Start by marking “Wildcat (Mavericks Tackle Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wildcat (Mavericks Tackle Love, #1)

Wildcat

(Mavericks Tackle Love #1)

What would you do if the sexy, mysterious stranger you met by chance turned out to be a celebrity?

Catharine Wild is about to find out.

Quinn Bailey is one of the best quarterbacks in the country, and the instant he lays eyes on pretty little Cat Wild, he can’t resist her.

Published January 31st 2018 by CreateSpace (first published January 29th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Wildcat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wildcat

Start your review of Wildcat (Mavericks Tackle Love, #1)
Sarah Toussaint
Jun 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Look. We are not asking much...

You wrote a book with a black heroine? Cool! Awesome, even! Representation is awesome!

But the part that makes me cringe is when you make race the CONFLICT!

Why!?

If it was white heroine, this would not have even been in the reader's radar.

This book was going to be 3star for me, even a 4star, but then we reached the climax.

The author made the main conflict of the story about the fact that the heroine is black and the hero's parents are racist...

Like, what?

What the
Alex ♈
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Surely the sweetest hero these authors ever wrote. Good guy.

Nice likable heroine.

But her mother was the best. I wish more girls would be raised with such attitude:

My mother would chastise me for sounding insecure. I could literally hear her voice in my head. She’d probably say something along the lines of, “Catharine, get it together, girl. I don’t want to hear that garbage coming from your mouth.
You are a strong, beautiful, and confident woman. Any man, no matter how famous he is,
Melanie (mells_view)
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 “You’re really something, Quinn Bailey” stars

Once again Max Monroe has aced the recipe for a written romantic comedy. The MC’s meet cute was... well cute. Their side characters are funny and interesting. Quinn is the perfect hero. The perfect mix of confident, self-deprecating, and swoony. Cat is sassy, fun, and relatable. Quinn and Cat together are the perfect mix of fun, sweet, and steamy! Wildcat is told from the dual POV’s of Quinn and Cat. The story isn’t necessarily a SLOW BURN, but it
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Quinn Bailey. Quarterback of the New York Mavericks is flying home to Alabama for a few days of family time before the new season starts.

On the plane he meets the most beautiful and fascinating and adorable woman he's ever seen. Catharine. Cat. She's a flight attendant. And Quinn is halfway in love before they even leave JFK.

But Cat is not really sure what to think of this mega-hottie who is constantly looking at her. And then he's also on the same train into Birmingham!!!! And they talk for
Dilek VT
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was my first book from Max Monroe duo and I am not impressed at all...

2,5 stars but not 3.

***********************************************

The book is about the love story of an interracial couple and it begins in a very sweet way. I liked it up until their first date. The way he pursued her until she said yes to a date was good and I really had fun. But then, their first date came and it was awkward (in a studio painting pictures because she loves art). It ended with a kiss. Then, their
Nicole P
Yes! Yes! A million times yes! I LOVED THIS BOOK! Gah! It's made me so darn happy. The writing duo of Max Monroe know how to write a romantic comedy. And even better they know how to write the best damn book boyfriend ever. The number one reason to read this book: QUINN BAILEY!!!! My god. I want a Quinn! Where do I find one exactly like him? He was all kinds of perfect from his southern manners, to his wit and charm, to his good looks and dirty talking ways. Not to mention he was a romantic. ...more
Cyndi
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: no-ow-drama, safe
This one was pretty good. I could have done without the list online of his former girlfriends- especially since it was mentioned that he hadn't had any relationships prior to the h. And after the h saw all the stuff online it was never mentioned again. Quinn and Cat were sweet together.
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: January 31, 2018
Genre: Sports Romance. Humor.
Actual Rating: 3 stars

Wildcat by Max Monroe is a good start to the Mavericks Tackle Love series. While I did enjoy the story for the most part, I felt like I have read something very similar before (hence the reason why I gave it 3 stars). For me as a reader, I crave originality in the books I read and this was missing that. It's the story of an all star quarterback who meets a woman unexpectedly and has to hurdle a few hoops to
Bookphenomena (Micky)
DNF @30% unrated

Despite the potential of the story, I just didn't take to the characters. Overall,I was just bored and didn't want to return to it.
Shayna
Top Favorite

“Can I kiss you, Kitty Cat?”

I’m completely, utterly, and ABSOLUTELY SMITTEN with this book! I’m a goner! I’m a puddle of FEELS! I’m head over heels! I’m too far-gone! There’s no coming back from this! You haven’t met the perfect book boyfriend until you meet Quinn FUCKING Bailey! That man has RUINED me for all others. This series…these characters…the HILARIOUS banter all throughout…OMG! Ya’ll are in for one HELL of a SEXY TREAT!

Not only did WILDCAT keep my senses on overdrive, it gave me a
Ambriehl Khalil
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
[4.25/5 Stars] ...more
Jacqueline
Boring characters and storyline.

I loved Max Monroe's Billionaire Bad Boys series and was really excited for Wildcat because I love sports romances. Unfortunately, Wildcat fell short of my expectation. I found myself counting down the chapters until this book was over. The pace was really slow at the beginning with nothing happening in the story until about 40% in. In my opinion, both Cat and Quinn lacked any personality and I found myself wishing for more of the secondary characters Sean and
Shelby
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quinn Bailey, the star quarterback for the New York Mavericks, is taking a few days off from preseason to visit his parents and little brother in Birmingham, Alabama. When he boarded his RoyalAir flight, he expected a few hours of quiet time, some music, but what he wasn’t expecting was to encounter Catharine, the extremely beautiful and charming flight attendant.

Cat, only a flight attendant for 6-months, was getting used to the on-the-go life of air crew. Luckily, her fellow attendants—Casey
Tpagirl
Wildcat was the first book in the Mavericks Tackle Love series by Max Monroe, an author duo. It was my first book by the authors.

Quinn Bailey was the quarterback for the NFL team, the New York Mavericks. He was gorgeous, famous, focused, admired, well liked and well respected.

Catharine “Cat” Wild was a flight attendant that Quinn met when he traveled from New York back to his hometown in Alabama. She was not a sports lover so she had no idea who he was other than the sexy and nice man in 2A.

It
Pauline (Passionate About Books)
"She's so... everything. I have never met a more perfect woman."
Grab your vertigo tablets and take this airborne romance which will touch your heart so deeply. When the All-American-Football Idol/quarterback Quinn Bailey sets his eyes on the caramel, delicious, shy and super cute flight attendant Katharine Wild, sparks begin to light up a blazing fire! A beautiful, healthy, whole love affair begins... a magical connection so unique, they perfectly complement each other... two halves of a whole.
Ari
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
*3.5 Stars!*

This romance was super cute but I felt like the actual conflict could’ve been handled better.
Joy
Quinn Bailey stole my heart and kept it right in his pocket for the entire book! So if you read the Billionaire Bad Boys series from Max Monroe you'll definitely recognize Quinn Bailey as the playful, flirty QB from Wes's team the New York Mavericks. If you haven't read don't despair it's not necessary but it sure is fun if you recognize the mention and appearances of favorite characters in this one.

I was enchanted from the meet cute and the rest is history. Quinn is just a good guy. He's a
Flo Grugel
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When you think that Max Monroe cant possibly create set of characters to rival The Billionaire Bad Boys - Kline,Thatch and Wes, hold on to your kindles ladies....Meet Quinn Bailey....sweet and a whole lot of swoonworthy, he is my new fictional boyfriend, ticking allll my boxes! Cat is a great character who deserves nothing but happiness and a hea. Brilliant,feel good 5 star read. I could read Max Monroe every day and NEVER get bored. Cabt wait for the next Mavericks instalment!
Brandi
Okay, okay. I did it. I finally read a Max Monroe book. What took me so long? Hell, I honestly have no fucking clue. Is it a lack of time? Am I afraid the books won't live up to the hype? Whatever my excuses were in the past, I have to let them go. And I need to go find me a bad boy billionaire because after meeting Quinn Bailey, I'm sure I'll love all of the Max Monroe books. ALL. OF. THEM.

Quinn Bailey is the greatest quarterback ever. He's gorgeous, charming, and absolutely every single thing
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
3.5* rounded up and possible spoilers

Quinn Bailey is the sweetest football player I've ever read. He's kind, thoughtful,considerate and everyone loves him. Cat was a beautiful,awkward shy flight attendant and the connection between these 2 was beautiful to read. From the moment I read Cat's description I was interested to see if these authors would boldly go THERE and they did! Quinn's thoughts on the matter were wonderful and exactly what was needed in handling the issue.
Although this book was
Coco.V
Jan 15, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (1/15/2019)!

Blurb:

Catharine Wild is about to find out.

When the sexy football star comes aboard the flight attendant’s plane, her life takes a drastic turn. Mile-high courting and an intense pursuit to win her heart are just the beginning.

Sahana
Jan 31, 2018 rated it did not like it
Another disappointing book by the authors! There was hardly any plot except for using cliche like the whites from Alabama being racist and anti-gay which shows the prejudices the authors have towards Southerners!!

Beneath The Covers Blog
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kelly, 2018-reads, arcs
You’re in for one wild ride. . .

Wildcat is another smash hit from the dynamic duo, Max Monroe! It has the feels, the laughs, the swoon-ability to sweep you right off your feet and never put you down. Wildcat has that “it” factor that takes the quintessential sports romance to a whole new playing field!

Everyone loves a sexy, gorgeous, and dirty-talking male character. Come on, you can’t deny it…they’re irresistible. But add in charm, wit, and the overall “nice guy” elements, and you’re a goner!
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW ***

4.5 Kitten & Pickle CROWNS

FUN. FLIRTY. HILARIOUS. UTTERLY CHARMING! Wildcat, the first book in their new series, is all of this and more.

Quinn Bailey. Quinn freaking Bailey. Where has this man been my whole life? He oozes charm and charisma. Every line that came from his mouth had me laughing or swooning. I caught myself smiling like a loon reading his chapters. I couldn’t get enough of him or his romantic and ridiculous antics! He is absolutely What every
Simran
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 “ Kitten “ stars
Quinn and Cat were such a adorable pair that you can’t help but fall in love with their story. This book has become one of my favourite romantic comedy story. It’s a perfect blend of funny, sexy, cute and romantic. It ticked all of my boxes for a rom com.
There was a smile on my face the whole time. Some scenes were hilarious especially the blow job one.
Quinn was such a hottie with a heart of gold. He made me swoon with his actions and was one hell of a dirty talker. You
D
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this sports romance. Max Monroe is one of my favorite authors for fun, sexy and endearing romances. Yes endearing-- because while they create some of the hottest alpha males, these men are loyal, loving, protective and go above and beyond for their women.
Quinn and Cat's story was by far my favorite. I absolutely adored Quinn's southern charm mixed with his alpha assertiveness. He wasn't a D-bag or controlling but he knew what he wanted and how he was going to get it.
Cat was independent yet
Jane super booklover📚
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports
This was a surprise. I loved it. I grabbed it in a sale once. Now i want the rest of the series as well.
Nildene
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute and loveable but a little underwhelming at the climax.

Full review to come.

3.5/5
Laura Johnson
Very very slow, surprisingly unusual from this author. Hope the next installment will pick-up to keep me interested.
Mel
4.5 @QuinnBailey + @WildCommaCat = 4ever! stars

Wildcat delivers a sweet and swoony love story that left me with a huge smile on my face. It has the classic Max Monroe humor with a whole lot of heart, and I couldn’t put it down!

Quinn Bailey is the quarterback for the New York Mavericks. During the season, he is all
Bargain Basement: FREE!! 1 13 Jan 17, 2019 03:09PM

• The Dugout
  • The Locker Room
  • I Hate You
  • The Lineup
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
  • The Bangover
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
  • The Penalty Box (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #3)
  • Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Enemies

Mavericks Tackle Love (4 books)
  • Pick Six (Mavericks Tackle Love, #2)
  • Trick Play (Mavericks Tackle Love, #3)
  • 4th & Girl (Mavericks Tackle Love, #4)
“It only takes one minute of bravery. One minute of insane, embarrassingly crazy courage to change your life. Sometimes, it only takes that one minute for something great to happen.” 6 likes
“When you make something a priority, anything is possible.” 2 likes