Start by marking “The End Zone” as Want to Read:
The End Zone

The End Zone

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  5,287 Ratings  ·  811 Reviews
Part of Team Player: A Sports Romance Anthology.

ebook, Short Story, 153 pages
Published April 3rd 2018 (first published December 14th 2017)

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"All the girls he brings home (roughly twenty percent of the US female population) do moan and scream for an average of forty minutes."

DNF at 25%
I am so fresh out of fucks at this point.

This book annoyed me faster than Speedy Gonzales can do his thing.
This book, (if I had the power and the effort) would have a running mp3 track of Amy Winehouse singing "no, no, n.o" in the background.
This book, to me was all the yikes in the world coming together for a hot cocoa.

______________

*lawyer voic
Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
4.5

I first read The End Zone by L.J. Shen when it was previously released in the sports romance anthology, Team Player. I wrote a review for it at that time. Before I say anything else, I'm going to include it here. It was my first impression after all.

photo 22789132_zpsxz1rrsf3.gif

Full disclosure, L. J. Shen is like a unicorn to me. I love her work, and I'm convinced she has magical powers that allow her to write the most perfect asshole heroes in romance. Therefore, I began reading this novella thinking I was going to fi
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Best friends from the age of 10. Now seniors in college, Sage needs to prove to his best friend Jolie that they can be more than just each other’s best friend. So how?? be his fake girlfriend for their last semester of college before he gets drafted to the NFL. He wants to experience relationships at their finest with no one else besides the closest girl he’s ever had to him, the only girl he’s ever loved. So it’s best friends to fake lovers.....

Both Sage and Jolie are secretly fighting stronge
Christy
3 stars!

This was a short and sexy friends to lovers story that I enjoyed, but was just missing a little something for me. I'm not sure if it was because it was so short I felt like I didn't get enough back story (or story in general with the characters) or what. Either way, I liked it- it just wasn't love for me x
L.J. Shen
Mar 29, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
My best friend is a manwh*re.
But he is also the boy I gave my heart to.

Previously published as part of Team Player: an Anthology. Includes an extended epilogue, and a SPECIAL chapter from Vicious, kickstarting a brand new series.

Audiobook > https://goo.gl/Le1Hw1
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

[licks screen!] LOVE BALLS!

Stand-alone novella.
Release: April 3, 2018
Pre-order: Coming soon!
Blurb:
Jolie Louis is a smart girl. She knows that her best friend, Sage Poirier, is a bad idea. He’s a walking, talking cliché. The Adonis quarterback with the bulging biceps and harem of fangirls trailing behind him on campus like a stench you can’t get rid of. Sadly, that’s also the reason she can’t stay away from him. Well, that and the fact that they’re roommates. Jolie is already straddling the line
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

THE END ZONE: This was previously released last year as part of the Team Player Anthology but has recently been re-edited and has a spanking new epilogue added. In this we meet Jolie Louis and her best friend Sage Poirier

PAST: It only took eight nights for her to summon up the courage to talk to him, to save him, and in that time it only took eight nights for her to give her heart to the broken boy next door.

NOW:
Elizabeth
★4.5★
"You're fucking everywhere."
description

The End Zone is a Sports Romance with sizzling passion and endearing characters. Previously released in the sports romance anthology The Team Player, Ms. Shen offers a fantastic contemporary romance with the addition of a surprise extended epilogue.

description
"You're in my heart and in my fingertips and on my fucking lips like a prayer."
The End Zone by L.J. Shen features a smoking hot football player who is secretly in love with his best friend. Gabe Poirier is the quar
Rachel Reads Ravenously
2 stars

I did not enjoy this one. Not at all. I love LJ Shen, but this is a story that I think would have been a million times better as a full length novel and not a novella. The plot was choppy with unresolved issues and no character development. I was actually going to give this 3 stars but then read the bonus epilogue and it got worse from there.

If you are looking for something hot with minimal to zero plot, this is the book for you.

Follow me on ♥ FacebookBlogInstagramTwitter
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*

Favorite Author + Favorite Trope multiplied by novella sized sexiness = WIN WIN WIN!!!
The End Zone is a sexy friends to lovers romance (with a dash of fake relationship yumminess) that’s sure to score with fans of Sports Romance and quick steamy reads. L.J. Shen brings her signature broody asshole hero game in this one. Add to that that Sage is sort of a douchebag and I never stood a chance! What the hell is wrong with me, right? Hi my name is Tijuana and I love alpha-hole douchebags! Admitting
Paige
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The End Zone by LJ Shen 5 Stars! A novella that doesn’t feel like a novella is my kind of novella. Plus it was sexy, sweet and swoony. A best-friends to lovers story with the perfect combination of angst and sweet. Plus the newest version had an amazing extended epilogue that will light your Kindle on Fire. Plus it’s got an extended epilogue for another LJ Shen series and one of my all time favorite stories.

Originally in the Team Player Anthology. Re-released with bonus epilogue and content.

Pr
Sophia Triad
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful 'friends to lovers story'. Very entertaining and without really much angst.

The main characters are very young, in their early twenties.
They will feel insecurities, they will make mistakes, they will be easy to be manipulated and this will result to misunderstandings. But true love always wins in the end.

The book has two points of view by the two main characters: Sage Poirier i.e. Louisiana’s finest college quarterback and a manwhore and Jolie Louis i.e. his Jo Jo and his best
Melanie (mells_view)
We’re one entity. Whole and broken. Happy and sad. Lost and so unbelievably found.

Jolie and Sage are best friends to lovers goals. Yes, Sage is a manwhore, but Jolie knows the good man under all the jerk. Their novella is quick and hot, with just enough angst to keep it interesting.

The Vicious bonus content and the sneak peek at what’s to come from Shen was so so so good. I didn’t think I’d ever be this excited to go back to high school.
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
An electric toothbrush?? Really, wtf? That bit spoilt the book for me, I'm sorry!

In all honesty, I prefered this story when it was part of the Team Player Anthology - but if you are looking for a short and sexy sports romance in the addictive style that we have all come to expect from LJ Shen, then you definitely need to pick this up. It was a lot of fun, but don't expect anything deep.

3.5 Stars
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
The End Zone is a short story about Jolie Louis and Sage Poirer. They are best friends since Jolie found Sage crying one rainy night and comforted him when they were kids. Now, both are senior college students and roommates. Jolie is in love with him for the longest time but his quarterback best friend is a manwhore. Then he asked her to be his fake girlfriend for the remaining semester. She's afraid this arrangement will ruin their friendship and him breaking her heart but she'll take the risk. ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤4 stars ❤

I really enjoyed The End Zone, it was a lighthearted,sweet,steamy and quick read!Both characters were lovable and I liked the story a lot!This story was the perfect best friends to lovers! I loved the push and pull between Sage and Jolie, their connection was something else and you could feel the intensity between them!The prologue was one of my favorite parts in this story!I wish we could have more!
Overall, it was a great read, you can't go wrong with L.J. Shen, I love her writing and
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***2 Stars***

Hooooo boy this book DID NOT work for me.

Image result for no gif

The emotional prologue hooked me, and then the rest of the novella fell off a cliff.

The writing is stiff and robotic.
There's zero character development.
The plot is weak and a ridiculous drama was thrown in at the end that made my eyes roll right out of my head.
The MC's have ABSOLUTELY NO CHEMISTRY.

However, my biggest issue is that this reads like how someone THINKS those in their early twenties talk and think. I mean, has the author been
Greta
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
"You're in my heart and in my fingertips and on my fucking lips like a prayer."

Well well well... this was SUPER HOT!!!! (and super sweet)

Non sono mai stata una fan delle novelle, anzi, di solito le odio proprio. Le trovo inutili. Un centinaio di pagine buttate a caso su una storia dove succede tutto e subito. E non dico che qui non sia stato così, perchè è stato così anche qui, però la Shen ti regala certe scene che... dopo sei morta.

Jolie e Sage sono amici sin da bambini, e quando vanno al
Jemima
Apr 04, 2018 rated it liked it
FOR GOODREADS

ARC

First, let me just put it out there. I'd worship L.J. Shen if I could...I love love her books.
I can't believe I'm saying this but I didn't really enjoy The End Zone as much I thought I would. It's not even the fact that this was a novella, I actually enjoyed the fast paced, almost an instant gratification of the book...it's the characters that left me disappointed. Sage and Jolie, together? Fireworks... Sage and Jolie separately? A royal dud.
It actually pains me to write this review because it
Michelle
Luv Sage!!!

This book is so good which I knew it would be. Come on its LJ Shen everyone of her books are amazing. I was looking forward to this book so much. Sage is just so amazing. Ye he's the cocky Manwhore football player. But where Jolie is concerned she is his everything. It just took him a lil time to realize that. But I have to say he is a very sexy strong alpha character and I luv him. I would luv a lil more of these two.

Jolie is great also she is very protective of him to in someway. T
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: football, lol
You wanna know what this book is about?

This book is about L.J. Shen making the Douchebag-Man-Whore her bitch.

This book is exactly why I love L.J. Shen. Like Sara Ney, L.J.Shen can make me hate/love the douchebag.

Sage is a Grade-A Douchebag-Man-Whore. He is the college quarterback, soon to be drafted, and can get anything he wants, including women. After a recent incident, he is lusting after his roommate, Jolie. He has never felt anything for her before now. Sage and Jolie have been best frie
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog

I read this book originally as part of the Team Player anthology and regardless of the time, my thoughts forThe End Zone was still the same... plus MORE because there's a lot more you'll get to read!

Original Review:

Holy Hell! Am I really reading a novella? Goodness! The book was packed with all things delicious! I tell you what, I have never been so happy I read LJ Shen's works. This woman and her writing is just FANTASTIC! End Zone is a friend's to lover's story that had me from the beginning.
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
Edited for the newly independent released version with extended epilogue.

The extra epilogue that hints at her future project is HOT. AMAZING. A GIFT FROM THE GODS. Too much? It isn’t. Once you read it, you will understand. I CANNOT WAIT! Thank God she has more for us in 2018 or I’d be crying in the corner due to the waiting period. All I can say is get ready, because you don’t even know! This scene is about cause her fandom to combust! I swear.

4 Like Lovers Do CROWNS

The End Zone by LJ Shen give
Helena Hunting
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love everything Leigh writes, and this sexy sports novella is no exception. I love friends to lovers romance, add in a hot, jerkface jock hero and I'm a swoony mess.
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
Re-read with the two extra epilogues:

Best extended epilogues EVER !

If you already read The End Zone while it was part of the Team Player Anthology, you still need to pick this one because the extra for Jolie &Sage’s story is absolutely hilarious!
In a matter of pages, I’ve swoon, combusted and laughed so hard!

The other extra epilogue is gonna drive you batshit crazy!! In a good way!
I want to tell more but I can’t, I don’t want to give anything away, just know that it’s one of the thing we w
Wendy ⏃: ✦●•CCBH Blogger•●✦
4 STARS!

The End Zone by L.J. Shen, previously published as part of the Team Player Anthology is still just as sweet and sexy with an added bonus making it one sweet treat!

Jolie and Sage have been best friends since they were ten. Now they're grownups and roommates who find one another attractive. Sage is a known manwhore and Jolie fears she will not only lose her heart, but her best friend too if they cross that line. So when egotistical Sage propositions Jolie to be his fake girlfriend, she can
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
This is my review for The End Zone when I read it in Team Player: A Sports Romance Anthology:

The End Zone - L.J. Shen:

3.5 ★'s

Sage and Jolie met when they were ten years old and became best friends. Fast forward to college and that's still true although they don't actually run in the same crowds anymore.

He asks her to become his roommate and then his fake girlfriend and they both fight their feelings. Sage is a bit of a horndog and that took away some of the story for me.

But I did like how he
Pick a Book
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
English / Português

4,5 "like forever" stars

Another book by L.J. Shen on my list. One more book of hers that I love. I think it's the fifth book I read from the author and I want to read a lot more. I didn't know that THE END ZONE was a novella, but even short it was so good!!!!

The book tells the story of Sage and Jolie. Childhood friends who were living together in college time. This is a story about friends who discover that they actually are in love more than they imagined one for the other.

As
Na
Review Update:
"One pulls, the other pushes. One wants, the other gives. One loves, the other hurts."

I've read this novella the first time in December when the Team Player anthology was published. I fell in love with it right after the first few pages. And I've re-read The End Zone now, because it will soon be published on its own. Again I fell in love with it. I felt everything all over again I felt the first time I read Jolie's and Sage's story.

"He's the kid I fell in love with at the age of te
NiCoLeTa E.
***3,5 "Faking it!!!" stars***

"On the eighth night, the girl gave the boy her heart.
He took it silently, never offering his back."

L.J. Shen is writing wonderful stories, even the small ones!!!!
And this wasn't an exception, even though that for me was missing something...
The chemistry between Jolie and Sage was palpable, the storyline was very good, but for me it felt too rushed in some points...
But, it was just a novel after all, so it can be justified!!!!

Sage and Jolie are best friends sinc
L.J. Shen is USA Today and Washington Post bestselling author of contemporary romance books. She lives in California with her husband, son and lazy cat.
When she's not writing, she enjoys reading a good book with a glass of wine and catching up on her favorite HBO and Netflix shows.

Yeah, she's a badass like that.

Keep up with L.J. on all platforms:
Newsletter Sign up ➜ http://goo.gl/FwfMzr
Facebook➜
“Because I just fell in love. I’m talking love at first sight. Your pussy is just so darn pretty, I wanna marry it. Can I marry your pussy? The rest of your body can stay single, I swear.” 3 likes
“About your pussy being a hussy. She’s not a fucking hussy. She opens up and sings, but just for me. She’s a slut, but just for me. She’s a fucking horny maniac—for. No. One. But. Me. Yeah?” 2 likes