Start by marking “Unexpected Allies (The Tokhan Bratva, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unexpected Allies (The Tokhan Bratva, #1)

Unexpected Allies

(The Tokhan Bratva #1)

She was a bad b*tch—Her name sparked fear in those that had the nerve to run from her. Mila Petrovna was a soldier in the Tokhan Bratva, the most powerful crime family in New York City, run by her brother. She collected debts on behalf of her brother and the Bratva. It was Mila who ensured that the Bratva had deadly soldiers to fight. But who would be there to ensure that ...more
Published March 13th 2018 by Bass House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected Allies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected Allies

Deborah
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it

3.5*

I really enjoyed this book.

You could argue there’s nothing new here and the writing is dreadful but I still enjoyed it.

It reminded me so much of Lietha Wards books to the extent I stopped reading and checked it wasn’t hers. I love her books but the writing is terrible.

Anyway back to this book.

Mila Petrovna is not a female to be messed with. She’s a captain in the Tokhan Bratva, reporting to her brother and father. Her father i
Maria11
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Action packed

Wow what a read! Enjoyed it!

Lots of bravta action and lots of sexiness! The steam off Kole and Mila was extra hot.

Mila was tough as nails and dang I want to be just like her. She didn’t take any prisoners, yet kept her girly side too without being weak. There is no I found the man of my dreams and he can take over now! They were equals entirely.

Kole is one hunk of an alpha. He too takes no prisoners, but he always treats Mila as an equal. He is way sexy.
Samantha
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely enjoyed this book. The chemistry between the main characters were explosive. The female was so bad ass and an enforcer in the Bratva. That was a nice bonus and twist. The "I love You" came fast. I didn't think they knew each other that well but ok since the connection was undeniable. There were minor hiccups with the plot and the ending went a bit smoothly but overall a nice read.

I'll be on the lookout for more books by this author.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
Anyon who knows me knows that Mafia books are my jam. I can read tons of them and never get tired of them as there is something about the do or die lifestyle and the hot alpha male and the woman who brings him to his knees. I LOVED Kole and Mila. They were hot af and their commitment and dedication to their families was amazing to watch. I could not get enough of their story.

When Kole Belotov and Mila Petrovna meet, it's under adversarial conditions. As the sister of the head of the
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

I love mafia romances, this is no secret, so I am always on the lookout for a new series and/author to check out. Unexpected Allies is a really good start to a series that I have a feeling I am going to really enjoy. It took me a little bit to get into it but once I did I didn’t want to put it down. I love it when there is the added element that they are from two rival families; it just makes things even more intense.

Mil
Brandy Roberts
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book the blurb is what really drew me in then when I got to the first chapter I was hooked . This would be the first book I've read by Peyton Banks and I know I'll be reading more byt her in the future . I can't wait to see whats to come in the Tokhan bratva series
Alina
Mar 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
We first meet the hero in chapter 2 when he sleeps with a prostitute. I don't want to read that !!
It just went down hill from there
It felt to vague, lack of descriptions, I was confused for a while if this was taking place in Russia or America.
Every woman around the hero is voluptuous and gorgeous and that's a bit unrealistic.
And the heroine hasn't had sex in a while, she will obviously only have it with the hero, while he just had sex a few hours before he met with the h
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! The talented Peyton Banks definitely wrote a story that packed one hell of an exciting punch. Between laying the foundation for the players, it didn't come off rushed, and yet, it took no time before the insane action took off! It all started with Mila Petrovna, the deadliest soldier in the Tokhan Bratva, who was accused of a heinous act that started a huge war. Then there's Kole Bozovic, the head of a rival up & coming gang who refuses to answer to no one. When he & Mila are thrown ...more
Pelusa Rivera
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author. Wow! Bravo Peyton, this was the first in the series and it started with a bang. I was intrigued when we meet Mila a female magia enforcer and she was no joke. Then we meet Kole who is in avrival gang and they are taboo for each other, but that will not stop them because their attraction was too strong. My friends i shall not tell you more, grab a copy and Enjoy!!!
G.M. Scherbert
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gangster love

Loved this mob story, my first read from this author, but won't be the last ! Do you like steamy? Then this is for you
Laquita Collins
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was trying to do an Q&A about the Sequel to this book. When is that coming out ? Base on the little sample it sounds like a interesting read.
Sheri
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
No one has ever came close to catching Mila Petrovna's eye. Finding love in a world of organized crime isn't easy. Who wants a girl that has not only has a mind of her own, tough as nails and is one of the best Mob Enforcers in all of New York? But Mila's world will soon be rocked when a rival mobster crosses paths with the stunning Russian beauty.

Kole Bozovic is not only part of the same lifestyle as Mila, he appreciates what and who Mila has to be. Now only if she wasn't from a riv
Barbara
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding Start to the series. Ms. Banks has written a thrilling Mafia story that will sweep you up and capture you to the end. I literally couldn't put the book down until finished. The action, the suspense, the romance, the erotic sex what just captivating and moved at great pace - Kudo's Ms. Banks for a job well done. The reader will most certainly be waiting for book 2 Unexpected Chaos.

I love books with strong characters, especially the women, and the author does not disappoint
Mahwish
May 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I saw the blurb and just had to read UNEXPECTED ALLIES. I began with such high hopes but was left sorely disappointment.

Ms. Peyton has tried to bring us a strong lead, Mila, who is bloodthirsty wench, but I think she went a bit overboard. Mila sure is a badass and one of the characters I would have grown to love, if only she was well written. Kole is a badass too and a good match for Mila but again they were underdeveloped and chemistry felt a bit forced

I guess, my main i
Romance Between The Sheets
Firstly, I love the cover of Unexpected Allies, upon reading the first few chapters you can image both Mila and Kole. Both these characters had amazing chemistry and I had simply devoured their intense and fast-paced journey together.

This Mafia mystery story was well paced and the author wove it really well in amongst the love story that was growing between Mila and Kole. Kole showed such respect towards Mila and her strength as a woman but he gave her the emotional support she was y
Brittany Alexander
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To be honest, I didn't think I would like this book as much as I did.

Mainly because it's about a female enforcer (the person that goes and collects debts and if that person doesn't have the money, she tortures them). If it had been a male enforcer, I would have been fine, but going in I was a bit skeptical. (I know, I know, double standards. *insert eye roll emoji here*)

The book only really showed one scene where Mila went to extract a debt. The rest was her falling in love with a r
Molly
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: mafi adventure and romance fans
Recommended to Molly by: booksprout
In this first book of the trilogy, we meet the members of the Tokhan Bratva. I enjoyed an advance copy of this book from Booksprout.

Born out of the underworld in Russia, this gang has a tough female captain of its soldiers: Mila Petrovna. Her brother Pascha leads the gangs activities in New York. Her cousin Nikolai leads actions further south on the Eastern Seaboard. Her father Sal leads operations back in Russia.

We meet a variety of soldiers, enemies, and allies.

Can Mila survive a
She's a Lip Biter
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by this author that I've had the pleasure to read.

Mila is a tough as nails soldier who selects and trains other soldiers in the Tokhan Bratva, she also collects debts for her brother who is in charge of New York and her father is the head in Russia, the Grand Pakhan. Kole Bozovic is their rival, running the Belotov Gang. He sees her and knows it is Mila he wants for himself.

Unexpected Allies is a fast-paced, easy to read book that has lots of drama
Debbie Caswell
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author and I am looking forward to future books from her hopefully in this series

This is a book set in the world of the Bratva this seems to be a very popular genre at the moment but Peyton Banks knocked it out of the park with this book in that for once the heroine was also Bratva not just some innocent woman. Mila Petrovna was definitely Bratva she wasn't known as the collector for no reason you definitely didn't want her coming after you Kole Bozovic
💋Meme Chanell Book Corner💋
This girl is in the mafia and takes no bull.
Mila is one tough girl. She is the collector of money owed to her family.
Kole runs Belotov shipping and also runs the Belotov gang on the side what happens when these two meet. They are enemies they both want to run New York. Mila is thinking that Kole maybe the type of man she needs.

When trouble comes looking for Mila at a party Kole is to her rescue. Mila and Kole have quite the adventure after this going on the run. This stor
Robyn Corcoran
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a fast paced book and very easy to read, a great book in which to become absorbed into the Mafia environment.

Mila, as the lead soldier for her brother, the pakhan of New York, is a legend as a collector. Kole is the head of a rival gang that the pakhan is keen to take over. After seeing Mila, Kole feels incredible chemistry and is determined to have a taste of her delights.

Together they form an immensely strong team, ready to take on any and all threats. Both are
Books After Fifty
Wooowwweeyyy what an action packed, drama filled, heroine kicks a** kind of book.

I loved this book from the get go, Peyton Banks doesn’t hold back letting her readers know exactly who the main characters are and what they are all about. It’s all about strength, determination, a bit of rivalry, sex to spice things up and romance, everything you want and more in a mafia book.

I would have liked to see some more personal development from the characters towards the end of the book, going into detai
Katie
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it

Ashley Carr, LSoR
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the new twist on this mafia book- A female enforcer. But she is excellent at her job collecting the money that is owed and torturing the individuals that can’t come up with a payment. When she has to extract payment from a rival Boss’s gang Kole, the Boss, steps in. He knows Mika is off limits, but there is no denying the explosive chemistry between the two. Way to start off a series!! I highly recommend this book to anyone wanting a strong kick-a** female lead.

** I voluntar
Brandy
Fast paced mafia story...

I really enjoyed this book. It was a good fast paced Mafia Romance and the start of a good series that I can't wait to finish!!
This book was gritty, fast paced, and steamy hot hot hot.
Mila was a kick ass heroine, and Kole was a definite alpha-badass!!!
I can't wait to read the next book in the series!!!

Maria Engblom
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mila and Kole’s story is I think the beginning of a great series, She is not the weak female that you read about, does as she is told. As a couple they have a hot chemistry, Kole is a strong Alpha and knows what he wants and nothing will stop him. These two were made for each other, they are the ying and yang that each need. This is a great start to a new series that I am sure will be awesome.

poppy
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you enjoy a good mafia romance then you should give this book a read it was well written and a super start to a new series.It did start a little slow but once it picked up I really enjoyed it.I liked that fact that Mila was the high up in the Bravta it not usual in most of these books I really enjoyed the chemistry between Cole and Mila it made for a really steamy read.I am looking forward to the next book
Tanya
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
she is a solider for her brothers cartel. she trains other and will do what is needed when it is needed. their rival notices her and he wants her. he should not but he does. so who will protect her? will he get her? what trouble will it start? see what will happen

Carol
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author and I was pleasantly surprised. It was well thought out and well written. It had romance, suspense and kept you turning pages to see what happened next. The story line was great and the characters came to life. I recommend this to all! I received it as an arc and voluntarily reviewed it
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great storyline! Hard to put down! Intense and Emotional! Hot Chemistry! I truly enjoyed this read! Get it and Read it!

Peyton Banks is the alter ego of a city girl who is a romantic at heart. Her mornings consist of coffee and daydreaming up the next steamy romance book ideas. She loves spinning romantic tales of hot alpha males and the women they love. She currently resides with her husband and children in Cleveland, Ohio.