Start by marking “The Collapsing Kingdom (The Land Without Color #3)” as Want to Read:
The Collapsing Kingdom (The Land Without Color #3)

The Collapsing Kingdom

(The Land Without Color #3)

Throughout the Kingdom, the grayness has returned and the ground is collapsing beneath Brandon's feet into a giant, bottomless void. Nutritious fruits and vegetables are no longer growing. And people are missing, including his Grandpa Alvin.

With the help of a giant bald eagle and his best friend, Brandon must elude the tenacious Officer Reed, escape from the dangerous Spid
Published November 28th 2017 by Beaver's Pond Press

To ask other readers questions about The Collapsing Kingdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Collapsing Kingdom

Start your review of The Collapsing Kingdom (The Land Without Color #3)
John Winston
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First, there was Alvin who introduced us to The Land Without Color (TLWC). Then, we learned how it all happened with Otto and The Great Sugar War. Now, Brandon takes the reader on the most adventurous and dangerous journey of all: saving The Collapsing Kingdom. Benjamin Ellefson is true to form in this 3rd installment of TLWC, driving home the importance of vegetables in our lives, and he doubles down on the consequences of eating poorly. He does all of this by bringing the imagination into play ...more
Clare O'Beara
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult-sff
This is the third tale in the Land without Colour. Mostly the land does have colour, like anywhere, and the fruits and berries and vegetables help to sustain people's colour and keep them strong. But from time to time the evil serpents sneak in and try to steal all the colour.

On this occasion you should have read at least the second book because that ended on a cliff-hanger and this book takes up the story. In the previous tales we saw resourceful young lads who each met an animal friend. This
Charles Ray
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Raised on stories of his grandfather and great-grandfather’s heroism, Brandon never thought that one day he’d be called upon to be brave and fearless. But, one day, the kingdom starts turning gray, and certain spots are disappearing. Brandon’s in trouble at his school for questioning the teacher’s lectures, and when he plays hooky to find proof that he’s right, he’s chased by the school security guard.
The Collapsing Kingdom by Benjamin Ellefson is book three in the Land Without Color series, and
Gigi Sedlmayer
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
And the story is wrapping up with this story, as Brandon continues his great imagination of that land. Here his world becomes grey again, until it collapses.
You have to read the story for the ending.
Finley
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I received books 2 and 3 of this series for free as part of a giveaway hosted by GoodReads. I will be reviewing the full series here.

The Land Without Color series is a charming saga for young readers. The Land of Color does not seem to live up to its name very well, as every few decades, it seems its vibrant color is threatened by an unseen force, and the citizens are deceived to look in every direction but the correct one in order to restore their energy and color. In the first book, Brandon’s
Julie Failla Earhart
This is the final book in “The Land Without Color” seris, and I have really enjoyed the series. It is highly imaginative and quite unique.

In this episode, all the color is missing from the Kingdom. There are no fruits and vegetables that give the people their color; I found this an intersting way that the author gives parents to explain to their children the importance of eating their fruits and veggies.

Brandon has gone to Grandpa Alvin’s house only to discover two things: Grandpa appears to b
Lora Shouse
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The vile snakes are back stealing the color from the Kingdom of Color once again. This time it is Brandon’s turn to save the kingdom from them.

When he finds that a large hole has opened up in Grandpa Alvin’s basement, Brandon realizes that something bad has happened to his grandfather. As the hole spreads to engulf the entire house, just barely leaving Brandon time to escape to the road, it comes to him that the snakes have returned.

In his quest to discover what is going on, Brandon discovers so
Bonnie Dale Keck
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
kindle unlimited, it seems, but also freebie day or permafree; interesting, probably more so if was kid, and the illustrations, too, pay attention to those

Staci (stacisbookishprobs)
3.5/5 stars

Thank you to the author for kindly sending me this book for an honest review!

I received the first 2 books in this trilogy for review a couple of years ago so I was very excited when Benjamin reached out again and asked me to review the final book!

This is probably my favorite book out of the three. I loved following Brandon’s story line and there was a lot more to the mystery than the others. The art work is absolutely adorable and I love the message about kids eating their vegetables
Stephanie
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wrapping up the series with another great story! If you enjoy action and adventure this is the series for you! Kids of all ages will enjoy hearing and/or reading about The Land of Color.

I was gifted an ARC in return of an honest review.
Janie
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining

"The Collapsing Kingdom" by Benjamin Ellefson is the 3rd book in this series. The main character Brandon has an active imagination and makes the book enjoyable. Highly recommend the whole series. Great for 8+ reader.
Tena
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-goodread_wins
I won a kindle version #GoodreadsGiveaway
Lucas
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Like the other ones but the ending wasn't my style :p ...more
gillion
GUESS WHO QUOTED THAT BOOK? THAT'S MEEEEEEE.

Anyway, this is a satisfying end to this trilogy and I cannot thank Ben for giving me the opportunity to read this trilogy. My quote does sum up my thoughts on this series as a whole, I have not read a good middle grade series in a long time since Percy Jackson. This book is also a great way to get your child into reading chapter books because it does have some pictures, but enough to make it a chapter book.
Dana Denning
Jessica
Meg
Debee Sue
Apr 29, 2018

• The Diary of Janie Ray - Books 6 & 7!
  • Diary of a 6th Grade Ninja 11: Beware of the Supermoon (a hilarious adventure for children ages 9-12)
  • Selfies Are Forever (Secret Agent 6th Grader, #4)
  • 6th Grade Spy
  • Attack of the Recess Ninjas
  • Diary of a Ninja Spy (An hilarious adventure for children aged 7 - 12) (Diary of a Sixth Grade Ninja Spy)
  • Secrets of New Forest Academy (Janitors, #2)
  • CJ's Treasure Chase (Disney Descendants: School of Secrets, #1)
  • Freddie's Shadow Cards (Disney Descendants: School of Secrets, #2)
  • The Secret Zoo (The Secret Zoo, #1)
  • Secrets and Shadows (The Secret Zoo, #2)
  • Incredible Manatees: Fun Animal Ebooks for Adults & Kids 7 and Up With Facts & Incredible Photos (Exploring Our Incredible World Series)
  • Lunchroom Wars
  • Dogs Don't Tell Jokes (Someday Angeline, #2)
  • Wanted (Chase Ryder, #1)
  • No Talking
  • Tales of the Great Beasts (Spirit Animals, #0.5)
  • Random Harry Potter Facts You Probably Don't Know: 154 Fun Facts and Secret Trivia
Award winning author Benjamin Ellefson loves writing whimsical adventures for children of all ages.

Childhood was a magical time for him. Benjamin grew up in a neighborhood full of kids. Every day was filled with imagination, adventures, fantasy, and wonderful stories. In school he loved any project that let him explore his creativity.

When Benjamin was older, he traveled across the country to study

The Land Without Color (3 books)
  • The Land without Color
  • The Great Sugar War (The Land Without Color #2)

News & Interviews

Jordan Morris is a comedy writer and podcaster whose credits include @Midnight, Unikitty! and Earth to Ned.  The sci-fi comedy Bubble is his...