Start by marking “Perfecto error (The Heartbreakers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Perfecto error (The Heartbreakers, #1)

Perfecto error

(The Heartbreakers Chronicles #1)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  8,276 ratings  ·  1,084 reviews
«Cuando conocí a Oliver Perry, no me di cuenta de que era el cantante de The Heartbreakers. Y él no tenía ni idea de que yo era la única chica del mundo que odiaba su música...»

Stella haría cualquier cosa por su hermana. Incluso hacer cola durante horas para que los chicos de The Heartbreakers le firmen un CD. Al menos, ha conocido a un chico guapísimo cuando ha ido a por
Published January 18th 2018 by Alfaguara (first published August 4th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Perfecto error, please sign up.
Jannell Yes, each book will heavily feature a different member of The Heartbreakers. If you click on "The Heartbreaker Chronicles" up top, it will give you a…moreYes, each book will heavily feature a different member of The Heartbreakers. If you click on "The Heartbreaker Chronicles" up top, it will give you a current/future title list of the series.(less)

·  8,276 ratings  ·  1,084 reviews

Start your review of Perfecto error (The Heartbreakers, #1)
Lola
The perfect summer read.

I had my doubts regarding this book. Mundane teenage girl meets rock star (though I’m leaning more toward ‘‘popstar’’) and, from that exact moment, her entire life changes… talk about serendipity. Not-so-realistic serendipity.

I hate to say this, but it was insta-love between those two. I’m not a fan of insta-love.

So how did this book manage to kindle my interest so much, then?

Two words: family and friendship. Those themes were fully present.

Stella’s sister is deeply sick;
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
Instead of torturing myself further, I finally decided to give up on this book the second I finished the 103rd page. I'm surprised I made it that far, and I definitely have no regrets.

Within those miserable--okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but I did NOT enjoy anything I read AT ALL--103 pages, I managed to:

a.) encounter an elitist heroine whose hair I wanted to pull off so badly.

Stella was a bitch, really. I mean, who the heck tells someone that their music is crap? I'm all for being opinionated,
Ashley Nuckles
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another story I read on wattpad yeaaaars ago I decided to reread for nostalgia. Cheesy and lighthearted! Just a fun story overall!
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
This book could've gotten a better rating from me if I hadn't just read a Miranda Kinneally book which is pretty much the same with the plot of this book. I don't like comparing books, I have said it before, but I can't help it because Jesse's Girl is still fresh in my mind and like I mentioned above, it sorta has the same plot with TH.

The Heartbreakers was so unmemorable that I even wondered why was I reading it in the first place. It was.... uneventful and dull. At least, for me, Its not that
ambsreads
DNF @ 41%

The Heartbreakers was a book I wanted to love. I'm pretty sure I had originally read the first few chapters on Wattpad when it was first being written and enjoyed it. Though I'm finding the more experienced I get as a reader the less I enjoy books I originally loved. Now, this is not to hate on the authors writing style or anything. I
Teodora
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bulgarian review: https://bookishipster.wordpress.com/2...

'The Heartbreakers' reminded me of the times when all i could do was obsess over boybands and imagine what my life would have been if i knew them. It was really cute, a bit predictable, but still worthy. It didn't fail to make me smile not even once. I really enjoyed it.
Maureen
This would've been better without the sexist/perverted boy joke being played every other chapter. The love story was super cute tho. Oliver was obnoxious for a while but I loved Stella and her passion for photography! I'm also always a sucker for famous person / normal person romances so that element was great.
Read this in almost a single sitting WHOOPS.
Rhea Dsouza
If you want to read a book that will make you stupider for having read it, you, my dear friend, have stumbled upon the find of your lifetime. Not only is The Heartbreakers a brain cell killer, it will also annihilate your chances of ever wanting pick up a Young Adult Contemporary after it, so beware.

Let me tell you a little something about this book: DONT READ IT. No, seriously. Reading a review about it and laughing at the sheer stupidity that is this book is one thing, but putting yourself
Jasmine from How Useful It Is
About: The Heartbreakers is a young adult fiction written by Ali Novak. It was published on 4/4/15 by Sourcebooks Fire, an imprint of Sourcebooks, 336 pages. The genres are fiction, young adult, contemporary, and romance. There are 2 books to The Heartbreak Chronicles series so far where book two, Paper Hearts will be published on 7/4/17.

My Experience: I started reading The Heartbreakers on 6/14/17 and finished it on 6/16/17. This book started out great! It had a great sense of humor. I laughed
Bonnie Shores
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen-life
This book is the epitome of every fangirl's dream. And it's fantastic!

description

If you've ever fantasized that you were the girl who could capture the attention of a famous heartthrob because you're different from all the other girls who throw themselves at him... Well, then... you're in for a super fun ride!

description

Stella, Cara and Drew are triplets who really love each other. Cara has cancer and is very sick. She totally loves The Heartbreakers, currently the most famous boyband in the world. Their 18th
Ezinwanyi
This was a cute story about Family, Health and Personal Growth.
Stella, Drew and Cara are triplets who are close and they feel helpless because Cara isn't winning her battle with non Hodgkin lymphoma.
When Cara's favorite boy band "The Heartbreakers" were in town, Stella and Drew decided to get her a signed poster from the band. Stella ended up meeting the lead Singer Oliver on her Starbucks run and they didn't know each other so they flirted with each other.

It started a romance between Stella
Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This is no way impacted in my view.

The Heartbreakers was definitely a cutesy YA contemporary read. Like most others, there were fun times, and also sad, angsty moments, which I think are characteristic of YA contemporary novels. In this book we meet Stella, a triplet, whose sister, Cara, has stage IV cancer. To try and deal with her own emotions through this ordeal, Stella turns to photography, which manages to change her life
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
If you are looking for an interesting, yet extremely quirky book to make you laugh this summer, The Heartbreakers is for you. The plot is a little far fetched but, I was able to see past this and enjoy the fun that this book has to offer. The Heartbreakers has everything: a boy band, Starbucks, a cancer story and a brave main character who is full of sass.

The Heartbreakers is a slightly unrealistic book, which is probably why I enjoyed it! The plot is so unbelievable that I just had to laugh.
Yuli Atta
3,5

I can't give this book more than 3 stars because it's too ordinary, fanfiction-like, but I really enjoyed it.
There is a time when I want to read something like this to remind me of the time when I loved reading various fanfictions. This book is good. But I will always consider it a fanfiction. It is just so similar and yet I really liked it.
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Really, really adorable. I was not expecting this to be as emotional as it was. Definitely a cute contemporary worth picking up.

Full review to come.
Gabs {My Full Bookshelf Reviews}
This is one of the most unrealistic books I have ever in my life read. It is so improbable. There were some cute moments, but they were drowned out by the fact that these cute moments have about a 0.001% (I am going to be optimistic here) percent chance of happening.

First off, how Stella meets Oliver Perry twice within such a short span of time without actually trying is beyond me. I couldn't even find a celebrity if I tried. Let alone twice...and we won't even mention the fact that both times
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
What is it about rock stars that appeal to almost everyone? Whether in young adult reads, new adult, or just plain old adult, they just are appealing to so many of us.

This story was about a rock star, a band, and of course, a girl. But more than that this story went deeper. It was about families, and love, taking chances, and living life to the fullest, and loving those around us and being strong for those that need us to be without losing ourselves in the process.

It was about chasing our
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Listened to the audiobook of this while re-organizing my bookshelves and it was a perfect fit. I have to admit, I'm surprised by how not-terrible this was. I thought it was going to be super cheesy and stupid, but for what it was, it was pretty damn cute. Would I recommend it? Probably not. But I'm definitely not mad about it.
Kirsty-Marie Jones
I NEED TO STOP READING THESE TYPES OF BOOKS. THEY'RE ROTTING MY BRAIN. BUT SO MUCH FUN.
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Thank you NetGalley and Sourcebooks Fire for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

The Heartbreakers is a light contemporary romance read that could have a great potential. It was a great start but in the end the story was okay and it didn't give me the vibe whenever I'm reading a contemporary book. I don't mind cheesy lines and cliché stories. It may be a fast paced read but I feel like there is something missing.

The story is about Stella, a girl who has passion for photography.
Svetla Peicheva
Aug 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
3.5 stars because it wasn't that big of a deal, but it made me feel things (mostly desire to hit Oliver with something hard very, very strong) but still. The writing wasn't bad at all but if I have to be honest this just isn't my type of story.There were a lot of times I found it cheesy and stupid. The characters, specifically Oliver and Stella, who were supposed to be most developed and shit like that kinda weren't and that's why it gets 3.5 stars instead of 4.
Rose Charpentier
It was sweet and lovely. But definitely not what I expected.
Sabina (Whatsername_reads)
Cute read. Yes, it is actually silly teenage insta love thing (which I usually hate) but I still somehow enjoyed. I needed something sweet and The Heartbreakers is exactly that kind of guilty pleasure stories. :) I liked When It`s Real by Erin Watt much better but OK, I read worse books too.

P. S. Honestly, I will probably rate this book with 2,5 stars but it lighten my stressful day and made me smile.

Bee
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Istyria book blog ~ B's world of enchanted books

Oh geez, you guys. This was just so sweet and cute. I'm actually a bit lost for words to be honest. I really adored this book, but still it didn't quite feel like a five star book and it's really bugging me because I have no idea why.

The Heartbreakers is about Stella. When she goes on a road trip with her brother Drew to get an autographed CD from the popular band The Heartbreakers for their sick twin sister Cara, Stella never imagined how much her
Nur Raihan
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review is up on my Youtube channel! :)

Peri June
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-challenge
One of my favorite tropes is when a famous guy falls for a non-famous girl, so this was a treat.

I loved how snarky Stella was to the band from the get-go. Each band member had such a distinct personality, it was fun watching (reading?) them interact with one another.

There's Oliver: the smoldering heartthrob.
JJ: who'll flirt with anything female.
Xander: the shy, sweet one.
Alec: the mysterious, brooding guy.

Mix all that with Stella's "bottle rocket" nature and you have one helluva ride!
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

Review Also Posted Here:Dreamy Addictions

I received this book from Net galley in return for an honest review. I didn’t really think I would enjoy it as much as I expected it.It was really fun and entertaining read that you wouldn’t want to put it down.The author did great in portraying the family relationships, siblings love, love and friendship.This book’s got a Disney vibe to it you know.

I’ve really enjoyed the characters they were the best part of the story. The story
Jen
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

You guys. YOU GUYS. The Heartbreakers by Ali Novak is probably one of the cutest books I’ve read this summer. It’s got everything a girl could want in a contemporary: a girl who’s got passion, sibling love, and a boy band. Yep, you heard me: a boy band. So many things just clicked for me in The Heartbreakers, making it a fun, endearing read.

TRIPLETS FOR THE WIN

Y’all, this book has a wonderful trio: Stella, Cara, and Drew. The story is told in first person only from Stella’s
Debby

Cuuute and, in some ways, exactly what I needed, but definitely not that memorable. After waiting a couple weeks to write a review, I found I no longer had anything to say. But on the other hand, I wouldn't mind revisiting this story some day if I'm in the mood for some fluff.

• P.S. I Like You
  • Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss
  • Love, Life, and the List
  • Lucky in Love
  • When It's Real
  • Until Friday Night (The Field Party, #1)
  • Racing Savannah
  • Catch a Falling Star
  • Dare to Fall
  • Alex, Approximately
  • Jesse's Girl (Hundred Oaks)
Ali Novak is aWisconsin native and agraduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s creative writing program. She started writing her debut novel My Life with the Walter Boys when she was only fifteen. Her work has received more than 150 million reads online.

When she isn’t writing, Ali enjoys Netflix marathons, traveling with her husband Jared, and reading any type of fantasy novel she can get

The Heartbreakers Chronicles (3 books)
  • Paper Hearts (The Heartbreaker Chronicles, #2)
  • Heartstrings (The Heartbreakers Chronicles, #3)
“The world moves fast, changing everything around us with each new day. Photography is a gift that can keep us in a moment forever, blissfully eternal.” 32 likes
“Life is never going to give you a break. It's a hard, unforgiving son of a bitch, and when it steamrolls you over, there are two choices: stay down, or get back on your feet and fight.” 22 likes