Start by marking “Tragic Ink (Havenwood Falls #9)” as Want to Read:
Tragic Ink (Havenwood Falls #9)

Tragic Ink

(Havenwood Falls #9)

Welcome to Havenwood Falls, home to sexy men, strong women, and neighbors who bite. Discover supernatural mystery, thrills, and romance in a place where everyone has a deep, dark, and often deadly secret.

All’s fair in war and unrequited love.

Tattoo artist Gwen Facharro prefers working alone in her Havenwood Falls shop. Coworkers want to be friends, and friends ask too
Published February 23rd 2018 by Ang'dora Productions

To ask other readers questions about Tragic Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tragic Ink

AnnMarie
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tragic Ink is one of the amazing stories in the multi-author collaboration that is Havenwood Falls. This particular one is by Heather Hildenbrand.

Gwen Facharro is a tattoo artist who lives and works in Havenwood Falls. She isn't just a normal tattooist though. If she chooses, she can instil magic into her tattoos which make them come to life one time only when called upon by the wearer. When she realises that people were getting hurt by the tattoos being used for bad purposes she stopped inking
Rabid Reader
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an great story full of murders, secrets, romance and magic. The story quickly draws you in and the idea of tattoos infused with a life of their own defiantly sparks your imagination. I loved how the story unfolded, it had suspense, loss, twists and intrigue. Gwen and Ryes are excellent characters and you can’t help but feel the sorrow, fear, love and determination right along with them. This was a fast paced, very enjoyable novella and I hope the author will write more stories about the ...more
Rabid Reader
Jo
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I absolutely loved Rhys and enjoyed seeing Gwen’s growth throughout the story.

Favorite Quote: “Don’t say something that makes me sound like a damned damsel in distress. If it’s a trap, I’m saving your ass. If it’s not, I’m still saving your ass.”
Jasmine Voosen
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another hit for Havenwood Falls!!!

Tragic Ink is a Novella by Heather Hildenbrand. I have to admit that I wasn't sure about several authors writing with a cohesive vision of a complex and diverse setting like this series, but I'm blown away with each installment. Each novella is stand alone and builds one every other story and characters. With each novella, I can't wait to read more and find out more of the hidden secrets that are so a part of this world. This Novella explores the talents of Fae
Tina Frazier
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about Gwen Facharro's and Rhys' story and to say the least it was awesome. This book had so many twist's and turn's and emotions I just couldn't put it down until it was finished. As with all of the book I have read in this series there is always something someone found out that was either kept from them or that they were sent away and had forgotten. This story was no exception to that but with all of the deceit and lies it turns out to be in the best interest of the supernatural's. ...more
Melanie Hawkins
Beautifully Exciting

I can't say it enough how much I love Heather's writing and bringing her into the Havenwood Falls series just added to her greatness. This story was wonderful and even though I gripped at her for making me cry way too early in the book, I still loved it.

In the words of Sheriff Kasun...."Can we ever have a normal night?" That line just made me laugh and think to myself... Never in Havenwood Falls. And you know what? That's what makes these series of books so great.... Who want
Lana Davis
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story in the Havenwood Falls series.
I love these stories and this little supernatural town.
This story kept me captivated from the very first page.
Gwen has a tattoo studio in Havenwood Falls and has the ability to spell tattoos because of her Fae heritage. Rhys has been assigned to protect Gwen at all costs, even rejecting her feelings for him and watching her from a distance for years. These two have a deep connection to one another and it takes the death of someone close to the
Michelle Fritz PA
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this!! Excitement, intrigue, broken hearts and true love await you 💝 Gwen is utterly likeable even though that seems to be one of her worst nightmares. Rhys is the ultimate protector and he has made Gwen's safety his life's mission. They have a sordid past and that leads to some touching scenes as they are forced to work together to find a killer. This is one Havenwood Falls books that you simply must read!! You'll fall in love with these two main characters. Loved Ethan too!! Ms. Hildenbr ...more
Brittany Karnes
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tragic Ink by Heather Hildenbrand was probably one of the most unique stories that I have read for Havenwood Falls. I loved the storyline and the imagination of the book. I have read a few other books by Heather and as with the others, she did not disappoint!

We are introduced to Gwen and Rhys in Tragic Ink and I loved both of those characters. One thing I really love with the Havenwood Falls stories is that they have so many strong female leads as does Tragic Ink. The story delves into Gwen find
Jo
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's becoming more and more apparent that Havenwood Falls is a dangerous place to live, policed by law enforcement offices who appear to dislike everyone!

This addition to the Havenwood universe has us once again thrust squarely in the thick of things, and although I haven't come across these characters before, they were introduced so well that I never felt confused.

Rhys & Gwen's connection is endearing and doesn't play second fiddle to the plot or vice versa.  Both work in tandem to develop
Lisa Lopez
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book drew me in immediately. Gwen is not your ordinary tattoo artist. While she spends her days in a tattoo studio producing wonderful pieces of art. These pieces of art are not your ordinary tattoos, they are magical. Under the wrong hands, they can become deadly. Unbeknownst to Gwen, she has been assigned a protector-Rhys. Evil forces want to claim Gwen's incredible power. Gwen must set aside her differences with Rhys and trust that he will not only protect her from the people who want to ...more
AJ Weedon
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tragic Ink

As part of Ang'dora Productions Review Crew I was able to read Heather Hildenbrand’s Tragic Ink as an advance review copy.

Tragic Ink introduces us to more of the Seelie and Unseelie world within Havenwood Falls. Add a large dash of Fae magic mixed well with tattoo ink, an unwelcome visitor and more than one murder, and Heather Hildebrand serves up a fantastic novel to blend with the rest of the Havenwood Falls series. I’m looking forward to hearing more from Gwen and Rhys soon.
Shawn
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read

Heather did an amazing job inking this story full of magic and mayhem. Gwen has a secret that is both frightening and dangerous, also makes her a highly wanted tattoo artist. Rhys tries to protect her and keep her safe after a murder that leads them on a journey with many twist. Gwen has a tough exterior that is hard to break through as she doesn't allow people to get close to her. This story is filled with twists and laugh out loud moments and takes you on a journey as you read it
Lita Acevedo
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story and the ending made me cheer for Gwen as she met her mother. This was a suspenseful story with a touch of romance that had me hooked from the beginning. It was a fairly quick read taking between 3-4 hours to complete. I don't usually read mysteries but the HAvenwood Falls books excel at it and keep me entertained from beginning to end. I'm definitely a fan and I look forward to more from this author.
Crystal
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gwen works at her tattoo shop and tends to keep to herself as much as possible. However, once her adopted mother is killed, she may not have a choice but to trust the one man that she doesn't want to be near. I really loved this book. Gwen is wonderful and stubborn. She is planning on finding out who killed her mom and is even willing to trust Rhys. I loved the ending and hope that we find out more in the future!
Melissa
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this story. Part love story part mystery. I wanted a bit more of the why and maybe I am missing part of the royalty line within the fae and Seelie Court that would explain it all better. That could be me. Gwen is a stubborn girl with an amazing talent, but nobody likes being left in the dark to what is going on. I can't wait to read more of Gwen and her ability. I did receive this ARC for an honest review.
Kelly Mccurdy
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A good mystery

This was way different than what I have read by Heather before. I got drawn into it from the moment I started the book until the very end. Magic, mystery and ghosts, what more could you ask for??

Quick read, flows well and the characters have an off the charts chemistry. Get this book now!!
Amanda Floyd
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What was not to love about this book!! I was hooked from page 1. Murder, secrets, romance, and of course amazing characters brought this story to life. I love the Havenwood Falls series and this was an excellent addition.
Tara Christensen
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Magic infused tattoos that come to life, fae, murders and mystery. What's not to love. This story draws you in from the beginning, it's fast paced action keeps the story moving and the reader interested.
Emma Mills
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There's murder and mystery aplenty in this Havenwood Falls novella. With twists and turns from beginning to end you won't want to put Tragic Ink down. Watch out for a few cameos from some of your favourite characters from previous books too.
Heather Lovelace
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this addition to the Havenwood Falls universe! Gwen and Rhys - yes!! The power of a tattoo and a mystic world we can only imagine - I couldn’t put this book down. Yet another Havenwood Falls triumph!
Courtney Huchton
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous read in havenwood falls. I loved the touch on the gargoyles! This story was deep. It had a lot of emotions packed in each character. Gwen has a very talented gift one she saw as a burden. But in the end she started to see the good in it
Lloyd L Wright
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great read, I really enjoyed following Gwen as she discovered that her past wasn't exactly as it seemed. Her life as a tattoo artist had more twists and turns that she didn't comprehend and her feelings for Rhys were more complicated than even she knew.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Loved this one! It was so interesting and unique with the magical tattoos! I enjoyed the characters and their relationship. The story was fast pace and fun. A definite must read for this series!
I voluntarily reviewed an arc from the author.
Tina
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book for honest unbiased review. I really enjoy this story of Gwen and Rhys. I was hooked from the first page. The way the story unfolded and the way the plot and characters were written gave me all the feels. I enjoyed the suspense and how the characters came to life on the page. It's a amazing read.
Heidi
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Well written tale with plenty of magic, murder, and romance. This story is told from Gwen' s point of view, and it holds lots of interesting details and happenings that will keep you reading.
J.A. Cintron
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was something different, I liked the MC magic a lot.
Sheela
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great Havenwood Falls story, full of magic, great characters and steamy tension.
Sarah Fleming
Apr 07, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Heather Hildenbrand was born and raised in a small town in northern Virginia where she was homeschooled through high school. (She's only slightly socially awkward as a result.) She writes paranormal and contemporary romance with plenty of abs and angst. Her most frequent hobbies are riding motorcycles and avoiding killer slugs.

You can find out more about Heather and her books at heatherhildenbran

Havenwood Falls (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Forget You Not (Havenwood Falls #1)
  • Old Wounds (Havenwood Falls #2)
  • Fate, Love & Loyalty (Havenwood Falls #3)
  • Covetousness  (Havenwood Falls #4)
  • The Winged & the Wicked  (Havenwood Falls #5)
  • Alpha's Queen (Havenwood Falls #6)
  • Ink & Fire (Havenwood Falls #7)
  • Lose You Not (Havenwood Falls #8)
  • Nowhere to Hide (Havenwood Falls #10)
  • Flames Among the Frost (Havenwood Falls #11)