Start by marking “Summer Fling” as Want to Read:

Summer Fling

Small towns are perfect for summer vacations and summer flings.

The night before tourist season hits their sleepy little town, Emma had an impromptu drunken romp with a guy from a party… only to run into him just a few days later.

After her last major heartbreak, Emma swore off dating any of the out of towners. She had never questioned that decision… until Royce arrived in t
ebook
Published 2018 by Tarrah Anders, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Summer Fling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Fling

Love2ReadRomance
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Summer Fling is a great quick read. I love Royce’s determination, and his and Emma’s friends are awesome! This book kept me on the edge of my seat. I had to see what was going to happen. Loved it!
Tarrah Anders
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I couldn't be more excited to bring this book to readers.

Leigh Lennon
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There was so much to love about this book! I loved Royce. He wasn't an alpha male but he was certainly protective of his girl. I love a good beta male and Ms. Anders delivered. I love the HIS/HER at the beginning of each POV. And boy can Tarrah write some freaking steamy sex scenes! The beginning had me wanting more and more! And this cover! This is what drew me in! Thanks for a great read!
Clau
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: in-english
Nothing special about this one. A summer fling that wasn't really a summer fling, in a little town by a lake. There's a tiny bit of suspense, that was quite unnecessary.
Michelle
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced readers copy of this book and have decided to leave a voluntary honest review. I thought summer fling was a cute sexy story. Also with a bit a drama. It was awesome. Tarrah is such a talented lady I can't wait to see what she comes up with next. This book is perfect for the end of the summer Read.
Maren Lee
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok first thing first: holy hotness. Ms. Anders can write a sex scene. I know this from her previous work but it always gets me hot and bothered. This book was no different.

I loved the sweet summer fling turns to more aspect of this story and I love sexy male veterinarians. The bonus to this book was the mystery and suspense. I was not expecting how it all pans out.

Sexy, sweet, suspenseful. Hoping for more from the town of Sweeney!
Heather Bass
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read from this author and she blew me away. I absolutely love a good stand alone but this story exceeded all my expectations. You can’t help but to fall in love with all of these characters. I was hooked on the very first page. It only took me a few hours to devour this incredible story.

Erin has always been a small town girl. She loves her job at her boutique. Erin has had really bad luck with the men she dates. She has sworn off summer flings for good due to the l
Mackenzie Bibliophile
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
As a summer should be this book was full of love, laughs, excitement and a little mystery. After being burnt by a summer love in the past Emma was hesitant to start another but with Royce's persistence there was no resistance. Summer Fling is at its core a really sweet love story about chance, faith and trust. These two characters together are adorable and such fun to read, as were the supporting characters along the way. I was just as excited to read about them as I was the main characters. Sum ...more
Bobbi Wagner
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book as it was fast reading and pulled me in right from the beginning. I enjoyed this author's writing style as she created characters that I felt were my friends. She made me feel as if I was right there with the characters. They took me on a journey of heart break and new romance. What will happen when the past decides to pop its ugly head into Emma and Royce's life? I also enjoyed the secondary characters as they are just as lovable. I highly recommend this book.
AJ
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this as advance copy and I LOVED Summer Fling!!! Emma and Royce were a perfect couple and the story kept me on my toes with all of the drama they had going on!
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Julie's Book Land Reviews
I gotta say this book was so what I needed to end summer with. Tarrah, you're such a talent when you create stories with such likeable characters both main and side characters were just flawless. And the romance is over the top as usual in your stories. I highly recommend this to every single romance reader out there. I can't wait to read your next book.
Karen Sedgman
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
When a summer fling is more that a summer fling! Loved the story and the drama! Loved the notes and the characters! Hope we might get to see more of the other characters stories!
Maura
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
~sigh~ This was a quick and easy romance that is full of good friends, small town charm, romance and a bit of angst.

One of the many things I enjoyed about this story is that neither protagonist is an over the top alpha. They are both strong and independent and able to deal with life on an individual basis. This story seems to be the start or a series because we are introduced to many different characters. Each is well developed with individual traits that make up part of a hole.

There are a few d
Ashleigh
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Summer Fling is a standalone contemporary romance novel that will leave you longing for a summer romance. Set in the most beautiful of small towns, this story follows Emma and Royce as they both take the plunge and venture into a new chapter of their life. This is one of those books that immediately hooks you and I can safely say I will be recommending this one to friends. If you need a summer read to help escape the cold winter days that are soon to come, Summer Fling is for you!

Emma has one ru
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED every minute of this sweet with a side of spicy so much! Tarrah Anders is a new to me author, and I found her writing style to be talented & very addictive, so she's on my radar now for in the future. I loved how it all started with a hot as hell hook up between Emma & Royce, but the next morning, she was running, because she carries some past baggage about tourists. However, Royce is setting up a Vet Clinic so he plans to stay permanently, so he's going to make her hi ...more
Gail Guerrero
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Four Stars

One summer fling that could change your life. Since growing up on Disney movies I have always been a fan of happily ever after. Then when I feel into depression after having my first child I became a fan of the written word happily ever after. This story pit in the mind of the first romance book I ever read. That new love that fresh start. It was simple and sweet. The characters felt genuine and strong. I liked how they did this back and forth before they
Kerry Baker
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Summer Fling by Tarrah Anders is a great small town romance that will keep you reading page after page.
Emma is used to people leaving. Living in a town that is full of tourists she sees people come and go on a frequent basis. Which is great for her as it means any relationship is short lived and safe.
But when she meets Royce she falls for him a bit more than she would usually. But she knows she has to protect her heart because he would also be leaving. Except Royce is determined to show her th
Stephannie Tolitsky- Swoon Worthy Books /Enticing Journey Boo
Emma lives in a town that is a big tourist town during the summer months. Emma once had a bad experience of an out of town tourist that broke her heart. The night before the summer season begins Emma has a drunken one night stand with a guy from a party. The problem is she runs into him a few days later. She thought for sure he was just like all the other out of towners that aren't here to stay but Royce is planning on staying or so he keeps saying.

Royce after one drunken night with Emma; I was
Amy Stephens
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love it when a book gives me all the feels!

Summer Fling is everything I look for in a book. I'm not sure where Tarrah Anders has been hiding in my reading world, but I'm so thankful I stumbled across her. Anders writing is brilliant, literally. She grabbed me from the prologue, then enveloped me in a breathtaking love story.

I found myself falling for Royce. He is the ideal guy and not just in the bedroom. I enjoyed that he was level-headed, driven by his career, and perfect for Emm
Lisa
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ibbb-year-3
Rated 5 stars

This is a great story and I loved it. The story flowed so nicely and kept my interest. The characters....I fell i love with! Emma, Willie, Royce and the boys. Emma was a wonder...I always wondered what she would do next. Royce is a romantic who knows what he wants and goes after it. Many times I Oohed and a Aahed over him and his comments. The boys were larger characters who made me laugh and smile. They have Royce’s back and even Emma’s. They were great
Debi
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing

5 Stars

I fell in love with Sweeny, I want to go there and I want to become friends with Royce, Emma, Cyrus, Jackson, Willie and Effie. This was such a fun story and also very sweet. It had its touches of drama with outside characters that added a bit of danger to the mix.

This story flowed so perfectly that I read it in one sitting and hated when it was over and I'm truly hoping there is more to come from Sweeny and this cast of awesome characters.

Tarrah Anders won me
Abby
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
Emma isn't the type of girl to go after a tourist. She finds herself in bed with one and thinks she's going to move on and forget this ever happened. However, life has other plans for her and even though things were done backwards, she starts a friendship with Royce. Royce isn't like other guys she's met before and the little things he did for her were so sweet! I enjoyed watching their relationship evolve and see them learn about each other. Emma is a bit skittish when it comes to relationships ...more
Amanda
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was the sweetest and most perfect read on the “unofficial end of summer” weekend.

It takes place in a small town in Northern California called “Sweeny” I picture it as an idyllic and picturesque lake town and I’m ready to book the next flight ;)

There was a ton of character depth, I loved the small business facet. It touched on some “touchy” topics but was beautifully written, bravo!

Favorite quote: “you can’t control someone else’s crazy”

Favorite aspect: the notes, so creative and I lit
Courtney  Hagel-Swinson
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute summer/end of the summer read. Perfect for a day at the beach. Tarrah Anders never fails to write real characters that could be your friends. I really felt like a I got to know Em and Royce. I like the way their story played out and how Royce didn't easily give up on Emma. The notes were a swoony touch to the story as well. There's a little bit of suspense throughout the book as well as the perfect amount of steam which made this a very well-rounded story. I'm hoping we get stories for some ...more
Anna
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emma doesn't trust men after an ill-fated fling. Her town is a summer fun destination and she doesn't date tourists either. Royce has moved to Emma's town to open a veternary clinic with his best friend. Mind you, he meets Emma and has a drunken one night stand with her. When they meet again in the cold light of day, he discovers he'll have to earn her trust. This is a sweet, sexy love story with a cast of characters including best friends and a crazy ex. I loved Emma & Royce's journey. I re ...more
Lisa Hahn
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crazy exs and a summer fling.

This was the first book I read by this author. This is an amazing storyline. The characters are very beautifully written. They both have some past issues to overcome. Him more than her. I fell in love with him right away. He wooed her. I want a guy like that. Writing her a note each time they went on a date. The story was so vivid i felt like i was in Sweeney watching them grow.

I recommend this book it gave me all the feels...
Katie
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By Tarrah Anders
5 stars

I love this author so much! Her books are always brilliant to read. I have to say as well I absolutely adore the front cover, so simple yet beautiful. This was a fast paced read and as always I was swept into the story straight away. I loved both Emma and Royce and they were surrounded by some fantastic secondary characters that were perfect additions to the story. I loved the twists and the turns that they author took me on and I was rooting for Emma and Royce
Laura Furuta
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By: Tarrah Anders
5 out of 5 stars

The story Summer Fling by Tarrah Anders is a new adult romance book. It is a story that I absolutely loved reading and couldn’t put down until I had finished the last page. It had me hooked from the very start. I loved reading about the characters of Emma and Royce. Emma is beautiful, smart, independent, and co-owns her own business. The past has shown her that relationships between her and those there for the summer is not a good idea. When she meets
Aleia L
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
💙

I absolutely enjoyed reading this book. For me the beginning was kind of slow but it got better and better as I kept on. This was a good end of summer read. There was drama, mystery, laughs and love. Emma has been closed off due to a summer romance gone wrong then Royce comes along and opens her back up to romance. Emma and Royce were so adorable! I just loved them!
Michelle Mulvey
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Summer Fling by Tarrah Anders was a sweet, happy, kinda creepy read for me but, I loved it!
The summer is beginning in a small tourist town called Sweeny which is a lake town in Northern California. Emma co-owns a shop with her best friends twin sister Willie. One night after massive drinking Emma takes a random man home and hooks up with him. Only problem is, she has sworn off summer flings since her last one ended badly with Emma having a broken heart. Royce is not your typical tourist. He’s in
« previous 1 3 next »
I am a contemporary romance author who is all about the feels, with the twists of sexy mixed in between. I have been writing since before I can remember. Writing has always been a passion, that was kept it under wraps, stayed on the back-burner and never vocalized or followed through with my desire to be a writer, until I read a horrible book and thought: ‘I could do better than that!’
I am origin