Start by marking “The Leader (Bad Romance #1)” as Want to Read:
The Leader (Bad Romance #1)

The Leader

(Bad Romance #1)

HIM...
I will avenge my parents’ deaths.

I will make those who are responsible suffer.

All I need is her; the key to my plans.

HER...
I’m going to leave everything behind and start over.

I won’t bow down to anyone.

The last thing I need is him; the shackles to my freedom.

Game on...
Published February 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Leader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Leader

Start your review of The Leader (Bad Romance #1)
Fre06 Begum
Kira
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's always a surprise to read a debut book by an indie author and have it be really good. Gio agreed to marry one of three granddaughters for a business deal. There was definitely insta-lust going on with him and Jazzy, but it took a while for them to trust each other. Although they had issues it never truly felt like they were at odds with each other. Gio was demanding and controlling but not to the degree that he was an asshole. He definitely wasn't a nice guy though. His strong protective in ...more
Reckless Readers
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I immediately fell in love with Gio & Jazzy. Their passion screams off the pages and makes page-turner impossible to put down. Giovanni Detta is the head of his family, he is also a powerful and dominating man that always gets what he wants. Jocelyn Rossi is a smart independent woman that want away from the chains of her loving grandfather. She is sassy and doesn't hold her tongue. Their chemistry is A+. I loved how this story evolved and finally came together in the end.

The Leader was impeccab
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kobo
3.5 STARS
Yolanda McGee~Veronica's Reading Vault
What a great and exciting book debut by Shanna Bell!! I love reading a good mafia romance and I was not disappointed with The Leader. It's suspenseful, fast-paced, sexy and angsty. I finished it within a matter of hours and I couldn't put it down!

What started as a marriage of obligation and duty between Gio and Jazzy turned into a relationship of love, trust, strength and loyalty. Gio and Jazzy's connection and chemistry is off the charts. The banter, humor and love/hate relationship is engagin
Lisa mcgreavy
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Steamy

On how i loved this book fiery jaz loved her character the most, how she slowly fell in love sure the lust was there but love from her he had to earn it and he sure did well deserved 5* rating
Maria11
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

I liked the read and the plot pulled you in. The story got lost at times because it got bogged down in the sex between Gio and Jazzy. Hey I am all up for hot sexy scenes, but theses got to be too many and really did nothing for the story. I ending up skipping some.

The characters were interesting and had lots of chemistry. The supporting characters were great too and they deserve a story too.

Will read the next.
Sonya
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love finding new authors who know how to write! This is a great book with an alpha bad boy that takes protecting his lady love very seriously, a revenge plot and lots of surprises. Even though the hero can be demanding I love that he accepts his lady love for who she is and he lets her do her own thing whether he wants her to or not. I really like this fiery couple who unexpectedly find love with each other.
Helena#bookdreamer
First I want to say that I'm not the biggest fan of mafia romance novels. They have way too much violence for my taste and the idea of a hero killing for the purpose of protecting an illegal and drug business does not sit well with me. But this was surprisingly pretty clean. Gio is loosely associated with sketchy mob characters but he's out to get revenge on the man who gave the order to have his parent's killed.
I liked Jazzys character from the beginning. Tough, smart and resourceful. She runs
cheryl  Watson  Meikle
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Thanks for amazing read love jazzy and gio connection looking forward to next book pre ordered already thanks again for fab read
Allinson Sherratt
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tangled Mafia families

Thoroughly enjoyed the first book in this series which has become a ' must read' for me.
There's a plenty of scope for future stories involving the lovely Getta brother's.
Gio is everything a girl could want. Alpha, handsome, ruthless & rich lol. And Dominant.
Well written & involving. You do want to see how things turn out.
Love me some alpha brothers
Katrin Schäfer
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Leader
von Shanna Bell
Kobo Writing Life
Cover:
playful, menacing, erotic also through the red color
Review:
„HIM...
I will avenge my parents’ deaths.
I will make those who are responsible suffer.
All I need is her; the key to my plans.
HER...
I’m going to leave everything behind and start over.
I won’t bow down to anyone.
The last thing I need is him; the shackles to my freedom.
Game on...
Disclaimer:
*contains adult language and (explicit) steamy scenes.
*no cliffhanger“
THE LEADER: a Mafia Romance (Bad Rom
Allie
The Leader is the first in the Bad Romance series by Shanna Bell. The Leader has been on my to-read list for a while. After finishing this book though, I totally regret it taking me so long to read this! Bad Romance instantly sucked me in. I wasn’t sure when to expect when I started this book. This book is a mafia/mob type book which is something I usually don’t read. When I first read the synopsis on Voracious Reader Only I was a little hesitant. I don’t enjoy the level of violence that some bo ...more
Sparkymom
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has been on my radar for a while because it kept popping up in my recommendations. I put it in my wish list, but never bought it, so when Net Galley offered an ARC, I jumped at the chance to try it. I'm so glad I did, and I will be purchasing the rest of this series immediately because I really loved it. An intelligent capable curvy woman paired with a super protective alpha who wants her because of her personality and fire even if they both enjoy her submission in the bedroom. ( Don't ...more
Charlene Gaskins
May 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read from a newer author. The story is full of suspense, angst, and chemistry between Gio/Jazzy with an evolving riveting story line. It's has plenty of sexual attraction and sizzling chemistry and does not fail to deliver a story that will hold your attention from beginning to the end. Both characters have baggage and histories that are peeled away as you get further into the story. It's a great mafia read even though it is an arranged marriage storyline. The arranged marriage has been do ...more
Diane
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW Breathtaking

5 Stars for breathtaking mafia romance. I just found this author from a notice on Facebook. Now I'm so glad I bought both books and can't wait for the rest. I could not put this book down. I was in love with Gio immediately now I'm so looking forward to his brothers and Kristoff. Keep them coming Shannon and we will buy!!!
Kelly Williams
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved Gio and Jazzy. Both great, strong characters. I loved the chase she put him on to get her. Plus all the other characters in this series are fun too. I hope we get to see how their lives unfold. And Tommie...he had me laughing out loud so much through this book. Great new series!!
Joan Phillips
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For once there is a strong female character in a mafia story. Jazzy did not allow Gio to change her. She did what she planned for her future. Gio and Jazzy finally found trust in each other. Gio learned to respect her and be there when she needed him.
Kael
Why did I wait so long to read this? It was amazing! I loved all the characters! And I absolutely love arranged marriages where they begin to act like a couple straight away and they were honestly so cute! I loved it! Can’t wait to read the rest!
Dawn Sitter
May 18, 2020 rated it liked it
First book by this author. Enjoyed the characters. I listened to the book. I was drawn in by one of the narrators, Sarah Puckett. She always brings stories to life for me. I enjoyed the back and forth chapters between characters. There was a lot going on.
Heidi
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well written

Characters and story. Though the same as most mafia books I got hooked on Jazzy in the first couple of chapters!
Jenny
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Main character is a strong female

This book was really, really good and the main character was a female that could kick butt and the mc male was a strong, alpha that treated her with respect. I wished there was more books by this author!!
Silver Q
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars
Between 3 and 4
Megan Krueger
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Good Story

I enjoyed the premise of this story. Gio is a powerful and protective man. Some interesting twists and danger without wallowing in misery.
Melanie
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good one. I loved how the characters really did like each other. I usually steer clear of the mob boss books, but I liked this one. Well done.
LOUISE VIRGO
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Can't wait to start on the next title, keep up the good work Shanna and i shall continue to read your stories.
Samantha
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Good solid read.
Regina Strickland
Great read!

This book is a fantastic start to the whole series! It it fun but covers a lot of important subjects. I love the blend Will be reading all!
Paulinem
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loveddddd this, it had a great bunch of characters not to dark just a nice mix of all sorts .....look forward to next instalment released in may, not sure who the book is about but will defo be reading it as loved all the characters in this story!!!!!

I have an idea who the second book is about from synopsis, would make me happy is so .....I’ll keep quiet Incase I’m wrong lol
Ravens Dilshani
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sooo interesting !!!
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Devil's Plaything
  • Forced to Cooperate (Mafia Masters, #3)
  • Claimed as Revenge (Mafia Masters, #4)
  • Wild (Dit is #2)
  • Devil in a Suit (De Maggio Mafia Duet, #1)
  • Savage Vow (Ivanov Crime Family, #1)
  • Savage Beginnings (The Moretti Crime Family, #1)
  • Made to Beg (Mafia Masters #5)
  • Taken as Collateral (Mafia Masters, #2)
  • Wedding Sin (Mafia Kings #1)
  • The Santiago Trilogy (The Santiago Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Sinful Enemy (Sinfully Rich, #2)
  • Blood Always (The Five Families #3)
  • Owned by Him
  • Capturing Victory (Driven Hearts, #3)
  • Taken for His Bride (The Torenti Family, #2)
  • Pretty Hostage (Captive, #3)
  • Hoss
Shanna Bell is a romance author who loves to write (and read) about sassy, strong women who can save themselves and men with a heart of gold. Wanderlust is her middle name, as she loves to travel and experience new cultures and foods. If you're into romantic suspense, happily ever afters, and some steam she´s got you covered. For updates on her series, you can join her newsletter or mail her. She ...more

Bad Romance (4 books)
  • The Enforcer (Bad Romance #2)
  • The Gambler (Bad Romance #3)
  • The Players (Bad Romance #4)