Start by marking “Cuentos de buenas noches para niñas rebeldes” as Want to Read:
Cuentos de buenas noches para niñas rebeldes

Cuentos de buenas noches para niñas rebeldes

(Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls #1)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  21,700 ratings  ·  2,855 reviews
Érase una vez ... ¿una princesa? Por supuesto que no! Había una vez una niña que quería ir a Marte. Hubo otra que se convirtió en la jugadora de tenis más fuerte del mundo y otra que descubrió la metamorfosis de las mariposas. De Serena Williams a Malala Yousafzai, de Rita Levi Montalcini a Frida Kahlo de Margherita Hack a Michelle Obama, hay 100 mujeres contadas en estas ...more
Published September 23rd 2017 by Planeta (first published December 1st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Cuentos de buenas noches para niñas rebeldes, please sign up.
🌸 Nilah 🌸 I'm 12 and I l❤Ved this book - my friends mum, my grandmother, my friends and everyone I know loves this book. I think the girl you're talking about…moreI'm 12 and I l❤️Ved this book - my friends mum, my grandmother, my friends and everyone I know loves this book. I think the girl you're talking about will love this book - and if she really is a keen reader, she'll cherish any book you give her.(less)
Qukatheg It looks like there will be a Dutch version at some point: Bedtijdverhalen voor rebelse meisjes.
I've seen different websites list it for release in…more
I've seen different websites list it for release in November 2017 or January 2018.(less)

·  21,700 ratings  ·  2,855 reviews

Lucy Banks
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I could give this more stars, I would.

Yes, I know the title indicates this book is for rebel girls. I am a mother of two fairly rebellious boys - but felt it was every bit as relevant for them as it was for females! After all, why shouldn't boys read about fabulous, inspirational women too?

This book is an absolute thing of beauty - 100 accessible, creatively written tales of women who helped to shape the world we live in. The illustrations are superb, and it hits just the right note with my t
Kai
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: important, to-buy, 2017
"It is important that girls understand the obstacles that lie in front of them. It is just as important that they know these obstacles are not insurmountable. That not only can they find a way to overcome them, but that they can remove those obstacles for those who will come after them."

What an amazing project! This book features 100 stories about revolutionary, smart, strong, powerful, charismatic, talented and fearless women and girls throughout history. Pirate Queens and Marine Biologists, Pa
Nat
I recently read Bad Girls Throughout History by Ann Shen and was naturally craving for more when I came across this equally fantastic collection of extraordinary women.

Illustrated by sixty female artists from every corner of the globe, Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls introduces us to one hundred remarkable women and their extraordinary lives, from Ada Lovelace to Malala, Elizabeth I to Serena Williams. Empowering, moving and inspirational, these are true fairy tales for heroines who definitel
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Aug 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This is difficult to review because, while I loved the artwork and the lovely cover, some of the historic people that were featured in this book are very controversial. Many of them are not fit to be held up as role models for young girls! Pirates, shady politicians, drug addicts, tyrants from Ancient History, and downright gross people; I counted 19 bios out of 100 that I had serious problems with, and which I would never allow a child to read about.

I liked the bios of the decent people, like H
April (Aprilius Maximus)
This is one of the most beautiful books I own! So inspiring and a must-read for all young girls and women!
Julie
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a seriously cool book.

It's the brain-child of two women (I use the word "women" lightly; they each look about 17 on the website) who run the "Timbuktu Labs," which is described as a "children's media innovation lab," which may or may not be a non-profit. I'm thinking not. Their website did not help me confirm or deny.

I'd feel better about the whole thing if it WERE a non-profit, because, frankly, the book is pricey and I have a few complaints about it, but for now I want to get back to
Jo
This hardback book, is definitely one of the most beautiful books that I own. Just a glance at the front cover honestly makes you just want to read it. I just wish, I could give this book more than five stars.
First of all, this book indicates that it is for "Rebel girls" As this may be true, it is also extremely relevant for boys aswell. I think both sexes should read this book and celebrate remarkable and inspirational women.
This book contains 100 stories about strong, fearless, motivating , in
What a phenomenal book. Honestly, I expected this to be somewhat gimmicky - I'm a passionate feminist, and a lot of these types of girl power books/projects are - but I was sort of bowled over by my how emotional my reaction was to the acknowledgement of these extraordinary women from all over the world pursuing all different paths. If you've considered reading this but have been hesitant for some reason, I'd say it's more than worth it.
Lizzie
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-library-books
Ordered this book through Kickstarter. Meant to give it to one of my nieces, but I loved it too much to give away :) This is the book I wished I had owned when I was a young girl. An amazing book of stories all about successful women.

I love that the book is global - women come from all cultures and nations. The book is in English (I think it's available in many languages) for me, but the stories represent such a range of experiences.

My only criticism is that some of the stories don't have quit
Trish
The subtitle of this collection is 100 Tales of Extraordinary Women, and it is beautifully done. The short passages cover every continent and every race, religion, and sexuality…that is, the stories are about girls and women with lesbians and transgender individuals identifying as female included. It is ravishingly interesting.

Each short passage is a tightly written biography suitable for 9-14 year-olds, informative, and inspiring. Many unusual job descriptions and lifelong purpose are describe
Inge
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely brilliant.
CaRo
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this book - bought it for my daughter and although she is still too young to understand I just love the idea to read stories of great women to her instead of the princess stories. Don't get me wrong I am a sucker for fairy tales but I want to engourage her from the beginning to have the faith in herself that she can be whatever she wants :D
Greg
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read this book and enjoy it. My 6 year old daughter has heard all the stories and wants to be read them again and again every night. There are few books that can achieve the combination: international, non-fiction, positive role-models, engaging. I hope the authors will create a second volume and create an Audible.com version so we can listen to it in the car.
Kirsty ❤️
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a beautiful book I can see why it’s the most funded book in crowd funding history. 100 stories of inspirational women aimed at young girls and young adults but so much here to learn fir us older adults too. I loved this
Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATING: 4 STARS
(Review Not on Blog)

This is a fabulous book, period. It is great for both children and adults (of any gender). The artwork is so gorgeous, I want to buy another copy just to frame the pages. The book has great women from history and present that have been brave and smart. Each woman has a page write-up and is great for story time. Rebel girls not only entertains and provides history but also gives women a place in history they so long have deserved. I highly recommend this book!
Alice Lippart
Loved it.
Farhana Sufi
I think no matter how I praise this book, and the effort and thoughts behind it, words will fall short. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book since earlier this year. Bless the soul who remembered to buy a copy for me and gift it as well. I do have terrific friends.

But let's get back to the book. It is arranged alphabetically and includes 2 pages dedicated for one extraordinary woman each, a total of hundred woman over the history of mankind.
The first page is a short biography on an exce
rachel
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star
Okay. Well. This is awkward. I thought this would be right up my alley. Feminist history stories? Please! ... but I didn't realise this was a collection of short stories. I thought it was a collection of short bios of rebel women in history, and look, it is technically. However, the language is so simple that it read like fiction. I know that is not a bad thing in itself - stories about women from across the globe doing amazing things are powerful, especially for the target demographic - but I w ...more
Francesca
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just bought this book as a present for my nieces and had a look see. Beautifully illustrated and showcasing women from all over the world and ages this is inspirational and a must have in any home with children. For our young girls to be inspired and for our young boys to be inspired and for ourselves to also be inspired and found both old and new women to aspire too. Me I found Marie Curie - when I was little a wanted to be a scientist because of her, my unfortunate lack of mathematics unders ...more
Vishakha ~ ReadingSpren ~
What a lovely, amazing book! Mathematicians, physicists, pirates, Japanese empresses, Artists, Warriors, 21st-century teenagers - you name it. So many names I never knew about, but should have known about. Our history books are not kind to achievers who are women, but nevermind, she still persists.

My only, teeny-tiny problem was, a lot of the stories were not nearly as descriptive or informative as they could have been, even considering that this is meant for children. I had to Google for all th
Aimee
I received a copy of Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls from Penguin Random House New Zealand to review.

This book is written for children so the ‘once upon a time’ did annoy me after a while but I still enjoyed reading it. Especially because I’d never heard of a lot of the women in this book. I’ve lost count of how many post-it notes are in my copy.

The illustrations, which are amazing, are all done by women across the world. I don’t have a favourite because they are all brilliant but the one of
Dorian
Jul 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
really wish I liked this more than I did.

It seemed like any and all negative events were edited out. I know it's written for kids, but they can handle some of it, especially if your goal is to let them be rebel girls. This also became part of a larger amount of factual inaccuracies I noticed.

I would have also preferred fewer women described with more detail, as now each page was basically just "born in this place. was told not to do the thing. did the thing anyhow."

Edit: came back to say I did
Ellie
YES YES YES YES!!
I’m ashamed by the number of women featured in this book who I had not previously heard of but am so thankful that I got to learn about them through THIS book. It’s a must have book for every child (and adult). I have to admit I shivered whilst reading Margaret Thatcher’s page. I know her being the first female prime minister in the UK is a huge step for gender equality but I just wish it could be someone else. Regardless, this book is fantastic and I will treasure it.
Andreea Deea
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One book, 203 pages, a hundred stories, a hundred faces, a hundred women....you can be the 101 woman, the 101 story!
This is a book that inspires you; gives you courage; gives you hope; it makes you fearless; it makes you think out of the box; it makes you feel powerful; it makes you dream; it makes you smile; it makes you sad...this is a book that makes you feel proud to be a woman!!
I really recommend this one! It's a hell of a ride (read) !!!
Paras2
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i was fairly satisfied with this book and i may read it to my child when i became a mom, but to be honest the stories were kinda loose. i would've been more engaged in the story if each was at least 5 pages. this was just an outline, as if the authors were in a hurry or something.... why do you think kids like children's books? it has specific details and there's usually magic involved... okay if we take out magic from real world, the least they can offer is a detailed description, something tha ...more
Ana
This book is beyond beautiful: the cover, the gorgeous illustrations, and the overall design! That being said, I have some problems with it and I cannot blindly give this a 5* review.

First of all, some of the women featured here are not actually fit to be role models, and therefore to be in this book, especially one that is dedicated to young girls. Some of them are quite controversial and presented in such a biased, ridiculously cheerful, and positive way, that they end up sending a misguided m
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
Wonderfully illustrated by sixty female artists representing our diverse and cultural lands, illustrating women as distinguished and accomplished. As tenacious.

Amelia Earhart, an aviator from the United States and the first woman who achieved the first solo flight across the Atlantic Ocean. Coy Mathis an elementary school student and transgender girl who challenged the education department. Irish pirate Grace O'Malley re
melmarian
Rather than 'reinvents fairy tales', I think it is more accurate to say that this book tells true stories about 100 (yes, a hundred!) inspiring and extraordinary women from all over the world, written in a special way so you can read every chapter as a bedtime story to your child. Every chapter also comes with an illustration from 60 female artists (again, from every corner of the globe). It's very hard to dislike this book. Reading this as an adult, I found myself searching for more information ...more
Lauren
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful book full of gorgeous illustrations which are very life-like. Each story begins with 'Once there was...' which immediately pulls you into the tales and summarises what each woman is famous for (her contribution to the wider world). Some stories are heart-wrenching, others are horrific, and others are uplifting.

All of the tales are inspiring and empowering!

A perfect book for young girls to read and savour before they go to bed - if you put your mind to it, you can do anything :)

• I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark
  • She Persisted Around the World: 13 Women Who Changed History
  • Shaking Things Up: 14 Young Women Who Changed the World
  • Women Who Dared: 52 Stories of Fearless Daredevils, Adventurers, and Rebels
  • This Is How We Do It: One Day in the Lives of Seven Kids from around the World (Easy Reader Books, Children Around the World Books, Preschool Prep Books)
  • Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World
  • Schomburg: The Man Who Built a Library
  • Library on Wheels: Mary Lemist Titcomb and America's First Bookmobile
  • I Am Jane Goodall
  • Ruth Bader Ginsburg: The Case of R.B.G. vs. Inequality
  • Dangerous Jane
  • Strong Is the New Pretty: A Celebration of Girls Being Themselves
  • Roses and Radicals: The Epic Story of How American Women Won the Right to Vote
  • Mr. Ferris and His Wheel
  • Six Dots: A Story of Young Louis Braille
  • Why I March: Images from the Woman's March Around the World
  • Little Melba and Her Big Trombone
  • Mary, Who Wrote Frankenstein
Elena Favilli is the Founder and CEO of Timbuktu Labs, along with Francesca Cavallo. They work at the intersections of publishing, design, and technology.

Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls (2 books)
  • Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls 2
“She soon discovered that she was one of the very few women animators there. “That’s when I realized why princesses in their films were so helpless: They had all been created by men,” she recalls. She promised herself that she would create a new type of princess:” 13 likes
“Cuando el mundo entero está en silencio, hasta una sola voz se vuelve poderosa. Malala Yousafzai” 3 likes