Start by marking “Clockwise & Gone (In Times Like These #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Clockwise & Gone (In Times Like These #0.5)

Clockwise & Gone

(In Times Like These #0.5)

Would You Murder Your Past To Save Your Future?

Emily Davis is living a night to celebrate, but before the champagne can be finished, she finds herself facing strange and unsettling realities. When her new fiancé returns from a crisis at the power plant and begins acting strangely, Emily is dragged into a whirlwind of events that make her question everything she knows about
Published January 1st 2018 by Skylighter Press

To ask other readers questions about Clockwise & Gone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clockwise & Gone

Start your review of Clockwise & Gone (In Times Like These #0.5)
Paul
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
For when you just want one chocolate-covered almond instead of the whole box of chocolates.

This is a sampler of Nathan's In Times Like These. It's worth taking the hour (or two) to knock it over. After all, you can always just dial your "watch/chronathon thingy" to get that hour (or two) back after you finish.
Bookish Devil
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Set in 2043, the story starts off on jubilant note for Emily Davis who was recently promoted as the new head of Gammatech's Safety Division. But the rhapsody soon wears off for her when she notices an oddity in her new fiancé's behavior. Before she could cogitate on the matter, he shanghais Emily and intends to do something really vile. But things go shambolic as a result of which she time travels to the future where she meets a couple of allies who apprise her of the bizarre turn of events.

She
Marika Charalambous
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quick novella in the series. It can be read as prequel or simply in publication order. It was fun to read, however, now that I'm thinking, maybe it shouldn't be read as a prequel. The first book in the series takes a lot of time explaining the time-travel rules, and without those, you might be lost in this. As a shorter novella, it doesn't go all too deep in the nitty-gritty of how to jump to other timelines.
Sabrina
Apr 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emily's newly engaged fiance leaves the apartment for a few minutes, but when he returns with stubble and smelling of new after shave, she's sure something strange is up. He says she is in danger, but who is the real danger here?
A mysterious and intriguing story. Short, but with enough detail to get really into it. The time travel system is well thought through.
Yahuhanan (יהוחנן) Yukia (雪亮) Sese (謝) Cuneta
A Carson Adventure

Nice to see a Carson adventure and another glimpse into the Time Travel Community.

Now, I really think this isn't fiction… I remember hearing about this operation once… 🤔🤔
Mark Speed
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller, time-travel, ya
A tightly-written novella from the In Times Like These series. Gripping and enjoyable.
Craig Askham
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Welcome Addition

Nice, quick read. Familiar characters, well written, and just enough to keep me going until the next, full length offering. If you're a fan of the series, it's money well spent.
Alan
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable, but a missed opportunity

I love Nathan's time travel series, but feel that this was a lost opportunity. This was an entertaining story that could, nay should have been stretched into a full book length adventure. Maybe, I'm just being greedy.
Krystyna
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How it feels to meet yourself

A really thought provoking read. Time travel - real or a figment of imagination? Great characters from the never say die heroine with an overwhelming thirst for life to the unlikely hero (a very laid back time traveller who still manages to get things done in double quick time).
Today had started out well with a promotion and now dinner out with her boyfriend. An engagement ring was a surprise but it looked good on her finger. Calls from the plant inspectors couldn't
Bonnie Dale Keck
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
kindle unlimited, just something or things bit 'off', and confusing {and read time travel stuff all the time so it just being that wouldn't be the issue}

Would You Murder Your Past To Save Your Future?

Lana
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it
This novella read like a prelude to the series that has been so well received. I am also a fan of the series, they were creative, fun and engrossing. Though this book continues (if you've read the series) with the now familiar themes and one character from the series, this was an inadequate appetizer to the main course.

Where the previous books felt fresh and inventive, this book is fluff and exploitative. I felt cheated after reading this and was asking myself why it was even written?! I think
Marilyn
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exciting, mysterious, thrilling are just a few words that come to mind when I think about this fast paced novella.
I love short stories where a lot happens in a short amount of time. You will love the wild and curious adventure our protagonist has.
Nathan is a master at creating ingenious stories. If you like unique time travel stories you’ll love this one which is a great intro into the In Times Like These series.
This was a great read from start to finish.
Debra Chiaro
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Explosive

When a women becomes engaged to a millionaire, she just wants to have fun. Blue he leaves her to take care of his company anyway and when he returns he is a different man entirely. This guy wants her to leave with him right now, but she figures out why and she no longer wants to stay with him no matter what.

I would recommend this short story to anyone who has read the last 3 books first so they understand the rules of time travel.

charles rogers
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No cooling rods

I have a doctor's degree in experimental nuclear physics . I have not heard of cooling rods in nuclear reactors. Reactors do have cadmium control rods. Cadmium absorbs neutrons and thereby diminishes the chain reaction and hence the power produced by the reactor. This is a glaring flaw in an otherwise excellent story. Change "cooling rods" to "control rods" and I will be happy.
Charles W Rogers

Ginelle Blanch
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's more to the world than Emily knows but, she's about to get a first-hand look at it all!

Dangerous, exciting, and full of action. Was so excited to see more of one of my favorite characters from In Times Like These.

This gives a really good look I to how or choices can directly, and sometimes adversely, effect our reality. Cutting corners is never a very good idea

I enjoyed hearing how the narrator brought this story to life.
Kevin L Morris
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great page turner from the new master of time travel!

This is a novella, not a full length novel.

Another gripping story from the new master of time travel. Although it stands on it own you would be well served by reading In Times Like These first. It will help you understand the mechanics of time travel and introduce one of the important characters i. This story.
Adeyinka Adenuga
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Snacklike

Having read the whole in times like this series, this was a nice small bite of the same, it touched on a good concept enabled by the branching universe, but didn't have nearly enough to satisfy. If you've not read the trilogy, and you like time travel stories - do it now!
Jonathan Markevich
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Always worth reading an ITLT novel, this was a short novelette in that universe. I'm not totally sure why, though. It gives a very light intro to the mechanics of the series but at the same time spoils one of the coolest tricks used in Chronothon.

Recommendation: read it, but read it after all of the others - at least after Chronothon.
Brad
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Short Story About Carson

This story takes us back to one of Ben’s companions on his first time traveling adventure. It was a quick read-an hour plus. It still had time for some good character development and a great story. nathan proves that time travel can be exciting in small scoops as well as large bowls.
Iwaswondering
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great companion to an amazing series!

The “In Times Like These” series has become one of my favorite time-travel stories. The plot is amazing and well thought out. Clockwise & Gone is a great companion story to the series. It is a quick read and brings a little more story to one character in the main series.
Bethany Cousins
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“They may as well have been in another world.” Clockwise & Gone is an absolute whirlwind of an adventure in the world of In Times Like These. Fast-paced, dark and thrilling, it forces its characters to make difficult decisions and to accept unimaginable new realities. ...more
Marcus Baker
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

Fans of the "In Times Like These" series will fall straight into this one; it's a single sitting read that ticks the old boxes. Looking forward to (hopefully) more of the same from NVC in the future. Or the past ;-)
Gabrielle
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
It has the making of being a great science fiction book. I love he premise but the character were sadly so generic and boring! All well. I will continue to watch ,"Black Mirror" for more interesting content with this genre.
Walter Jones
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice revisit with an old friend

I devoured this story in an hour. It's a real page turner. The action keeps on coming, and the bittersweet story is so sad, but the ending is worth all the angst. And Carson is cool. I wondered what happened to him.
Sam
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really love this writer, another brilliant book in the series In Times Like These! Love the story, characters & writing style! Gets your attention & keeps you reading to find out what's going to happen next! Can't wait for the next book! ...more
Bonnie DeMoss
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novella was fast paced and full of adventure. The complications that can arise in time travel sometimes left my head spinning, but in a good way. I recommend the In Times Like These series to all time travel fans.
Melinda
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a good quick read - and to be honest, a really well-developed short story. I loved the concepts that were explored in this novella - time travel, alternate realities and corruption across time planes. Good stuff.
David Frank
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent writing! Great story!

I am totally hooked on this series. I can’t wait fro read the next one! Really good flow and seamless cohesion in the writing. Nice depth to characters and surprises aplenty.
Kerry Sharp
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short and swift

A nice moral dilemma, that's why I like time travel. Characters are mostly believable but their motivations are a bit sus. If you stole a time machine, how would you make money?
Alistair Ravie
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Emily is engaged to a top exec of a nuclear facility which goes wrong. She finds herself being kidnapped to have her organs used to save her future self, can she escape and prevent the whole situation happening. Perhaps she can with the help of her future self and a time traveling agent.

• Seven Rules of Time Travel
  • Memoirs of a Time Traveler (Time Amazon Book 1)
  • Out Of Time
  • The Death and Life of Dominick Davidner (Middle Falls Time Travel #3)
  • The Unusual Second Life of Thomas Weaver (Middle Falls Time Travel, #1)
  • The Emancipation of Veronica McAllister (Middle Falls Time Travel #5)
  • The Redemption of Michael Hollister (Middle Falls Time Travel #2)
  • The Changing Lives of Joe Hart (Middle Falls Time Travel, #6)
  • A Gift of Time
  • The Final Life of Nathaniel Moon (Middle Falls Time Travel #4)
  • The Network
  • Joseph Bridgeman and the Silver Hunter (The Downstream Diaries #2)
  • The Tribulations of Ned Summers (Middle Falls Time Travel #9)
  • A Ripple In Time: A Historical Novel Of Survival
  • Finding Lucy
  • The Vigilante Life of Scott Mckenzie (Middle Falls Time Travel #7)
  • A Door Into Time: An Alex Hawk Time Travel Adventure
  • The Empathetic Life of Rebecca Wright (Middle Falls Time Travel #10)
Nathan Van Coops lives in St. Petersburg Florida on a diet comprised mainly of tacos. He enjoys old planes, motorcycles, and Volkswagens; and contends that there is such a thing as “dressy” flip-flops. He is the author of three time travel adventure novels: In Times Like These, The Chronothon, and The Day After Never. You can also check out his sci-fi sky pirate adventure, Faster Than Falling.

Get

In Times Like These (4 books)
  • In Times Like These
  • The Chronothon (In Times Like These, #2)
  • The Day After Never (In Times Like These, #3)
  • The Warp Clock (In Times Like These, #4)