Start by marking “Hearts of Trust: A Historical Regency Romance (Searching Hearts Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Hearts of Trust: A Historical Regency Romance (Searching Hearts Book 3)

Hearts of Trust: A Historical Regency Romance

(Searching Hearts #3)

After nearly ruining a young woman of the ton, well-known rake Benjamin Harrington is sent to manage his father’s floundering country estate. Determined to prove himself, Benjamin must fight the temptation presented by his beautiful new maid, who quite literally stumbles into his path.

Sophie Carmichael was devastated by the death of her parents in a carriage accident and
Published December 31st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Hearts of Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearts of Trust

Lori D
What would you do if you were dependent upon a relative who was set out to cause you harm? After her parents where killed, Lady Sophie Carmichael was dependent upon her only living relative, a debauched cousin, Malcolm, Earl of Dunstable. He is trying to force her into marriage and she is desperate to get away. With the aid of the cook, she is able to escape and go to a neighboring estate posing as a maid. Benjamin Harrington has been sent down to his father's estate to try and redeem himself af ...more
Maggie Whitworth
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
❤❤❤❤
💋
After loosing her family in a tragic accident, Sophie is made a ward of her cousin , but he has evil in mind for her future that she’s not altogether happy with,to say the least .
She decides to run away, and masquerade as a maid to keep away from him , but doesn’t count on falling for her employer.
I don’t want to put spoilers so I’ll not go further , but you should , Ellie always writes such wonderful stories , keeping you engaged and hoping for a HEA, she never disappoints .
“I voluntarily
Laura Bayer
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Benjamin Harrington, third son of the Duke of Ware, is a wastrel. His parents encourage him to change his ways and redeem himself by exiling him to one of their estates and challenging make it profitable. If he fails, he will be disinherited. Sophie Carmichael is orphaned when her parents die in a carriage accident. She goes to her only relative, her lecherous cousin Malcolm, the Earl of Dunstable. Because of his abusive nature, the Cook arranges with her sister, a housekeeper, for Sophie to esc ...more
Teri Donaldson
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The very first thing I enjoyed about this book is the sweet cover and title. The heroine, Sophie, is just a dear young lady who finds herself an orphan and being treated quite poorly by her cousin. I admired her strength for running away from him and agreeing to become a servant to remain safe.
Benjamin, as most second or third sons during these times, was a rogue with no sense of direction. Thankfully, his parents recognized the need for him to grow up and take on responsibilities. Thankfully, h
Candy Briggs
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lady Sophia Carmichael is now an orphan. She lost her parents and her cousin came to take over. Everything started out find but he changed. He felt he owned her and he alone. She was so afraid of him, he abused her physically,and mentally. Finally she could take no more and with the help of the servants ran away. Lord Willem Wakefield is the third son of the Duke of Ware, He is an awful Rake and his dad is always angry with him. He gets banished to the country and given a choice.
This was a grea
Cheryl
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an entertaining read. Sophie Carmichael needs to flee from her home
due to the unwanted attentions of her cousin. She manages with the help of her servants to obtain a place at another estate. This brought her in contact with Benjamin, the third son of the Duke of Ware. Benjamin had been sent to the estate by his father as a result of an indiscretion, to try to improve his ways. Sophie was quite resourceful and used her talents to aid her plight. However she hadn’t reckoned on her attra
Danielle Carpenter
I really enjoyed this story. It is sort of a romp although it does cover several serious issues of the upper class. Sophie is sweet when she is not being chased and frightened by her so called cousin, the Earl. Benjamin recognizes his failures after his father banishes him to an estate that is failing and far from the family. One is his failure in mathematics and enlists Sarah the maid (Sophie) to help reconcile the books when he learns she know how to do math. This leaves two with too much time ...more
Deborah M
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Caught between a nightmare with her cousin and freedom with a rake, what's a lady to do?

Lady Sophie Carmichael is now an orphan, and at the mercy of the cousin who has inherited her father's estate and the care of her, but he's a lecherous, evil drunk. Her quest for freedom takes her to the employ of a rake in need of reforming. What will she do? You'll find yourself yelling at the decisions she makes but what's a lady to do?
Lisa Whitehead
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great novel from Ellie St Clair.
The hero and heroine were both likeable characters, while the 'villain' was a dirtbag.
It has a good storyline and interesting characters throughout, but like so many romance novels is quite predictable.
A few spelling and grammar errors, but getting the heroine's name wrong was quite distracting.
I did enjoy the book, but the errors and predictability make it only four stars from me.
Gina
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What is a lady to do when her cousin who is also her guardian tries to push his affections upon her repeatedly? You run away to become a maid where no one knows you. Except her accounting skills end up have her working with the wealthy son running the estate. He sees something different in her and begins to rethink his rakish ways. But her cousin may cause a huge problem if he doesn't find out the truth in time. I received a complimentary copy and I am voluntarily reviewing.
Helen Morar
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story, I was riveted throughout. My only issue was some parts of it was left dangling, without answers or conclusions. Example: Account errors, who was overseer? What happened to second house guest? They weren’t major but nagged at me. I received this book as a gift and look forward to more of the series
Patricia Schuette
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A lovely story

Sophia Carmichael had lost her parents in an accident and she was left to live with a cousin who was the next Earl. His wanted her inheritance so decided she would marry him. Employees helped her to escape and pretend to be a maid til she could figure what else to do.
Barbara
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The well-written story about a woman in hiding and the man whose home she hides in as a maid. Sophie also starts to help Benjamin with the estate books, but Sophie is hiding from an evil man. What happens when she is found? A story that kept me wanting to know what was going to happen. I was given a copy and I am voluntarily reviewing it.
Sahar Husseini
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
To Redeem a Scoundrel

She escaped the clutches of her evil cousin only to become a maid in the home of a scoundrel. Can the love of a good woman redeem this rogue? Can Sophie truly escape her cousin who was intent on ravishing her? I enjoyed reading Benjamin and Sophie's story and finding the answer to these questions.
Heather
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a lovely book. Poor Sophie is tooken in by a cousin a duke none the less whom is a horrid man when her parents past away. On the run from her cousin she take on an identity of a maid to Benjamin Harrington 3rd son of a duke. While Benjamin is sent away to change his ways him and Sophie aka Sarah work togther to fix the estate while falling in love.
Great book sweet !
Tanya
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
she loses her parents in a tragic accident, a man she hates wants to marry her so she runs away and pretends to be a servant. then he comes and she finds herself falling for him. then trouble appears as the man reappears . will she choose love, duty or the truth? a great read
Nostalgic
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read. Beautiful and sweetly written with beautiful calm characters. In hiding Sophia falls in love with Benjamin, the lord. Facing struggles there love for one another concurred. The story has a mild adventure and suspense scenes with a beautiful love scene. Recommend
Pat
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully written storyline with well developed characters that hooked me right into the story from the very beginning and I was totally captivated as the story progressed!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Pamela
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hearts of Trust

I have read a lot of your book and enjoyed ever book they are absolutely amazing I recommend everyone that has a romantic heart to read your books they are so well written you are ASN amazing writer.
Kety
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic story, full of surprise and suspense.
You will love the characters, full of life. The lord would like to change to please his parents and Sophia, the woman he is falling in love.
I recommend this book to all that love historical romance and sweet story.
Linda
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am volunteering to leave a review for an ARC of this book. This was a sweet historical romance. The characters were well developed. Benjamin, the rogue, has a hard time changing his ways. Sophie, trying to escape the unwanted advances of her cousin. Thanks goodness they find their way!
Jennifer Bailey
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an enjoyable story and a relatively quick read! The development of their relationship through trust and working together was great to follow. I appreciated the conspiratorial support of the other female servants in the households. It was a sweet read right up until a steamy ending.
Eunice Robertson
Another of the Duke of Ware's children finds his true love. This has been a very satisfying series to read. (I voluntarily reviewed this advanced copy).
Melissa
Spicy content! While definitely not a sweet and clean novel, I do appreciate this authors delightful characters and imaginative plot.
Melanie
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Trust

Another fun read from this author. Great characters and plot. Looking forward to book four of this series. Highly recommended.
Bobbie Sue
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet story

Bad choices and desperation bring them together. A story of finding yourself. You will love not only this book but the whole collection.
Barbara Staffo
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Worth reading

What a truly horrible uncle. But then you do so need a villain . Ben to the rescue, just in time.
Phylis
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hearts of Trust by Ellie St Clair is an awesome read. I really appreciate the opportunity to read this page turner. My free opinion. Thanks
Margaret Henry
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

This book shows that even when life is dark and grim God always work it out for the good trust Him.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Catching A Rake (A Rake's Redemption Book 3)
  • His Mysterious Lady (Three Gentlemen of London #2)
  • Lord Augustus (Sons of the Marquess Book 3)
  • Intriguing the Viscount (His Majesty's Hounds #2)
  • Let the Lady Decide (Redeeming the Rakes #3)
  • What You Promised (Anything for Love, #4)
  • Winning The Indecisive Duke (The Fairbanks Series - Love & Hearts)
  • Worth of a Lady (The Marriage Maker #1)
  • The Lord's Secret (The Regency Renegades, #2, Beauty and Titles)
  • Sleigh of Hope (Grayson Brothers #5)
  • The Wicked Governess (Blackhaven Brides Book 6)
  • The Autumn Duchess (A Duchess for All Seasons #4)
  • The Devil's Gift
  • The Lady Seals Her Fate (The Langley Sisters, #5)
  • The Scoundrel Who Loved Me
  • Spinster
  • To Bedevil a Duke (Lords of London #1)
  • To Love a Lord of London (Wardington Park, #1)
Ellie has always loved reading, writing, and history. For many years she has written short stories, non-fiction, and has worked on her true love and passion -- romance novels.

In every era there is the chance for romance, and Ellie enjoys exploring many different time periods, cultures, and geographic locations. No matter when or where, love can always prevail. She has a particular soft spot for th

Searching Hearts (4 books)
  • Quest of Honor (Searching Hearts, #1)
  • Clue of Affection (Searching Hearts, #2)
  • Hope of Romance (Searching Hearts, #4)