Start by marking “Secrets (Secrets #1)” as Want to Read:
Secrets (Secrets #1)

Secrets

(Secrets #1)

This is a previously published edition of ASIN B078PZD6C7. There are alternate cover editions for this ASIN here, here, and here.

Four young friends, four fated mates.
One secret that could separate them forever.
Battling the demons of society and acceptance, can one of them handle the secrets that have been kept?
Or will it be too much to bear?
Some things are better left unsa
Published August 9th 2018 (first published December 29th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets

Cassandra
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! I bought this book to read, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book!

The cover is beautiful and compelling all at once.

This is a short story about 24 pages. It is a YA book with 4 friends who just graduated high school, and they are magical. This story is an emotionally packed rollercoaster. It is a truly fantastic and beautiful written story. It is true to li
Ana
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a very strong and compelling story, although short it told me the struggle that this type of secret, or situation can have on a person. The damage it can cause if not dealt with in time, so be yourself, not what others want and let them know no matter what their reaction may be.

Read how friends stick together to cope with problems.
Deb
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: YA to Adults - any genre
What a wonderful, first, short story for a brand new Indie author! “Secrets” is a PNR must read, but not just for YA readers, but also for adults no matter your preferred genre! What a touching storyline that addresses serious, real life situations that can affect any age. This grabbed me from the start & kept me turning pages to find out how it would end, so I actually read it all in one sitting! With interesting characters & some suspense, it kept me engaged, and then left me wanting m ...more
Anna Salamatin
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a short but very compelling story about acceptance and unconditional love. These twin brothers were able to stand united in each other’s choices and reassure the others because they were raised in that kind of home environment.... there’s a lesson here for those with an open mind and heart. Teach your children acceptance so they will teach their own, and so on...
No one should be forced to suffer in silence because of a life choice.
Sheryl
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4 friends and a secret that tore a family apart and brought another family together. I loved this short novella.

I am leaving this review on my own for this book.
Sue
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a short, read it in your coffee break, story.
The deeper meaning behind it gives you food for thought though.
A sweet and thought provoking read.
Lynn Reynolds
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Salem and his brother grew up being different. Our author may not have intended me to laugh but I found it hard not to when Salem questions something he sees – you’ll understand what I mean when you read the scene. The scene also made me wish I was there.

Even though this is told in the first person, when Jinx starts to talk it’s like he’s talking to the reader. Another reason that I wished I was there. The author has written a message to her readers but I found it as I was reading because that m
Cynthia
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She makes a clear statement that love comes to all. What you do with that love is in your hands, plus the one you love! This story is about reaching out to those who you love. It moved me to tears and that is hard to do now days. This is a very moving, steady story that will leave you understanding so much while desiring more of the story!

Well done as a Indie author first Paranormal book! Acceptable for any age from 14+ years not just YA!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND MUST READ!!
Mario
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Brief but important message

This was more a message than a story, at least as far as I’m concerned. I appreciate the quick pace, and youthful language, and of course, I am strongly in favor of the moral it conveys.
Scarolet Ellis
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Secrets: Book One by T.M. Payne is an amazing story that I have had the privilege to read. This is book number one in this amazing start to a brand new series writen by a brand new author for me to read. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about paranormal romances.

Betty
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a short story about a secret kept and the consequences it can cause. This is a beautiful story with a powerful message that we can all learn from. Caring and strong characters. I just loved it and highly recommend it. Fantastically done!!
Schellie
May 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Really quick read

This was a nice little short story. Touching on sexuality and the fear of a family bond lost, a soul feeling lost and despondent. Check it out, it reads really quickly!
Deborah
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Don't Assume

This is a quick read about a young man getting the courage to talk to his twin about his sexual orientation. Enjoy I did.
Candace
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent short story that sets up a new series. A sensitive and timely topic handled in a great way. This author is going places!
Lily
Jul 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
I have nothing against the concept of the story but the writing style was not to my liking. It seemed immature and dialogues were artificial. This story could have better word selection, better dialogues, better scenes, better emotions and expressions. Short read does not mean that it should lack everything.
Marsha
Aoidin Oluwalogbon
rated it did not like it
Aug 01, 2018
T.M. Payne
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Barb
Katie
Feb 06, 2018
Cass
Feb 16, 2018
T.M. Payne is a mom to grown children, and she has six beautiful grandchildren whom she adores.
She was born in Alexandria, Virginia and has never lived too far from the area.

She has always enjoyed reading from an early age and began her journey into book blogging four years ago, and has never looked back. Reading is her relaxation, and she loves helping others find a good book. Lending a hand wit

Secrets (4 books)
  • The Beginning (Secrets #2)
  • Life at Last (Secret #3)
  • A Holiday to Remember (Secrets #4)