Start by marking “The Day That Aliens (Nearly) Ate Our Brains” as Want to Read:
The Day That Aliens (Nearly) Ate Our Brains

The Day That Aliens (Nearly) Ate Our Brains

A laugh-a-minute, action-packed alien adventure perfect for fans of Pamela Butchart and Frank Cottrell Boyce.

Best friends Freddy and Sal have accidentally intercepted a message from Alan – a spectacularly grumpy, brain-munching alien from outer space. Alan has only one message. Earth is going to be invaded in exactly ten hours’ time.

Soon the police, Nasa and even Presiden
Published January 4th 2018 by Walker Books

To ask other readers questions about The Day That Aliens (Nearly) Ate Our Brains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Day That Aliens (Nearly) Ate Our Brains

Whispering Stories
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

Whilst trying to use his neighbours TV feed to watch his favourite programme, Wrestlegeddon Smackdown, Freddy accidentally let an alien called Alan, from the planet Twang, know where the Earth was. Alan had been searching for Earth for a long time, as he had seen transmissions of our TV shows and thought that we were all daft, and that the Galaxy would be better off without us.

Alan made his appearance on the tele to tell the world that he was o
Strawberry
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mg-children-s, humour
This funny book is also very silly. Freddy and Sal want to watch ‘Wrestlegeddon Smackdown’ and try to get a signal using a very strange homemade satellite. But instead of the wrestling they end up communicating with Alan, an alien who’s determined to eat their brains, by 10pm that the same day!

The story is a very silly one but also funny and it was easy to get into and read this book right away. Every chapter begins with a time, like 5pm, rather than just a number, and the whole book takes place
Katy Noyes
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Totally silly, but a fast-moving sci-fi 'end of the world' comedy... set in Wolverhampton

In trying to (illegally) access 'Wrestlegeddon Smackdown' via a satellite and transmitter, Freddy and Sal inadvertently alert an alien called Alan (yes, Alan) who hates humans to their exact location in the universe. An alien who wants to eat human brains. And who is on his way - tonight!

Freddy and Sal immediately swing into action and inform - their local lollipop lady! And soon after, some world leaders. C
Gabriella
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, 2018
A book filled with laughs, silly ideas and aliens from the start with humor both adults and kids can enjoy throughout. Freddy and Sal are in trouble, they intercepted a message from annoyed Alan who only wants brains and rice pudding. Bring on craziness from presidents to helicopters to annoyed parents. I was giggling throughout and unable to put the book down. Well written with great cartoons to keep all entertained.
Abbey
Dec 16, 2018
Mervin
added it
Jul 20, 2019
I write pictures and doodle words for Bloomsbury, Puffin, Oxford University Press, Simon & Schuster, Scholastic, The Guardian, Disney, Nickelodeon. After leaving art college in ’97, I spent nearly 10 years as a political cartoonist for The Western Morning News before going freelance.

I’ve been published both as a writer and an illustrator for a number of publishers, had my books translated acro