Start by marking “Murder on New Year's Eve (Ridgeway Rescue Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Murder on New Year's Eve (Ridgeway Rescue Mystery #1)

Murder on New Year's Eve

(Ridgeway Rescue Mystery #1)

Ridgeway Rescue Mysteries can be read in 1-2 hours. Perfect for when you're waiting for an appointment or just want a fast read. Don't miss out on this quick, clean, cozy mystery that will keep you guessing until the end!

It's New Year’s Eve and 20-year-old Emma Wright has a date with her crush—well, not a real date, but she can dream! Colby Davidson, the K9 search and res
Published January 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Murder on New Year's Eve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder on New Year's Eve

Linda
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books
Cute short story set at New Years.
Sheila
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Murder on New Year’s Eve is a short fast murder mystery, cloaked with hints of romance, with good characters, and with a dog. Once you introduce a dog, you’ll always have this reader hooked. And the romance is nicely low-key. The location—a new year’s carnival with lights, countdowns and all the sounds and hurry—becomes quickly real. The mystery is intriguing enough to hold the reader’s attention through a short story, and pleasing particularly as it’s a woman’s sense of detail that draws in the ...more
Mary
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
New years eve mystery!

As Emma Wright dreamed about her relationship with Colby. She watched him ordering hot chocolate for both of them.

She was upset that Colby would miss the first word lighting of the illumination of the words Happy New Year 2018!

Linda
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I was disappointed. A good concept, a nice description of a small town New Year's Eve celebration, a murder, and a number of could-be interesting characters. I, and I would think most murder mystery fans, knew immediately who the murderer was. The female protagonist was more interested in a kiss than anything else at first, but her love interest seemed to have no interest in her and not much in anything else. A flat figure. I needed to see why she was attracted to him but couldn't. The expected ...more
Glenda Parker
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
y review today is on the mystery, Murder on New Years Eve. This book is one of A Ridgeway Rescue Mystery Series. This is a great read although very short. I've never read any of this author's work but I really enjoyed this story. The story is well written and intriguing. I'm sure you are going to love it and I'm also sure I will read more from this author.

Emma Wright is the sheriff's daughter. Her single father took her to crime scenes all her life. Tonight she asked her father if she could atte
Carol Evans
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Murder on New Year's Eve was a fun, short mystery, perfect to start the year with. If you read the blurb above, you know it was murder, of course. Emily's youngish, 20, but her dad, who she has lived with since her parent's divorced when she was about 11, is the local sheriff, so she's been around crime scenes and cops most of her life. When she's helping solve the case, she's intelligent and observant. When she's working with her foster dog, a St. Bernard, she's patient and caring. When she's t ...more
Katrina Roets
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first novella in the Ridgeway Rescue Mystery series. It introduces us to Colby, Emma, and Emma's dad as well as two very awesome dogs! After reading the others, I couldn't wait to jump into this one as well!

The Good: Emma is a bit...well, flighty...but she's a total sweetheart and far more observant than I will ever be! Colby is strong and responsible and you just know there's a backstory there that you want to dive into!

The Bad: I read this out of order so this was the last one tha
Becky Stephens
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
This cozy murder mystery was a fun read! With a steady pace and likeable characters, it was easy to love this book.

As a dog person, I adored Molly, the Saint Bernard puppy. Her exuberant personality is juxtaposed to Gabby's, the K9 dog, who was more reserved—at least while on duty. I hope to see more of Molly and Gabby in this series.

I look forward to reading the rest of this series as each book is released.
Kandi A. Hudson
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Murderer Obvious

This book was OK. The culprit was obvious right from the start. The journey to the reveal was the more interesting part of the story. I think the characters were a bit stilted, and the plot needed better development, but it is a short story and a quick read. I'm not sure that I would read more of these as I felt that the story was pretty basic and I like more convoluted mysteries with a story behind the story.
Mary Lou
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
An average read

I consider th I s mystery as average. I liked it because I read it on New Year's eve. I liked it because it was short and readable in a day versus long drawn out mysteries. I disliked what part the dog played in this book . I couldn't get the connection. Overall it was an ok and somewhat enjoyable.
Cherry
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun read as the Sheriff’s daughter and her St Bernard are caught up in a murder

Emma with Molly’s help, her St Bernard rescue dog, help her father solve the murder mystery on New Year’s Eve in her hometown. I’m looking forward to reading about further adventures with Molly and Emma.
Sue Brooks
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet!!! And an interesting story too!!!

I loved how the story started with Emma and Colby on a sort of date for New Years Eve. Then with the clever way that the murder was added in was quite interesting. I don't write spoilers -- but OMG this was an amazingly cute story!!!! And the addition of the dogs made it that much more interesting!!!
Lois Welsh
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a good short read story then this is for you.

I read it while waiting for my Doctors appointment (actually I finished reading it while I was waiting which does not say much for my Doctor).

This is a short but complete story and I will read others from P. Creeden.

I knew where the clues would be and I was right.

Clint Austill
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Good Short Mystery

A quick read that kept you turning the pages as the clues were unmasked & the mystery was solved. Good plot with likeable characters. Check it out for a quick read.
Andrea Johnson
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story

I enjoyed this story, and I particularly enjoyed the interactions of the dogs with the humans and with each other, especially Molly. The characters were not as well developed as I would have liked, but I guess there's not enough time to do that well in a short story.
Toni Murphy
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good start to a series

I enjoyed this short story by p. Dresden and look forward to reading more in the series. A story full of character but takes only one short sitting to read. A nice quickie.
Debbie Vetter
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun read

What great team work, Emma & Molly. This is a fun book to read, the 2 "girls" are both special. This is a book mystery lovers of all ages can read. Thank you, Ms. Creeden.
Fleur
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Fantastic quick cozy murder mystery, I just loved the characters especially Molly! The pace was great and i really liked how the whole mystery was unraveled. I can't wait to read more in this series and get to know the characters more and find out where things go for Emma and Colby!
Renate
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense-mystery
Love reading holiday inspired short stories. This fun mystery with a unique romantic small town New Year's Eve celebration and a delightful young sleuth, who is the daughter of the sheriff and her rescue St. Bernard puppy made this avid reader chuckle wanting more.
Tolu Agunbiade
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I picked this book because I wanted a quick, easy read for my flight. It definitely delivered on that. It's all of 41 pages long and took less than an hour to complete. The writing was decent and the plot was to the point.
Jan
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You just know who did the murder but he seems to have a solid alibi. But Emma and Molly aren't convinced. A great short mystery to fit into your day!
Donna
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice who done it

I enjoyed the book. The author is new to me. It was a good story but short. If you are short on time but want a murder mystery this will work fine.
Michelle Schmidt
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book

I gave this book five stars because I enjoyed the story, it was well written and the perfect length for a good break in the middle of the day.
Kelli
Feb 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Clean. Short Story. Lighter read
Bonnie
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good detective skillz

I remember being that tongue tied around cute guys... How she could keep her head straight enough to find the differences in the photos? Go girl!
Marsha Holz
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This was a great book and a quick read. I highly recommend this book to all cozy mystery lovers. I can't wait to read the other 2 books and hope more are to follow.
Grace Rivera
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short + sweet.

As promised, the story was short, not too many twists, no gore [which is good!!]. But it could have been a bit more developed.
Dana Tipken
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it
A quick read. Only took an hour. A cute story and good length for when you only have a short time to read.
Linda Rainey
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Nice Short Cozy Mystery

This was a nice short Cozy Mystery but too short because I' m a fast reader.
The storyline and the characters were interesting.
Iesha (In east shade house at...)
This was a fun short story. My only issue is that I wished it was longer.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Stranger In The House
  • Untethered (Hide, #1)
  • Death by Didgeridoo (Jamie Quinn Mystery #1)
  • First Impression (Shadow Maven #1)
  • Catnapped (Klepto Cat Mystery #1)
  • Shadow's Dangers (The Last Hope, #1)
  • The Masterminds (Masterful #2)
  • Down & Out (Desert Winds #1)
  • Georgie Shaw Cozy Mystery Series: Novellas 1-3
  • State of Decay: Omnibus
  • Blue Blood for Life (My Blood Runs Blue, #2)
  • A Cat Called Cupid
  • Upstaged
  • Shiver (Prowl Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Grow Old With Me (The Quilt Trail Series Book 1)
  • Divided against Yourselves (Spell Weaver, #2)
  • Tangi's Teardrops: A Single Tear Will Change Everything...
  • The Vampire Hunter's Daughter Collectors Edition (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, #1-3)

Ridgeway Rescue Mystery (5 books)
  • Murder on Valentine's Day (A Ridgeway Rescue Mystery #2)
  • Murder on Saint Patrick's Day (Ridgeway Rescue Mystery #3)
  • Murder on a Cruise Ship (Ridgeway Rescue Mystery #4)
  • Murder at a Wedding (A Ridgeway Rescue Mystery Book 5)