Start by marking “Summer Fling” as Want to Read:

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Small towns are perfect for summer vacations and summer flings.

The night before tourist season hits their sleepy little town, Emma had an impromptu drunken romp with a guy from a party… only to run into him just a few days later.

After her last major heartbreak, Emma swore off dating any of the out of towners. She had never questioned that decision… until Royce arrived in t
ebook
Published 2018 by Tarrah Anders, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Summer Fling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Fling

Love2ReadRomance
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Summer Fling is a great quick read. I love Royce’s determination, and his and Emma’s friends are awesome! This book kept me on the edge of my seat. I had to see what was going to happen. Loved it!
Tarrah Anders
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I couldn't be more excited to bring this book to readers.

Leigh Lennon
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There was so much to love about this book! I loved Royce. He wasn't an alpha male but he was certainly protective of his girl. I love a good beta male and Ms. Anders delivered. I love the HIS/HER at the beginning of each POV. And boy can Tarrah write some freaking steamy sex scenes! The beginning had me wanting more and more! And this cover! This is what drew me in! Thanks for a great read!
Michelle
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced readers copy of this book and have decided to leave a voluntary honest review. I thought summer fling was a cute sexy story. Also with a bit a drama. It was awesome. Tarrah is such a talented lady I can't wait to see what she comes up with next. This book is perfect for the end of the summer Read.
Mackenzie Bibliophile
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
As a summer should be this book was full of love, laughs, excitement and a little mystery. After being burnt by a summer love in the past Emma was hesitant to start another but with Royce's persistence there was no resistance. Summer Fling is at its core a really sweet love story about chance, faith and trust. These two characters together are adorable and such fun to read, as were the supporting characters along the way. I was just as excited to read about them as I was the main characters. Sum ...more
Bobbi Wagner
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book as it was fast reading and pulled me in right from the beginning. I enjoyed this author's writing style as she created characters that I felt were my friends. She made me feel as if I was right there with the characters. They took me on a journey of heart break and new romance. What will happen when the past decides to pop its ugly head into Emma and Royce's life? I also enjoyed the secondary characters as they are just as lovable. I highly recommend this book.
AJ
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this as advance copy and I LOVED Summer Fling!!! Emma and Royce were a perfect couple and the story kept me on my toes with all of the drama they had going on!
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Julie's Book Land Reviews
I gotta say this book was so what I needed to end summer with. Tarrah, you're such a talent when you create stories with such likeable characters both main and side characters were just flawless. And the romance is over the top as usual in your stories. I highly recommend this to every single romance reader out there. I can't wait to read your next book.
Karen Sedgman
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
When a summer fling is more that a summer fling! Loved the story and the drama! Loved the notes and the characters! Hope we might get to see more of the other characters stories!
Amy Stephens
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love it when a book gives me all the feels!

Summer Fling is everything I look for in a book. I'm not sure where Tarrah Anders has been hiding in my reading world, but I'm so thankful I stumbled across her. Anders writing is brilliant, literally. She grabbed me from the prologue, then enveloped me in a breathtaking love story.

I found myself falling for Royce. He is the ideal guy and not just in the bedroom. I enjoyed that he was level-headed, driven by his career, and perfect for Emm
Debi
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing

5 Stars

I fell in love with Sweeny, I want to go there and I want to become friends with Royce, Emma, Cyrus, Jackson, Willie and Effie. This was such a fun story and also very sweet. It had its touches of drama with outside characters that added a bit of danger to the mix.

This story flowed so perfectly that I read it in one sitting and hated when it was over and I'm truly hoping there is more to come from Sweeny and this cast of awesome characters.

Tarrah Anders won me
Abby
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
Emma isn't the type of girl to go after a tourist. She finds herself in bed with one and thinks she's going to move on and forget this ever happened. However, life has other plans for her and even though things were done backwards, she starts a friendship with Royce. Royce isn't like other guys she's met before and the little things he did for her were so sweet! I enjoyed watching their relationship evolve and see them learn about each other. Emma is a bit skittish when it comes to relationships ...more
Amanda
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was the sweetest and most perfect read on the “unofficial end of summer” weekend.

It takes place in a small town in Northern California called “Sweeny” I picture it as an idyllic and picturesque lake town and I’m ready to book the next flight ;)

There was a ton of character depth, I loved the small business facet. It touched on some “touchy” topics but was beautifully written, bravo!

Favorite quote: “you can’t control someone else’s crazy”

Favorite aspect: the notes, so creative and I lit
Courtney  Hagel-Swinson
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute summer/end of the summer read. Perfect for a day at the beach. Tarrah Anders never fails to write real characters that could be your friends. I really felt like a I got to know Em and Royce. I like the way their story played out and how Royce didn't easily give up on Emma. The notes were a swoony touch to the story as well. There's a little bit of suspense throughout the book as well as the perfect amount of steam which made this a very well-rounded story. I'm hoping we get stories for some ...more
Anna
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emma doesn't trust men after an ill-fated fling. Her town is a summer fun destination and she doesn't date tourists either. Royce has moved to Emma's town to open a veternary clinic with his best friend. Mind you, he meets Emma and has a drunken one night stand with her. When they meet again in the cold light of day, he discovers he'll have to earn her trust. This is a sweet, sexy love story with a cast of characters including best friends and a crazy ex. I loved Emma & Royce's journey. I re ...more
Aleia L
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
💙

I absolutely enjoyed reading this book. For me the beginning was kind of slow but it got better and better as I kept on. This was a good end of summer read. There was drama, mystery, laughs and love. Emma has been closed off due to a summer romance gone wrong then Royce comes along and opens her back up to romance. Emma and Royce were so adorable! I just loved them!
Nikki
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emma knows nothing last forever, especially with someone who is just in town for a little while but he might be more permanent than she thinks. Emma and Royce are so great together! Royce’s determination made him even more of a great guy. I love the sweet parts and the sexy parts, a perfect combination in a great story!
Danielle Robbins
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Summer Fling was a sweet summer read. I loved Emma and Royce. They were great together. They had amazing chemistry and hot hot sexy scenes! Royce was so swoony and perfect! I loved his notes! I loved all the secondary characters! This was a great read! I loved it!
Jaime Reynolds
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love summer and this was a perfect book for me to read as my summer comes to a close. Royce and Emma’s story had so much passion and adoration I found myself unable to put it down. The notes from Royce to Emma had me swooning. The story and characters all fit together with the points of view flowing smoothly. I need more of all these characters and I hope more books come quickly. A romantic must read.
Laura Furuta
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By: Tarrah Anders
5 out of 5 stars

The story Summer Fling by Tarrah Anders is a new adult romance book. It is a story that I absolutely loved reading and couldn’t put down until I had finished the last page. It had me hooked from the very start. I loved reading about the characters of Emma and Royce. Emma is beautiful, smart, independent, and co-owns her own business. The past has shown her that relationships between her and those there for the summer is not a good idea. When she meets
Angela
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Summer Fling by Tarrah Anders is sexy, sweet and fun- an entertaining, heart-warming and light-hearted story that captivated me right from the first page. This standalone is one that you won’t want to miss. I really enjoy Ms. Ander’s writing, she has an easy, inviting and sexy style- and is a very talented storyteller. I have read most of her books now and she never disappoints.
Emma is wary and doesn't trust men after a bad experience. Her issues mean that she doesn’t date vacationers eit
Gin
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars A sweet summertime romance with likable characters and a cute small town feel. Royce as a newcomer to the tourist town of Sweeny, along with friends Cyrus and Jackson, hooks up with a Emma his first night after drinking at the bar. Royce and Cyrus move to open a veterinarian clinic and Jackson’s along for the ride. Emma a born and bred townie with a clothing store she owns with a friend. Emma’s past bad experience with a tourist causes her to be reluctant to start a relationship with R ...more
Katie
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By Tarrah Anders
5 stars

I love this author so much! Her books are always brilliant to read. I have to say as well I absolutely adore the front cover, so simple yet beautiful. This was a fast paced read and as always I was swept into the story straight away. I loved both Emma and Royce and they were surrounded by some fantastic secondary characters that were perfect additions to the story. I loved the twists and the turns that they author took me on and I was rooting for Emma and Royce
Heather
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Summer Fling, by Tarrah Anders, is a new adult/college romance that features two souls who aren't looking or anticipating what comes across their paths. Yet, how can you deny something that feels right and keeps coming back? A Summer Fling was a well written story with likable characters that were real and flawed in their own individual ways; adding in a bit of drama with a dash of spice over the summer and who knows what is about to come out! Tarrah Anders keeps the reader on their toes and the ...more
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a perfect book to end the summer with! This is such a beautiful story between two people overcoming past insecurities and hurts. Emma has been hurt by summer tourists looking for a good time then leaving. She has learned not to trust men. And then there is Royce, the sexy newcomer that is trying to start his life over. With a crazy ex, can he break through Emma’s walls?
This is such a sweet and sexy story that I highly recommend.
Lyndsey Fairley
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

This was a quick read for me, but so enjoyable.
Emma lives a small town and its the start of summer, which means tourist season. Shes sworn off tourists after being burned years ago, but Royce is different. While he says he's there to stay and open a vet clinic, she has a hard time telling her heart to believe it.
As Royce and his friends get the clinic ready to open and also dating Emma, his past comes back in a way i didn't see coming.
I loved the flow of t
Tiffany Levin
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!!! The sweetness shown by the male lead in trying to get the female was to realize that he is going to stick around is awesome! Loved that you finally got to know what all the notes meant and made me love it even more!
M.M. m Clem
Sep 22, 2018
Lisa
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ibbb-year-3
Rated 5 stars

This is a great story and I loved it. The story flowed so nicely and kept my interest. The characters....I fell i love with! Emma, Willie, Royce and the boys. Emma was a wonder...I always wondered what she would do next. Royce is a romantic who knows what he wants and goes after it. Many times I Oohed and a Aahed over him and his comments. The boys were larger characters who made me laugh and smile. They have Royce’s back and even Emma’s. They were great
Sandy Melnik
Sep 22, 2018
Meet Tarrah. She’s a contemporary romancer who is all about the feels, with the twists of sexy mixed in between. She’s been writing since before she can remember. Writing was always a passion, that was kept it under wraps, stayed on the backburner and never vocalized or followed through with my desire to be a writer, until she read a horrible book and thought: ‘I could do better than that!’ She ke ...more