thing I’d change. It’s a very chick lit story but fab!! Ellen Berry has created characters that make you fall in love with; and that you root for throughout the story. No spoilers but I would highly recommend this as an example that love conquers all!!
Carmel Breffit
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
From recalling some vivid past moments in your childhood did you ever think they would affect your life in the future?

In this book Lucy loved a particular cottage and became the focus around her life through the most bitter and heartbreaking moments to the more happier and exciting times.

A real emotional story that grips you early on but covers a lot of areas and things in time.

Great read with a nice warm drink over the cold months.

• Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
  • A Perfect Cornish Christmas
  • The Garden on Sparrow Street
  • A Wedding in December
  • The Christmas Party
  • Coming Home to Winter Island
  • Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage
  • Snowed in at the practice (The Larkford Series #4)
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas
  • Starlight Over Bluebell Castle (Bluebell Castle #3)
  • The Christmas Calendar Girls
  • Snowflakes at the Little Christmas Tree Farm: A cosy and uplifting Christmas romance
  • A Christmas Wish and a Cranberry Kiss at the Cosy Kettle (Cosy Kettle, #3)
  • Christmas at Silver Falls
  • Single All the Way
  • The Little Shop on Silver Linings Street
  • The Christmas Invitation
  • The Child of Auschwitz
Pseudonym of Fiona Gibson.