Start by marking “Heart of Tyr: (Book Two of The Heart of the Citadel)” as Want to Read:
Heart of Tyr: (Book Two of The Heart of the Citadel)

Heart of Tyr:

(Heart of the Citadel #2)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
In a world where magic is forbidden, twenty children are given twin crystal heart pendants. Heirs of magic, the necklaces are not just a pretty baubles but indicative of forbidden magical blood. Heart bearer Elissa scoffed at her brother’s belief in dragons. That is until one abducted her on her eleventh birthday. Flown to the isle of Jintessa in its claws, Elissa discover ...more
Published February 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Tyr, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of Tyr

Seraphia
The time has come to return to Tyr. The Emperor is on the move. War is coming and he must be stopped. The barrier must fall and it is time to cut a path to the Citadel. Elissa never believed in dragons, always disbelieving and shaking her head at her brother’s belief in them. Then one day, Elissa is taken by a dragon to the island of Jintessa to begin the change that is the path of her life as a crystal heart bearer. Her brother, Ellas, is taken by the Emperor and enslaved to become one of his o ...more
Lana
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heart of Tyr is book 2 in the Heart of the citadel series and Tyr is a land held in thrall by emperor Madrid who is in fact a Djinn but who has married a human and has formed a triad with his own albino dragon Opaleye. He wants to possess all magic so he uses divide and conquer tactics by telling the wizards that the witches had betrayed them and vice versa, so that since the great purge, during which so many magic wielders had died, they do not trust one another anymore. Ellisa and her brother ...more
Lokdyer
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes magic, witches, wizards and dragons
This is an amazing story. I couldn’t put it down except when absolutely necessary. It held my interest from beginning to end. I was hoping Emperor Madrid would get what’s coming to him at the end, but that isn’t to be yet. He is truly an evil man. Using wizards and his army to find and destroy anyone using magic or connected to magic in any way, he pretends he just wants magic gone from his kingdom. In actuality, his goal is to control all the magic and he will use any means to achieve that goal ...more
Thomas
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Elissa is a Heart bearer. She Left Tyr to be trained as a witch leaving her brother behind. Time moved differently for her at her new school. She had only aged a year while her brother would have aged around twenty.

Elissa is one of the few witches to remain alive the purging of all magic from the lands. With the exception of those used by the emperor to hunt others with magical ability, and to keep his rule in place.

In order for magic to flow freely through the lands again, there will have to
LooseBoots
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a marvelous story this was. Much magic with such passion and emotion throughout guaranteed to keep your attention without fail. Full of witches, wizards and dragons . It was easy to bond with the characters although , personally, when the story kept switching to each characters perspective, was a little disconcerting. However, I appreciate that this needs to be done so that you have a more complete picture in your head as to where the story is leading.
You were able to see the characters awa
Tera Comer
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is the second book in the Heart of Citadel series and is just as fantastic as the first. You can see that the characters are definitely growing in their powers and more than willing to work to get the magic back to the lands. In this book we get to watch Elissa and her triad try to bring down one of the magical barriers that separate the lands. With plenty of action and suspense this book kept me on my toes, and I can not wait to see what the future holds for the rest of the series. I volun ...more
Roger
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
My second read from author Susan Faw. I got the first book back in April of this year & just got around to reading it and couldn't wait to read this one so I went out & bought it upon completion of the first book. Another thoroughly entertaining well-written read that has all the makings of an epic with likable, well-developed characters that make you want to read more by this author! (RIP Marley January 20, 2014 - July 24, 2018).
The Mysterious Reader
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you read the publisher’s blurb for Susan Faw’s Heart of Tyr (the second book in her The Heart of the Citadel series), you’ll get both a good sense of the plot and of just how wonderfully complex is the tale that she has woven. Yet somehow it all works perfectly. Elissa, Druzy and the other characters in this story are perfectly crafted and the story, with all its glorious twists, turns and adventure, is quite simply superb.

Highly recommended.
Eternal Book High (Dariana Glez Morales)
Heart of Tyr was better than Heart of Destiny... Though I can't say that I loved it. Maybe it's just not my type of book. It's not what I usually read I mean. I always like some romance in my books & these didn't have that. But who knows? If you like the description then you'll surely like Heart of Tyr. Again, it's just not what I usually read so maybe that's why I didn't like it that much. Hope this review was useful to whoever is reading it...
Ola Adamska
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2018
The story Has so Many interesting places its happening. Characters are really imagineable nad full-blooded. Few Times I felt a Little los t, but quickly i came to understand what is going on.
I will leep track for book 3.
Linda7600
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great story

This set of books is very well written. There is just enough detail to make what’s going on without information that isn’t necessary. The characters are intriguing and keep the story interesting.
Phthon
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That was a rollercoaster of a book! Awesome! The characters definitely are growing in their power and I believe the days of the emperor are numbered. Serves the bugger right. I seriously recommend this book!
Jeffrey A. Dewey
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Better than the first

Better than the first with now action as dragons, witches, wizards & djinns continue to fight for the survival of the lands.
Kety
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second installation in a fantastic series!
A story, where magic, surprises and exciting characters are well mixed together.
You will transport in a magical world... for thrilling adventures.
Crystal
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a good read, but having not read the first book I was a bit lost. I will have to go read the first book then re-read this one for a better review.
David Edwards
Oct 03, 2018
Alan T
is currently reading it
Oct 08, 2018
A lover of unusual worlds, Susan is a masked crusader for the fantastical world. Championing mythical rights, she quells uprisings and battles infidels who would slay the lifeblood of her pen. It’s all in a night’s work, for this whirlwind writer. Welcome to the quest.

Dante Rossetti Grand Prize awarded for Best Young Adult Fiction of 2016, Chanticleer Reviews, for Seer of Souls.

First in Category,

Heart of the Citadel (3 books)
  • Heart Of Destiny: Book One Of The Heart Of The Citadel
  • Heart of Shadra (Heart of the Citadel, #3)