Start by marking “A Murder of Magpies (The Magpies, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Murder of Magpies (The Magpies, #2)

A Murder of Magpies

(The Magpies #2)

The terrifying sequel to the #1 bestseller The Magpies.

Five years ago Jamie Knight lost everything: his home, his wife and their unborn child. But at least the woman responsible, ‘Dark Angel’ Lucy Newton, was in prison, and slowly Jamie was able to rebuild his life.

But now Lucy has been freed on appeal, and before long Jamie receives a message from a desperate stranger. Lu
Published February 27th 2018 by Amazon Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Murder of Magpies, please sign up.
Mark Edwards Hi Shawna. I gave away some review copies on my Facebook page a few weeks ago. I often run giveaways - you can find the page here: http://www.facebook…moreHi Shawna. I gave away some review copies on my Facebook page a few weeks ago. I often run giveaways - you can find the page here: http://www.facebook.com/markedwardsbooks(less)

Start your review of A Murder of Magpies (The Magpies, #2)
Sandra
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jamie Knight (now living in Australia) receives a message from an online message board from a girl named Anita asking for his help. Anita is convinced Lucy Newton (insane woman from "The Magpies") is living next door to her and is making her life miserable. Jamie decides to help...

A fun, exciting, follow-up short-story to "The Magpies". I did guess where this story was heading but I found it captivating and engrossing anyway. Jamie was still making stupid mistakes. Lucy was still crazy. The stor
Kylie D
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this stunning sequel to "The Magpies" we find Jamie, alone and living in Western Australia, trying to get his life together after the events from that book. He's attempt to put the past behind him is thwarted, however, when he receives an impassioned plea from a woman back in the UK. She has recently moved in to a duplex farmhouse building, but is experiencing similar terrors to what Jamie did when he and his former wife Kirsty lived upstairs from the Newtons. Jamie races back to the UK to he ...more
Matt
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mark Edwards made his fans wait for a time, but the delay only churned up excitement for the formal sequel to his debut novel. After the horrors that befell him in his London flat, Jamie Knight fled the country and the long-reaching grasp of Lucy Newton. Now in Australia, Jamie is trying to piece his life back together. After running into an acquaintance and sparking a renewed interest in all things Lucy Newton, Jamie receives a message on a fan page from a distressed woman, someone who seems to ...more
Lisa
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-loved
WOW what a awesome sequel to The Magpies, I loved every minute it was a short read 93 pages but as only Mark does it packed a punch he crammed so much into this that I could not put it down the tension was enormous & never missed a beat.

5 years ago Jamie Knight lost everything his house, Kristy & his unborn child now living in Freemantle Perth western Australia he is a broken man with the bottle as his only friend knowing that Lucy is in jail for life after killing 18 people.

NOW he hears that lu
Louise Wilson
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Five years ago Jamie Knight lost everything: his wife and their unborn child. But at leat the woman responsible, "Dark Angel" Lucy Newton, was in prison and Jamie was able to rebuild his life. But now Lucy has been released on appeal and Jamie receives a message from a stranger. Lucy is up to her old tricks again. Jamie agrees to help the woman but what is he getting himself into?

We have waited a while for the sequel to the magpies and I have finally found time in my busy reading schedule to slo
Linda Strong
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018

This is a short story, a sequel to this author's debut novel, THE MAGPIES. The title is well deserved as magpies are known for destroying nests of other birds.

And Lucy Newton, also known as Dark Angel, could certainly be considered a human magpie. Lucy spent some time in prison before being released on appeal. Her partner, Chris, was killed in a fire started by Jamie Knight.

Lucy and Chris were two psychopaths who never should have met. They fed off of each other and was responsible for a lot of
Erin (from Long Island, NY)
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
"Looking for a fellow cold-blooded killer to team up with. Likes: cats, torturing people, murder. Dislikes: empathy, prison, happy couples. Must have no sense of humour."

This is why Mark Edwards has quickly become 1 of my favorites! He doesn't take himself too seriously. He writes about these incredibly average people put into these outrageous situations, & as you read its just like oh man, what if that happened to me??

Ok! If you read The Magpies, then you'll definitely enjoy this update on eve
Sean Peters
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
On inspecting all the books I am behind on I gladly realised there was a sequel to "The Magpies" by Mark Edwards.

Okay, a short book but still 93 pages...

Time enough to fit a great story, a great update to the surviving characters.

But now Lucy has been freed on appeal, and before long Jami
Sue
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A MURDER of MAGPIES is the sequel to Mark Edwards debut solo novel The Magpies. It's been a long wait - five years since the first book came out, and I can't wait to get reacquainted with Jamie, Kirsty and – of course – Lucy again.

I loved The Magpies and was really excited when I heard about the sequel.

The Magpies is a psychological thriller by Mark Edwards, giving new meaning to the phrase, “Neighbors from Hell". First, I liked the title choice, as magpies are birds known for destroying the nes
Bren
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of The Magpies.
Despite everything, it was impossible to resist this chance to stroke his favorite scar.

A Murder of Magpies (The Magpies, #2)
by Mark Edwards

Not going to say to much. I just finished. It is pretty short, not a full length book and is the second installment in The Magpies.

I was a bit let down. I was. It was not bad. I am not sure this writer COULD write anything bad. But it did not have the depth of the first one and it was totally unrealistic. Maybe that is because it was written as a short. But
Gary
May 27, 2018 rated it liked it
This short story is a sequel to Mark Edwards bestseller 'The Magpies'. I am already an avid follower of this authors work so was keen to read this and although I found it a good read, it suffers for me because I am not keen on short books.

Five years ago Jamie Knight lost everything, his home, his wife and their unborn child. The woman responsible, Lucy Newton was in prison leaving Jamie to slowly rebuild his life. But his peace is shattered when Lucy is freed on appeal, and it is not long before
Mandy White
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Too short Mr Edwards... but oh so good!! Please let there be a 3rd book.. it can't end like that. A very enjoyable short story!
The Book Review Café
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Magpies was the first book I read by Mark Edwards way back in 2013 and it’s one that often springs to mind as at the time it was one of the best psychological thrillers I had read in a long time, and it’s still one of my favourite books today. So of course I had to read the sequel A Murder Of Magpies, I should point out it’s a short story and not a full length novel, but don’t let that put you off the author manages to pack a lot into this extremely terrifying sequel, and remember the old ad ...more
Andrea
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh I'm glad I decided to download this book,as wasn't sure as loved reading the magpies was it going to spoil the original book and after reading the last three books from this author I was disappointed as love the thriller and twists and this book was brilliant and hope to see more of this in his books.reading book three.a must to read the first book.highly recommend.
Jan
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it

Quick shortie picking up years after The Magpies finished.

Definitely need to have read book one for this one to make sense.
Edwards does a nice job filling in the years and bringing things to present day, leading with the main protagonist Jamie Knight.

Where this fell short for me was with the reintroduction of the antagonist Lucy. This was a much milder version of the crazy psycho from book 1. With under a 100 pages, Edwards just wasn’t able to capture that intense, nail biting page turner feeli
Shelves: fiction
It's hard to believe I actually read The Magpies over three years ago now. Even though it's a while ago since I read it, the story and characters have very much stayed with me. Of course when I found out that the author was releasing a short sequel, well obviously I had to read it.

I have to admit it didn't feel like a short story. Right from the very first page I was well and truly hooked and din't put it down until I had got to the very last page.

Fans of The Magpies will not be disappointed. It
Tracy Fenton
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I often recommend Mark Edward’s psychological thriller THE MAGPIES as I think it’s one of the best books I’ve read which gets under your skin and freaks you out, so I was over the moon to be given the chance to read A MURDER OF MAGPIES which is a novella follow up.

It took me an hour to read and that 60 minutes was absolutely gripping. This book is thrilling, exciting and typically scary and annoying it left me wanting MORE. Highly recommended for fans of the first book.
Jules
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this thriller. Definitely recommend it to those who enjoyed The Magpies, especially if you want to know what happened next.

I borrowed this through Amazon Kindle Unlimited.
Hans
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lucy, the Dark Angel, is back with a nice addition to The Magpies. It has a nice unsuspected twist halfway through.

The end leaves us with a lot of possibilites for another story about Lucy.
Lisa
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved The Magpies and I was excited to get the chance to revisit! I am so glad that Mark Edwards (view spoiler). I do hope ...more
Liz Barnsley
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow. But I LOVED this. The Magpies was one of my favourite books of its year and to return to that world is incredible. Plus it's bloody good!

Shawna P.
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-favorites
There are some things in life that should be longer.
1. Time in the day do everything.
2. A good sleep.
3. Insert witty and inappropriate joke here...

And also Mark Edwards books. When I saw there was going to be a sequel for one of my favorite books ever The Magpies I obviously had to get it ASAP.

Our favorite she devil Lucy is back and more crazy than ever. Like seriously lady, there is not enough Midol in the world to cure your irritability.

Even though this was a super short book, I was a ten
RedRedtheycallmeRed
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 STARS

At some point in the story Jamie thinks "Coming here had been yet another stupid mistake in a long line of stupid mistakes." I couldn't help but agree with him. After all he'd been through, it seemed a little strange that he'd be so gullible.

Still, I can't help but root for Jamie. The ending was a little over the top, but I will be definitely be reading the final installment of the series.
The Cats’ Mother
This novella is a bridge between Edwards’ best-selling first novel, The Magpies, which I read last week, and the sequel, The Last of the Magpies, which comes out at the end of the month, and for which I was fortunate to receive an arc. It’s only about an hours read, but fits a lot in. It only really works if you already know the characters.

Set five years after the end of The Magpies, Jamie Knight, who lost everything due to the psychopathic Newtons, is living in Australia and rebuilding his life
Nicki
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
SHE`S BACK - Lucy Newton,aka The Dark Angel,100% psychopathic crazy lady. She has recently been freed on appeal and released from prison and has apparently already found a new victim and is up to her old tricks again.

Five years ago Lucy Newton ruined Jamie Knight's life,it was because of her despicable campaign of hate that he lost his
home,wife and their unborn child. When Lucy`s latest victim contacts Jamie and asks for his help,he knows deep down that he really shouldn't get involved. But like
Michelle
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
I read The Magpies back in 2016 and I really enjoyed it, I was gripped and really bonded with the characters. When I heard recently that this was now a trilogy I was excited.

But my excitement didnt last.

I feel disappointed as book one was 400 pages. This book is less than 100 pages and book three is also less than 100 pages, which would you give you the impression that this is a pointless effort at a trilogy, and you would be correct.

On the whole this book would have been a good sequel however
babsi
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
oh wow what a sequel!!! bravo!
it was so easy to get back to the charakters and find out how their lives went in!
i enjoyed this as much as the first part and hope the story will go on😀
Kat Dietrich

A Murder of Magpies by Mark Edwards is the second in The Magpies series.

Series Background:    (Warning – May contain spoilers from previous books)
Jamie and Kirsty thought they had found the home of their dreams until the downstairs neighbours started to torment them.  Chris and Lucy Newton made their lives hell.  Kirsty eventually left, but Jamie’s pride took over.  He refused to give in.  Eventually he discovered that the Newton’s had bugged their apartment, and videotaped them.  He also discov
Tammy
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
I was disappointed with this book because The Magpies is one of my favorite books. This was just okay.
Sue McQuaide Kitt
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It has been 3 years since I read The Magpies and it has been a book that I haven’t forgotten, spiders come to mind. So I was really looking forward to A Murder of Magpies, a novella follow up, and it certainly was worth the wait and I really, really loved it.

A short and exciting read that had me holding my breath at times as it was so tense. How Mark Edwards managed to pack so much into one novella is beyond me, but that is what he has done. I highly recommend this book and if you haven’t yet re

• The Blissfully Dead (Detective Lennon Thriller, #2)
  • From the Cradle (Detective Lennon Thriller, #1)
  • All Fall Down (Kate Maddox, #2)
  • Killing Cupid
  • One Shot (Detective Patrick Lennon #2.5)
  • The Venus Trap
  • Forward Slash
  • Catch Your Death (Kate Maddox, #1)
  • Should Have Known Better
  • The Perfect Life
  • The Apartment
  • I Will Make You Pay
  • The Guest: A psychological thriller with a shocking twist
  • What Lies Between Us
  • When She Finds You
  • The Other Wife
  • Right Behind You (DCI Tom Douglas, #9)
  • You Are Mine
Mark Edwards writes psychological thrillers in which scary things happen to ordinary people.

He loves love hearing from readers and always responds. Mark can be contacted in the following ways:
Email: mark@markedwardsauthor.com
Twitter @mredwards
Facebook: www.facebook.com/markedwardsbooks

You can download a free box set of 'Short Sharp Shockers' by visiting www.markedwardsauthor.com/free

Mark has sold

The Magpies (3 books)
  • The Magpies (The Magpies, #1)
  • Last of the Magpies (Magpies, #3)