Start by marking “In the Moment” as Want to Read:
In the Moment

In the Moment

(The Friessens #9)

What happens when you meet a man you can’t take home to meet your parents?

— “Eckhart has done it again-she is a masterful author that leaves you begging for more!” Katie Orost

Author Lorhainne Eckhart returns with a brand new generation of Friessens. An engrossing big family romance series about family, commitment, hope and making a relationship work. In this Friessen Famil
ebook
Published December 15th 2017 by Lorhainne Eckhart

To ask other readers questions about In the Moment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Moment

Start your review of In the Moment
Heather
The Friessens are back, only it's the next generation. Becky has no idea what she's getting into when she agrees to meet with Tom. He's much older and is definitely not who she'd want to bring home to meet the parents. However, not everything is as it seems. This was a great addition to the Friessen series. ...more
Susan Jordens
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This starts with a bang. Becky is unsure about her future and after meeting Tom she has even more questions.

This is an extremely well written story with so much feeling and intrigue. How would it develop? How would Tom react to a strong Becky? All tension and interest.

As always a great Read and I look forward to more to come.
Helen Lewis
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since I have discovered Lorhainne Eckhart and her Friessen's series, I have rarely been disappointed in one of her books.

The Friessen's are as annoying as most families can sometimes be, but the author shows that being annoying and nosy is really examples of loving each other so much that they do whatever they can to protect each other whenever they can.

This book is my favorite of all the Friessen's books that I have read. It has everything that we want in romance books. A bad boy doctor, with
ButtonsMom2003
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review is for the audio copy.

4 stars overall
4 stars performance
4 stars story

I enjoyed this a lot.

I have over 50 ebooks by Lorhainne Eckhart in my digital library but, believe it or not, this is the first one of hers that I've actually read (well, listened to 😊). My husband and I like to listen to audiobooks together when we're in the car so we started this one while we were doing errands around town. We both got so engrossed in it that we finished listening to it on our Amazon Echo as soon
Patti
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Becky's story. She is the daughter of Brad and Emily Friessen. Becky loves her family, knows that she is loved and that many folks would love to have the support and closeness that she has with her family and the extended Friessen family. She wants more than the ranch life that her parents have. She wants adventure and to experience new and exciting things. She meets Dr Tom Campbell. There is an instant attraction for both of them but he is older. He's not the type you bring to the ranch ...more
Carmela Dimattia
The Friessen family books is an amazing series by Lorhainne Eckhart and I have never been let down by any of her books. All the characters are strong and relateable and this was no exception. Tom is an ER doctor who meets Becky when she is brought in after accidently almost cutting her finger off. He is instantly attracted to her but for the sole purpose of having her in his bed when and how he wants.
What a propostion for Becky who eventually gives in to Tom but Becky being a strong will Friesse
Terri
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audio version of this book. It was my first by this author. The story had a dark side which I really wasn't quite prepared for (dominance). Having said that, the story was good. It moved along quickly and the time I spent listening was very pleasant.
The story paired a 19 year old girl/woman who has yet to start college and a 28 year old male medical student who is very demanding of his female companions. The story also brings in the Friessen family and their protectiveness of
Kathy
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Eckhart just keeps on writing and getting better and better. I really enjoy all of her series but this one is my favorite. I love family sagas that cover multiple generations. As a grandmother now myself I read this story and think what in the world is wrong with these young people today?!! LOL!! Yes, they come from good families but they still make poor choices. Just goes to show that each generation has to do things their way regardless of how well or poorly they were raised. And each fami ...more
Robin Lee
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m so happy there is another Friessen series. This one features Becky, Emily & Brad’s daughter. She is at loose ends, trying to figure out what she would like to do with her life following high school. She has a kitchen accident and is rushed to the ER by her parents where she is being taken care of by a handsome young doctor. After meeting him again, he seems to be a parents’ worst nightmare. I truly enjoy this family and how they all band together to take care of their own. Looking forward to ...more
April
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The queen of the family saga is back with In the Moment - Friessens Book 8. This is a must read for fans of the series.

This book is one of the most emotionally provoking books I have read in a long time. Typical of Eckhart's writing, the characters are realistically genuine and heartfelt and the story is non-traditional enough to cause angst for the beloved Friessen family.

I highly recommend this book to fans of the genre.

I voluntarily read and reviewed a complementary copy of this book.
Janice
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Review of In The Moment by Lorhainne Eckhart

Tom and Becky - 5 Stars

I absolutely loved listening to this story and "seeing" it play out in my head as it was being read. This is another story in the Friesson family and how a cynical doctor learns that there really are families that have a strong love for each other and will support each other, no matter what comes along. Definitely one to keep and enjoy again and again.

**********
**Honest review voluntarily provided from a Complimentary Copy**
Lee Simpson
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Wonderful Story

This book continues the story of the Friessen family. A family filled with love for each other. This is the story of Becky and a man that she feels she can't share with her family. But she learns she can't keep things from her family. Tom has never known a woman like Becky and he has never known a family that truly loves each other like the Friessens. I can't wait to read more of their story.
Janet D. Murphy
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the moment

Interesting story Tom a ER doctor and Becky Friesson a nineteen year old college student. They meet when Becky cuts her finger and goes to ER. For Tom it's instant attraction because no one ever doesn't want to be with him. The challenge begins to control Becky but thank goodness Becky has her own mind. Tom is a really dark minded person but Becky has him rethinking his was of seeing things. Can they find a common ground.
Barbara R. Cady
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story

Even being book eight of a series and the first I've read of the series, it was able to be read and enjoyed. It was hard for me to warm to Tom due to personal experiences and that made it hard to push myself to finish the book, but,I'm glad I did. I have read other books by This author and look forward to more.
Bev
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brad and Emily's daughter, Becky, craves a different life away from the ranch. She doesn't want to be stuck there. Then she meets Tom when she almost cuts off her finger. He is the ER doctor who sews her up. Cravings. An older man. Dark secrets. A tutor. A brother. One angry father. One angry uncle. This was another wonderful Friessen story. ...more
Linda Zelinsky
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has to be one of the best in the series that Lorhainne has written. This book has you on the edge of your seat from the beginning. Becky has feelings for a man who for all intense and purposes seems to have a sinister character. The interactions of the two lead you to believe all is not well. I really enjoyed this book.
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this series! Its such a close init family where they look out for each other and are there for the good times and bad. A family dynamic you wish you had. The kind of family life everyone wants and wishes they had.
Chris
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book. Left me wanting the next book to see what happens....
Dian Griffin
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

I love everything I read by this author. She has a way with words that grip you and make you feel you are there along with the characters in each book.
Lori
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic read from one of my favorite authors! I read this book in one sitting because I couldn’t put it down!
Phyllis Saunders
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Well told story of a close knit family and the struggle to grow up and assert your independence. Love this family.
Luann
Feb 11, 2020
estela licea
Jan 20, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Minus (Burning Saints MC, #1)
  • Grit and Grind (Dirty South, #1)
  • Overdue for Love (Long Valley, #3.5)
  • How to Date Your Brother's Best Friend (Eden Hills, #1)
  • A Single Glance (Irresistible Attraction, #1)
  • Meeting His Match (Single In the City #1)
  • Charge (Steel Bones Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Fair Game (The Rules, #1)
  • Take This Regret (Regret, #1)
  • Accidentally All Of Me Book 1
  • Contracted
  • Negotiated
  • The Bars Between Us
  • Montana Promises (The Wildes of Birch Bay, #5)
  • Endorsed
  • The Diehard Warrior (Navy SEALs Romances 2.0, #5)
  • Montana Homecoming (The Wildes of Birch Bay #6)
  • Masterson (Masterson, #1)
"Lorhainne Eckhart is one of my go to authors when I want a guaranteed good book. So many twists and turns, but also so much love and such a strong sense of family."
 (Lora W. Reviewer)

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3m2c0At
Facebook: https://bit.ly/3k6nP6z
Twitter: https://twitter.com/LEckhart
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lorhainneec...

New York Times & USA Today bestseller Lorhainne Eckhart writes R

The Friessens (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • The Reunion (The Friessens #1)
  • The Bloodline (The Friessens #2)
  • The Promise (The Friessens #3)
  • The Business Plan (The Friessens #4)
  • The Decision (The Friessens #5)
  • First Love (The Friessens #6)
  • Family First (The Friessens #7)
  • Leave the Light On (The Friessens #8)
  • In the Family (The Friessens #10)
  • In the Silence (The Friessens #11)

News & Interviews

Secrets between siblings, grandparents with grievances, parents with problems. If you're looking for serious drama, check out these new...