Start by marking “Effortless (Legacy Novels)” as Want to Read:
Effortless (Legacy Novels)

Effortless

(Legacy Novels)

Camilla Donati doesn’t do relationships—it’s just not her thing. She wants a fun time, not a long time. She might be exactly what Tommaso Rossi needs to make his vacation from the responsibilities as a Capo, a break worth taking.

He didn’t expect to find a woman like her with a mind full of filth.

She didn’t expect a man who would shatter all of her rules with only a grin.
Published January 15th 2018 by Bethany-Kris

To ask other readers questions about Effortless, please sign up.
Bethany-Kris A front boss (also called a street boss depending on who is in the position and how they work in the position) is what the Chicago Outfit (this is…moreA front boss (also called a street boss depending on who is in the position and how they work in the position) is what the Chicago Outfit (this is specific to them) use to confuse officials (and their lower members) as well as how they run the streets. A front boss looks to the men on the street, and often times to officials, to be the man running the Outfit -- the boss, hence "front" boss. It keeps attention and suspicion away from the main -- actual -- boss of the organization.

Previous front (or street) bosses for the actual Chicago Outfit have been:

1996–2007: James "Jimmy the Man" Marcello—sentenced in 2007, imprisoned for life in 2009.
2007–2012: Michael "Fat Mike" Sarno—sentenced to 25 years in prison in 2012
2012–2016: Louis "Louie Tomatoes" Marino
2016-present: Albert Vena

You're welcome. (less)

Snow
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Camilla /Cam Donati is a wild-card, unapologetic, independent and head-strong about her ways at merely 20 years old. But she's loved, cherished by her family, especially her older brother Cross and yet her heart is restless, she's like a bee, flowing, flying and not really commiting, even though deep down...
"It would be nice to have something - someone - like that to be with someday. One person to love and fight with, but know at the end of the day, they're the only person you can always trus
Bethany-Kris
Nov 26, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
NOW LIVE!

Tommaso Rossi & Camilla Donati
Falling in love shouldn't be messy.

Grab your copy:

Title: Effortless: A Legacy Novel
Author: Bethany-Kris
Genre: Romance, mafia
Publication Date: January 15, 2018

AAHHH the Donati and Rossi family are back into my life. Have I mentioned that I absolutely adore these mafia families?

Effortless revolves around Camilla Donati aka My Book Boyfriend Cross Donati's sister and Tommaso Rossi. We were introduced to this couple when we read Cross + Catherine, and now we have the story behind yet another epic love story.
FYI, Cross Donati makes a lot of ap
Paige
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Camilla and Tommaso are two very different people from different places that find something in each other that is undeniable—even if they try. With a mafia background, their love story was a bit easier than some of the other books by this author, but no less sexy and definitely no less emotional. While I did miss some of the more angsty parts, this was a romance that made me smile.

ARC provided for honest review.
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 LOVED Stars

Love is Effortless.......it’s said so perfectly. And this book was a exactly that.....an Effortless read. A lighter side of the mafia world that while angsty in parts, it was filled with the personal struggle of two souls from different Cosa Nostra families. Two souls that meet and know that the feelings they feel for one another aren’t momentary and will forever change them. But.....age, life, family and their own desires have a way of turning love inside out.

Camilla “Cam” Donati i
S.M. West
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

This was a departure from Ms. Kris' usual romantic suspense. While the mafia is in the background of the story of Tommaso and Camilla, this is straight-up romance. And I loved every bit of it.

I'll admit, at first, while I didn't hesitate to wrap my grabby hands around this beauty, I wondered...my Queen of Mafia wrote a book with no suspense? I had no doubt Ms. Kris would deliver, and deliver she did in spades, but I did wonder if I'd want for more? Or if I'd feel a bit disappointed as Bethany-Kr
Natalie The Biblioholic
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, arc, dual-pov, mafia
5 "Love should be Effortless" stars!!

One of the things I love most about Bethany-Kris, aside from the fact that she creates compelling stories with stunning and realistic characters with entertaining plot lines, is that when she says something, she means it. Although Effortless with Tommaso and Camilla is a Legacy novel, it is done in a completely different style than Cross and Catherine’s story. While there was still a bit of action (c’mon, it’s a mafia romance) it was more about these two
Ari Reavis
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it
I loved this book. The couple were absolutely made for each other and seeing some old faces was great.
Camilla knew who she was, what she wanted, and didn't care what anyone else thought. I loved her. Her attitude, her personality, her frequent hair changes, everything.
Tom was the perfect mafia gentleman. He beat a man up for disrespecting him (or Camilla), but was everything Camilla needed and more in every way. He knew what his heart wanted and he took the risk to have it.
Their sex.... I'm surp
Elizarey
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it
All Camilla and Tommaso wanted was good time not a long time but that was all about to change. When Tommaso takes a trip to New York as a break from the business back at home he meets Camilla Donati, little sister to his good friend Cross. from the moment their eyes clashed they both felt the strong desire growing between them. They also didn't fight it.

Camilla is never with one guy for long, she's a grown woman and knows what she wants and gets it every time, the party never starts till she wal
Marcella
4 stars. (& 1st book of the year!)

Camilla Donati is a free spirited girl. She does what she wants and doesn't care for the judgements of others. But she does have rules: no relationships & one night only. When her older brother walks in with someone tall, dark and handsome her rules go out the window.

Tommaso Rossi needs a break from his life in Chicago. His good friend Cross gives him an out and he leaves to visit him in NY. He's been friends with Cross for years and he's never met his l
Manoela
5 Stars

Effortless is more a story of author Bethany-kris. I loved this story and Camila and Tom are great and perfect for each other.

This book as well as all she writes, can be read separately, because despite having a relationship with others, he is self-contained, so quietly can be read alone.This book is a little different from the others. He isn't a thriller, he is simply a contemporary novel telling the story of them and I love seeing that side lighter and fun of it.Don't get me wrong, I l
S. Popi
5++++ stars

As always, Bethany-Kris fulfills all my hope and dreams.

description

I don't want to get too much into the story because I don't think my word would do any justice to this book.
But I'm gonna say that this: Bethany Kris is by far, the best author for mafia romance novels.

I think I first started with Dante's book, and then became addicted.
I went through all of them in maybe a month, and now, I'm binding my time between release dates, but luckily that doesn't mean I have to wait months and months,
Julia
Once upon a time there lived a wild girl. She was restless until one man showed her that love IS effortless.

Effortless by Bethany-Kris is a Legacy novel and follows the life of Bosses' children. They grow up, fall in love, have problems and, of course, heartbreaks. Buth they manage to survive and become stronger and happier.

Effortless is a love story of Camilla Donati and Tommaso Rossi. Grown up in a similar worlds, they are thousands miles away from each other. She lives in New York and he is f
Vanessa Serrano
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Love shouldn’t be a scary thing. Loving someone shouldn’t be hard to do, even if it’s hard to find. Love should be effortless.”

My last book of the year? Effortless by Bethany-Kris of course.

I can't deny I'm definitely falling in love more and more with this Legacy Novels and Tom and Cam book wasn't the exception.

Effortless, is a more relaxed novel with less angst but a lot of smut (Yas!), we learn the ride our characters have to travel to get their happily ever after, it's probably the less b
Becca - Wicked Quests of a BookNinja
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

description

I ADORE Bethany-Kris’ books. If I remember correctly, her books were the first books I’ve fangirled for. She was the author who built the anticipation so good I couldn’t help but watching the calendar and wait for the day until I can have her new release in my hands.

And this book is just so amazing, I’m totally speechless. Tom and Camilla stole my heart in no time. Bethany-Kris works with nothing but complex characters, and they’re the perfect example for this statement. This whole story is mind
Kendall
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
That ending was just perfect. To laugh at the end was everything that is Tommaso & Camilla.

Cam is a hell cat, free spirited, pseudo feminist and Tom is a less arrogant version of her brother, Cross.

I really enjoyed her character, she is what most young girls are today yet her inner angst made me want to shake her. For someone whose parents have a relationship that withstood so much, it was confusing to connect with her & her immature reluctance of love. But I believe that may have been
Maria11
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 really

This is one of the first books by this author that I really didn’t love. I really didn’t like Camilla, there was just something about her. I just wanted to hear from my favorite guy Cross. He is the best...anyway I digress....

I just didn’t get into the relationship and felt like she was so mean to Tom. It is a sweet story no real drama or heartache. Ok read
Scarlett Se Leva
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
After reading the other books in the Legacy series, this was a delightful change. There was not has much heaviness in this story. I love that the author went this route, but don’t get me wrong if it was heavy I most light would still find it captivating.
For me, Bethany Kris novels has always been one that I can easily get lost in and this was no different. The book was easy-to-read, I got easily imbedded into this book.
We got a glimpse of Camilla and Tommaso in the Unruly novel. This book give
Tanaka K
When you are reading a Bethany Kris book, one should expect some dark and hardcore mafia action that is explosive and pretty much addictive. Effortless was different. I am loving the Legacy novels so much. The kids all grown up are starting to feel like their parents and this is making me smile. Effortless totally gave me goosebumps. After the heaviness of the Cross+Catherine trilogy, Bethany Kris decided to give me something totally contemporary and just beautiful. I was in absolute heaven read ...more
Aneeqa (ReadMatic.Book.Blog)
If you know me then you will know that I was introduced to this lovely mafia world when I first received the arc for Revere, which is cross and Catherine's book and I fell in love. Hence it was a no-brainer for me when this stumbled into my life. Who can resist a Donati right?

I really loved this book (I was not expecting anything less to be completely honest with you guys!) and before you proceed any further into the review, know that I highly recommend you read this book ASAP! And if you haven’
Expresso
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great story! Effortless is a legacy novel and definitely a challenge. In a very good way of course. This story is romance and although the business is mentioned here and there, relationships are the focus in this story!

Cam is a handful. She’s feisty. She knows exactly what she wants. She doesn’t hesitate to go after what she wants. She is a no nonsense, shoot straight from the hip kinda girl! She is quite the firecracker. And Tom is just the guy to tame that flame! Cam gives ole boy a ru
Julia ⏃  ✦ :The Romance Rebels: ⏃ ✦
Effortless by Bethany-Kris was a more fluffier story then her other works. It focuses more on the relationship of Camilla and Tommaso, rather than the business.

Camilla is rather feisty, and will stop at nothing to get what she want's. And her eyes are set dead on Tommaso Rossi. The bad boy, with a quite mind. Her mo is that she doesn't do relationships, there to messy. Can't stay in one spot, for too long. Cam is scared to let anyone in, and see the vulnerability that she hides behind her mask.
Sangria
Different, sweet and easy.....

That was a good easy read. Tommaso was a nice addition. I always wanted his story, and pairing him up with Camilla? Interesting.

She’s a tad too wild for me, but I enjoyed the second half of the book a lot.

So, now that I’m all caught up (yay!) I noticed we’re getting Johns book. But, I’m left wondering if I missed Andinos story or it’s still yet to be told? Because.....we got a sneak into his life in Catherine & Crosses book.....so hmmmm.

Liana Vanoyan
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Effortless is a love story between Camilla Donati and Tommaso Rossi. Grown up in the same world, but different destinations,and their meeting changed them.

It was easy to fall for both Tom and Cam. I adored Tom's understanding, honor, passion, He really was a good and decent man. He was just finding his way in life, looking for his purpose, and this story was about his journey in finding himself. I admired Cam's independence, her ambitions, her confidence, and her vulnerability.
maureen
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is an amazing love story filled with so much angst!! I couldn’t put this book down!! Not only is this a beautiful love story that is so hot your kindle will sizzle its a mafia story. Believe me Between the action with the mob and the romance you will be up all night just so you can finish. Great read and can’t wait to read more from this author.
Nikki
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, 2nd-favves
4.5
Loved it!
Velvet Messer
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Effortless love

This book was a bit different from the others I have read by Bethany Kris. Granted the mafia aspect is there but this book focuses more on romance. The effortless romance between Camilla Donati and Tommaso Rossi. Being that this is the first legacy book I wish I would have read it before the others. But that didn't take away from it being that this a complete standalone. Old characters make appearances - which is always fabulous.

Cam and Tom are hot, hot, hot!!! The chemistry betwe
Izzie d
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mafia
This is a bit of a change for Bethany Kris. This story is not a thriller but is purely romance.
We are back with the next generation from The Chicago War series. Tom and Camilla.
Tom is amazing, he is loyal and patient with Cam. He is also dealing with being the bosses son and trying to find his place, so although I said it's a romance it does touch on 'business' just not any major action that we have seen in previous books.
There is plenty from the different characters from the Chicago war series
Anne Milne
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is more relationship focused than the other books the family business is still there but takes a back seat this time to Camilla and Tommaso.

I love Camilla she’s strong, feisty a free spirit who bucks against expectations and lives her life exactly how she wants. What really made me happy was her family loved her for who she is and never tried to change her.

Tommaso is a bad boy that’s a given but he’s not reckless, he’s a quiet contemplative thinking man. He feels stifled in his mafia
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
First, I HAVE to mention this cover. Good Lord man, it’s gorgeous! Bethany-Kris has the most amazing covers. They are so classic looking and elegant. Every time she releases a new book I want the paperback so super badly! Effortless is no different than all her other books… just beautiful. They make you stop and look at them. I know if I hadn’t already read her, I’d want her books based purely on the covers, however, the words that are between the cover and ending is just as perfect.

So here we h

• Where the Snow Falls (Seasons of Betrayal, #2)
  • The Bellator Saga: The First Trilogy (Bellator Saga, #1-3)
  • A Love For Always (Always, #3)
  • Fighting Fate (Harrow #1)
  • Worth the Wait (Nature of Desire, #9)
  • The Last Boss' Daughter
  • Deeper Than Dreams (Love & Steel, #1.5)
  • Cash Remington and the Missing Heiress (Sexy Dreadfuls, #1)
  • Brutal Game (Flynn and Laurel, #2)
  • The Waltz (Sexual Awakenings, #1)
  • Block Party (Twin Estates, #3)
  • The Wedding of Molly O'Flaherty (The London Lovers, #2)
  • Unblocked - Episode Four (Timber Towers, #4)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new

Legacy Novels (4 books)
  • Always (Cross + Catherine #1; Legacy Novels)
  • Revere (Cross + Catherine #2; Legacy Novels)
  • Unruly (Cross + Catherine #3; Legacy Novels)
“Because weak men don’t know how to deal with women who are not looking for a man’s approval or opinion.” 1 likes
“If you’re funding, feeding, or fucking me, then I guess you can call me whatever the hell the you want, but only when you’re doing those things.” 1 likes