Start by marking “Heart Beats (Razor's Edge, #2)” as Want to Read:
Heart Beats (Razor's Edge, #2)

Heart Beats

(Razor's Edge #2)

4.68  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
I lived for the rock and roll lifestyle. She didn't belong in my world...

At the age of four, I held my first set of drumsticks.
I was hooked. All I ever wanted to do was beat out a rhythm.
By the time I was thirteen, I was obsessed with becoming famous.
By the time I was twenty-one, Razor’s Edge was a household name.
I was the rock star I’d always dreamed of.

I was living the
Kindle Edition

To ask other readers questions about Heart Beats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart Beats

Reckless Readers
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Trying to save the bad boy is always so tempting. Kathy tries not to fall for Rocky but he worships the ground she walks on so he makes it hard not to. The best way to describe their relationship is to say it's rocky at the best and worst times. Heartbreaking fights cause too much tension for these characters...
So I'm going to be honest, I didn't care for this one as much as I did the first book of this series.
It's not because of the drug addict aspect of the storyline, that's a give for most ro
Bobo's Book Bank
HEART BEATS is book two in the Razor's Edge series but is a complete standalone and I had no problem jumping into this story even though I haven't read book one. This is also my first read from author K.L. Myers.

Rocky is the drummer for the rock band: Razor's Edge. He pretty much embodies the typical rock star, you know, "sex, drugs and rock n' roll." When he meets Kathy at a barbecue, it's insta-lust! Kathy is the sister of Rocky's new bodyguard and friends with the singer's girlfriend. They be
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
I recieved a complimentary copy of this book through Crazy Cajun Book Addicts for an honest review.

Heart Beats is book 2 in the Razor's Edge series and I loved every minute of it. I was pulled in straight away to this emotionally charged story. It deals with drink and drug abuse but also how finding the love of the right person can lead you on a path of being able to deal with even your darkest demons.
I think it's safe to say after reading Heart Beats I most certainly have a soft spot in my he
Britt Red Hatter Book Blog
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
K.L. Myers continues to wow me with every book. Heart Beats ripped my heart out and put it back together in the way only an epically good book can. Right from the first page Rocky and Kathy pulled me in with their instant sparks. I was so engrossed in their story it felt like I blinked and hours had passed without me even realizing. This is one of those reads you just can’t put down!

I adored Rocky. Very much flawed and struggling, he still had one of the sweetest most gentle hearts I’ve ever see
Mary
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lost but found

You just move in the path they want you to walk. The not you had when you first started performing had long since gone. It's a task not pleasure. You find your pleasure elsewhere either a bottle, a needle or some random woman. You think why continue? Just end it already. Then by chance you meet this angel. You slither and need to know who she is. You see she's like no one you have met before. An angel to guide you down your path. But will she agree to be my angel or just want me fo
Ashley Sledge( UnderCoversBookBlog)
Oh where do i start..... I love Rocky and Kathy. But Rocky now has a spot in my heart!!! I just wanna hug him.
He has a drug problem because the pressure of fame and he dont know how to cope with it.
As the drummer the rest of the band depends on him, he sets the pace and the tempo.
He knows he needs help and he does get it, but addicts slip. sh*t happens and im just glad that he was strong enough to call for help. (im shutting up about that now, promise)

Kathy, she is a strong lady, who loves her f
Ellen
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 of the Razor’s Edge series is just as captivating as book 1! Rocky is the drummer for Razor’s Edge, one of the world’s best rock groups, and he’s on a downward spiral of drug usage and drinking that may end up costing him his life if he doesn’t get help soon! Kathy is a real estate agent who is top notch in her professional career, but with her personal life she’s a mess! When they meet at mutual friends BBQ, their attraction to each other is undeniable. But will Kathy be enough to keep h ...more
Nancy Metsch
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
** spoiler free review**
KL asked me to read this before ARC's went out for an honest opinion.
Heart beats is much more raw then Sheet music. It shows the ugly side of what some Rock Stars go through. This is Rocky's story, he's the drummer for Razor's Edge. He is truly 2 different men.
Being Rocky the man he is someone looking for love, yes he has his sister Ellie. But he wants someone for more then just watching over him to make sure he stays clean.
Rocky the Rock star has a problem, we all
Natasha
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angsty, arc, emotional, 2018
WOW where does one begin with this review. For one I loved Rocky and Kathy's real emotions as they deal with his addiction. But their love is one for the history books. Both have flaws and both love each other hard, one is just not ready to admit it yet.
Rocky is very honest with where he stands, he feels so much for Kathy, he tells her his past and prays she is his future. Kathy struggles with telling Rocky her feelings, she is afraid. But when things get to a point she steps up her game and tru
Gwen Shafer
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Amazing

I absolutely loved this one. This is the second one in this series and i have been waiting to read this one . I fell in love with Rocky in the first one and wanted more from him . So glad i got to read his story. It is gripping, absolutely yummy, heart wrenching from beginning to end. I love him with Kathy. They have amazing chemistry and spark. You can see it right from the beginning. She is his saving grace . I was glad to be able to walk through his fight and see where it l
Wendy Hodges
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is Rocky's story and maybe if you have read the first book you think you don't want to bother with this, he was taking drugs and always messing up. I think you will be surprised to learn there is far more to it than what is apparent. It made me stop and think, I mean I realise there is normally a reason people start taking drugs and drinking to excess but all you see as a passer by is someone spiraling out of control. This is just fiction and not real but it still made me re-evaluate my way ...more
Sarah Beth
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A powerful story of addiction, friendship and love!

This book was so good!! I truly love this eclectic group of characters and the strength of their friendship! My heart broke for Rocky and all the pain he had endured from a young age. His pain led to drugs that was much like putting a bandaid on a gaping wound.
K.L. Myers has truly crafted a breathtakingly real portrait of how addiction can be so hard to overcome. I loved how she wrote about the ugly parts and how it is possible to recover and e
Jeanette Oglesby
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AHHH!! This is Rocky's story. I liked him in the first book, but I loved his story in this book. Rocky like so many rockers faces drug and alcohol addiction because of the high demands of being a rocker. When He meets Kathy she becomes his new drug of choice. I loved these two together.

Heart Beats gives us more of the band also in this book which I absolutely love. I am really hoping that we will get more of this bands story in another book. I want/need more of this rocker group.

Happy Reading E
Kim Easley
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GREAT BOOK TWO

You always worry that a book 2 isn't going to be as great as boook 1. Book 2 was awesome....loved Rocky and Kathy. What a story, thanks. Floved it!!
Brandy Roberts
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought Heart Beats was a good read loved everything about it the storyline had me hooked , this would also be the first but not last book I'll be reading by the author .
Coralee Corrigan
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Brittany Slingo
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book delivers

Book 2 did not disappoint. Luckily by the time I’m reading 1 and 2 we’re both out so now I have to wait for 3. But I’m so excited for what’s to come.
Cheryl Timms
Rose
Mar 25, 2018
Amber Goodwin
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rocky and Kathy..wow! They have such chemistry.
Kathy and Rocky are just having fun. Keeping their relationship between them. Rocky has found he likes the person he is with Kathy. She grounds him. Kathy knows that she has to walk away now that the band is going on tour. She just didn't know how hard it would be.
Rocky on tour is another person. A person he doesn't like but doesn't know how to turn it off with the pressure.
Can Kathy stay away? Can Rocky get a handle on things?
Great book! I'd lo
Marcy
Mar 28, 2018
Kresta Cecconi
May 18, 2018
K.L. Myers was born in West Berlin, Germany while her father was stationed there. She spent her childhood moving from continent to continent finally landing permanently in Colorado when her father retired. Eventually, K.L. moved to "hell", aka Arizona where she resides with her husband & their fur babies. She has 2 grown daughters & 3 grandchildren.

KL has a passion for reading and writing

Razor's Edge (3 books)
  • Rocking Between The Sheets (a Razor's Edge Prequel)
  • Sheet Music (Razor's Edge, #1)