Start by marking “The Case of the Man Overboard (Michaela McPherson #3)” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Man Overboard (Michaela McPherson #3)

The Case of the Man Overboard

(Michaela McPherson #3)

Two Murders, A Man Overboard, And A Run-in With Big Pharma And Organised Crime

After an intense year of solving crime in their home town of Richmond, Virginia, Michaela, Dottie and retired canine Angel, travel to Europe to spend much needed leisure time at the Borghase Estate outside of Rome. Unfortunately, their plans are upended by a series of catastrophes.

˃˃˃ A Vacat
Published February 20th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Man Overboard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Man Overboard

Start your review of The Case of the Man Overboard (Michaela McPherson #3)
Beverlee Henderson
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely delightful!

Mic and Dottie are a hoot. Angel is the best. Enjoy their Mediterranean Cruise. Learned a lot about generic drugs too.
Linda Rainey
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!
Mic and Dottie are at it again in this riveting mystery,set aboard one of Dottie's cruise ships.
I love these characters including Angel, the German Shepherd.
This book is highly recommended for those who like mysteries and thrillers.
Tony Parsons
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blake Pharmaceutical was having their convention on board & had paid for all the Dr.’s on board The Regina Mediterranean (Cruise Line luxury flagship).
While having quite a few Vodka drinks Vadim (older man), & Snake (younger man) were conversing & on what Snake had snuck on board.
Countess Dorothy “Dottie” Borghase (82, Italian, wealthy widow aristocrat, co-owner Mediterranean Cruise; Line, former U of Malta Professor) was in the Captain’s private dining room enjoying her tea.

Michaela “Mic” McP
RO G'ma
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
The Case of the Man Overboard is the third book in Judith Lucci’s awesome Michaela McPherson Mystery series and is an intricately woven tale with lots of action and suspense. Ms. Lucci is very talented in creating suspense and tension with her written words. This book is a fast-paced page-turner and kept me engaged from the beginning of the book until the end. I highly recommend this book to readers who enjoy reading books in the mystery, thriller, and suspense genre.

Michaela (Mic) McPherson ret
David Fisher
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Highly Recommended Read.

This is the third book in the Michaela McPherson Mystery series and fits in nicely with the previous two. You don't need to have to read them to follow this suspenseful tale. But if you have, you will enjoy this story all the more.

The action takes place on a cruise ship in the Mediterranean. A most unlikely place for multiple murder, but it works. This time the trio of amateur sleuths is out to enjoy a holiday in Italy aboard the boat. But it isn't long before their vac
Eric J. Gates
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“The Case of the Man Overboard” is the third book in Judith Lucci’s Michaela McPherson crime thriller series and features an interesting premise. How do you commit murder on a cruise ship while at sea and get away with it when there’s nowhere to run? That’s the basic question author Lucci poses, though she uses the narrative to ask some troubling questions about Big Pharma and especially the use of generic medicine in psychiatry. This is far from a run-of-the-mill whodunnit.

Fans of her work will
Bev
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, have-read
After a very busy and difficult cases of crime to solve for a year, Michaela, Dottie and of course Angel are taking a much deserved vacation to help relax and recharge themselves. Everything is going well until they board a luxury cruise ship around the Mediterranean. This begins the nightmare as they investigate an American pharmaceutical company for the release of a "dirty drug". Then a man goes overboard. Apparently he had evidence of this drug being released and now he is gone into the ocean ...more
Nancy Silk
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Murder And Mayhem On A Luxury Liner"

Having a tense year of solving crimes, Michaela and aged 82 Dottie, plus Angel the dog, travel from Richmond, VA to Europe. They then take a cruise trip around the Mediteranean ... which becomes a nightmare for both of them. An American pharmaceutical company has released a 'dirty' drug and the corporation has invited numerous doctors to sway them to prescribe their product. Also, there are a couple of hit men aboard being assigned to eradicate many passenger
Diane E
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great location

On a Mediterranean cruise Mic and the Countess meet physicians who are attending a medical conference held by Blake Pharmaceuticals . Then murders occur including a US Senator . In the meantime a young man with a crush on Mic is also on board and has devious plans for Mic.
I don't understand why these obviously educated people say "gonna" and "wanna " instead of going to and want to .
Charles Miller
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Cruise From Hell

Meeting Judith Lucci at Massanutten Resort prompted me to read some of her work. I'm glad I did. I now have read all three of the Michaela McPherson books. They are easy to read and somewhat surprising in their resolution. This is no exception. Once you read one chapter, you will want to see what the next one brings. Try it - you'll like it!
Herb Evans
Sep 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
The characters are ridiculous and undeveloped, uninteresting and unbearably unbelievable. A wealthy Duchess from Virginia and a Russian killer with snake tattoo are woven into a polemic on big Pharma and generics and a man overboard interrupting dinner at the Captains table. I had to stop and so should Lucci.
Sheryl Messinger
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Good book

This is the third of the series I have read. I loved the first 2, but noticed that this was a little repetitive in the story telling. Some of the plots were explained several times, which is slightly annoying to me. The story was good and I will most likely continue with the series.
Jennie Ersari
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling book!

Michaela and Dottie are on an Italian cruise ship when mystery finds them once again. This time it appears that a Pharmaceutical company is killing off those that are questioning one of their newest drugs.
Betty J Smith
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read!!!!

One of the best crime thriller series i have ever read. Kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys this kind of books!
Marlys
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for an honest review. This is the second book about Micheala that I read. It is a good story. I enjoyed reading it. The characters are well rounded and complex. I enjoy reading books that Judith has written.
barbara evans
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent as always

Judith Lucci is one of my must read authors. She never lets you down in your search for a good book. The stories are addictive and you love the characters.
Janet
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
very good
Kerry
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Had me by the throat!

One shall have to read more from Lucci. Well-crafted and edited. Yet humble enough to invite criticism and corrections. I love this author!
Lori
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this page-turner...good characters & lots of twists & turns ...more
paulette sarelli
Great thriller

Loved the main characters. The countless was a real interesting character. Loved the dog. Great story with lots of suspense.
Karen
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book

Always love a good thriller, but not so good when there are missing words or incorrectly used words, due to not so good editing.
Johanna Roberts
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Man Overboard

Great characters and lots of twists make this a great book. Mic and crossover characters from New Orleans not to mention Angel keep this story moving.
John Maroney
May 01, 2019
Barb Jamrozy
Jul 12, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Imposter (Alex Destephano)
  • Death Report (Sergeant Brad Braun, #1)
  • A Murder on Long Island (A Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian Crime Mystery Book 2)
  • Surgical Risk: A Kurtz and Barent Mystery (Kurtz and Barent Mysteries Book 1)
  • Her Final Word (Jack Ryder #6)
  • She's Not There (Peacock & Rayburn, #1)
  • Girl Next Door (Jack Ryder #5)
  • The Anatomy Lesson: A Kurtz and Barent Mystery (Kurtz and Barent Mysteries Book 2)
  • Fatal Lies (Lies #2)
  • Sarah Woods Mystery Series: (Volume 1)
  • Missing (Mason Gray #1)
  • Lamb to the Slaughter (Serenity's Plain Secrets, #1)
  • The Battle of Jericho (Detective Jericho Series #2)
  • A Man's Partner: A Detective Jericho Single
  • Deadly Illusions
  • The Defenseless (Brandon Fisher FBI, #3)
  • Curtain Call
  • 7th Street Crew: Books 1-2 (7th Street Crew, #1-2)
Dr. Judith Lucci is an Amazon bestselling author who writes what she knows. She is the author of the Alex Destephano Medical Thriller Series and the soon to be released Michaela McPherson, Private Eye, a series centered on a retired homicide detective from Richmond, Virginia who really can’t retire.

“Before I wrote fiction, I was an academic writer who published research, theoretical works, text bo

Michaela McPherson (5 books)
  • The Case of Dr. Dude (Michaela McPherson #1)
  • The Case of the Dead Dowager (Michaela McPherson #2)
  • The Case of the Very Dead Lawyer (Michaela McPherson #4)
  • The Case of the Missing Parts (Michaela McPherson #5)

News & Interviews