Start by marking “Daisy's Vintage Cornish Camper Van” as Want to Read:
Daisy's Vintage Cornish Camper Van

Daisy's Vintage Cornish Camper Van

'If you like your stories with an added pinch of magic, you'll love this... wonderfully enjoyable' - Heat

Welcome to the gorgeous Cornish town of St Felix, where there's magic in the air...

Published June 14th 2018 by Sphere

To ask other readers questions about Daisy's Vintage Cornish Camper Van, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daisy's Vintage Cornish Camper Van

Whispering Stories
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

After the death of her best friend, Ana is left a camper van in her will. However, the van is in Cornwall, St Felix to be precise and Ana is in London. She knows she needs to do this for Daisy so she sets off to collect the van and head home again.

Upon arriving at the garage where the camper van has been stored, Ana finds that the owner Bob has had to leave in an emergency and has left a young man in charge, Malachi. He shows Ana the van and sh
Karen Whittard
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

I have so much love for this book, Ali is one of my all time favourite authors. Ever since I read and fell in love with Breakfast at Darcy’s, Ali has been on my authors to watch out for list.

After a year of no Ali McNamara book, Ali has certainly come back with a bang.

This is one of the most loveliest, most beautiful and romantic books I have read. It is going to be firmly implanted in my list of all time favourite books.

I laughed, I cried and I had ever emotion in between. The cha
Shalini
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book made me realize what had been missing from my life – magic!! And there were just heaps of it, making me believe in the beauty of rainbow all over again.

Ana inherits her best friend Daisy’s camper van and decides to drive it back home from St. Felix to London. But coming to St. Felix was like coming to a magical place where the soul heals. And she meets the handsome Irish hunk of a mechanic Malachi, and a quiet antique dealer Noah, and quite a few of the town’s lovely residents.

This was
Kim
Shelves: 2018, net-galley
I loved this book. Ana is left a vintage camper van by her best friend. She travels down to St Felix and is disappointed to discover it's in a terrible state.

I think camper vans have a magic all of their own- and this one is storing a secret supply of postcards which captivate Ana. She wants to return them to the original owner of the van and sets about trying to find 'Lou'.

She meets two gorgeous sounding men (lucky girl- Malachi and Noah). Both men have an air of mystery around them- but are ea
Hannah
It's a very easy book to get into and kept me interested from start to finish. It starts when Ana is left a camper van by her friend Daisy who has died. This sends her to St Felix from her current home of London. It's nice to be back in St Felix after enjoyed The Little Flower Shop by the Sea and even better to have Poppy and Jake mentioned. After getting help from Malachi with getting the van back to it's original glory he finds some postcards in there. The postcards are now a major part of the ...more
Ivana - Diary of Difference
This is hopefully going to be my Birthday read this month!
Yvonne Morgan
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just wow....an amazing lovely heart warming read...I enjoyed every single word paragraph and chapter and as usual Ali McNamara has produced her magic in this book. Totally recommend.
Fabulous Book Fiend
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Get ready to suspend your belief for around about 368 pages because this book has a whole lot of magic thrown in. This book is set in fictional St Felix which is based on real St Ives and so the setting of this novel is absolutely gorgeous and there is a significant amount of travel around Cornwall in this book as well so you are in for a treat beach wise. I read this right after reading another book set in St Ives so I was a little Cornwall saturated but if you're looking for beaches to read ab ...more
Nicola Clough
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always look forward to Ali's books as always good but this one is her best by far full of Cornwall with romance and putting magic back into a camper van. It's worth far more than the five stars I have given it I got hooked from the first page. Simply well written with excellent characters and the story is brilliant and wants you to read more to find out the outcome of everything. Set in beautiful countryside in Cornwall what more could you ask for. Would love to see a follow on to this book as ...more
Agi
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, 2018-releases

Ana's best friend Daisy died of cancer and in her will she left her a camper van and some money to restore it. To collect it Ana must leave London and travel to St Felix in Cornwall. Hoping it's going to be only a quick trip, Ana sets off on her journey. However, upon arriving at the garage, she finds that fate had other ideas. Firstly, the owner of the garage is absent and has left a young man in charge. secondly, the van turns out to be very, very out of order and is in a need of a huge restor
Best Crime Books & More
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My reading has taken a huge hit lately and I was struggling to get into any sort of Crime or Thriller book so eased myself back in with a lighthearted read by Mandy Baggot. Following on from that I struggled until I discovered I had missed this little gem, which was was Ali McNamara's release last month. The cover alone was enough to draw me in to start reading and I am so glad I chose this as it was absolutely perfect!

The story starts with a sad premise as we see Ana inherit something from her
Lydia Bailey
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Completely bonkers towards the end but I enjoyed it as a fun & summery read.
Karen Whittard
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

After a year of no Ali McNamara book, Ali has certainly come back with a bang.

I laughed, I cried and I had ever emotion in between. The cha
Joanne
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy Ali McNamara's books having read one over each of the past few summers. So I jumped at the chance to read this latest one and who could resist with that gorgeous cover of the vintage campervan? Daisy's Vintage Cornish Camper Van was a welcome return to the delightful Cornish town of St Felix, the setting for The Little Flower Shop by the Sea and I was delighted to spot passing references to some of the characters from that book too.

Ana's best friend and fellow 1980s music afficio
Linda Hill
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Ana inherits a wrecked camper van from her best friend Daisy, it will be more than the vehicle that needs fixing.

Now, in the interests of complete honesty, I have one small niggle that I am going to get out of the way before I review Daisy’s Vintage Cornish Camper Van properly. Occasionally, the tenses seem to wander a bit and it took me a while to tune in to how they are used.

That small aspect aside I absolutely adored Daisy’s Vintage Cornish Camper Van. Ali McNamara writes with such genui
Kat Robson
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can never wait to read this authors books. Totally escapsits and summer and just beautifully written.
We begin with a girl whose best friend dies... but leaves her a beaten down campervan which she has no odea what to do with it. Ana is beside herself in grief but heads down to St Felix to see what all this van thing is about. She decides to stay on temporary after deciding she would like to complete the van and rents snowdrop cottage. As she begins to clean out the van she realises there's a
Sarah Lee
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Ali McNamara's Daisy's Vintage Cornish Camper Van. It tells the story of Ana, who's best friend Daisy has just died from cancer. Daisy has left Ana an old camper van which she travels to Cornwall to collect. On arriving she finds that the camper van is very much in need of some TLC and decides to stay in St Felix while it is renovated. Her magical mechanic Malachi, finds some old postcards in the camper van and with the help of a new friend Noah, she sets of trying to find Dai ...more
Lisa Houston
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovely summer read. Ana goes to Cornwall to get a campervan which was left to her in her best friends will. She ends up having to stay until it’s roadworthy. So we follow Ana’s adventures for a few weeks in Cornwall. Sounded like she ended up in the perfect little place. A gorgeous cottage. And met some amazing people. Some who turned out to be quite amazing with the huge twist at the end. Just loved this one. Well written and a great storyline with lovely characters
Hannah Symonds
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The paperback cover of this book is lovely, its really eye catching and I love the way different things on it are embossed. I loved the idea of the plot and it really took hold of me, hoping that Ana and Noah would find out what they were looking for. It has an interesting ending which puts a spin on things but it works well. Another author I will definitely have to read more of.
Kerry Lloyd
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. A definite read if you want a funny, easy, summery read.

Ana has recently lost her best friend Daisy, and in her will she left Ana a camper van. This was to be collected from St.Felix in Cornwall. But there's a snag...when Ana gets to where the van is being stored, all her hopes of driving it straight back to London is diminished! The van is immovable!! Ana isn't too happy about it, but there's nothing that can be done about it. She'll just have to stay longer than planned.

Ma
Amanda
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really loved this book. It had everything I expect from Ali McNamara. Engaging characters, a bit of mystery and a hint of the 1980s.
Vickie Richens
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book, looking forward to the next one
Kellie
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book so much. Happy, sad happy.

I could tell where it's was going, because everything happens for a reason.

Even though I knew that it still brought years, happy tears. Excellent read for me x
Simona
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*Book provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

The book has a very sad beginning. Ana’s best friend Daisy dies and leaves her with big wish. It takes Ana to St Felix, a lovely little town by the sea in Cornwall.
Ana should get Daisy’s Cornish camper wan and that leads her onto adventure, a big one.

She finds letters of lovers Lou and Frankie, deals with the loss of her friend and gets to know some new people. Ana is determined to return the letters to the rightful owners and do
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a long term fan of Ali McNamara I was delighted to see a return to St. Felix in this book, and to be able to catch up with old favourite characters, while thoroughly enjoying a brand new standalone story.

In recent years there was always been something in this authors books that will make you scratch your head in wonder, or make you highly skeptical, and this is no exception, and I was almost on the look out for it!

In fact what on the surface is a rather simple story, has quite a few layers a
Zoe Hall
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Wow. This book is gorgeous. I’m not your archetypal reader of this kind of book because I often find them cheesy or whimsical but this story was told beautifully. I really loved the characters who were relatable and charming. A sweet, gorgeous read helped by my love of camping and caravanning. I’m currently in Devon and although this was set in Cornwall, I really appreciate the scenery of the book. A charming and heart warming read. One of my favourite books of the year.
Abbie Rhodes
I was immediately drawn to the cover of this book, if a little wary of the very wordy title. It didn’t roll off the tongue that well, but I didn’t let that put me off. It seemed like the perfect easy reading book I need to have on the go at all times.

We are immediately thrown in the deep end emotionally, as we meet the main character Ana, at the reading of the Will of her best friend who has just passed away. From there, we follow her down to Cornwall, as she attempts to carry out Daisy’s baffli
Anthony
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ali McNamara (2018) DAISY'S VINTAGE CORNISH CAMPER VAN

eBook published by Sphere

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 out of 5 stars

Amazon.com write, “Welcome to the gorgeous Cornish town of St Felix, where there's magic in the air… When Ana inherits a broken-down camper van from her best friend, she takes the chance for a quick trip to Cornwall - some sea air and fish and chips on the beach is just the tonic she needs. But St Felix has bigger plans for Ana. She discovers a series of unsent postcards, dating back to the 1950
Ali
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brit-chick-lit
I really loved this book. There was a lot going on, but it managed to mostly come all together. The only part I felt was a bit forced was the 80's references. I liked the return to the setting of St. Felix and seeing some of the old supporting characters in a new story, and I really liked both mystery aspects, however obvious they might have been. Originally I thought the Frankie of the postcards was going to be short for Francesca, so was expecting a plot twist there, and was disappointed when ...more
Claire Reeder
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you want a feel good, heart warming hug in a book, then look no further than Daisy’s Vintage Cornish Camper Van, the fabulous new book by Ali McNamara.

Ana has inherited a dilapidated camper van which is currently redoing in the pretty Cornish town of St Felix. She plans on a quick trip to go and get the van by it would appear St Felix has other ideas for her. Throw in some postcards dating back to the fifties and an whole host of potential new friends and it seems Ana may be staying for longe
  • Sunshine and Sweet Peas in Nightingale Square
  • Somewhere Beyond the Sea
  • Secret Diary Of A Demented Housewife
  • The Worst Case Scenario Cookery Club
  • A Winter Beneath the Stars
  • Christmas at Mistletoe Cove (Hope Island #3)
  • The Secrets of Primrose Square
  • Sunshine Over Wildflower Cottage
  • The Cosy Seaside Chocolate Shop
  • The Christmas Rose (The River Maid #3)
  • Wicked Wives