Start by marking “Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Baking: Recipes and Techniques for Succcessful Home Baking” as Want to Read:

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  185 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
A revised overview of the fine art of baking provides a close-up look at the fundamental ingredients, essential equipment, and basic techniques of successful baking, featuring step-by-step photographs, baking tips and tricks, more than 140 delicious recip
Title: Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Baking
Author: Williams, Chuck (EDT)/ Burgett, Cathy (CON)/ Klivans, Elinor (CON)/ P
Published October 1st 2008 by Oxmoor House (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Baking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Baking

The Joy of Cooking by Irma S. RombauerHow to Cook Everything by Mark BittmanMastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia ChildBetter Homes and Gardens New Cook Book by Better Homes and GardensThe New Best Recipe by Cook's Illustrated Magazine
Best Cookbooks
1,105 books — 1,026 voters
Williams-Sonoma Collection by Brigit BinnsWilliams-Sonoma Collection by Beth HenspergerWilliams-Sonoma Collection by Diane Rossen WorthingtonWilliams-Sonoma Collection by Erica De ManeSalad by Georgeanne Brennan
Williams-Sonoma
110 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathy
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: use-often
As anyone who knows me well could attest, I love to bake (well, I like to embroider too, but that's a different review). Received this book as a gift many years ago from a friend who knew of my "kitchen obsessions." I have several recipes that are now tried and true favorites and MANY I'd love to try just once! Beautiful photos...what's not to enjoy!
Courtney
Jan 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has never let me down! I typically rely on it for yeast bread recipes (sourdough, molasses-oat, rustic loafs), but was thrilled to find a banana bread recipe that yields a moist, delicious loaf.
Casey
Dec 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, cooking
I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, but this is a good basic baking book. It explains all the terms and techniques and has lots of delicious-looking recipes. Full color photos of each recipe and various techniques are always appreciated in a cookbook.
Zeala
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: bakers, people who are unsure about baking
I love this book. It's got extra information, is easy to understand, has options if you want to switch up your recipe and so far everything that I have baked has been delicious.
I also appreciate that it has values for cups, oz and grams.
Vanessa
Jan 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
this book is used more than any other cookbook in my kitchen. great how-to for learning to make all kinds of doughs. every recipe in this book has been fabulous.
Maria
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful book!
Brianna
Mar 30, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Many of the techniques in this book are beyond my ability, but it is a good resource to have in the kitchen when trying a new baking skill out.
Dennis
May 03, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
It's pretty. Lots of gorgeous photos. There are some excellent recipes, particularly for desserts, but its more flash and dazzle than necessary.
Piper
I loved it! 5 stars!
Elizabeth
Sep 13, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food, non-fiction
A great source for a lot of traditional baking recipes, as well as some modern ones.
Mary
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best baking book I own - EVERY recipe I try from this book is GOLD! The new edition is probably better, but I dont own it ... yet ...
Kirshaq
Aug 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great bread book!! I have learned so much about bread ever since I was sent this book. Great recipes and great information. This is for anyone who wants to make any kind of bread.
Mrs.
Jul 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
If you are looking for a comprehensive baking book that is NOT written for professionals, yet is beautifully photographed, has recipes that both work and look appetizing, this is it.
Abdul
Dec 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good and easy to follow instructions. Baked a pound cake from this book.
Catherine Woodman
This series is very well produced and the recipes do tend to work out--just not especially imainative
Beth
Sep 02, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: my-books
This is a vast tome of all things baking. If there's not something in here for everyone, I'll eat my hat.
Elizabeth
Aug 15, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Christmas gift from my aunt, who gave the same cookbook to my other two adult siblings. Lots of gorgeous baked goods which I plan to make at Christmas time.
Carol
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
I picked this book up from the sale rack of my local independent bookstore and have not been disappointed. There are lots of helpful tips and instructions as well as great recipes.
Téa
Aug 20, 2015
Christy
Jan 30, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Paula Deen's Southern Cooking Bible: The New Classic Guide to Delicious Dishes with More Than 300 Recipes
  • Williams-Sonoma Collection: Dessert
  • New Recipes from Moosewood Restaurant, rev
  • The America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook
  • The Taste of Home Baking Book
  • The All New Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook: Over 1,250 of Our Best Recipes
  • Vegetables Every Day: The Definitive Guide to Buying and Cooking Today's Produce With More Than 350 Recipes
  • Pure Dessert