Start by marking “The Leader (Bad Romance #1)” as Want to Read:
The Leader (Bad Romance #1)

The Leader

(Bad Romance #1)

HIM...
I will avenge my parents’ deaths.

I will make those who are responsible suffer.

All I need is her; the key to my plans.

HER...
I’m going to leave everything behind and start over.

I won’t bow down to anyone.

The last thing I need is him; the shackles to my freedom.

Game on...
Published February 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Leader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Leader

Fre06 Begum
Kira
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's always a surprise to read a debut book by an indie author and have it be really good. Gio agreed to marry one of three granddaughters for a business deal. There was definitely insta-lust going on with him and Jazzy, but it took a while for them to trust each other. Although they had issues it never truly felt like they were at odds with each other. Gio was demanding and controlling but not to the degree that he was an asshole. He definitely wasn't a nice guy though. His strong protective in ...more
Melanie A.
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kobo
3.5 STARS
Reckless Readers
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I immediately fell in love with Gio & Jazzy. Their passion screams off the pages and makes page-turner impossible to put down. Giovanni Detta is the head of his family, he is also a powerful and dominating man that always gets what he wants. Jocelyn Rossi is a smart independent woman that want away from the chains of her loving grandfather. She is sassy and doesn't hold her tongue. Their chemistry is A+. I loved how this story evolved and finally came together in the end.

The Leader was impe
Lisa mcgreavy
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Steamy

On how i loved this book fiery jaz loved her character the most, how she slowly fell in love sure the lust was there but love from her he had to earn it and he sure did well deserved 5* rating
Maria11
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

I liked the read and the plot pulled you in. The story got lost at times because it got bogged down in the sex between Gio and Jazzy. Hey I am all up for hot sexy scenes, but theses got to be too many and really did nothing for the story. I ending up skipping some.

The characters were interesting and had lots of chemistry. The supporting characters were great too and they deserve a story too.

Will read the next.
Sonya
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love finding new authors who know how to write! This is a great book with an alpha bad boy that takes protecting his lady love very seriously, a revenge plot and lots of surprises. Even though the hero can be demanding I love that he accepts his lady love for who she is and he lets her do her own thing whether he wants her to or not. I really like this fiery couple who unexpectedly find love with each other.
Yolanda
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great and exciting book debut by Shanna Bell!! I love reading a good mafia romance and I was not disappointed with The Leader. It's suspenseful, fast-paced, sexy and angsty. I finished it within a matter of hours and I couldn't put it down!

What started as a marriage of obligation and duty between Gio and Jazzy turned into a relationship of love, trust, strength and loyalty. Gio and Jazzy's connection and chemistry is off the charts. The banter, humor and love/hate relationship is engagin
cheryl watson
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Thanks for amazing read love jazzy and gio connection looking forward to next book pre ordered already thanks again for fab read
Katrin Schäfer
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Leader
von Shanna Bell
Kobo Writing Life
Cover:
playful, menacing, erotic also through the red color
Review:
„HIM...
I will avenge my parents’ deaths.
I will make those who are responsible suffer.
All I need is her; the key to my plans.
HER...
I’m going to leave everything behind and start over.
I won’t bow down to anyone.
The last thing I need is him; the shackles to my freedom.
Game on...
Disclaimer:
*contains adult language and (explicit) steamy scenes.
*no cliffhanger“
THE LEADER: a Mafia Romance (Bad Rom
Allie
The Leader is the first in the Bad Romance series by Shanna Bell. The Leader has been on my to-read list for a while. After finishing this book though, I totally regret it taking me so long to read this! Bad Romance instantly sucked me in. I wasn’t sure when to expect when I started this book. This book is a mafia/mob type book which is something I usually don’t read. When I first read the synopsis on Voracious Reader Only I was a little hesitant. I don’t enjoy the level of violence that some bo ...more
Helena#bookdreamer
First I want to say that I'm not the biggest fan of mafia romance novels. They have way too much violence for my taste and the idea of a hero killing for the purpose of protecting an illegal and drug business does not sit well with me. But this was surprisingly pretty clean. Gio is loosely associated with sketchy mob characters but he's out to get revenge on the man who gave the order to have his parent's killed.
I liked Jazzys character from the beginning. Tough, smart and resourceful. She runs
Sparkymom
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has been on my radar for a while because it kept popping up in my recommendations. I put it in my wish list, but never bought it, so when Net Galley offered an ARC, I jumped at the chance to try it. I'm so glad I did, and I will be purchasing the rest of this series immediately because I really loved it. An intelligent capable curvy woman paired with a super protective alpha who wants her because of her personality and fire even if they both enjoy her submission in the bedroom. ( Don't ...more
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
SALE
#erotica #bargain #sale #99ct #dark #mafia
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2rGWxuJ
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2zVnmiZ
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2SD37Oa

Check out our archive: https://goo.gl/WaJD6j
Subscribe to our newsletter: https://goo.gl/SrUf3e
Or join our group: https://goo.gl/RpzyFd
Submit for FREE: https://goo.gl/MqqJv3
List your permafreebies: https://goo.gl/forms/rwaGEU3xXgif64852
dark
Allinson Sherratt
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tangled Mafia families

Thoroughly enjoyed the first book in this series which has become a ' must read' for me.
There's a plenty of scope for future stories involving the lovely Getta brother's.
Gio is everything a girl could want. Alpha, handsome, ruthless & rich lol. And Dominant.
Well written & involving. You do want to see how things turn out.
Love me some alpha brothers
Kelly Williams
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved Gio and Jazzy. Both great, strong characters. I loved the chase she put him on to get her. Plus all the other characters in this series are fun too. I hope we get to see how their lives unfold. And Tommie...he had me laughing out loud so much through this book. Great new series!!
Diane
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW Breathtaking

5 Stars for breathtaking mafia romance. I just found this author from a notice on Facebook. Now I'm so glad I bought both books and can't wait for the rest. I could not put this book down. I was in love with Gio immediately now I'm so looking forward to his brothers and Kristoff. Keep them coming Shannon and we will buy!!!
Melanie
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good one. I loved how the characters really did like each other. I usually steer clear of the mob boss books, but I liked this one. Well done.
Silver Q
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars
Between 3 and 4
Megan Krueger
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Good Story

I enjoyed the premise of this story. Gio is a powerful and protective man. Some interesting twists and danger without wallowing in misery.
Jenny
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Main character is a strong female

This book was really, really good and the main character was a female that could kick butt and the mc male was a strong, alpha that treated her with respect. I wished there was more books by this author!!
Heidi
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well written

Characters and story. Though the same as most mafia books I got hooked on Jazzy in the first couple of chapters!
LOUISE VIRGO
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Can't wait to start on the next title, keep up the good work Shanna and i shall continue to read your stories.
Samantha
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Good solid read.
Paulinem
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loveddddd this, it had a great bunch of characters not to dark just a nice mix of all sorts .....look forward to next instalment released in may, not sure who the book is about but will defo be reading it as loved all the characters in this story!!!!!

I have an idea who the second book is about from synopsis, would make me happy is so .....I’ll keep quiet Incase I’m wrong lol
Lady Elizabeth
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can tell you that this book made me laugh, hold my breath, sigh, put down the book and pick it up 5 seconds later because I couldn’t wait to know what was next, and so much more.

Jazzy is a strong woman. I love that she could be feisty and test Gio’s sanity but she is hilarious, in my opinion, in the way she does it. I just plain love her, she’s loyal, understanding, smart, sexy and has a strong sense of family.

Gio is a bastard but with a good heart. Don’t let what other people say about him fo
Bobo's Book Bank
THE LEADER is book one of the Bad Romance Series by debut author Shanna Bell (I think?!?). This is a contemporary standalone with some suspenseful elements throughout.

Gio is one of four brothers who's looking for revenge against the person(s) who killed their parents. He has ties to the mob but mostly, Gio and the rest of the Detta boys are legit business men. When he negotiates a deal with a rival businessman to pick a bride from one of his four granddaughters, Gio finds himself with more than
Piper
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good guys and bad guys

Gio and Jazzy are better together than alone. That became evident as their relationship grew. Story filled with action and drama. But a love story nevertheless.
Mickey
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Protect and Provide

This starter was actually intriguing. If I could be with a Detta, I'd be more like Gina with Jazzy's personality.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Beneath Your Beautiful (Beautiful, #1)
  • Beautiful Ruin (Nolan Brothers, #1)
  • Because of Logan
  • Travis & Viola (Checkmate #1-2)
  • For the Love of Laura Beth
  • Secondhand Hearts (Peak City Romance Book 1)
  • Hard Glamour (Glamour #1)
  • Awakening Avery (A Second Chance Romance #3)
  • A Friend in Paris
  • The Damnable Legacy
  • Deadly Shadow: A Paranormal Suspense Thriller (The Assassin Chronicles Book 1)
  • Deal with the Dragon (Immortals Ever After #1)
  • Katie's Highlander (Highlander Protector, #3)
  • His Christmas Wish (Mountain Rescue Romance #1)
  • Marked Masters (Bodies of Art, #2)
  • The Knowing (The Knowing #1)
  • Reclaimed By The Pack (Broken Ladder Wolf- Shifters #3)
  • A Me and You Thing
I like reading and writing about sassy women who can save themselves and alpha men with a heart of gold (sometimes). Yay to insta-lust, nay to insta-love.

If you're into romantic suspense, happily ever afters, and some steam (ok, sometimes a LOT of steam) try one of my books!

JOIN my Newsletter

Bad Romance (4 books)
  • The Enforcer (Bad Romance #2)
  • The Gambler (Bad Romance #3)
  • The Players (Bad Romance #4)
“You know, not every woman dreams of a designer wedding dress, Or even of getting married at all. It’s because of fairy tales, and Disney, that girls are wired from a young age to want to become a princess wearing a tiara and puffy, pink dress.” 0 likes