Start by marking “Cut Loose” as Want to Read:
Cut Loose

Cut Loose

(The Sublime)

He was the worst she ever had, so why can't she get him out of her head?

Francisca Rivera— call her Frannie, please— says what she means and takes what she wants. Six months ago, all it took was one look at James, the gorgeous, bearded man pouring drinks at her favorite bar, and she had to have him in her bed.

To say she had been disappointed would be the biggest understate
Published May 31st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Cut Loose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cut Loose

Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
cutloose7
⭐⭐⭐⭐STARS
ARC BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-31/5/18

"Cut Loose" by Julia Wolf was such a sweet emotive read.
I bloody adored James like so much; he was just so god damn adorable in his whole un-surety and inexperience.
I felt almost like we had reversed the roles here; with Frannie taking the part of the take what you want man with the fucking and chucking and James being just that much younger; Twenty-three to her twenty-nine and lacking the social skills and life lessons to maybe quite keep up with Fran
Jess
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s, read-in-2018
review

Cut Loose is an all new novel by Julia Wolf. continuing from her first book Cut short, this one takes on the story of our beloved Frananas, and how even after one really bad night of sex she's still wound up for the hot bartender James who jack-hammered his way (literally) into her head and heart.

Frannie is a girl who knows what she wants and goes for it. She's not one to shy away from things, in fact her motto is don't avoid conflict but confront it. She does just that after she can't keep her
Wendy Livingstone
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Frannie is an energetic, loving, commitment phobia, and James is a sexy, quiet and shy alpha. These two are total opposites, yet the attraction between them is intense. They spend one disastrous night together, and move on, until a few months later and they have the chance to get to know each other. This author has written a truly beautiful story, which is sweet, humorous and entertaining, and I was totally captivated throughout. I love how all of this authors’ characters are all relatable. I lo ...more
Beyond The Covers Blog
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Frannies favorite play to unwind is the Bar Royal,not a dive but it had some History.Sitting in her usual spot and ordering her drink she raises her eyes to meet the soft brown eyes of a very hansom man.

With his Hello he had Frannie melting in her seat,and all heated up.Frannie had a great life a amazing roommate and a fabulous job,what she lacked was the ability to remain in a long term relationship. She always made it so far and then bolted away,she didn't think she was capable of anything mo
Mona williams
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
wow this book was amazing! she doesnt do relationships . only one night stands. she sees him in the bar and wants to have another go. only he is really shy and already messed up the first time. one person i cant stand is her mother. you must read this book!
Unquenchable Book
***ARC Review***

There are so many things I want to say about this book, but I’m not sure someone would want to read a two page essay. First off, I loved Frannie’s character along with her gang of misfits. She made me laugh until I thought I had a stomach ache and she made me want to slap her with some of the decisions she made. Second off, James “Beardo” has officially become my new book boyfriend. I’d just like to wrap him in a pancake and smother him in chocolate syrup.

This story is told in Fr
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awww! Cut Loose shows you that opposites DO attract and thrive! Just think, the two most opposite people in the world, then put them together for a disastrous night, then bring them back together a few months later and actually have them get to know each, and possibly fall in love. That's James and Frannie. Frannie the beautiful outgoing commitment-phobe. James the sexy quiet nerd. When you think about it, they don't fit. But the reality of them, fit completely perfectly.

Frannie has had a bad g
Lisa
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5*

Oh James, quiet, unassuming, shy James. My heart went out to this socially and sexually awkward hot man. I am so glad Frannie gave him a second chance and helped bring him out of his shell and with his confidence. The transformation was incredible.

I fell for James right from the start and he needed a strong, confident woman to bring him out. Frannie was very confident in some areas of her life yet in others she demonstrated a vulnerability and a lack of confidence in some areas of he
Jenn the Readaholic
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, how I loved James in this book. Reading how he found his confidence and always held Frannie as his ideal for so long made me enjoy him so much. He was shy from the start and want sure how to get the girl, but he learned and never gave up on what or who he truly wanted. Frannie was a little harder to love, but she learned to let go of (or at least work through) her childhood and her hard lessons that all love comes with conditions or strings and redeemed herself in the end.

This is part of a
S.E. Rose
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Julia Wolf has done it again. Cut Loose picks up with a character we met in Cut Short. And it does not disappoint.
Synopsis: Frannie is trying to avoid serious relationships until she meets James. Can she overcome her issues before it’s too late?
I won’t spill the details. Because you have to go read it yourself. Julia’s gift for tale telling will suck you in early and keep your attention until the very end. These are characters that you are going to fall in love with and root for. And the sexy
Heather Poll
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review! I fell in love with these characters and their story. What I love most about this entire series is the characters are all very relatable. Julia Wolf has a way of not just writing, but allowing you to easily visualize what is going...she draws you in to the story. I want to go to Bar Royal and hangout with everyone!
Gavinsmommaloves2read
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Frannie was an amazing herione. I loved her so much. Frannie doesn't do shy, awkward, or blush but James does all this to her. She can't understand why they had sex months ago and it was bad so so bad bad enough she stopped him before he finshed. When she finds out he was a virgin she upset how can this big alpha moody man be a virgin. James was saving himself for marriage because he ex wanted him to and they were together for seven years and after they broke up Frannie was the next got he was i
Jolene St Germain Triggs
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is quickly becoming one of my new favorite series! So cute and fun and sweet with some really HOT parts as well. I LOVE James! Poor sweet virgin James (well, not anymore, but yeah)! I really got Frannie, such a good person deep down, same insecurities so many of us share. Facing her flaws, owning them, is a big part of this story. I think this new to me author is quickly becoming a one-click and I absolutely can't wait for Eliza's story! I might wish I was Frannie, but I'm a realist and I k ...more
Danielle
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for this book and even if I didn't, I would have read and l loved it! I have read all the books in this series, but I have to say that this one is my favorite. Just like Frannie feels it, I feel the weird pull towards James. Even when his name was Beardo, I had a soft spot for him too. All the characters from Cut Short are back and it's awesome how they are incorporated. Next though, I need either Eliza or Laurel to get a book...but I know who I want Eliza to end up with!
Lori Caprio Tate
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough good things about this book. I knew from the first book that I was going to love Frannie and I did. Her character is do energetic and livable even through all her flaws and when she starts to date Beardo aka James their chemistry is off the chain. I love these books the characters , the plots and the humor. Looking forward to the next book.
Christine Campbell
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
James is omg he's 23 and he's a computer geek n a bartender he's not a per se alpha male but he is domineering. he is awesome. Fran is a little bit older and is great at doing hair. she loves his beard he does take great care of it.
I love how she shows him what she likes and he is willing to do as she asked of him.
you won't be disappointed it is awesome.
Sarah  G
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book in the series, so far. I really liked Frannie and James. Their story was perfect. They clicked from the moment they met (really and truly met).

I think my favorite part about the book was how he never forgot her. For those of you that read it, you'll know what I mean. For those who haven't...what are you waiting for??
Suzanne
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Frannie and James the most unlikely couple

Frannie was a dancer but left to be a hairstylist and she loves her job, her Independence and bed hopping ways. She doesn't do relationships..

Frannie sees this hot bearded bartender James at her regular dive bar, she flirts, see watches him. She sleeps with him, but it was horrible aex so she moves on to the next guy. The problem is that no matter who she is with or how much time passes she can't seem to stop thinking about James.

James seems to be capt
Gretchen Chasse
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Frannie a say what she means, take what she wants kind of girl. Living for the moment and without regrets, there's just one thing she can't move past, James. James is the one guy she can't forget but he's also the worst she's ever had. So why can't she move on and get him out of her head? James is the brooding, breaded hottie behind the bar, a quiet guy who's interest in Frannie is unwavering. Months later Frannie is still watching James and decides to give it another chance ...more
Tammy Deighan
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to say I was really wondering where this Author was going with this story at the beginning but then when I kept reading I was like wow there was a lot to the main couple then I thought. It was very powerful how the author wrote this book. There are many people out here that can relate to these people and go wow I'm not alone. I had to finish it in one sitting because I needed to find out how it ended. I wanted more but I loved what I read.
Misty74
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Frannie is straight talking, a no nonesense kind of girl. But she's also a bit insecure and lonely I feel. Along comes James.....shy, awkward, no good in bed bearded James, who smells of oranges. Read the book to find out how this unlikely twosome become one very cute couple.
Lylian Aguiar
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this! It’s funny, sassy, emotional, hot and such a beautiful love story. Frannie and James will forever hold a place in my heart
Cindy Hughes
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I really loved this story!
It was Frannie and James’ story. Frannie is a woman that doesn’t do relationships. James shy, quiet, bearded bartender. Their attraction is instant! That ended up in a one night stand, that didn’t go so well!
After some time they decided to try again. Will they be able to work through their problems?
This story has me from the first and I couldn’t stop until the end! There were some ups and downs on the road to their relationship. It was a joy to read!
Julia has w
Christine
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I loved everything about this story. Sweet, wonderful goodness! She's a bit older, but debatable as to wiser. He's just so right for her.
Meg K
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Frannie + Beardo forever ♥

I can’t tell you how much I loved this book. As always, the characters that this author creates are so real. I loved James and Frannie. They way the were completely fated had me swooning! I can’t wait to read the next book in the series!
Mary Fazzi
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Wow!!! James is a tall dark quite man that doesn’t say a ton. Fannie is a woman who doesn’t trust love and knows that if it comes to her she will destroy it and the person that will show it. She’s not much for relationships other than her friends. She has a bad hook up and goes on till all of a sudden he’s round her more often and she gets to know him better. James isn’t a talker at all and somethings need to be ask for him to come out an say things. Will Frannie get a chance at love or will she ...more
Desire For Lit
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Getting caught up with the group of gals in the 2nd book of the Sublime series, Cut Loose is Frannie's story.

I was lucky enough to be given an ARC from Julia Wolf and I can't thank her enough for letting me be a part of it. Wonderful story and characters. Can't wait for the 3rd book, Cut Free, coming Aug 2018.

The review for Cut Loose is up at http://desireforlit.com/2018/05/09/cu...
Teshia Elborne
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Julia Wolf is my newest favourite author. Cut Loose was engaging, funny and wonderfully romantic. Her characters are witty and sassy. Just loved this book and frankly I can't wait for Julia's next books. Certainly am now a new fan!
Candyce Kirk
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was very touching. It shows us that opposites do attract and people can bring out the best in the other. Frannie was a favorite of mine, so I was happy to get to know her better. She was basically the type to sleep with a guy and move on. relationships weren't even on her radar. After a not so great night together with James, she still couldn't get him out of her head. James definitely still had an eye on her. He's the shy type though. That is what made this book amazing as well. Frann ...more
Gwen
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this 3 stars but it’s really through no fault of the author. I actually read this one first and then picked up the previous books in the series. I just couldn’t really like Frannie. I couldn’t relate to her much and to be honest I don’t know that I’d want to be her friend. She was a real person with lots of faults that didn’t always outweigh her good. On the other hand, I LOVED James. He was so sweet and lovable and I gushed about him to my husband (who nodded politely). There is a lot to ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Julia lives in Maryland with her patient husband and three crazy, beautiful kids!

The Sublime (5 books)
  • Cut Short (The Sublime, #1)
  • Cutting In: A second chance novella (The Sublime Book 2)
  • Cut Free
  • Pixie Cut
“If you touched it, there’d be much less tension pouring off you!” Marco cracked up at his own joke and I found myself snickering at him.” 0 likes